It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 09-09-21, 10:28 PM   #26441
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
I had a dream the other night about getting distracted when barbecuing halloumi. It wasn't my fault and I was doing the right thing but got blamed for the burnt halloumi and was pretty pissed off with how unfair it was.
That's outrageous.

If there is anything I can do to help you get over this, just PM me, anytime, night or day.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 10:34 PM   #26442
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
That's outrageous.

If there is anything I can do to help you get over this, just PM me, anytime, night or day.
Cheers mate. I'm making good progress I hope.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 06:51 AM   #26443
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Sounds like your life is ruined.
Yo know I wasnt aware of it but after reading your post you're 100% right. Thank you Dr fivex, what would I do without your insight.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 12:54 PM   #26444
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Not that you’d know it from the news or anything online, or on tv, but apparently Cristiano Ronaldo is making his comeback for Man U today.
Old 11-09-21, 02:03 PM   #26445
McDermotX
Paisley

Starting as well.........clearly beating such tough opponents as Newcastle with himself scoring more or less guarantees the league title for ManU.

I think that's only reasonable.

Old 11-09-21, 02:03 PM   #26446
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Not that you’d know it from the news or anything online, or on tv, but apparently Cristiano Ronaldo is making his comeback for Man U today.
I heard jesus h christ was coming out of retirement just so he could witness this miracle.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 02:31 PM   #26447
RedReet

F*ck off. Taylor ref for this match.

Penalty certain to be given if he doesn't score from open play.
Old 11-09-21, 03:47 PM   #26448
ChesterDave
Paisley

Eeeejjjjjjjjjaccccccuuuuuuuuuuuulaaaaaaaaaaaaateee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 04:54 PM   #26449
baitman
Daddy day care

Acid reflux

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 05:02 PM   #26450
RedReet

No Wilson this week, no Antonio next week. Ings will no doubt be injured for the next.
Old 11-09-21, 08:52 PM   #26451
vlahka
Still sulking...

I jokingly said old man Ronaldo would get 2-3 goals and 2-3 assists. He got 2 goals but pogba got the 2 assists. Close enough. UTD have won the league.
Old 11-09-21, 08:55 PM   #26452
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
I jokingly said old man Ronaldo would get 2-3 goals and 2-3 assists. He got 2 goals but pogba got the 2 assists. Close enough. UTD have won the league.
What?

I think they will but I'm not giving it to them yet!!
Old 11-09-21, 08:58 PM   #26453
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Manchester United

He would have scored 0 goal hadn’t that Newcastle keeper made two howlers. He was anonymous apart from that. Like fuck he’s going to win them the league.
Old 11-09-21, 09:15 PM   #26454
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
He would have scored 0 goal hadn’t that Newcastle keeper made two howlers. He was anonymous apart from that. Like fuck he’s going to win them the league.
That doesn't make any sense. He's a poacher, he's scored 2 goals in his first game. That's what scorers do. Christ I detest the guy but he will continue to score goals. I'm allowed to think one thing and want another right?
Old 12-09-21, 05:25 AM   #26455
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
That doesn't make any sense. He's a poacher, he's scored 2 goals in his first game. That's what scorers do. Christ I detest the guy but he will continue to score goals. I'm allowed to think one thing and want another right?

I agree that he will continue to score a bunch of goals, and will prob get 20+ league goals, but I also agree with Fredo here- the keeper was woeful for both goals- especially the first… and apart from the 2 goals, I didn’t think he played great…

Granted that if your striker scores 2 goals, he has played well and you don’t need him to do much else, but the keeper shoulda done a lot lot better for both goals… will be interesting to see what he does against better opposition
Old 12-09-21, 09:36 AM   #26456
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
That doesn't make sense really & striker scores 2 goals, job done.
Old 12-09-21, 10:19 AM   #26457
Fredo

Manchester United

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
That doesn't make sense really & striker scores 2 goals, job done.

What doesn’t make sense that the goalkeeper gifted them two goals? In another game Ronaldo would have had 1 shot on target and no goals scored for all the hype.
Old 12-09-21, 10:22 AM   #26458
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I'd have them, Chelsea and City with a level chance at the league currently.

We may be up there too but it's too early to tell if last season was a blip so I'll keep my excitement in check
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 10:23 AM   #26459
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Goalkeepers spilling the ball occasionally is normal. Shots going under the goalkeeper is normal. So yeah, Ronaldo would be shit if all of their opponents played perfectly and didn’t give him chances.

Last edited by Kenneth; 12-09-21 at 10:25 AM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 11:42 AM   #26460
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Goalkeepers spilling the ball occasionally is normal. Shots going under the goalkeeper is normal. So yeah, Ronaldo would be shit if all of their opponents played perfectly and didn’t give him chances.
He was there to capitalise on the mistake - his anticipation and movement in the box is superb ( saw that recently vs Ireland). Second one he may have seen the keeper with his legs apart and put it through them - doesn’t matter it’s a goal they win games. He put them ahead twice so they were important goals

I despise him but he is a phenomenal goal scorer……even at this age. What I hope is that his ego and greed fuck them over in big tight games. They were wide open yesterday and playing Pogba in a midfield 2 will kill them against organised teams
Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 12:19 PM   #26461
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
He was there to capitalise on the mistake - his anticipation and movement in the box is superb ( saw that recently vs Ireland). Second one he may have seen the keeper with his legs apart and put it through them - doesn’t matter it’s a goal they win games. He put them ahead twice so they were important goals

I despise him but he is a phenomenal goal scorer……even at this age. What I hope is that his ego and greed fuck them over in big tight games. They were wide open yesterday and playing Pogba in a midfield 2 will kill them against organised teams

Yep. If Mo played the exact same game for us, we would be purring about how world class players can have a poor game but still pop up with goals.
Old 12-09-21, 12:30 PM   #26462
vlahka
Still sulking...

BBC] During the run he made for his 2nd goal, Cristiano Ronaldo hit a top speed of 20.2mph (32.5kmph).

Pretty impressive for an old man. Fuck UTD.
Old 12-09-21, 01:54 PM   #26463
Fivex
The Wisp

Only 9 articles mentioning Ronaldo in the title on the BBC Football homepage today
Old 12-09-21, 02:20 PM   #26464
Patricks_Berger
Fagan

There’s life in the old queen yet, sadly.
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 03:57 PM   #26465
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger View Post
There’s life in the old queen yet, sadly.

…a life sentence if there’s any justice.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 06:31 AM   #26466
danperkins

Quote:
What doesn’t make sense that the goalkeeper gifted them two goals? In another game Ronaldo would have had 1 shot on target and no goals scored for all the hype.
but he didn't, he scored two goals. In another life I would have a super yacht, but I don't.
Old 13-09-21, 06:35 AM   #26467
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post

he just an incredible talent and he may have lost a yard and he may not run as much as he used to but he is still absolutely clinical in front of goal and has adapted his game in recent years to get the best out of his body.

They will destroy alot of the fodder and will score lots of goals this season. We are all hoping egos get in the way at United but that might only happen if they start to lose... which hopefully they will. At the moment though, you would have to consider them rivals for the league with the squad they have.
Old 13-09-21, 09:18 AM   #26468
Patricks_Berger
Fagan

One player does not make a team, and his body will start failing him at the top level eventually. Hopefully soon.
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 09:35 AM   #26469
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger View Post
One player does not make a team, and his body will start failing him at the top level eventually. Hopefully soon.
That's why they have spent hundreds of millions and signed other players, nobody ever said one player does not make a team but when you have a Ronaldo or Messi in your team that are scoring 50 or 60 goals a season... it's hard to argue that one player does make one hell of a difference.

Ronaldo now is probably in better shape than most pro footballers and they still have signed one of the best in the world and one of the best of all time which seems to have set off some nostalgia too. Will his body give up at some point soon? Absolutely but until then you talk to any United fan, they are only delighted with this transfer window and so they should be. We are all just hoping egos kick in and shit hits the fan but not sure if I see it myself.
Old 13-09-21, 09:38 AM   #26470
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
That's why they have spent hundreds of millions and signed other players, nobody ever said one player does not make a team but when you have a Ronaldo or Messi in your team that are scoring 50 or 60 goals a season... it's hard to argue that one player does make one hell of a difference.

Ronaldo now is probably in better shape than most pro footballers and they still have signed one of the best in the world and one of the best of all time which seems to have set off some nostalgia too. Will his body give up at some point soon? Absolutely but until then you talk to any United fan, they are only delighted with this transfer window and so they should be. We are all just hoping egos kick in and shit hits the fan but not sure if I see it myself.
Some players just keep going -

Ronaldo
Milner
Ibrahimovic
Totti
Silva

Great players that remain top class close to their 40s!
Old 13-09-21, 09:43 AM   #26471
Fredo

United have more money to spend and they do whatever they like with it. Some of it will be well spent, some not. Ronaldo is a short term signing which they hope will bring them the title. United fans like to give it large anyway so suits them. Fuck them, it will be better beating them in this way than spending billions.

What grates though, is the constant moaning at our lot and constant eulogising at United’s attacking depth.
Old 13-09-21, 09:55 AM   #26472
RedReet

Quote:

Ole will be a bigger factor than egos IMO. Pogba was excellent LW first two games, but to get Sancho into the side, Pogba was dropped back into midfield and Wolves and Newcastle were able to get at them. With Ronaldo there, Pogba will definitely play CM more, unless Ole has the balls to start dropping him. Once Cavani, Rashford, Martial and everyone else is fit, be interesting to see how Ole sets up. Some will say it's a good problem to have, but that's if the manager is good enough to handle it.
Old 13-09-21, 10:06 AM   #26473
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Ole will be a bigger factor than egos IMO. Pogba was excellent LW first two games, but to get Sancho into the side, Pogba was dropped back into midfield and Wolves and Newcastle were able to get at them. With Ronaldo there, Pogba will definitely play CM more, unless Ole has the balls to start dropping him. Once Cavani, Rashford, Martial and everyone else is fit, be interesting to see how Ole sets up. Some will say it's a good problem to have, but that's if the manager is good enough to handle it.
I think they might have a problem in midfield against better teams, I read Bruno has a stat somewhere that he's easily run past, if you play him and Ronaldo, the other players have to pick up some slack, not sure if Pogba, Sancho/Rashford, Matic/MCT, are the players to do that.
Old 13-09-21, 10:13 AM   #26474
Fredo

Yep, one of the problems Ole will have is to keep everyone happy and have a continuum in their system and methods that he can hone over the course of the season, plus managing all these egos as RedReet mentioned, is not going to be easy and will cause issues in the long run. We can already see that Sancho is not right in this system yet, has hardly set the world alight. Then they have Martial, who is a regular in the French national side but hardly a regular at United. These players need games and rhythm and unless they're happy being rotated and played once in a while, I can see issues down the line.
Old 13-09-21, 10:21 AM   #26475
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Sancho must definitely be wondering what the immediate future holds.

When Rashford is back they will definitely have a lot of egos to keep happy. Rotation is an option, but not always so easy to get performance consistency. Could be a nice problem to have.

Hopefully a nightmare.
Old 13-09-21, 10:32 AM   #26476
RichC
Meh

Up top they've got some great options but the central midfield is still pretty weak and the defence isn't amazing IMO either, I've never been sold on Varane particularly and I didn't think he was great at the weekend.

They'll be in and around it though as they've got some serious firepower which will see them roll over a lot of sides in the league.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 10:38 AM   #26477
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Up top they've got some great options but the central midfield is still pretty weak and the defence isn't amazing IMO either, I've never been sold on Varane particularly and I didn't think he was great at the weekend.

They'll be in and around it though as they've got some serious firepower which will see them roll over a lot of sides in the league.

Don't think their central midfield is all that weak to be honest. It might be quite functional rather than eye catching, but it compliments the attack and back line well, and does the donkey work as well as if not better than at least the midfields of two thirds of the teams in the league.

Their back line is similar in my eyes. Very functional as well at times albeit to a higher level of being functional than their midfield, but again it is very effective.

Would argue that their squad as a whole actually underperforms a lot of the time and that the squad they had last season would have won the title if it was being coached/organised by a quality manager.
Old 13-09-21, 10:50 AM   #26478
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Don't think their central midfield is all that weak to be honest. It might be quite functional rather than eye catching, but it compliments the attack and back line well, and does the donkey work as well as if not better than at least the midfields of two thirds of the teams in the league.

Their back line is similar in my eyes. Very functional as well at times albeit to a higher level of being functional than their midfield, but again it is very effective.

Would argue that their squad as a whole actually underperforms a lot of the time and that the squad they had last season would have won the title if it was being coached/organised by a quality manager.
Midfield against Newcastle got cut through a few times at the weekend, neither Fred, Matic or McTomminay are up to it for me.

We'll see where they end up and I think they'll be in the shout this season for it but still some weaknesses in key areas and I'm far from convinced that Ole has it in him for the big games
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 10:54 AM   #26479
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Only 9 articles mentioning Ronaldo in the title on the BBC Football homepage today
Did vlahka write them all?
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 11:09 AM   #26480
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Midfield against Newcastle got cut through a few times at the weekend
So did ours, Leeds had several decent chances where they bypassed our midfield.

est1892 > Football > General Football