It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 28-09-21, 12:14 PM   #9121
red g
Paisley

Was having a chat about boxing at work and one of the lads who worked for me, Casually mentioned his mate did that Bare knucke and to check him out on Youtube.

These lads must be hard as nails!

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 12:16 PM   #9122
spud_gun
Paisley

We should start a separate thread for freakshow fights, bare knuckle nonsense and the youtube pish.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 10:08 AM   #9123
spud_gun
Paisley

Manny Pacquiao announces his retirement.

What a fighter.

Morales Trilogy, JMM Quadrilogy, The run at welterweight

Literally two or three careers in one.

The end may have been slightly unedifying as it generally is in boxing but lets take nothing away from one of the best to ever lace them up.
Old 29-09-21, 11:12 AM   #9124
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

The Marquez fights will live long in the memory. About as good as it gets.

What a fighter. Just wish he'd got it on with Mayweather at their peaks.
Old 29-09-21, 11:17 AM   #9125
labourRed
Paisley

Agree to both, never seemed to shirk a fight or take a backward step. If everyone in boxing was like him, it'd be a tremendous sport.

Peak Manny was about as exciting as it gets.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 11:37 AM   #9126
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The Marquez fights will live long in the memory. About as good as it gets.

What a fighter. Just wish he'd got it on with Mayweather at their peaks.

Would have happened if he had not kept refusing to have drug testing for certain enhancing substances as part of the terms of the fight.

In ring Pacquiao is an all time great that would have been comfortable in any era. He had a bit of everything to him, and what is most impressive about him, for me anyway, is how he was able to hang with, and usually beat, proper bangers right at the tail end of his career. The guy should have been out to pasture a long time at that stage if you go by age alone but was getting into the ring with much younger guys, for the most part, and they were guys who were bloody good finishers.

His destruction of Hatton was very impressive too. Made it look like he was beating a rank amatuer that night.

Very good at getting revenge for a loss too. He would get beaten, usually in a narrow enough fashion, and then have figured out the guys who beat him so much that he would beat the guys by a distance (or early) in a rematch if not two rematches.

Out of the ring he is a opportunistic homophobic piece of shit in my eyes though. His views on gay people were and are disgusting and he twisted so much on the topic to try and defend his views. Then put it on his religion as to why he was against gays, the same religion he dropped on a whim when he was able to make more money through switching to another religion. Does not change the fact that in ring he was a genuine top tier fighter at a number of weights and over a really long period of time.
Old 29-09-21, 12:46 PM   #9127
fidget
Shankly

HGH gave him a giant bobble head conspiracies aside lol his rapid move up in weight without losing any speed or output at over thirty years old combined with ducking tests certainly smacks of PED use.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 09:24 PM   #9128
rodo
Shankly

Old 30-09-21, 01:56 PM   #9129
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

I honestly don't think Wilder has any idea how to deal with Fury's personality
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-21, 03:36 PM   #9130
red g
Paisley

Carl Froch enjoying being retired

Old 01-10-21, 09:18 AM   #9131
spud_gun
Paisley

In a shock to absolutely no one a report published yesterday concluded that the fixing of fights took place in the 2016 Olympics.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...mclaren-report

A damning investigation into boxing at the Rio 2016 Olympics has found widespread evidence of corruption, bribery and the manipulation of sporting results with judges giving each other signals at ringside to fix bouts.

The report by Prof Richard McLaren, who exposed state sponsored doping in Russia, said that the seeds of the corruption had been sown in the years beforehand, with bouts before and during London 2012 also under suspicion.
Old 01-10-21, 09:20 AM   #9132
RichC
Meh

I remember the Michael Conlan fight thinking how on earth was he not the winner.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 08:05 PM   #9133
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

This is brilliant.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 08:36 PM   #9134
spud_gun
Paisley

eye popping
Old 09-10-21, 05:43 PM   #9135
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Chaos and Disorder when these two meet
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 07:00 PM   #9136
spud_gun
Paisley

Old 09-10-21, 09:05 PM   #9137
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Evening lads.

Anyone have a non IPTV working link for the Fury fight? Know its a long shot but hoping someone has one
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 03:51 AM   #9138
red g
Paisley

Old 10-10-21, 05:39 AM   #9139
RichC
Meh

Bomb squad indeed !

What a fucking fight
Old 10-10-21, 05:45 AM   #9140
RichC
Meh

The US commentary was awful but that was a great watch.

Hard to see anyone in the heavyweight division beating Fury
Old 10-10-21, 05:47 AM   #9141
spud_gun
Paisley

4th round apart that was a sustained mauling and beating.

Wilder looked out on his feet very early on

That version of Fury is a world away from the Fury of the first fight.

He'd zero respect for Wilder. Ran straight through him.

I hope we see the feinting and dancing Fury back soon.
Old 10-10-21, 05:51 AM   #9142
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

Yup. Showed him no respect which let him get caught a few times.

Listening to Max Kellehman talking through the fight it was an even fight

Impressed with Furys power tonight
Old 10-10-21, 05:52 AM   #9143
labourRed
Paisley

Very impressive. The boxing, less so the singing.
Old 10-10-21, 11:01 AM   #9144
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Joshua should retire because both Fury and Wilder would destroy him...And Fury is amazing total respect to the Champion

Last edited by Bender; 10-10-21 at 11:07 AM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 02:55 PM   #9145
fabinho
Benitez

What a fight that was! 3-0 for me to Fury.
Old 10-10-21, 04:08 PM   #9146
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:

I definitely think he would fight a different fight against AJ. I don't think it was vintage Fury last night. He was taking unnecessary risks by constantly walking down Wilder and abandoning his jab. When he started to judge the distance and got behind his jab he was better but all too often he was trying to take it to Wilder and got complacent.

Having said all of this, we have to remember he hasn't fought for 20 months so was bound to be rusty. I also don't think he was in great shape either (came in too heavy). He hadn't had a full training camp having had to to cut it short due to his new born child being in ICU.

Overall despite looking sluggish, he was able to grind it out and came out on top. I expect a much better performance and him to be in better condition in his next fight.
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 12:21 AM   #9147
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus50bucks View Post
I definitely think he would fight a different fight against AJ. I don't think it was vintage Fury last night. He was taking unnecessary risks by constantly walking down Wilder and abandoning his jab. When he started to judge the distance and got behind his jab he was better but all too often he was trying to take it to Wilder and got complacent.

Having said all of this, we have to remember he hasn't fought for 20 months so was bound to be rusty. I also don't think he was in great shape either (came in too heavy). He hadn't had a full training camp having had to to cut it short due to his new born child being in ICU.

Overall despite looking sluggish, he was able to grind it out and came out on top. I expect a much better performance and him to be in better condition in his next fight.

I agree he looked sluggish though I'm inclined to put that down to ring rust as opposed to being out of shape.

If you compare Wilder and Fury during the fight. Wilder was blowing out his arse from the 4th onwards. Fury on the other hand was trucking away without any obvious tiredness in the 11th. For a big lad he has remarkable stamina and conditioning.

Wilder on the other hand piled on a couple of stone for this fight and it showed early.
Old 11-10-21, 09:11 AM   #9148
fidget
Shankly

Quote:

Wilder on the other hand piled on a couple of stone for this fight and it showed early.
He put on 7lb from the last fight Fury put on 5lb
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 09:49 AM   #9149
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
He put on 7lb from the last fight Fury put on 5lb
Apols

I meant Wilder piled on a couple of stone from when he was knocking cans out for fun.

He was 2 stone heavier than the first fight.

215 seemed to be his optimum weight
Old 11-10-21, 10:41 AM   #9150
Deano
Shankly

Its believed Wilder didn't put in the hard yards again, very little running, rope or even bag work. He had chicken legs out there.
Sacking his coach didn't change a thing, the same mistakes in the second fight cost him again.
Fury was hit and miss in the first 5 rounds, but from 6 onwards bossed it.

He won't avoid Usyk but apart from a no belt Joshua fight I can't see where Fury goes to next ?
Old 13-10-21, 03:37 PM   #9151
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
The US commentary was awful but that was a great watch.

Hard to see anyone in the heavyweight division beating Fury

Managed to find a copy of the fight with American comms.

I quite enjoyed Lennox 'ohhhhs' and 'ahhhhhs' every time a punch landed.

You're right. What a fucking fight. Tyson 'Big Manned' Wilder to fuck. Glorious stuff
Old 13-10-21, 06:04 PM   #9152
RichC
Meh

Amazing fight, fuck knows what they think they were watching though!

I don't think that was close to being the best version of Fury either, I do think that's everything Wilder has though.

Impressed by the power that Fury seems to have developed and his ability to get up from a knock down and switch back on is so impressive.
Old 13-10-21, 11:22 PM   #9153
Scratch
If you fail once....

How long after the fight is it before they show a replay on Sky? I've not seen it yet, just read the reports.
Old 14-10-21, 08:56 AM   #9154
RichC
Meh

It’ll be BT sport but maybe this weekend.
Old 14-10-21, 10:12 PM   #9155
Scratch
If you fail once....

Explained why I couldn't find it then, i was searching ahead on Sky...thanks Rich, it was on BT this evening, so I've got it recorded.
Old 15-10-21, 08:04 AM   #9156
labourRed
Paisley

I watched the second fight last night. I don't think I saw it before.

Amazing how skinny Wilder's legs are - same width as the the ring ropes basically. Almost sure I squat more than he does.
Old 15-10-21, 08:11 AM   #9157
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Finally watched Wilder v Fury III. Amazing fight, absolutely no holding back from either of them. Fury was sensational and never seemed to tire. My god he can take a punch too. Wilder looked gassed halfway through but he showed great heart to continue.

I'd like to see Wilder face Joshua. I think Wilder would knock him out but it would be an interesting one.

Can't see anyone challenging Fury before he retires, he's too good.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 11:02 AM   #9158
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Finally watched Wilder v Fury III. Amazing fight, absolutely no holding back from either of them. Fury was sensational and never seemed to tire. My god he can take a punch too. Wilder looked gassed halfway through but he showed great heart to continue.

I'd like to see Wilder face Joshua. I think Wilder would knock him out but it would be an interesting one.

Can't see anyone challenging Fury before he retires, he's too good.

Wilder is a one trick pony and that one trick might not be coming back as his right hand is injured and in need of surgery.

I am struggling to think of a worse heavyweight (in terms of boxing ability, use of the basics and so on) that has gotten as much hype as him.

His record is totally padded with bums. The best fighter he fought is Fury and he was stopped twice by Fury. The next closest thing to a good fighter on his record is an over the hill Ortiz.

Thought he was awful against Fury. Never seen a fighter that gets called "top level" try to follow another fighter around the ring with a left arm just suck out and the right arm just cocked for four, or five seconds at a time and throwing nothing. Looked like a guy who just stepped into the ring off of the street.

All he has, or maybe had, is a big right punch. And as shown that is not worth a fuck if it does not put the other guy to sleep because he has literally nothing else in the locker.

A few here and on other sites have commented on his legs. That just screams of a fighter that does not put the work in. Have a feeling he does fuck all roadwork, that he will do a lot of upper body work both in the gym and in sparring and that his sparring consists of him hitting people and never lerning how to work angles or how to handle others working angles against him. He sure as hell never learned how to jab properly, how to hold a guard in an effective, how to use foot work to get into the dominant position etc etc. His ring awareness is just so so bad as well. He spent half the fight looking like he was trying to find a way to let Fury's right hand connect with his face. A more composed Fury would, and maybe still should imo, have taken Wilder out earlier.

For my money Joshua beats Wilder and beats him within six or seven rounds, that is not any great endorsement of Joshua, just is me saying Wilder is dogshit and would be picked off by Joshua's robotic style.

Would also fancy an inshape Whyte to spark Wilder. That would be the one that would be a fun fight to watch though.

As for there being no challenges for Fury, there may be a lot of truth to that as the division is almost devoid of proper talent, however I think Usyk would beat Fury maybe once if they had a trilogy like Fury had with Wilder.

My gut tells me that Fury should beat Usyk in a once off fight but not the Fury that fought Wilder. That version of Fury gets picked apart by a fighter with Uysk's skillset, but then again Fury would almost certainly not fight that way against Uysk. Not a chance he is that loose and careless against Usyk. He did not fear nor respect Wilder so was loose against him, not a chance he would have that mindset against Usyk especially if Usyk is still a belt holder come Autumn 2022.

Fury/Usyk is a 60/40 or maybe a 55/45 fight at a push for me right now. Might get closer to being a 50/50 if Usyk beats Joshua again and gets more rounds at heavyweight under his belt in the process.

Think the rest of the division is lucky that Usyk does not have the power and size of someone like Vitali (the far more dangerous of the brothers) to go with his obvious skills.

My gut also is saying that if Usyk beats Joshua next year and Fury is available that Fury will swerve him. Usyk may be too much of a wildcard to take a risk against. Also have a feeling that Fury may drop one or all of his belts other than the Ring belt. Whyte (assuming he wins his upcoming fight) versus Fury would be interesting (still would strongly favour Fury to win that though, and by a very clear points margin) but think it will not happen and Fury will ditch a belt rather than make the fight or pull out with an "illness" at the last minute.
Old 15-10-21, 11:51 AM   #9159
red g
Paisley

Thanks Jaco, Always interested to read your opinions on Boxing, If he swerved Whyte like you think he may, Who would he fight?

Old 15-10-21, 12:34 PM   #9160
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
Thanks Jaco, Always interested to read your opinions on Boxing, If he swerved Whyte like you think he may, Who would he fight?

Personally I would not be shocked to see some manufactured clamour leading to a "need" for a fourth fight with Wilder.

Maybe not for his next fight, but the one after that.

For his next fight (if he drops belts to avoid having to take any mandatories and he has form for this) I would not be surprised to see him go after a big lump like Zhang (has a Joshua link that could be played up upon in the media) or go back to trying to set up a fight with Kabayel. Could see guys like Takam in the mix if he want a local "name" that he should beat handily. Part of me wonders if he would try for Joe Joyce as I think he beats Joyce but could paint Joyce in the build up as some massive threat.

I suspect Kabayel will be one of the names highest on the list if he says no to taken on a mandatory challenger like Whyte (if Whyte beats Wallin and Wallin is nothing special or even on the level of being fairly decent) .

est1892 > General > General Sports