It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 19-09-21, 06:12 PM   #201
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Chelsea play City next. Then City play us and Chelsea play Southampton.

Big few weeks for City.

I've been to 5 of the last 7 City games at Anfield. We have won 5 times with me there, lost and drew the two I missed.

I'm in Liverpool that weekend. If this was any sort of proper forum, you would work together to get me a ticket.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 19-09-21, 06:37 PM   #202
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Really hope you’re right- another narrative is that they’re going through a bad spell atm, but are still racking up the points and keeping up with the rest… a good spell may come!

This time last season they were going through a similar poor spell but were dropping points most weeks, and caught up afterwards.
It's about sustaining form. If you're using up "fighting spirit" now, what will happen when busy Xmas schedule comes round? There will be nothing left in the tank. They don't have a world class defence or midfield to call upon to see them through.

Last season they had something like 14 penalties awarded, most of which were turned down for any other team. They aren't getting them this season as witnessed even today.

Last edited by BigChief; 19-09-21 at 06:40 PM.
BigChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-21, 09:02 PM   #203
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
I've been to 5 of the last 7 City games at Anfield. We have won 5 times with me there, lost and drew the two I missed.

I'm in Liverpool that weekend. If this was any sort of proper forum, you would work together to get me a ticket.
Absolutely shameless begging
Old 19-09-21, 10:35 PM   #204
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post

My mate works for LFC, i will see if we can get you chained to a steel support beam under the Anny road end to keep you there forever. Happy to help

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-21, 12:25 AM   #205
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
My mate works for LFC, i will see if we can get you chained to a steel support beam under the Anny road end to keep you there forever. Happy to help
Old 20-09-21, 06:15 AM   #206
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Cheers. Just not too close to the away section.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-21, 06:57 AM   #207
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Watford away without Allison or Fabinho isn't an exciting prospect. Looks like Brazil are calling up 8 English based players in October.
Old 25-09-21, 08:09 AM   #208
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Watford away without Allison or Fabinho isn't an exciting prospect. Looks like Brazil are calling up 8 English based players in October.
Nice to see the authorities (FIFA, The FA/PL) working hard to find a solution or at least mediate between the clubs and national sides in an attempt to avoid another shit show like the one of a couple of weeks ago
Old 02-10-21, 07:35 AM   #209
Exiled_red
Paisley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58753489

Quote:
Premier League players can travel to red-list nations for internationals if fully vaccinated

Premier League players will be allowed to travel to red-list nations to represent their countries in this month's World Cup qualifiers - but only if they are fully vaccinated.

Players must adhere to a strict code of conduct regarding transport, close contacts, testing and bubbles.

They will have to quarantine in "bespoke facilities" for 10 days upon their arrival back in the UK.

They will be permitted to leave quarantine once a day to train or play.

"We have worked closely with football authorities to achieve an outcome that balances the interests of both club and country while maintaining the highest levels of public health and safety," said a government spokesperson.

"Our best defence against the virus is vaccination and these new measures will allow fully vaccinated players to fulfil their international duties in the safest, most practical way possible, while allowing them to train and play with their clubs as early as possible upon their return."

The UK government has relaxed Covid-19 regulations after the problems it caused during the September international break.

On that occasion, the Premier League decided not to release players, prompting a clash with football's world governing body Fifa, which had demanded individuals be allowed to travel and play.

Aston Villa and Tottenham did allow their Argentina internationals to represent their country for their World Cup qualifiers in South America.

However, it led to farcical scenes at the Brazil v Argentina game in Sao Paulo where the match was abandoned after five minutes when Brazilian health officials came on to the pitch to stop play, saying Argentina's four England-based players had to quarantine.

They returned via Croatia to avoid having to quarantine when arriving back in the UK.

In addition, eight Nigeria internationals based in the UK missed their country's second September World Cup qualifier in Cape Verde, while other UK-based African players could also not report for international duty.

Argentina and Brazil had already named Premier League players in their squads for October's qualifiers before the relaxation of the UK's quarantine rules for footballers.

Since Friday, Argentine nationals do not need to quarantine after arrival in the country from overseas, if they are vaccinated and test negative for Covid.

The Brazilian football federation, meanwhile, will have to reach a separate agreement with the country's health authority to exempt England-based players from quarantine on their arrival.

Currently, anyone travelling to Brazil from the UK must quarantine for 14 days when they arrive in the country.

'It's not a real solution' - Klopp
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has criticised the new UK plan, saying it is not "properly thought through".

"It's 10 days' quarantine, allowed to play the games, allowed to go to work, not allowed to live at home but don't need to live in a hotel chosen by any authorities and you can choose it yourself. Food has to be delivered in front of your room door. You're not allowed any visitors," he said.

"That would mean for the players after the international break that they go for 10-12 days with their national teams and then they go another 10 days into quarantine away from their families. That's 22 days and two weeks later there is the next international break.

"It doesn't sound to me like a real solution."

He added: "I don't expect the Government to be 100 per cent concerned about the Premier League situation, about the needs of specific players. But the Premier League has to fight for our players. That's not the situation now."
Klopp's spot on
Old 02-10-21, 08:20 AM   #210
Fivex
The Wisp

Just get our players retired from international duty if they’re gonna keep trying to shaft them. Brazil have enough players to choose from who live on their own continent.

Once this has blown over the players can come out of international retirement if they want, and it’d be up to Brazil if they want to recall their better players.

Edit, not exclusively a Brazil thing I realise.. same applies to all players. Should just fuck off internationals imo.

Last edited by Fivex; 02-10-21 at 08:22 AM.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 09:50 AM   #211
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Just get our players retired from international duty if theyíre gonna keep trying to shaft them. Brazil have enough players to choose from who live on their own continent.

Once this has blown over the players can come out of international retirement if they want, and itíd be up to Brazil if they want to recall their better players.

Edit, not exclusively a Brazil thing I realise.. same applies to all players. Should just fuck off internationals imo.
I hate international football and would be more than happy for our players to sack it off unfortunately that's not going to happen, with the South American players in particular
Old 02-10-21, 12:10 PM   #212
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I hate international football and would be more than happy for our players to sack it off unfortunately that's not going to happen, with the South American players in particular
Yeah the amount of injuries our players have picked up on ID is ridiculous & id be happy if they binned them off too but never going to happen unfortunately
Old 02-10-21, 03:22 PM   #213
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post

It's totally unnecessary
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 03:59 PM   #214
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

We canít force our players to retire from international football. Itís their choice, not Liverpoolís. Itís a bit of a shame that national and club associations canít organise a schedule which takes care of the players really. Whether itís too many cup or champions league games on top of league football, thereís also the small matter of international competitions.
Old 02-10-21, 04:04 PM   #215
baitman
Daddy day care

They returned via Croatia to avoid having to quarantine when arriving back in the UK.

What a crock of shite

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 04:56 PM   #216
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
We canít force our players to retire from international football. Itís their choice, not Liverpoolís. Itís a bit of a shame that national and club associations canít organise a schedule which takes care of the players really. Whether itís too many cup or champions league games on top of league football, thereís also the small matter of international competitions.
And who would be surprised if the moved the WC to every 2 years and we ended up with an international tournament every summer, giving the players no chance of a break
Old 02-10-21, 10:36 PM   #217
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 10:58 PM   #218
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

This just makes me think, who is the one player who refused it
Old 02-10-21, 11:04 PM   #219
Pepe79
Shankly

Hopefully itís Divock, or Karius or just someone whoís in zero danger of an international call up
Old 02-10-21, 11:41 PM   #220
Scratch
If you fail once....

Elliott, cos his age range got the call the last, so he might have just had one jab so far?
Old 03-10-21, 08:54 AM   #221
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

So if our players weren't jabbed we wouldn't have to release them for internationals in red list countries. As it stands all our players are available now?

I bet Utd or City have low jab rates.
Old 03-10-21, 09:51 AM   #222
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
So if our players weren't jabbed we wouldn't have to release them for internationals in red list countries. As it stands all our players are available now?

I bet Utd or City have low jab rates.
Fifa and the international federations will expect them to be released either way.

Brazil announced their squad a week ago. Players from Liverpool, City and Utd are all included.
Old 06-10-21, 08:23 AM   #223
Exiled_red
Paisley

I came across this, not sure how much of this is true and how much is speculation but I thought I would repost it anyway. Regardless it looks like the International break will be another shitshow.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/1...letico-madrid/
Quote:
Why Alisson and Fabinho are likely to miss Watford AND Atletico Madrid

Alisson and Fabinho are both exempt from the UK’s usual protocol for re-entry from red-listed countries, but they are still set to miss the next two games for Liverpool.

Among the 14 first-team players on international duty this month, Alisson and Fabinho will join the Brazil squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Venezuela, Colombia and Uruguay.

After the farce of the September break, which saw the Brazilian FA attempt to invoke a five-day ban for players who were blocked call-ups, provisions have been made by the UK government.

But despite exemption rules coming into place for footballers returning from countries on the red list for travel, Alisson and Fabinho are still due to miss at least one game for Liverpool.

So why could the Reds be without their No. 1 and No. 3 against both Watford and Atletico Madrid?

What has changed since last month?
Put simply, the UK government have allowed exemptions for footballers returning from red-listed countries, which allows them to leave their mandatory 10-day isolation once a day to train or play.

Under previous rules, players would have been required to isolate for 10 days in a designated hotel, unable to train and without the nutrition they require as elite athletes.

So in theory, those returning from duty will be able to play as normal while in quarantine.

Why would they miss the Watford game if they are exempt?
Brazil vs. Uruguay takes place in Manaus on Friday, October 15, kicking off at 1.30am UK time.

With Liverpool travelling to Vicarage Road for a 12.30pm kickoff the following day, there are less than 36 hours between the two games, meaning the turnaround is almost certainly too tight.

So what about the Atletico Madrid game?
Within the rules of exemption, Alisson and Fabinho would be back and able to play by October 19, when Liverpool take on Atletico Madrid.

However, with the Champions League clash an away game, it is highly unlikely they would be permitted to leave quarantine to travel and play in Madrid.

Is there another solution?
There are a number of possibilities, though not all of them are likely:

1. Brazil could agree to release Alisson and Fabinho before the Uruguay game This solves the issue, but would set a dangerous precedent with 16 European clubs affected by the late kickoff.
2. Alisson and Fabinho could fly directly to Spain from Brazil This would allow them to play Atletico, before then beginning quarantine on their return to the UK.
3. They could fly straight to Watford after full-time against Uruguay The least likely solution, with Jurgen Klopp reluctant to select players on such a tight turnaround.

Who can replace them for Liverpool?
Caoimhin Kelleher is a capable stand-in for Alisson, and has already kept clean sheets in both the Premier League and Champions League.

Replacing Fabinho may be more difficult.

Klopp will be hoping Trent Alexander-Arnold and Thiago will both be back fit after the break, with James Milner then providing another midfield option.

When will they be back?
As it stands, Alisson and Fabinho will be back in contention for the trip to Man United on October 24.

However, this would still come in less-than-ideal circumstances, as they would be in quarantine until the following day.

Will this happen again next month?
Apparently, no.

Reports claim that the government plans to remove Brazil and a number of other countries from the red list in time for the October half-term break, which falls near the end of the month.

If that is the case, Alisson, Fabinho and Roberto Firmino would be free to represent their country during the November international break without the need for quarantine upon their return.

Brazil are scheduled to play Colombia (November 11) and Argentina (November 16) in two World Cup qualifiers next month.
Old 06-10-21, 10:04 AM   #224
spud_gun
Paisley

FFS

What a shit show
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 10:13 AM   #225
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Internstional football is a massive load of bollocks
Old 06-10-21, 02:06 PM   #226
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Internstional football is a massive load of bollocks
This
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 02:28 PM   #227
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Maybe there’s some privilege going on. We live in a country with a high quality league system full or world class players and can support our team in some of the worlds most prestigious tournaments. If you’re in a country with a farmers league then your national team competing with other national sides is likely your only chance to cheer for a side in a high level game. The continental and world cups are really the only competitions that you can get excited by with some skin in the game. It’s understandable that such people have different perspective on the relative significance of club vs international football and that we have a very elitist and even imperialist view of the sport. But I agree, it’s shit.
Old 06-10-21, 02:45 PM   #228
Pepe79
Shankly

Personally I’ve no problem with International football itself. It’s the desperate lack of cohesion between it and club football that I can’t stand. And the fact that the governance of each constantly want to add more and more fixtures to their respective calendars. Instead of fixing the problem, they just want to make it worse.
Old 06-10-21, 05:21 PM   #229
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Maybe thereís some privilege going on. We live in a country with a high quality league system full or world class players and can support our team in some of the worlds most prestigious tournaments. If youíre in a country with a farmers league then your national team competing with other national sides is likely your only chance to cheer for a side in a high level game. The continental and world cups are really the only competitions that you can get excited by with some skin in the game. Itís understandable that such people have different perspective on the relative significance of club vs international football and that we have a very elitist and even imperialist view of the sport. But I agree, itís shit.

What if you live in Ireland, where we have a farmers league, but the national team is also shite?
Old 06-10-21, 05:43 PM   #230
BG1973
Fagan

Emigrate.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 05:49 PM   #231
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Maybe thereís some privilege going on. We live in a country with a high quality league system full or world class players and can support our team in some of the worlds most prestigious tournaments. If youíre in a country with a farmers league then your national team competing with other national sides is likely your only chance to cheer for a side in a high level game. The continental and world cups are really the only competitions that you can get excited by with some skin in the game. Itís understandable that such people have different perspective on the relative significance of club vs international football and that we have a very elitist and even imperialist view of the sport. But I agree, itís shit.
Nah, it's all bollocks and FIFA's way to justify themselves and make lots of money for themselves personally.

How about amateurs playing the international game instead of professionals? At the moment I despise most of the England side but if it was full of Stalybridge Celtic and Woking players then I'd have no problem supporting them. If FiFA was a non-profit making establishment that divided any income between the poorest nations then this would be nice too. If the men in charge were unable to earn, or profiteer, from it's existence then I'm all good with international football
Old 06-10-21, 05:50 PM   #232
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

But none of that would ever happen so they can fuck right off
Old 07-10-21, 10:49 AM   #233
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Personally Iíve no problem with International football itself. Itís the desperate lack of cohesion between it and club football that I canít stand. And the fact that the governance of each constantly want to add more and more fixtures to their respective calendars. Instead of fixing the problem, they just want to make it worse.
Playing a game that close to the weekends scheduled fixtures is just absurd. The South Americans and African teams seem the worst. Players are always coming in late from those nations.

Fabinho and Allison don't even fucking play either, to top it off. They'll just be sitting on the bench while Jaws and Casimiro start.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 12:35 PM   #234
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Playing a game that close to the weekends scheduled fixtures is just absurd. The South Americans and African teams seem the worst. Players are always coming in late from those nations.

Fabinho and Allison don't even fucking play either, to top it off. They'll just be sitting on the bench while Jaws and Casimiro start.
Old 07-10-21, 12:48 PM   #235
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

So true

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC