It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-21, 02:32 PM   #1
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47,664
Liverpool V Watford (AWAY) thread

Looks like no Jota. Jones possibly out? Thiago out.



Not sure about the Brazilians either (dont think Bobby was selected)... Or Trent

Worst case XI

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
VVD
Robbo

Hendo
Milner
Keita

Salah
Firmino
Mane


Best case XI

Alisson

Trent
Matip
VVD
Robbo

Fabinho
Henderson
Jones

Salah
Firmino
Mane
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 12-10-21, 03:17 PM   #2
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
Looks like Trent will be good.

Curtis played (and assisted the winner) for the England U21 since that tweet, so he’s good too.

__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 03:56 PM   #3
Scratch
If you fail once....
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,190
Hmmmn, would we rest Robbo maybe, given his resent schedule?

Kelleher
TAA
Matip
VVD
Tsimikas
Henderson
Jones
Milner/Ox/Minamino
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Not liking that midfield too much, never a fan of Hendo and Milner in midfield. But it might be forced upon us, unless Minamino makes an appearance?
__________________
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 05:47 PM   #4
kev776
Paisley
 
kev776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Hmmmn, would we rest Robbo maybe, given his resent schedule?

Kelleher
TAA
Matip
VVD
Tsimikas
Henderson
Jones
Milner/Ox/Minamino
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Not liking that midfield too much, never a fan of Hendo and Milner in midfield. But it might be forced upon us, unless Minamino makes an appearance?
Henderson Keita Jones for Midfield
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 07:22 PM   #5
Scratch
If you fail once....
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
Henderson Keita Jones for Midfield
Forgot about Naby!
__________________
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 07:18 AM   #6
BigChief
Paisley
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Forgot about Naby!
That's the problem with him.
__________________
It's Kloppering time!
BigChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 06:19 PM   #7
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,870
With 12:30 ko, I fully expect to see Millie, ox and origi start
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 06:25 AM   #8
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
With 12:30 ko, I fully expect to see Millie, ox and origi start
The lads who stayed and trained look a good bet

Naby who’s been recovering from injury has played 3 games in 6 days for Guinea.......doubt he’ll play
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 07:19 AM   #9
Harv
Randy Marsh
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
The lads who stayed and trained look a good bet

Naby who’s been recovering from injury has played 3 games in 6 days for Guinea.......doubt he’ll play
A) Thats absurd that they're made to play 3 games in 6 days.

and

B) Its funny how he's always fit for Guinea and gets to play on those fucking potato fields in Africa without getting a scratch on him, then comes back to us and get injured after 10 minutes. Every single fucking time time. Last international break he played all their games too, then comes back and scuffs the ground when kicking the ball and is out ever since...but of course fit again just in time to play for Guinea again.
__________________
"When a man insults my country I insult him, by taking his woman" Tony Yeboah

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 09:23 AM   #10
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
A) Thats absurd that they're made to play 3 games in 6 days.

and

B) Its funny how he's always fit for Guinea and gets to play on those fucking potato fields in Africa without getting a scratch on him, then comes back to us and get injured after 10 minutes. Every single fucking time time. Last international break he played all their games too, then comes back and scuffs the ground when kicking the ball and is out ever since...but of course fit again just in time to play for Guinea again.
Brentford is the only game he has hasn't been available for us. I imagine it's a bit easier to get into the Guinea starting 11 than ours.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 04:40 AM   #11
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,472
Millie at RB?
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 08:03 AM   #12
kev776
Paisley
 
kev776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,507
Looks like Allison, Fabinho, Thiago and Jota are unavailable.

Kelleher
TAA-Matip-VVD-Robbo
Milly-Hendo-Jones
Salah-Bobby-Mane

Adrian
Gomez
Konte
Ox
Keita
Mina
Origi
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 12:12 PM   #13
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 01:07 PM   #14
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,451
I saw a headline saying that Watford snubbed a request from Liverpool to play it on Sat evening as opposed to Sat lunchtime.

I hope we rest our 2 Brazilian lads and smash them anyway.

Will be a tricky game though.

I would go with:

------------------------KELLEHER---------------------------

TRENT------MATIP----------------VIRGIL-----------ROBBO

------------------------HENDERSON------------------------

-----------MILNER---------------------JONES---------------

SALAH------------------FIRMINO-------------------MANE
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 01:46 PM   #15
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I saw a headline saying that Watford snubbed a request from Liverpool to play it on Sat evening as opposed to Sat lunchtime.

I hope we rest our 2 Brazilian lads and smash them anyway.

Will be a tricky game though.

I would go with:

------------------------KELLEHER---------------------------

TRENT------MATIP----------------VIRGIL-----------ROBBO

------------------------HENDERSON------------------------

-----------MILNER---------------------JONES---------------

SALAH------------------FIRMINO-------------------MANE
1: Don't blame them.

2: Could we have even done that if BT paid for the rights to show our game? They already can't show us after CL games and so I'm sure they'd have been pretty pissed off.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 02:52 PM   #16
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
1: Don't blame them.

2: Could we have even done that if BT paid for the rights to show our game? They already can't show us after CL games and so I'm sure they'd have been pretty pissed off.



It shouldn’t have been up to watford and it shouldn’t have been up to Liverpool to request it. Haven’t read into why the Brazilians can’t play tbh- quarantine rules or something, but the PL should be on top of the scheduling in these cases and have the games at suitable times.

International football is a joke though.. you look at portugal playing Ronaldo for 90 min the other day, even though they’re 4-0 up at half time. If that was our 48 year old or whatever age he is, would really piss me off.. Ole didn’t start him against Everton after he played 90 min in a midweek game before it- is he gonna do the same again this weekend, now?

The clubs should really have more say about how much a player can play, etc etc. after all, they are the ones paying the salaries.
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 02:55 PM   #17
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post


It shouldn’t have been up to watford and it shouldn’t have been up to Liverpool to request it. Haven’t read into why the Brazilians can’t play tbh- quarantine rules or something, but the PL should be on top of the scheduling in these cases and have the games at suitable times.

International football is a joke though.. you look at portugal playing Ronaldo for 90 min the other day, even though they’re 4-0 up at half time. If that was our 48 year old or whatever age he is, would really piss me off.. Ole didn’t start him against Everton after he played 90 min in a midweek game before it- is he gonna do the same again this weekend, now?

The clubs should really have more say about how much a player can play, etc etc. after all, they are the ones paying the salaries.
its a question of priorities & a stupid kick off time for Brazil 01:30 tonight, leaving 36 hrs before Watford game.

in addition ( & i don't know for certain its correct), but if they travel back to the UK 1st, then they cannot play in Spain on Wednesday due to covid restrictions (Brazil, Uk, Spain)?? that could be old news or just a journo making up crap; but thats what i read last week.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 03:03 PM   #18
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
its a question of priorities & a stupid kick off time for Brazil 01:30 tonight, leaving 36 hrs before Watford game.

in addition ( & i don't know for certain its correct), but if they travel back to the UK 1st, then they cannot play in Spain on Wednesday due to covid restrictions (Brazil, Uk, Spain)?? that could be old news or just a journo making up crap; but thats what i read last week.

Ahhh cheers- ya now that you say it, I think I did read something about how if they go back to uk first they couldn’t go to Spain. Tbh that made no sense to me, but as I have my own travel restriction issues to worry about, I didn’t bother digging deeper into it, haha.

It really is frustrating though.. in cases like this the club shouldn’t have to release players. Even allow them to play in Brazil’s other games, but miss that last one and fly back on time.. If we drop points in this game, will be a tough pill to swallow.
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 07:54 PM   #19
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post


It shouldn’t have been up to watford and it shouldn’t have been up to Liverpool to request it........
In.a.nutshell
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 04:43 PM   #20
Irishnev
Paisley
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,513
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 13-10-21, 10:41 PM   #21
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 10:49 PM   #22
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,451
la liga have traditionally given their teams as good a chance as possible of progressing in european competition......

Fuckin no-brainer
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-21, 10:57 PM   #23
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
This is more about the integrity of their own competition though.
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 06:43 AM   #24
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 38,584
Smart move that is, both be nice and fresh for the champs league games.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 08:45 AM   #25
Tribute
Shankly
 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,276
Let's face it, whichever starting 11 we put out should be enough to smash these with or without the new manager bounce that Ranieri will bring.

It's an opportunity for those who don't play as often to have a real impact... saying that if Millie and Hendo start in midfield I think we're the midfield will struggle again...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 11:19 AM   #26
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
Ffs

__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 11:20 AM   #27
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 11:27 AM   #28
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,560
It really pisses me off when players don't train fully but the international sides pick them anyway. It just seems to be a a big fuck you to the clubs, we've had it countless times over the years
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 11:31 AM   #29
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 132,062
Fucking sick of it
__________________
That were absolute diabolical
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 12:24 PM   #30
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,472
Here here to that. I don’t know how they mange to break so many players over & over again
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 12:37 PM   #31
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Here here to that. I don’t know how they mange to break so many players over & over again
Playing them while they’re not fit appears to be big part of it.
__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 09:33 PM   #32
labourRed
Paisley
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 10,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Here here to that. I don’t know how they mange to break so many players over & over again
Different training etc. And also less care because their squads are literally a country's worth.

I doubt it but I do wonder if clubs have mooted incentivising players to sack off international football. A majority of players almost prefer international football, from an outsider's perspective anyway.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 10:04 PM   #33
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 45,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Different training etc. And also less care because their squads are literally a country's worth.

I doubt it but I do wonder if clubs have mooted incentivising players to sack off international football. A majority of players almost prefer international football, from an outsider's perspective anyway.
I don't think the issue is with them having more players the issue is that they don't give a shit about club football. They want that player available for their games, if they have two games a month and a player picks up a knock in the first one they will often play them in the second because they have nothing to lose, the next international match at least a month away, if the player is out for two weeks because you pushed him too hard it doesn't affect them, it's the club who suffer.

Clubs will often be more cautious because often they are playing 2 games a week and it doesn't make sense to risk a player for one game if it likely means he'll likely miss 3 or 4.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 10:07 PM   #34
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 34,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Here here to that. I don’t know how they mange to break so many players over & over again
It's because Southgate doesn't have to consider 70 games in 9 months and what condition Jones is next weekend
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 12:46 AM   #35
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22,949
Can we even string a midfield together...
__________________
removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 11:36 AM   #36
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Playing them while they’re not fit appears to be big part of it.
No common sense at all hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Different training etc. And also less care because their squads are literally a country's worth.

I doubt it but I do wonder if clubs have mooted incentivising players to sack off international football. A majority of players almost prefer international football, from an outsider's perspective anyway.
Possibly not having the best ppl involved doing the training? Not paying enough money to get the best ppl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
It's because Southgate doesn't have to consider 70 games in 9 months and what condition Jones is next weekend
Yeah true that.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 03:01 PM   #37
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,840
Tricky away game even with our first choice keeper and midfielder. Without them it's in the balance. A powerful and quick team with the new manager bounce. I'd settle for a draw if offered.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 09:57 PM   #38
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I'd settle for a draw if offered.
Wow, really?
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 11:31 AM   #39
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 47,664
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 11:36 AM   #40
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,035
Is the best team we could put out today so no complaints with the starting XI.

Was not expecting Keita to start so that is a bonus.

Having Jota fit enough to be available from the bench is nice too.
__________________
I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.