It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 25-08-21, 06:17 AM   #5201
Exiled_red
Paisley

To be fair they got £20m for Martinez, which is almost what they paid for Ramsdale. And Martinez had been there for a long time although was out on loan for most of it. But when he got game time for them he looked far superior to Leno (and IMO Ramsdale) , and played really well in the FA Cup final then Charity Shield against us, then they sold him to Villa where he doesn't seem to have put a foot wrong. That is now looking like a massive cock up as I would take Martinez over either of the others.

I think that they have some good players but don't have a manager or system which can get the best out of them. Smith Rowe looks a prospect. Their transfer business from the outside looks bizarre, this window they seem to have a net spend of about £100m and it doesn't look to have improved them.
Old 25-08-21, 06:30 AM   #5202
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I don't understand their transfer moves at all.

They've let Martinez go last year and now sign ramsdale for serious coin.

Then they've signed this sambi fellow but let willock go after he tore it up at Newcastle.

Odegaard in when smith Rowe looks a proper number 10.

All this with the futures of their two best forwards aubameyang and lacazette rumoured to be leaving...

A small part of me feels for their fans, a larger part finds it hilarious.

You look at the great arsenal sides and this squad is so far away from it, similar to Liverpool in the past, I think that will weigh heavily on them.
I have a mate that's a diehard Arsenal fan who was over the moon when they binned Wenger. Said he was a terrible manager a massive tightarse and doesn't make big signings etc etc. The club can finally move on from him and we'll be so much better for it. All the dribble that those Arsenalfan.tv morons spewed out basically.

I said to him, the guy gets you top 4 every season despite spending fuck all. You'll all regret this when the new guy comes in and suddenly finds out the bloke before him has been punching well above his weight for years. You have years of mediocrity ahead of you. He told me I didn't have a clue.

Barely talks to me about football anymore

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-21, 08:51 AM   #5203
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I have a mate that's a diehard Arsenal fan who was over the moon when they binned Wenger. Said he was a terrible manager a massive tightarse and doesn't make big signings etc etc. The club can finally move on from him and we'll be so much better for it. All the dribble that those Arsenalfan.tv morons spewed out basically.

I said to him, the guy gets you top 4 every season despite spending fuck all. You'll all regret this when the new guy comes in and suddenly finds out the bloke before him has been punching well above his weight for years. You have years of mediocrity ahead of you. He told me I didn't have a clue.

funnily enough, same as some of my Utd mates when Ferdinand did his 'here's a contract, Ole... put whatever number you want on it' speech...

They fucking hate him now... said his decision-making and team selections are shite and he's just a yes man. Long may it continue.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-21, 10:50 AM   #5204
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:

They came fifth and six in his last two seasons. Emery wasnít the perfect choice but also managed 5th. Wenger had lost the plot and getting rid was the right choice. Itís the subsequent choices that have been problematic.
Old 25-08-21, 03:51 PM   #5205
Harv
Randy Marsh

What, 1 'bad' season in like 20yrs, and now having to compete with City and Chelsea with their billions, Utd and us. I think the guy had earned a bit of leeway

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-21, 10:04 PM   #5206
memzey
Fagan

Wenger has been out of football for, what, four years now? He could walk back in to Arsenal and make that club better tomorrow. Too many gooners lost perspective of what they had and thought the grass was bound to be greener with a new man at the helm. I live in/near north London and had the same conversation so many times;
“ok you want Wenger gone, who are you going to get that’s better”?
“Erm Emery’s not bad”
“Better for Arsenal than Wenger”?
“Thing is, Wenger’s gone stale”
“Ok, is Emery better for Arsenal than stale Wenger”?
“…..”
Nowadays the conversation is more about would they have him back and almost all would be up for that. I know we had our run ins with him but I always had bags of respect for Wenger. Helped by the fact he proper got in DBF’s nerves I’ll admit but respect nonetheless.
Old 25-08-21, 11:19 PM   #5207
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
What, 1 'bad' season in like 20yrs, and now having to compete with City and Chelsea with their billions, Utd and us. I think the guy had earned a bit of leeway
He got it. If anything, he stayed too long.
Old 29-08-21, 10:44 AM   #5208
McDermotX
Paisley

Old 29-08-21, 10:55 AM   #5209
McDermotX
Paisley

est1892 > Football > General Football