It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 04-10-21, 08:22 AM   #321
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Midfield was ok. Curtis Jones was timid and never imposed himself on the game. Itís these kind of games that he needs to grow himself into to elevate his game, which is capable of. Possession wise was pretty much even, which is good against City, so in my mind midfield did ok.
Midfield was ok besides Jones and Henderson playing shite
poorscousertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 10:22 AM   #322
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I donít want to drag it out either, but both photos show Jones challenging in the centre of the pitch when he was playing on the left of midfield. Iím wondering why Fab wasnít on KDB on the edge of the box, instead Jones had to cover the angles to KDB and Jesus, and faces the criticism.

If Jesus wasn't there then I'm sure Curtis would have been closer to KDB, but he had to cover both possibilities because Robbo had been dragged in by Walker.

You can't cover everything, just a shame the deflection took it past Alisson.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 11:40 AM   #323
Fuzzy
Fagan

I guess given the opposition, our first half performance and the red card let-off, we can't really feel too bad about a draw. Still can't help but feel we should have held up better defensively, especially after our second goal. And that Fabinho miss... fuuuck.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 11:44 AM   #324
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I guess given the opposition, our first half performance and the red card let-off, we can't really feel too bad about a draw. Still can't help but feel we should have held up better defensively, especially after our second goal. And that Fabinho miss... fuuuck.
They were the better team no doubts, Trent was a huge loss, defence was a mess but alot of that was down to the midfield not offering any protection for the backline & fuck all for the front line. The Fab miss was a shocker no matter how anybody tries to justify it. Watched it again a few times today and ffs it was in keeping with his reaction times the whole game. Absolute sitter for any pro footballer and unfortunately was the the reason we didn't finish the game with 3 points.
Old 04-10-21, 12:36 PM   #325
fidget
Shankly

Sack Klopp - appoint Dan
fidget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 01:42 PM   #326
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
They were the better team no doubts, Trent was a huge loss, defence was a mess but alot of that was down to the midfield not offering any protection for the backline & fuck all for the front line. The Fab miss was a shocker no matter how anybody tries to justify it. Watched it again a few times today and ffs it was in keeping with his reaction times the whole game. Absolute sitter for any pro footballer and unfortunately was the the reason we didn't finish the game with 3 points.
I thought it was a game of two halves. They were undoubtedly the better team in the first half, but thought we shaded it the second

And yeah, Fabinho wasn't up to his usual standards the entire game, including the fairly horrific miss; though that was some exceptional defending to get in front of it so quickly
Old 04-10-21, 01:59 PM   #327
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce View Post
I thought it was a game of two halves. They were undoubtedly the better team in the first half, but thought we shaded it the second

And yeah, Fabinho wasn't up to his usual standards the entire game, including the fairly horrific miss; though that was some exceptional defending to get in front of it so quickly
Sometimes it seems we forget about the quality of the other team. And that they want to win the game also. City are the most expensively assembled team on history and we held our own. They had the better of the first half we looked fantastic in the second.

Seems like ever time we drop points it has to be because x, y or z are shit/not playing well.

Was a belting second half full of top quality attacking football from both teams.
Old 04-10-21, 01:59 PM   #328
rudedog
Pig hater

It wasnít a miss!
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 02:05 PM   #329
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
It wasnít a miss!
Split second to sort his feet out have the defender the chance for wonder block. Not as of Fab is a seasoned poacher.

Was a big chance to win against a top team though.
Old 04-10-21, 02:17 PM   #330
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Sometimes it seems we forget about the quality of the other team. And that they want to win the game also. City are the most expensively assembled team on history and we held our own. They had the better of the first half we looked fantastic in the second.

Seems like ever time we drop points it has to be because x, y or z are shit/not playing well.

Was a belting second half full of top quality attacking football from both teams.
Every. Word

There are 2 teams on a pitch, not getting the result is never just the fault of one them

Cracking game and one that I think both sides can be reasonably content with

Devils advocate, should Milner have been able to leave the pitch at our behest as opposed to the officials?
Old 04-10-21, 02:26 PM   #331
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:

Yep, was a great game of football. And despite injury to key players and several players having very poor performances we still managed to hold our own and get a draw against a team thats just on a unfair playing field financially.

Felt sorry for Milner there. He's the ultimate pro, but he was on a hiding to nothing all game, but still gave his all.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 02:40 PM   #332
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
It wasnít a miss!
The only thing he did wrong, in my opinion, was not passing the ball into the roof of the net, which would have taken the slide from Rhodri out of the equation. The extra touch to control it was fine, it was just the finishers instinct to lift the ball that lacked.
Old 04-10-21, 04:15 PM   #333
Jas
Fagan

Quote:
It wasn’t a miss!
Agreed, he could have possibly gone for the first time toe poke rather than trying to get it under control but had he missed that he’d have definitely got stick for not taking a touch first.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:27 PM   #334
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
The only thing he did wrong, in my opinion, was not passing the ball into the roof of the net, which would have taken the slide from Rhodri out of the equation. The extra touch to control it was fine, it was just the finishers instinct to lift the ball that lacked.
Any loft and he'd have scored
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:29 PM   #335
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce View Post
Every. Word

There are 2 teams on a pitch, not getting the result is never just the fault of one them

Cracking game and one that I think both sides can be reasonably content with

Devils advocate, should Milner have been able to leave the pitch at our behest as opposed to the officials?
Yeah, 95 times out of 100 thatís a yellow card, the only slight mitigation was that it was Ďboughtí a bit. He absolutely launches himself into the air on contact. But it was a pretty lucky escape.
Old 04-10-21, 04:34 PM   #336
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I assume the ref gave the foul against Hendo so wasn’t interested in the subsequent challenge.
Old 04-10-21, 04:37 PM   #337
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
I think he has to control it initially with his left foot, using his right meant that he had so much readjustment to do.
Old 04-10-21, 04:47 PM   #338
Liverpool
Paisley

In the ground I had no concern it was a second yellow tbh, with the pace of the game and tackles going in it looked pretty standard. Silva was off balance after the Henderson tackle, then he already starts going down before Milner came in looking for a foul. If Milner pulled out last second Silva was still hitting the deck the cheating cunt.

Sky slowing it down and showing the one angle of it makes it look worse.

I think the ref was probably also influenced by how good the game was becoming at 1-1 and wanting to keep 11 vs 11, if Milner goes off it ruins the spectacle which is being watched by millions all over the world in a showpiece game, if that's Burnley-Norwich in a 3pm its a bit easier to make that call.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:03 PM   #339
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
In the ground I had no concern it was a second yellow tbh, with the pace of the game and tackles going in it looked pretty standard. Silva was off balance after the Henderson tackle, then he already starts going down before Milner came in looking for a foul. If Milner pulled out last second Silva was still hitting the deck the cheating cunt.

Sky slowing it down and showing the one angle of it makes it look worse.

I think the ref was probably also influenced by how good the game was becoming at 1-1 and wanting to keep 11 vs 11, if Milner goes off it ruins the spectacle which is being watched by millions all over the world in a showpiece game, if that's Burnley-Norwich in a 3pm its a bit easier to make that call.
Fair point on that last paragraph as probably didn't want to spoil the match & make a name for himself. However, I agree with the first point - Silva is a snidy little fuck!
Old 04-10-21, 06:11 PM   #340
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Yeah, 95 times out of 100 thatís a yellow card, the only slight mitigation was that it was Ďboughtí a bit. He absolutely launches himself into the air on contact. But it was a pretty lucky escape.
I thought he was close to appearing on flight radar before the contact in all honesty.
ChesterDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:24 PM   #341
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Nah. He made it overly dramatic, but Milner clearly tried to bring him down by trailing a leg. But as I said above, the Hendo tackle was given as a foul, but then why didn’t the ref play the advantage for that as he kept the ball? It was a homer decision imo.

Last edited by Kenneth; 04-10-21 at 06:27 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:45 PM   #342
Pepe79
Shankly

I thought Milner had got away with a blatant 2nd yellow at the time.

But I didn’t realise the foul was actually given for the 1st challenge by Hendo and seeing it again, that Silva appears to already be launching himself from that first contact anyway.

Makes it more pathetic that Tyler and Neville then spent the rest of the game making it out to be the biggest game changing miss-carriage of a decision they’ve even seen.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 07:05 PM   #343
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
I think he has to control it initially with his left foot, using his right meant that he had so much readjustment to do.

Thatís what I thought the pundits clarified right after the game. But absolutely no mention of it in any of the post match written analysis, everyone seems to have just taken the lead from Pepís crying.
Old 04-10-21, 07:50 PM   #344
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I’m assuming you mean Milner, but why wouldn’t the red play on for the first one as he still had the ball, then give the foul against Milner if it were true?
Old 04-10-21, 07:56 PM   #345
Fierce
I'm only the bassist

Quote:
Iím assuming you mean Milner, but why wouldnít the red play on for the first one as he still had the ball, then give the foul against Milner if it were true?
That's not the way the advantage rule works is it?

Played on because it was advantageous to do so; then pulled it back to the original foul when a second foul cut short said advantage?
Old 04-10-21, 08:15 PM   #346
Fivex
The Wisp

Dunno how that post got quoted.

Yeah, Hendo fouled, no advantage happened so the free kick was given.

Milner would have been dealt with separately if heíd given him an uppercut instead of just sticking his leg out, but the free kick would still have been awarded for Hendoís foul.
Old 04-10-21, 08:29 PM   #347
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Was I dreaming or did Silva get booked?

If so why not one mention anywhere of him getting away without a red? Pretty sure he was booked for dissent and then in the 85th minute bought someone down in their half. Should 100% been a yellow and would have been if not already booked
Commentators didn't mention it as too busy going on about Milner. I can't believe the amount of talk since all about the fact he should of walked. Bullshit. There's contentious calls in every game and very little heard. Fucking neville, Tyler and that useless lump Micah Richards, the thickest pundit in history.
Old 04-10-21, 10:36 PM   #348
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Was I dreaming or did Silva get booked?

If so why not one mention anywhere of him getting away without a red? Pretty sure he was booked for dissent and then in the 85th minute bought someone down in their half. Should 100% been a yellow and would have been if not already booked
Commentators didn't mention it as too busy going on about Milner. I can't believe the amount of talk since all about the fact he should of walked. Bullshit. There's contentious calls in every game and very little heard. Fucking neville, Tyler and that useless lump Micah Richards, the thickest pundit in history.
this, not a dicky bird mentioned about Silva.
Old 05-10-21, 08:14 AM   #349
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Nah. He made it overly dramatic, but Milner clearly tried to bring him down by trailing a leg. But as I said above, the Hendo tackle was given as a foul, but then why didn’t the ref play the advantage for that as he kept the ball? It was a homer decision imo.

https://twitter.com/pooreplreferees/...31565309894665
No idea why people think he should be sent off for this... Milner gets the ball first and nudges is away... it's his leg position that Silva runs into.. he doesn't even have the ball under control at that point
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 09:07 AM   #350
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Manchester City complain to Liverpool about fan allegedly spitting at member of staff - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58783053
It's surely the end for Carragher now.
Old 05-10-21, 09:15 AM   #351
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
...Obviously Milly wasn't great for the goals either. ....
Particularly the second, where he was just lounging around on the bench!
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 10:31 AM   #352
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
I expect better from him donít you agree ?
Old 05-10-21, 10:39 AM   #353
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
I expect better from him donít you agree ?
Related to that, Gomez coming on was the right (only) decision left. But it didn't half send a shiver up my spine. I really don't want to see him at RB, almost ever. He's a world class CB.
Old 05-10-21, 01:11 PM   #354
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
He is a bit spitty

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 02:03 PM   #355
danperkins

Quote:
a rogue "s" ffs
Old 05-10-21, 03:10 PM   #356
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Would be funny if he was asked about this on Sky....... what could the dope say about it???
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 06:25 PM   #357
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 10:54 AM   #358
Angryred
Dalglish

So in a weird way, Hendo did Milner a favour there as I'm sure Milner was ready to take that eejit Silva out of the game going at that speed.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC