It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 10-08-17, 02:09 PM   #81
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
well whooshed

too subtle, Gray, but not for me

I don't think he was trying to be subtle, or clever, just a little play on words/names.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 10-08-17, 02:47 PM   #82
Gray
Dalglish

Correct
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 08:45 PM   #83
Exiled_red
Paisley

Reading some of the comments on here about him being first choice or better than Clyne etc this feels like the situation we had with Insua, he made a few decent appearences and then everyone was raving about him, playing week in week out is (especially in defence) is very different to playing the odd game here and there. I hope this ends better than it did with Insua.
Old 10-08-17, 08:48 PM   #84
Paddy
Out Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Reading some of the comments on here about him being first choice or better than Clyne etc this feels like the situation we had with Insua, he made a few decent appearences and then everyone was raving about him, playing week in week out is (especially in defence) is very different to playing the odd game here and there. I hope this ends better than it did with Insua.

A handful of decent appearances in pre season and last season does not make him an instant starter ahead of one of our more consistent players. Of course we know Clyne is liable to the occasional error, but when he's fit he should be straight back in the team.

TAA for League cup and FA cup games though.
Old 10-08-17, 11:44 PM   #85
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

A handful of decent appearances in pre season and last season does not make him an instant starter ahead of one of our more consistent players. Of course we know Clyne is liable to the occasional error, but when he's fit he should be straight back in the team.

TAA for League cup and FA cup games though.
Id say so, but I can see big things for this lad.
by the end of the season he could be ourr main right back but he is so pacey and attack minded he could also deputise on the wing.
he should get plenty of substitute minutes as well as cup games.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 11:48 PM   #86
Venton
Shankly

Clyne is an ok defender but his main problem over the last 18 months is he lacks penetration. He can't seem to beat a man and more often than not his pass or cross is poor. I think his ability to get up and down the pitch quickly masks these fundamental flaws. I hope that TAA can learn the defensive side well because based on what I've seen of him over the last two years he's much better offensively than Clyne.
Old 10-08-17, 11:58 PM   #87
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
Clyne is an ok defender but his main problem over the last 18 months is he lacks penetration. He can't seem to beat a man and more often than not his pass or cross is poor. I think his ability to get up and down the pitch quickly masks these fundamental flaws. I hope that TAA can learn the defensive side well because based on what I've seen of him over the last two years he's much better offensively than Clyne.
Spot on.
the one redeeming factor is clyne having a proper fast winger option in front if him so he doesnt have to overlap so much, just be ready to win the loose balls and quickly feed them back in.

taa seems the more natural athlete, more attack minded etc. He will be our bale.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson

Last edited by baitman; 11-08-17 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-08-17, 09:35 AM   #88
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

People are harsh on Clyne. He's been a good signing. I think he just looked a bit jaded, he's played a lot of games for us with little rest.

TAA is the future though and he needs to take this chance while Clyne is out.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 09:48 AM   #89
DeeTheDog
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Spot on.
the one redeeming factor is clyne having a proper fast winger option in front if him so he doesnt have to overlap so much, just be ready to win and loose balls and quickly feed them back in.

taa seems the more natural athlete, more attack minded etc. He will be our bale.
Surely Clyne can only be seen as an athlete and attack minded, he is a converted winger. Allied with the fact that he turned out nearly every week for our team over two seasons is testament to that. I also think he was an ever present for Southampton prior too.

Also disagree with the point that he cannot beat a man, the issue with Clyne is what he does when he beats the man, his final ball has been disappointing and the less said about his shooting the better; however, how much was that done to fatigue and lack of competition I do not know.

We are in a good situation where we have one the better right backs in the Premiership now being pushed by what could be a prodigious talent. Either Clyne ups his game a level with the challenge or rest or we have one of the most exciting teenagers in the game with an excellent back-up. Win, win, no?
DeeTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 10:24 AM   #90
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTheDog View Post
Win, win, no?
win win yes

Old 11-08-17, 12:40 PM   #91
SB
Paisley

Clyne's ok defensively but not so good going forward & TAA is a bit opposite really. He's better going forward but not quite as assured in defence. TAA will improve & has the potential to be the better player in a few years IMO.
Old 12-08-17, 03:00 PM   #92
brightred
Befuddled

He's better than Gomez anyway!!
Old 12-08-17, 03:08 PM   #93
Exiled_red
Paisley

I thought he had a decent game, he was unlucky that his attempt to clear led to the second goal as it deflected off Matip to the Watford player.

I was very impressed with his delivery from set-pieces, we came very close to scoring from 2 of his corners.
Old 12-08-17, 11:03 PM   #94
SB
Paisley

Yeah he did alright
Old 16-08-17, 12:00 AM   #95
labourRed
Shankly

labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 12:02 AM   #96
ChesterDave
Paisley

TAA
Old 16-08-17, 12:06 AM   #97
baitman
Daddy day care

boss da

Old 16-08-17, 12:37 AM   #98
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Wouldn't it be nice if Woodburn and Kent could make similar impacts on our first team!
Old 16-08-17, 10:15 AM   #99
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 16-08-17, 10:20 AM   #100
Phoenix07
The Normal One

I don't think Clyne's going to get back in if Terrence carries on like this. An incredible performance in a highly pressured situation. Flanno got called the Scouse Cafu, but Terrence fits the description far better lol.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-08-17, 10:35 AM   #101
labourRed
Shankly

There's no chance Clyne gets back if he churns out performances like last night. Crazy that's there's so much more to come from his game as well. Defensively of course but also a bit more composure in the final third. The latter improvement will iron out with more games.

Thankfully when Clyne comes back it'll ensure he doesn't get burnt out.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 10:43 AM   #102
Daffy Duck
Shankly

When Clyne comes back I'd like to see Trent replace Wijnaldum, at least for one game to see how it works out. Think he can be a killer center mid. At least he'll accumulate more touches than Mignolet.
Daffy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 10:43 AM   #103
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

...and there's no way an 18 year old can play every game. Ideal scenario is that TAA and Clyne share RB duties this season.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 10:48 AM   #104
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
...and there's no way an 18 year old can play every game. Ideal scenario is that TAA and Clyne share RB duties this season.
Will be plenty of time for everyone. He's going to be a god here, nailed on future captain and in 20 years probably tops those shitty "players who shook the kop" lists the offish do.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 10:48 AM   #105
Daffy Duck
Shankly

Is Mostar still on Est? I'd like to thank him for all the LFC-related content he provides for free, and also appeal for him to change the choice of music in his videos
Daffy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 11:13 AM   #106
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

He is a great player, he still has stuff to learn defensively and can't play week in week out but I imagine he will get time from the bench in a lot of the games that he doesn't start.

I actually wonder if when TAA starts whether we might see Clyne at LB, given that LB is a problem position and Clyne had played well there in the past, you could make a case for the two of them being our best 2 full backs and that could be a way to get both on the pitch.

Obviously we need to be careful not to burn out TAA.

Do we see him playing as a RB long term or transitioning into other roles?
Old 16-08-17, 11:16 AM   #107
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I wonder if he has it in him to be a Deli Ali type player?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 16-08-17, 11:47 AM   #108
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy Duck View Post
Is Mostar still on Est? I'd like to thank him for all the LFC-related content he provides for free, and also appeal for him to change the choice of music in his videos
Old 16-08-17, 11:58 AM   #109
Maxiedge
Shankly

Quote:

Poor bloke keeps getting his accounts closed on Twitter
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 12:45 PM   #110
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
yeh, Mostar we love you, man. even if your music is shite.

Old 16-08-17, 12:47 PM   #111
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
nah, he'll be the new gerrard

Old 16-08-17, 01:08 PM   #112
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Gareth Bale started out as a left back.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 01:12 PM   #113
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
yeh, i have mentioned the bale comparison a few times.
the attacking side of his play, fantastic acceleration and dribbling, he will blossom into an attacking midfielder/winger for sure.

Old 16-08-17, 01:56 PM   #114
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
TAA is not a bona fide full back. Those who watched his progression in youth ranks and for England will have seen him play as defensive mid, right wing and sometimes an attacking midfielder.

He's actually a whizzkid at dribbling, though his delivery has surprised me. He's definitely worked on that as he's grown and it shows. He's closer to Bale than just the full back comparisons. Just need to see if he has a wonder strike from outside the box like the Ox does.
Old 16-08-17, 02:03 PM   #115
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
TAA is not a bona fide full back. Those who watched his progression in youth ranks and for England will have seen him play as defensive mid, right wing and sometimes an attacking midfielder.

He's actually a whizzkid at dribbling, though his delivery has surprised me. He's definitely worked on that as he's grown and it shows. He's closer to Bale than just the full back comparisons. Just need to see if he has a wonder strike from outside the box like the Ox does.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 03:15 PM   #116
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post

I'm not going to contradict you because I know better, because I don't, but I was fairly sure SG said on BT last night that he'd hardly ever played anywhere other than full back
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 03:43 PM   #117
Havors
Fagan

Quote:
why the hell not?? Definitely not due to fitness or stamina.... he is 18! when I was 18 I could play footy for 5 hours a day every day and I wasnt anywhere near as fit as these players.

If you mean mentally? Hmmm debatable.... what better way to learn than in the deep end? I think this is the problem we have with a lot of youngsters these days, they are "protected" and hardly get a frigging game.

As long as his form is good he has to play for me. Age is irrelevant. If your good enough your good enough.
Old 16-08-17, 04:10 PM   #118
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
I'm not going to contradict you because I know better, because I don't, but I was fairly sure SG said on BT last night that he'd hardly ever played anywhere other than full back
I heard that too, but I think it came across wrong. Gerrard has been a big fan of Trent for a while, so would have watched him play midfeild plenty of times. I think he meant since Trent broke into the team playing RB, he has played most of his games there since.
Old 16-08-17, 04:18 PM   #119
RedReet

This is actually what he said about him over 2 years ago..

Quote:
Trent Arnold has a terrific chance of making it as a top professional. He’s quite leggy but he’s got a lovely frame and seems to have all the attributes you need. He has the right attitude and comes from West Derby, home to Melwood. So Trent is another Scouser and apparently, just as I tried to be John Barnes and Steve McMahon, he grew up pretending to be me while playing in the Merseyside parks. He can play as a number 6, a holding midfielder, but he’s versatile and I’ve seen him fill various positions. I know England are all over him
Old 16-08-17, 04:26 PM   #120
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
This is actually what he said about him over 2 years ago..

I don't think TAA modeled himself on the Gerrard that played as full back.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC