It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 13-10-21, 04:11 PM   #26641
fidget
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Ole doesnít know how to feel- heís waiting for Ronaldo to take his job
fixed for you lol
Ronnie is the new Giggseh!
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-21, 10:25 AM   #26642
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Ole doesnít know how to feel- heís waiting for Ronaldo Sir Alex to tell him!
Old 16-10-21, 09:48 AM   #26643
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

A bit of a ‘fuck you’ from OGS.

Old 16-10-21, 11:50 AM   #26644
S-RED
Dalglish

Slur Alex must have had a word, sounds so much like something he would say.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 04:58 PM   #26645
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

It's a god job Ole's job is apparently so safe, because a lesser manager would certainly be feeling the pressure by now.

United finishing ahead of us...
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 05:12 PM   #26646
Fivex
The Wisp

Big gap making an appearance this season
Old 16-10-21, 05:12 PM   #26647
fidget
Shankly

Give it to Giggsie Ted Lasso Ronaldo til the end of the season
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 05:12 PM   #26648
~LFCHistory~
Dalglish

After they lose to us hope Ole can turn results around stay in the job and keep them treading water, last thing we want is Utd with a competent manager with the revenue they have for transfers and wages
~LFCHistory~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 11:07 PM   #26649
Irishnev
Paisley

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-21, 11:18 PM   #26650
Irishnev
Paisley

Old 16-10-21, 11:29 PM   #26651
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

If utd had won today, ole would have got 197 points from first 104 games, one better than klopp. Amazing really. Mind you klopp took it up several levels in his next 100.

Delighted to so far being proved 100% wrong about utd being strong this year.
Old 17-10-21, 10:36 AM   #26652
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Uh oh. Too soon.

Old 17-10-21, 10:41 AM   #26653
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
If utd had won today, ole would have got 197 points from first 104 games, one better than klopp. Amazing really. Mind you klopp took it up several levels in his next 100.

The squad is so totally unbalanced, they seem to sign players to appease the fans rather than to follow any plan. Quite the opposite of us, where squad balance is massive and the fans are always begging on signings but get nothing. Throw in the balancing of multiple mega egos and they look a bit disorganised.

Signing Ronaldo was a mistake. And it looks like they have no plan for Sancho, yet to offer a goal or an assist.

A better manager would get them organised but that bloated squad needs trimming.

Anyway
Old 17-10-21, 11:18 AM   #26654
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
The squad is so totally unbalanced, they seem to sign players to appease the fans rather than to follow any plan. Quite the opposite of us, where squad balance is massive and the fans are always begging on signings but get nothing. Throw in the balancing of multiple mega egos and they look a bit disorganised.

Signing Ronaldo was a mistake. And it looks like they have no plan for Sancho, yet to offer a goal or an assist.

A better manager would get them organised but that bloated squad needs trimming.

Anyway
We were in a similar position under the likes of Evans and Houllier, we signed some good quality players but they either didn't suit the system or we didn't know what to do with them.

On paper they have alot of quality attacking players last year the 3 of Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford/Martial seemed to be developing, they had FernŠndes behind them and were getting goals. They seem to have ripped that up to accommodate Ronaldo. Sancho looked a great signing on paper, but now you wonder why they signed him, I worry that he will still come good though. Pogba looks like he plays best for them from left so that's alot of player to keep happy
Old 17-10-21, 12:03 PM   #26655
Irishnev
Paisley

Just watched Match of the Day and I know Iím biased but Maguire was shocking - I mean leagues out of his depth shocking. I thought he was injured and maybe they rushed him backÖÖ. Either way Salah will torch him on the right next week if heís like this.

Long may it continue
Old 17-10-21, 12:07 PM   #26656
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah his lack of urgency on that first goal was Sunday league stuff.

He also randomly shelled the ball at 100mph behind for a corner during the game he looks erratic.

On his day he is a functional and workman like basic defender. A little bit off his best and he is shocking. He was shit when he first signed but last season seemed to know how to get the most out of his limited skill set.
Old 17-10-21, 12:13 PM   #26657
spud_gun
Paisley

He clearly wasn't 100% fit. Shouldn't have been playing.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 12:29 PM   #26658
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Yeah his lack of urgency on that first goal was Sunday league stuff.

He also randomly shelled the ball at 100mph behind for a corner during the game he looks erratic.

On his day he is a functional and workman like basic defender. A little bit off his best and he is shocking. He was shit when he first signed but last season seemed to know how to get the most out of his limited skill set.
He does the basics well - head it, block it, pass it into midfield but thatís not what United need. He gets exposed defending in the wide channels and sometimes lacks urgency as youíve said - he reminds me of Dejan tbh Itís bonkers that heís the worlds most expensive defender I think we have 3 and possibly 4 better CBs in our squad better than him
Old 17-10-21, 12:55 PM   #26659
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
He does the basics well - head it, block it, pass it into midfield but thatís not what United need. He gets exposed defending in the wide channels and sometimes lacks urgency as youíve said - he reminds me of Dejan tbh Itís bonkers that heís the worlds most expensive defender I think we have 3 and possibly 4 better CBs in our squad better than him
I reckon at least 3 for sure.

I actually think Leicester have at least 2 better CB's than him Their fans must have been loving yesterday.
Old 17-10-21, 12:57 PM   #26660
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

FUCKING HELL. So. So shit.

Old 17-10-21, 01:31 PM   #26661
ChesterDave
Paisley

Eighty. Million. Pounds.

ChesterDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 01:52 PM   #26662
El Diego
Dalglish

The lack of criticism that Pogba, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho, Varane, Maguire get is shocking. Bought for big big money and been utter shite
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 02:03 PM   #26663
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
The lack of criticism that Pogba, Wan-Bissaka, Sancho, Varane, Maguire get is shocking. Bought for big big money and been utter shite
As a general observation about this and similar comments, can we all please be sure to rejoice in their demise and include more and some

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-21, 02:12 PM   #26664
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

We need them to get a decent result vs Atlanta in the CL this week otherwise OGS is under massive pressure going into our game.

Old 17-10-21, 04:28 PM   #26665
Mr Pink
Benitez

I know thereís an argument that current form goes out the window in the big games etc, but on our form and their form, next Sunday has the potential to be one for the history books!

I know it would mean Ole getting the boot, but Iíd love if we set a record, their heaviest defeat at old trafford or something!

That said, I am still expecting it to be a very tough game, they have talent on paper, and players normally do turn up to these games.
Old 17-10-21, 08:09 PM   #26666
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
What? You honestly thought Utd would be strong this year? Being happy to be 100% wrong is not a get out clause. It can't even be considered as a jinx since they are and have been crap all on their own (Ole's own).

I think you need to evaluate how much football you watch and if it's enough.
Old 17-10-21, 08:23 PM   #26667
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:

Me too Bob, me too
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 06:40 AM   #26668
Irishnev
Paisley

This lot are a fucking entitled shower at this stage - I can get why they want the Glazers out yet they “won the transfer window” after signing Sancho and Varane and mot a peep from them then. They then went out and all bought new Ronaldo shirts, selling more than any other one in history in a matter of days. A few bad results and now it’s Glazers out again without marching against that PE Teacher of a manager they have.

I reckon it’s because they weren’t bought instead of Newcastle

Old 18-10-21, 07:47 AM   #26669
frank the tank
Shankly

if this game gets postponed / impacted again because of these knuckle-heads then they need a points deduction and/or a load of games behind closed doors.

Fuckin dopes
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 08:53 AM   #26670
RichC
Meh

Complete comedy isn't. They've been very quiet about the ownership after the Summer what with Varane (massively overrated IMO) , Sancho and Ronaldo have come in for about £120M to go alongside the other big money signings they've got.

They're now in a grump again as the results are happening, clearly the Glaziers are there to make money out of owning the club but you can't say they've not backed Ole in the transfer market (again!)
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-21, 09:03 AM   #26671
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Funny thread

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/liverpool-next.466210/
Old 18-10-21, 09:19 AM   #26672
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

Quote:
Weíre trying to get in the way of Liverpool winning the league next week. Itís one of two matches we get to do that this season.

Thatís what we are. What Liverpool were. We have one of our two cup finals in October. The players will be up for it and if they can grab a plucky point, they know they can have the rest of 2021 off.
Old 18-10-21, 09:51 AM   #26673
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I feel the exact opposite to them - weíve been far superior to them in paper for years yet we invariably shit the bed at their place. I am dreading this as they will sit in and pump long balls behind us for them to run onto - VVD and Matip make me more confident but I dread this game

Iím going to miss this as will be in a train to Prague
Old 18-10-21, 09:56 AM   #26674
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

We don't need this shit

Old 18-10-21, 10:00 AM   #26675
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah, that seemed very, very poorly worded from OGS. A thinly veiled accusation.

No chance we roll them over on Sunday though. They will be well up for it, particularly given how bad they have been. OT will be bouncing. It will be a war, and a tough game. same as how we always managed to raise our game when we played them back when they were good and we weren't.

They seem painfully under prepared as a support for decades of mediocrity though
Old 18-10-21, 10:09 AM   #26676
Exiled_red
Paisley

Like most of us said last time this happened it's not about the superleague, or the Glazers taking money out of the club, them not investing in players or no improvements to their ground, it's that they can't handle where they are now. The Glazers have been taking money out of the club for years, the haven't been investing in the stadium or facilities for a while (there have been talks about leaks in OT for years). Whether they like it or not they have been spending a shit load of money, the problem is it hasn't seen much of an improvement on the pitch because they have either spent it on poor players or they have spent it on good players who don't fit/improve their system.

As has been mentioned above they haven't been protesting earlier in the season when they 'won the transfer window' they are just throwing their toys out of the pram now things aren't going their way.

If the Glazers are really the problem here why did the 'Green and Gold' protest and not buying shirts and stuff from the club shop etc not carry on, it started over 10 years ago and seemingly only lasted a few months until their last protest.

Also I can't believe that they got away with the game being postponed and faced almost no punishment, if that was any other club (or wasn't because of the PL pushing the anti-Superleague agenda) I think we might have seen a different outcome.
Old 18-10-21, 10:10 AM   #26677
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I feel the exact opposite to them - weíve been far superior to them in paper for years yet we invariably shit the bed at their place. I am dreading this as they will sit in and pump long balls behind us for them to run onto - VVD and Matip make me more confident but I dread this game

Iím going to miss this as will be in a train to Prague
Yeah I fear that too, I can see them nicking a point or even all three
Old 18-10-21, 10:20 AM   #26678
Irishnev
Paisley

Any player can be made to look bad on a comp but this is still great - I love the little skip he goes post fuck up and he knows he canít catch up

Oh and the green and gold shite is a joke - lads with their Newton Heath scarfs and brand new Ronaldo jerseys - fuck off
Old 18-10-21, 10:38 AM   #26679
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

He reminds me of Lovren before Klopp rebuilt his confidence. Lovren under Rodgers. When we had zero plan defensively.
Old 18-10-21, 11:31 AM   #26680
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He absolutely panics when pressed, it's so easy to pressure him into a mistake.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football