It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 11-10-21, 07:33 PM   #1801
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Nobody has called him that, it was just his naive tactics that contributed to the defeat.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 01:09 PM   #1802
Corndog
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
That's undeniable which only highlights his naivety in having no alternative to going for it, even when he didn't need to go for it
That's one way to think about it but tbh I highly doubt Klopp or guardiola would have approached it any different.

Mourinho or Beneitz would have and so I don't think it comes down to naivety, it's just managers have different apparoaches.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 02:16 PM   #1803
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?

The absolute pelters he'd have got if he played completely differently to what had got us in that position in the first place
Old 15-10-21, 09:22 AM   #1804
ntto
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I'm not sure how you can judge someone's man management effectively without working in the same organisation as them.

Most of the quotes from the top players in that squad do not align with your view.

In any case, he set up to dominate Chelsea because that's his philosophy and that is what got the team into a title challenging position in the first place.

And LFC did dominate them, only to lose to bad luck that turned the game on its head. That happens to each and every team every season.
I saw enough of the fly on the wall documentary. The envelopes thing was a total embarrassment!
ntto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 10:01 AM   #1805
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntto View Post
I saw enough of the fly on the wall documentary. The envelopes thing was a total embarrassment!
The envelopes thing wasn't even a Rodgers original, I'm sure I heard that Ferguson used it at Man Utd in the 90's
Old 15-10-21, 10:21 AM   #1806
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
The envelopes thing wasn't even a Rodgers original, I'm sure I heard that Ferguson used it at Man Utd in the 90's
As well as the envelopes he used to hand to referees back then?
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-21, 11:34 AM   #1807
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
As well as the envelopes he used to hand to referees back then?
He probably had a conversation with the FA and the referees saying he had the names of 3 referees who he thought would let them down...

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC