It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-11, 06:46 PM   #41
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
I love it when two lunatics agree with each other. I dont know which of the pair should cringe more.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-01-11, 07:42 PM   #42
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
I love it when two lunatics agree with each other. I dont know which of the pair should cringe more.
Whatever
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 07:48 PM   #43
The Birdman
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,690
I thought someone previously posted stats to prove we won more games when Gerrard didn't play???
__________________
The King was back for a short while. Long live The King.
The Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 07:51 PM   #44
Fivex
The Wisp
 
Fivex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 21,413
Didn't we also have an unbeaten streak for the first 20 odd games that Ngog appeared in?
__________________
Hello mert.
Fivex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 09:53 PM   #45
Helios Creed
Est's Streaker
 
Helios Creed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
We need a leader of the defence, at the moment Carragher is the only one we have, Skrtel and Kyriakos aren't good enough, Agger I'm unsure about he seems to have a more calming influence on the defence than either of the other two, the problem is he doesn't seem to get a run of enough games to find out.

The last few games has caused me to think that a commanding centre back has to be high on the list of priorities
/\

that
Helios Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 10:40 PM   #46
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
Agger is a very good leader of Denmark national team defence. Just give him the chance to show it.

He doesn't take any shit, not even from Carra as we have seen a few times when Carra as usual tried to blame someone else when he himself made the mistake.
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 10:57 PM   #47
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion
 
RedReet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 22,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
Agger is a very good leader of Denmark national team defence. Just give him the chance to show it.

He doesn't take any shit, not even from Carra as we have seen a few times when Carra as usual tried to blame someone else when he himself made the mistake.
We've already got one manager on the bench, no need for another.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 11:08 PM   #48
Robbie-fowler999
Houllier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
Agger is a very good leader of Denmark national team defence. Just give him the chance to show it.

He doesn't take any shit, not even from Carra as we have seen a few times when Carra as usual tried to blame someone else when he himself made the mistake.
what the fuck is your problem? every fucking post you write you talk like Carra and Gerrard are the Judas and George bush.

its ironic how you say that about that Carragher while You blame everyone except Rafa.

You've got a real issue mate
Robbie-fowler999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 11:41 PM   #49
mattydalton
Evans
 
mattydalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
There's no doubt Carra is missed big time. Yesterday, and against Blackpool, there were periods of "defending" that reminded me a little of games in the school playground. Interestingly, it was only in the second half yesterday, when Agger had left the pitch, so I am thinking that Kyrgiakos and Skrtel are the culprits. They'll fight and fight, but they haven't got a brain cell between them. Without someone with a bit more of a football brain next to them, they look badly exposed.
mattydalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:10 AM   #50
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-fowler999 View Post
what the fuck is your problem? every fucking post you write you talk like Carra and Gerrard are the Judas and George bush.

its ironic how you say that about that Carragher while You blame everyone except Rafa.

You've got a real issue mate
Both Arn and Gorby have these issues. I asked Gorby genuinely, what Carra had done wrong, on the Soccer Saturday thread - he didnt reply, unsurprisingly.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:20 AM   #51
Rudo
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
When's Carragher back?
2-3 weeks.
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:42 AM   #52
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
Both Arn and Gorby have these issues. I asked Gorby genuinely, what Carra had done wrong, on the Soccer Saturday thread - he didnt reply, unsurprisingly.
Whatever you say Craig, whatever you say
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:46 AM   #53
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
It is not a secret that I think Carra should be sold as soon as possible. I wonder what his team mates think about a player that pissed on the club in the way Carra did when he fixed his new contract?

Did he care about the club? No. Did he care about himself? Yes.

What an excellent leader........

Carra is one of the biggest egos at the club.
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:49 AM   #54
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
You cant actually answer the question of what he actually did though Arn, can you?

'pissed on the club with his new contract' - based on stuff you've read on the internet, yeah?

So you dont actually know, you're just going by what randoms online say.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:55 AM   #55
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
You cant actually answer the question of what he actually did though Arn, can you?

'pissed on the club with his new contract' - based on stuff you've read on the internet, yeah?

So you dont actually know, you're just going by what randoms online say.
90k/week contract that he never would have got if he hadn't signed that day. The owners aren't exactly happy about it to say the least. They have mentioned our contract situation many times.

I call that pissing on the club. If he had waited and checked what FSG wanted then it would have been a different situation. Now he and Purslow used the club big time.
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:57 AM   #56
CJ
Shadow Inanity Secretary
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,204
does every football thread have to consist of a certain person disagreeing with anyone, usually arn?

its a bit dull.

HELP
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:07 AM   #57
Joe Le Toff
Dalglish
 
Joe Le Toff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,048
For organizational skills alone Carra is being badly missed.

I dont believe we would have conceded the second goal against Blackpool if hed been playing as hed have made sure Johnson was goalside on Campbell and not in the middle of the penalty area when the ball came in.

All of his screaming and shouting during a game is essential for me, especially with lacklustre defenders like Johnson who consistently roam out of position.

Im not saying that we dont concede shit goals when he is playing, just that imo we concede less and the back four looks a far more cohesive unit.

For sure hes past his best but hes certainly got plenty to offer as we begin to rebuild the squad.
__________________
If you've lost your faith in love and music the end won't be long
Joe Le Toff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 12:35 PM   #58
Redspin
Not even the slightest bit grumpy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
I love it when two lunatics agree with each other. I dont know which of the pair should cringe more.
OK I give up. Apart from you who's the other one?
Redspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 03:23 PM   #59
Baracus
Roggy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudo View Post
2-3 weeks.


Finally something that is worth knowing. I hope it is not from Twitshite
Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 05:18 PM   #60
barnes10
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,093
despite arns obvious heartbreak and inability to move on from rafa, i personally do think carra has effectively screwed us over by putting himself before the club. I think him and gerrarrd basically clubbed together and used purslow as their puppet. and they've caused what we've seen on the pitch over the last 18 months. not trying to be controversial, just what I think.

i think him and stevie sulking their way through last season was the main difference between us finishing in the top 4 and 7th and rafa staying or going. They/purslow then dictated this summer's transfer disaster, managerial change even fucking tactics under roy (stevie in CM) and of course the tasty contract for JC.

I simply think there's no smoke without fire and in this case - the contract plus houllier and owen's quotes tell me that one or both of them were pushing for the changes we've seen.

great servants to the club in the past and some brilliant footballers but i think they've had way too much power and hope NESV deal with them properly.

simply because of what I believe has happened and that it could even have cost us no 19 under rafa - either last season or this, i dont want to see either of them at the club once they finish playing. thanks but close the door on your way out.

so i could be completely wide of the mark but nothing i've been able to find out has made me able to think of a scenario i believe more.
barnes10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 18-01-11, 06:19 PM   #61
JHP
Fagan
 
JHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes10 View Post
despite arns obvious heartbreak and inability to move on from rafa, i personally do think carra has effectively screwed us over by putting himself before the club. I think him and gerrarrd basically clubbed together and used purslow as their puppet. and they've caused what we've seen on the pitch over the last 18 months. not trying to be controversial, just what I think.

i think him and stevie sulking their way through last season was the main difference between us finishing in the top 4 and 7th and rafa staying or going. They/purslow then dictated this summer's transfer disaster, managerial change even fucking tactics under roy (stevie in CM) and of course the tasty contract for JC.

I simply think there's no smoke without fire and in this case - the contract plus houllier and owen's quotes tell me that one or both of them were pushing for the changes we've seen.

great servants to the club in the past and some brilliant footballers but i think they've had way too much power and hope NESV deal with them properly.

simply because of what I believe has happened and that it could even have cost us no 19 under rafa - either last season or this, i dont want to see either of them at the club once they finish playing. thanks but close the door on your way out.

so i could be completely wide of the mark but nothing i've been able to find out has made me able to think of a scenario i believe more.
Do you honestly believe they are to blame and that it isn't as a result of the shambles created by the previous owners/ lack of clear leadership?
JHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 06:44 PM   #62
Neil Young
Prosecco Socialist
 
Neil Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes10 View Post
despite arns obvious heartbreak and inability to move on from rafa, i personally do think carra has effectively screwed us over by putting himself before the club. I think him and gerrarrd basically clubbed together and used purslow as their puppet. and they've caused what we've seen on the pitch over the last 18 months. not trying to be controversial, just what I think.

i think him and stevie sulking their way through last season was the main difference between us finishing in the top 4 and 7th and rafa staying or going. They/purslow then dictated this summer's transfer disaster, managerial change even fucking tactics under roy (stevie in CM) and of course the tasty contract for JC.

I simply think there's no smoke without fire and in this case - the contract plus houllier and owen's quotes tell me that one or both of them were pushing for the changes we've seen.

great servants to the club in the past and some brilliant footballers but i think they've had way too much power and hope NESV deal with them properly.

simply because of what I believe has happened and that it could even have cost us no 19 under rafa - either last season or this, i dont want to see either of them at the club once they finish playing. thanks but close the door on your way out.

so i could be completely wide of the mark but nothing i've been able to find out has made me able to think of a scenario i believe more.
How about a smoke machine?

Seriously, I think there's a germ of truth in what you're saying but I do think you're taking a bit far. I'm sure Purslow wasn't a puppet for instance - it's far more likely to have been much more the other way round, even if that does also mean that Gerrard and Carragher got sweeteners to keep them onside.

To return to the smoke machine joke, in this case, the smoke machine is the internet - there is far too much gossip and speculation and wishful thinking and occasionally blind, unthinking reaction and far too little fact to go on.
__________________
.
Suppose you have a physicist and a sociologist standing at the side of a field, observing a set of events unfolding on the field. The physicist does [describes] it using the terminology of mass and velocity and frequency of radiation and the rest. And the sociologist does it by describing it as a rugby match.



May the Lord bless this post.
Neil Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 08:22 PM   #63
barnes10
Dalglish
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Young View Post
How about a smoke machine?

Seriously, I think there's a germ of truth in what you're saying but I do think you're taking a bit far. I'm sure Purslow wasn't a puppet for instance - it's far more likely to have been much more the other way round, even if that does also mean that Gerrard and Carragher got sweeteners to keep them onside.

To return to the smoke machine joke, in this case, the smoke machine is the internet - there is far too much gossip and speculation and wishful thinking and occasionally blind, unthinking reaction and far too little fact to go on.
Dont disagree with that - why i was saying its my belief/view on whats gone on. so sure i've extrapolated but its what makes sense to me.

the puppet thing i see as them whispering in his ear and for his own ego trip, he goes and acts like the fucker from shrek that montse says... so not literally a puppet - or cartoon character - but the executioner - hands that put into action the seeds that they've sown.

again just my view - extrapolated to paint a complete picture.

re the point above about 18 months on the pitch. sure the ownership had its impact - no funds returned from keane for instance certainly put the squad under extra pressure. the thing is tho, that in those circumstances, shouldnt the first team pull together more and not less? shouldnt the idolised local lads and leaders on and off the pitch rally the troops? to encourange and help get the best out of the team? to overcome differences and support a manager who, whilst he may be a bit cold - if you believe what you hear - is clearly the best option available to us at the time. anyway, as above this is just my view but they've put personal interests before the club and that leaves me struggling to respect them. admire their footballing achievements yes. but i hate what i think they've done to my club

Last edited by barnes10; 18-01-11 at 08:26 PM.
barnes10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:26 PM   #64
GorbyPeacePrize
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 341
You can't change multiple variables in a system and then claim as fact that a particular variable is responsible for results.

In the League - the most important competition - we had a negative goal difference with Carragher, and now, in the League - the most important competition - we have got a negative goal difference.
GorbyPeacePrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:29 PM   #65
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
Ah, so you're picking games that suit your argument.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:29 PM   #66
GorbyPeacePrize
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes10 View Post
despite arns obvious heartbreak and inability to move on from rafa, i personally do think carra has effectively screwed us over by putting himself before the club. I think him and gerrarrd basically clubbed together and used purslow as their puppet. and they've caused what we've seen on the pitch over the last 18 months. not trying to be controversial, just what I think.

i think him and stevie sulking their way through last season was the main difference between us finishing in the top 4 and 7th and rafa staying or going. They/purslow then dictated this summer's transfer disaster, managerial change even fucking tactics under roy (stevie in CM) and of course the tasty contract for JC.

I simply think there's no smoke without fire and in this case - the contract plus houllier and owen's quotes tell me that one or both of them were pushing for the changes we've seen.

great servants to the club in the past and some brilliant footballers but i think they've had way too much power and hope NESV deal with them properly.

simply because of what I believe has happened and that it could even have cost us no 19 under rafa - either last season or this, i dont want to see either of them at the club once they finish playing. thanks but close the door on your way out.

so i could be completely wide of the mark but nothing i've been able to find out has made me able to think of a scenario i believe more.


Only one quibble: Carragher has never ever been 'a brilliant footballer'.
GorbyPeacePrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:37 PM   #67
GorbyPeacePrize
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
Ah, so you're picking games that suit your argument.
I'm not padding it out with Euro shite.

One example, vs Napoli at home. We concede a goal due to Hoofy and Poulson fuck ups - Hoofy misses a challenge and ends up out of position, and Poluson directs the header to the Napoli player who steams in and scores, leaving us a goal down and looking generally shite. Long story short, Gerrard comes on and scores a hatrick - to which Hoofy made no material contribution, and we win 3 - 1. Yet this game gives Hoofy a nice +2 in the GD column. Fuck off!
GorbyPeacePrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:39 PM   #68
Neil Young
Prosecco Socialist
 
Neil Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes10 View Post
Dont disagree with that - why i was saying its my belief/view on whats gone on. so sure i've extrapolated but its what makes sense to me.

the puppet thing i see as them whispering in his ear and for his own ego trip, he goes and acts like the fucker from shrek that montse says... so not literally a puppet - or cartoon character - but the executioner - hands that put into action the seeds that they've sown.

again just my view - extrapolated to paint a complete picture.

re the point above about 18 months on the pitch. sure the ownership had its impact - no funds returned from keane for instance certainly put the squad under extra pressure. the thing is tho, that in those circumstances, shouldnt the first team pull together more and not less? shouldnt the idolised local lads and leaders on and off the pitch rally the troops? to encourange and help get the best out of the team? to overcome differences and support a manager who, whilst he may be a bit cold - if you believe what you hear - is clearly the best option available to us at the time. anyway, as above this is just my view but they've put personal interests before the club and that leaves me struggling to respect them. admire their footballing achievements yes. but i hate what i think they've done to my club
Sure, I wasn't suggesting you were claiming anything other than your opinion. And like I say, I think there's genuine cause to question Carragher's behaviour, and maybe Gerrard's too.

It's just my opinion your view goes too far and you're close to making accusations when, as you admit, it's just all based on your interpretation of stuff you've heard and read.

The baddies were Hicks and Gillett. Maybe Gerrard and Carragher and even Rafa aren't quite the goodies we'd have liked them to be. But I think these things go on all the time in all sorts of organisations, not just football clubs.

Like fish, the rot begins at the head.
__________________
.
Suppose you have a physicist and a sociologist standing at the side of a field, observing a set of events unfolding on the field. The physicist does [describes] it using the terminology of mass and velocity and frequency of radiation and the rest. And the sociologist does it by describing it as a rugby match.



May the Lord bless this post.
Neil Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:48 PM   #69
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorbyPeacePrize View Post
I'm not padding it out with Euro shite.

No, you're picking the games that suit your agenda.

Whereas, i'm just using all games, without manipulating anything.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:49 PM   #70
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
All we know is that this season would have been Carragher's last one with us if Rafa had stayed and his only chance to stay was to get rid of Rafa.

Carragher is a Liverpool legend but he proved once and for all that he puts himself before the club if he had to make a choice.

The Carragher Liverpool heart thing is just bullshit, he proved that when he signed his new deal the day before the takeover.

If he stays at the club after he finish playing then it is a disgrace simply because he don't deserve it. He can go on and play with his money instead. He loves them more than Liverpool FC.
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:50 PM   #71
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
We dont actually know anything about Carra 'getting rid' of rafa - more baseless Arn-type speculative bollocks.

As for the contract - cos you, in the same position, would've turned it down, yeah?
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:53 PM   #72
GorbyPeacePrize
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
All we know is that this season would have been Carragher's last one with us if Rafa had stayed and his only chance to stay was to get rid of Rafa.

Carragher is a Liverpool legend but he proved once and for all that he puts himself before the club if he had to make a choice.

The Carragher Liverpool heart thing is just bullshit, he proved that when he signed his new deal the day before the takeover.

If he stays at the club after he finish playing then it is a disgrace simply because he don't deserve it. He can go on and play with his money instead. He loves them more than Liverpool FC.


Although he's not a legend, just an average utility man that thrived for a short spell within a defensive set-up, next to some very good players that made him look a lot better than he actually was.
GorbyPeacePrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:58 PM   #73
GorbyPeacePrize
Hodgsoned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
No, you're picking the games that suit your agenda.

Whereas, i'm just using all games, without manipulating anything.
The example I gave demonstrated that your 'myth busting' is a sack of shite, and relied on another player to score a hatrick and undeservedly boost Hoofy's 'GD score'.
GorbyPeacePrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:58 PM   #74
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
We dont actually know anything about Carra 'getting rid' of rafa - more baseless Arn-type speculative bollocks.

As for the contract - cos you, in the same position, would've turned it down, yeah?
You still don't get it do you

He wasn't offered a new deal. Rafa didn't offer him a new deal. Rafa had the power to decide if Carra would stay or not. Purslow didn't had that power. Only after Rafa had gone then Purslow got the power to offer Carra a new deal.

If Rafa had stayed then it wouldn't been a contract offer to turn down.

The ONLY chance Carra had was to get rid of Rafa or else he would have been finished. That is one thing you never will understand or agree with.

You even defends the way he fixed his new contract and that is laughable to say the least. Even when he acts like a total egoistic idiot you defend him. When he piss all over the club you defend him. Totally laughable.

Carra is player that shouldn't play for us because the club and the manager didn't want him. Now he plays for us only because Purslow wanted him to do it.
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 10:59 PM   #75
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
You still don't get it do you

He wasn't offered a new deal. Rafa didn't offer him a new deal. Rafa had the power to decide if Carra would stay or not. Purslow didn't had that power. Only after Rafa had gone then Purslow got the power to offer Carra a new deal.

If Rafa had stayed then it wouldn't been a contract offer to turn down.

The ONLY chance Carra had was to get rid of Rafa or else he would have been finished. That is one thing you never will understand or agree with.

You even defends the way he fixed his new contract and that is laughable to say the least. Even when he acts like a total egoistic idiot you defend him. When he piss all over the club you defend him. Totally laughable.

Carra is player that shouldn't play for us because the club and the manager didn't want him. Now he plays for us only because Purslow wanted him to do it.
So you would've turned it down then? Cos you ignored that question.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 11:02 PM   #76
Arn
Alway confused
 
Arn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
So you would've turned it down then? Cos you ignored that question.
I would have waited until after the takeover. I wouldn't acted like an egoistic idiot. Then I would know if the club wanted me to stay or not.

I would have acted in a fair way against the club.
__________________
Stop the cyberhate


from now on I will skip talking about our finances. That is a promise and will save myself from looking like a

Susan Black
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 11:03 PM   #77
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
So LFC offers you a contract, and you wouldnt have signed it.

Course.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 11:03 PM   #78
Robbie-fowler999
Houllier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorbyPeacePrize View Post


Although he's not a legend, just an average utility man that thrived for a short spell within a defensive set-up, next to some very good players that made him look a lot better than he actually was.
what a stupid thing to say. a Player who has played more than 600 games for the club and performed in the toughest stages is not a legend. You sir have proved that you are a stupid child.
Robbie-fowler999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 11:04 PM   #79
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!
 
Craig_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 63,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-fowler999 View Post
what a stupid thing to say. a Player who has played more than 600 games for the club and performed in the toughest stages is not a legend. You sir have proved that you are a stupid child.
He's got some idiotic irrational agenda against Carragher. He refuses to say what his problem actually is, preferring to spout shite instead.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 11:04 PM   #80
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
You still don't get it do you

He wasn't offered a new deal. Rafa didn't offer him a new deal. Rafa had the power to decide if Carra would stay or not. Purslow didn't had that power. Only after Rafa had gone then Purslow got the power to offer Carra a new deal.

If Rafa had stayed then it wouldn't been a contract offer to turn down.

The ONLY chance Carra had was to get rid of Rafa or else he would have been finished. That is one thing you never will understand or agree with.

You even defends the way he fixed his new contract and that is laughable to say the least. Even when he acts like a total egoistic idiot you defend him. When he piss all over the club you defend him. Totally laughable.

Carra is player that shouldn't play for us because the club and the manager didn't want him. Now he plays for us only because Purslow wanted him to do it.
Dear oh dear all of this agenda led conspiracy theory drivel that you come out with is now past the point of fucking dull.

Give it a rest, the manager at LFC wanted him in the end, that was Roy Hodgson () not Rafa who was removed - rightly or wrongly, that though is what happened.

Why not leave the past for what it is and look forwards rather than banging on about this!
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.