It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 07-10-21, 02:45 PM   #921
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They all seem to be ecstatic. Disappointed in a couple of Toon mates who I thought would be walking away from it all but are just relishing it without a shred of introspection.
To be honest I'm not surprised they haven't won a trophy for over 50 years (Championship and getting PL promotion aside) obviously they will see this as a chance to win stuff, I guess it becomes easy to put any doubts aside
Old 07-10-21, 03:03 PM   #922
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
To be fair Everton managers usually go on to bigger and better things, their last few managers and their next jobs

Moyes - Man Utd
Martinez - Belgium national side working with their golden generation
Koeman - The Netherlands national side (then Barcelona)
Allardyce - West Brom - so this one is an exception
Marco Silva - Fulham - Ok two exceptions
Ancelotti - Real Madrid

How 4 out of 6 of them went on to get top jobs after fairly poor records at Everton is rather mind boggling.
In fairness....

Moyes was found out very quickly and punted from Man U

Martinez has wasted the so called 'Golden Generation' They should have won at least one major tournament.

Koeman got the Dutch job and Barca job almost by default. He was 14th?! choice for Barca? He'll be out on his ear soon there

The real puzzler is Ancelotti. Why he ever agreed to go there in the first place is one of the games great mysteries.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 04:16 PM   #923
Brandie
Souness

Statement signing….

Salah ?

��
Brandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 04:26 PM   #924
frank the tank
Shankly

i'd say it will be like when Roman took over chelsea at first - anyone decent that will come there, then sign them up. We'll sort out the tactics later. It will be a case of signing as many high profilers as possible to build the profile further.

They will give Mbappe a blank cheque. Same with Haaland. Any suitable player out of contract or available will be told name their price. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pogba end up there!!!

It will be like PSG on steroids!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 04:27 PM   #925
frank the tank
Shankly

Matt Ritchie slinging it into a front line of Haaland, Lewandowski and Mbappe!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 05:17 PM   #926
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Any true world star that goes there will just be a greedy massive bellend with no heart
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 05:27 PM   #927
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 07-10-21, 05:29 PM   #928
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 07-10-21, 05:33 PM   #929
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Shambles.
Old 07-10-21, 05:38 PM   #930
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

With regards to the takeover, Jermain Jenas was on the radio earnestly talking about the long term suffering off...

wait for it

The Newcastle supporters.

Football is soooo fucked.
Old 07-10-21, 05:40 PM   #931
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

That insufferable cunt is everywhere. It's incredible.
Old 07-10-21, 05:41 PM   #932
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Mickey Quinn coming out of retirement along with Faustino Asprillia
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 05:44 PM   #933
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
That insufferable cunt is everywhere. It's incredible.
Absolutely zero chat about any moral issues with this takeover.

I mean, as supporters we 'might' be excited if the same were to happen to us (though for me personally I am not so sure).

But you would at least expect some journalistic interrogation of what this means. Not a word of it.
Old 07-10-21, 05:45 PM   #934
Liverpool
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
the long term suffering offt he Newcastle supporters.
its fucking mad, a quick look on twitter 'ooo we deserve this after all the suffering' fucking hell. No irony that they a comfortable premier league team, not exactly a lower or non league team constantly on the brink of collapse.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 05:47 PM   #935
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
its fucking mad, a quick look on twitter 'ooo we deserve this after all the suffering' fucking hell. No irony that they a comfortable premier league team, not exactly a lower or non league team constantly on the brink of collapse.

It is mental. As if getting this sugar daddy is in some way earned.
Old 07-10-21, 05:48 PM   #936
wiw
Paisley

Another to add to the oil money pissing contest. Yay. Genuinely feeling a bit depressed about this! It's going to get far worse before it gets any better, if at all
Old 07-10-21, 05:52 PM   #937
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

It's so hard to turn off an emotional connection like we all have with Liverpool, but I really wish I could. As I get older, and elite level football becomes more corrupted and soulless, I've definitely felt myself drifting back towards lower league/non league - been going to National League and even North West Counties league games. I hardly ever watch non-LFC Premier League games any more, and the games I do have on are usually just background noise while I look at my phone, only looking up to see the goals.

With LFC it's just as intense as ever, but this latest development feels like another nail in the coffin.

This tweet sums it up nicely imo

Old 07-10-21, 06:03 PM   #938
Liverpool
Paisley

the midseason World Cup in Qatar, moving it to every two years, the new Champions League format, and all the other host of issues. Then the ownership and cost. I think i'll jib it off after Klopp and watch from the sidelines. It will come to a head in 3-4 years time. It always felt evitable since Qatar 'won' the bid 10 years ago.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:14 PM   #939
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
It's so hard to turn off an emotional connection like we all have with Liverpool, but I really wish I could. As I get older, and elite level football becomes more corrupted and soulless, I've definitely felt myself drifting back towards lower league/non league - been going to National League and even North West Counties league games. I hardly ever watch non-LFC Premier League games any more, and the games I do have on are usually just background noise while I look at my phone, only looking up to see the goals.

With LFC it's just as intense as ever, but this latest development feels like another nail in the coffin.

This tweet sums it up nicely imo

https://twitter.com/deanvannguyen/st...51986047561731
Yeah, that tweet nails it.

Thatís the way itís going. Maybe thatís the way itís already gone
Old 07-10-21, 06:16 PM   #940
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiw View Post
Another to add to the oil money pissing contest. Yay. Genuinely feeling a bit depressed about this! It's going to get far worse before it gets any better, if at all
City didn't have *real* competition in the pissing contest until now
Old 07-10-21, 06:18 PM   #941
BG1973
Fagan

They've got to get Keegan in surely.

3 of the fuckers in one league.

Fairly disgusting prospect.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:19 PM   #942
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Any true world star that goes there will just be a greedy massive bellend with no heart
It's how it will start yes, players looking for one big pay day. But if those players can take them to the CL, then others will join for the football (and the money). They will follow a similar path to City...still, looking forward to City and Newcastle being done for corruption/bribery at some point, as the battle between the 2 'not state owned' clubs becomes bigger than the game itself.
Old 07-10-21, 06:20 PM   #943
BootRoom
Dalglish

I'm sure we'll hear a lot from G. Neville on this deal; he's said a lot of things about the probity of the Glazers and FSG particularly in light of the failed ESL attempt, yet I'm not aware of any instance where these people have had somebody chopped up, so doubtless Mr. Neville will use his platform on Sky TV to directly address the suitability of the Saudis, without diluting any points with general "everything is fucked up" bollocks.
BootRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:25 PM   #944
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
It's how it will start yes, players looking for one big pay day. But if those players can take them to the CL, then others will join for the football (and the money). They will follow a similar path to City...still, looking forward to City and Newcastle being done for corruption/bribery at some point, as the battle between the 2 'not state owned' clubs becomes bigger than the game itself.
Coutinho and Van Beek I reckon will be nailed on for January. Think we could rinse them £30million each for Big Nat & Origi.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:27 PM   #945
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Yeah Origi is an obvious one. They have to build it up gradually like City did. I think they'll come in for Divvy, and yeah Coutinho seems obvious too.
Old 07-10-21, 06:34 PM   #946
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Yeah Origi is an obvious one. They have to build it up gradually like City did. I think they'll come in for Divvy, and yeah Coutinho seems obvious too.
I imagine they will get a load of wasters chasing money to start with, suppose it depends on the managers.......But how many Robinho's and shite did City overspend on, definitely took them a few seasons to start to get the balance right

Old 07-10-21, 06:39 PM   #947
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Aye, often picking up cast offs from big clubs - they bought SWP, Ben Haim, Bridge and a few others in the first round of spending.
Old 07-10-21, 06:39 PM   #948
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Depressingly they will probably grease enough palms to make sure they're never investigated Hadd enough, and same as City will have better and more powerful lawyers
Old 07-10-21, 06:40 PM   #949
S-RED
Dalglish

apparently, due to ashley being a tight cunt, Newcastle can still spend £188 mill this season & still be FFP friendly !!!!

I think they will go big in January & also sign few top line free transfers too; how they integrate them is another matter, but they will go deep & early
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:41 PM   #950
S-RED
Dalglish

S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 06:42 PM   #951
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Aye, often picking up cast offs from big clubs - they bought SWP, Ben Haim, Bridge and a few others in the first round of spending.
I think Aguero was the catalyst for them. He was the true world beater that propelled them
Old 07-10-21, 06:43 PM   #952
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Depressing. They'll probably spend £400m the following year, just to test the mettle of the authorities
Old 07-10-21, 06:45 PM   #953
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I think Aguero was the catalyst for them. He was the true world beater that propelled them
Kompany came early didn't he, £6m or something, and was probably the best buy but as I remember it at least he had to play with some shite before the likes of Aguero and David Silva arrived.
Old 07-10-21, 06:57 PM   #954
rudedog
Pig hater

Yaya Toure
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 07:02 PM   #955
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Kompany came early didn't he, £6m or something, and was probably the best buy but as I remember it at least he had to play with some shite before the likes of Aguero and David Silva arrived.
Bony, Roque & Jo they have bought some real stinkers for big money over the years

Old 07-10-21, 07:10 PM   #956
fah-q
Touching cloth

It’s fucking cold in Newcastle tbf, can’t see Mbappe, etc being happy there unless they fly them in everyday from somewhere warmer.
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 07:27 PM   #957
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah, can’t imagine Mbappe down the Bigg Market on a Saturday. It’s like the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah down there most weekends.
Old 07-10-21, 07:43 PM   #958
Irishnev
Paisley

We can all debate about the rights and wrongs of the owners but from a purely blinkered football perspective it is another huge hitter coming into a cramped EPL. Our model will have 3/4 teams that we just can’t complete with financially now and relying and finding another Klopp and Edwards combo coming along feels a bit worrying. I don’t want us to give up our identity but I can see why the Geordies are all in - 50 years is a long time waiting
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-21, 08:00 PM   #959
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

The problem is that the entire thing is becoming totally futile. It’s a dick waving competition amongst Oligarchs. As mentioned above I’ll keep watching us and only us and whatever happens it’s the team and club that matters. If we can compete great, if not, well we join the rank and file.
Old 07-10-21, 08:01 PM   #960
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
In fairness....

Moyes was found out very quickly and punted from Man U

Martinez has wasted the so called 'Golden Generation' They should have won at least one major tournament.

Koeman got the Dutch job and Barca job almost by default. He was 14th?! choice for Barca? He'll be out on his ear soon there

The real puzzler is Ancelotti. Why he ever agreed to go there in the first place is one of the games great mysteries.
Regardless of their subsequent records the fact that most of them went on to get what would be considered top jobs after what in almost all cases was mediocre at best spells in charge of Everton is quite remarkable. Obviously you can make the case that Ancelotti got the Real Madrid job because of his record elsewhere, maybe to a lesser extent Koeman. But if these guys were such good managers that they managed to get top jobs why did they not show it at Everton? Are Everton just beyond hope?

est1892 > Football > General Football