It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 12-07-19, 09:33 PM   #641
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
60% is literally a fraction

3/5ths

Haha! Yeah but a 'fraction of' when thinking it's a good deal is usually considered less than 50%, smart arse
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 11:00 PM   #642
ChesterDave
Paisley

In a barely related note it bothers me when John Virgo declares snooker to be a game all about fractions. Surely it's a game of angles?
Old 12-07-19, 11:01 PM   #643
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Haha! Yeah but a 'fraction of' when thinking it's a good deal is usually considered less than 50%, smart arse
Semantics
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 12:06 AM   #644
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Now Barcelona have signed Griezmann[who always looks like a tramp]. ..maybe LFC could if Klopp wants to bring back Couthino on the cheap....Barca must be skint now and they still owe LFC for Couthino
I’d take him back. Absolutely. Excellent player, only 27 and wouldn’t need any time to settle in.

Last edited by Rigadon; 13-07-19 at 12:11 AM.
Rigadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 08:21 AM   #645
Sus
Evans

I’m sure I read something about him not being able / willing to do the hard running required in a Klopp side. If that’s true then surely he wouldn’t be a good fit for us in 19/20, regardless of how talented he is
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 09:20 AM   #646
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
Bring him back, its absolute nonsense to proclaim he wouldn't fit in with us now. He made us a hell of a lot of money that paid for Virgil, and if we got him back for a fraction, everyone's a winner. I'd hate to see him waste his talent at some no mark club like Chelsea.

I wonder where we'd be if we'd had the prissiness that goes hand in hand with perpetual media now back when Rush left.

Imagine the opprobrium now across the bollocks Twattersphere if we had it when Souness left, or Barnes saying he'd like to play abroad. Its all a bit childish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I'd have him back absolutely.

It will really take Barca down a peg or two if he was to re-sign for less than half the fee.

He'd be incredible at the top of a midfield 3 with Fabinho and Wijnaldum.

Can cover the LW too.
Two good posts.

Actually a good point about the LW thing. Coutinho will add the creativity from midfield that everyone is crying out for as well as providing quality cover for front three. Would be perfect.

Unfortunately it's not going to happen.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 09:32 AM   #647
Phoenix07
The Normal One

But you know what Klopp's like regarding team unity and all that.

I wouldn't have him back anyway. He had a great 6 months prior to him leaving, but nah, not for me.

He'd suit Man Utd though. An underperforming giant with a point to prove.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 09:39 AM   #648
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Yeah can't see Klopp going back in for him after him leaving us. Sometimes the grass isn't greener. He's a top talent no doubts but not sure his style is what we are going for these days. Very interested to see where he will end up as he could end up fading into obscurity or reigniting his career.
Old 13-07-19, 10:52 AM   #649
Patricks_Berger
Benitez

Jurgen’s got a big heart, we’ve got big hearts, we are Liverpool. Of course he can come back.... at the right price.
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 11:43 AM   #650
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post
But you know what Klopp's like regarding team unity and all that.

I wouldn't have him back anyway. He had a great 6 months prior to him leaving, but nah, not for me.

He'd suit Man Utd though. An underperforming giant with a point to prove.
I think his teammates would welcome him back with open arms.

6 months?

Hope not, but either way he's not coming back here.
Old 14-07-19, 08:03 AM   #651
rodo
Shankly

Old 14-07-19, 08:31 AM   #652
Irishnev
Shankly

From a football perspective I’d love to have him back, he can play at attacking 8 or wide left. He score goals and his long shots are better than anyone in our squad.

But

He acted like an absolute cunt when he tried to force the move to Barca and it was all orchestrated by his scumbag agent Joorabchin. I’d want him to sack him as a clause for rejoining us.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 08:39 AM   #653
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
From a football perspective Id love to have him back, he can play at attacking 8 or wide left. He score goals and his long shots are better than anyone in our squad.

But

He acted like an absolute cunt when he tried to force the move to Barca and it was all orchestrated by his scumbag agent Joorabchin. Id want him to sack him as a clause for rejoining us.
Old 14-07-19, 09:07 AM   #654
spud_gun
Paisley

Lifted from a thread on Reddit. A summary of his shenanigans prior to his Barca move.

How anyone wants him back after this is utterly beyond me

Faked injury to avoid playing crucial CL qualifying matches (we hadn't qualified for the competition for a few seasons)

• went to international duty despite being too injured to play for us, and the team doctor there confirming his injury was "emotional", his teammates spoke of how sad he was, and he cried after scoring

• handed in a transfer request the day before our first match of the season, half an hour after Kia himself had leaked it to the press during Klopp's press conference

• gathered all the senior players into a meeting and begged them to speak to FSG on his behalf to let him leave, thus distracting them from their own pre-seasons as well as kicking up his own fuss

• had his camp leak stories of him and Klopp falling out while Klopp defended him endlessly to the media and fans

• flat-out said he would never play for the club again come January

• paid 10 million of his own money to leave
Old 14-07-19, 09:16 AM   #655
Gray
Dalglish

No chance Klopp will want him back
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 09:28 AM   #656
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Lifted from a thread on Reddit. A summary of his shenanigans prior to his Barca move.

Faked injury to avoid playing crucial CL qualifying matches (we hadn't qualified for the competition for a few seasons)

went to international duty despite being too injured to play for us, and the team doctor there confirming his injury was "emotional", his teammates spoke of how sad he was, and he cried after scoring

handed in a transfer request the day before our first match of the season, half an hour after Kia himself had leaked it to the press during Klopp's press conference

gathered all the senior players into a meeting and begged them to speak to FSG on his behalf to let him leave, thus distracting them from their own pre-seasons as well as kicking up his own fuss

had his camp leak stories of him and Klopp falling out while Klopp defended him endlessly to the media and fans

flat-out said he would never play for the club again come January

paid 10 million of his own money to leave
I forgot half of that

Football fans (me included) are fickle and we care about winning games and ultimately trophies. Barca is a dream move for South American players and it is their ultimate destination club. He acted like a cunt but it was Joorabchin who orchestrated it all. We got paid an absolute fortune and he has bombed - beautiful karma

We need goals from midfield and top quality wide forward cover, from a footballing perspective there isnt better out there than him to cover both roles. I get why he most likely wont come back because of how he treated the club. If we dont sign him then Im fine with it but if we did sign him Id also be happy because wed have a fired up Coutinho with a point to prove in a league he has dominated previously.

Oh and wed have fleeced Barca which is a nice added bonus
Old 14-07-19, 10:05 AM   #657
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
6 months?
I thought he was inconsistent, and could never be truly called world class. His last 6 months prior to his move were his most consistent times.

Anyway, when you look at who we were trying to replace him with (Fekir), and then the way Oxlade-Chamberlain slotted in too in terms of his style, he just doesn't quite fit what we're looking for (or we're looking for).

However, The Anfield Wrap rumour show pointed out that we keep talking about a quality back-up for Salah, Mane, and Firmino, yet in those last 6 months, we played all 4 of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho in a team.
Old 14-07-19, 10:35 AM   #658
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

• went to international duty despite being too injured to play for us, and the team doctor there confirming his injury was "emotional", his teammates spoke of how sad he was, and he cried after scoring

• handed in a transfer request the day before our first match of the season, half an hour after Kia himself had leaked it to the press during Klopp's press conference

• gathered all the senior players into a meeting and begged them to speak to FSG on his behalf to let him leave, thus distracting them from their own pre-seasons as well as kicking up his own fuss

• had his camp leak stories of him and Klopp falling out while Klopp defended him endlessly to the media and fans

• flat-out said he would never play for the club again come January

• paid 10 million of his own money to leave
The CL refusal was so as not to cup tie himself for Barca and I think from memory he went on to hardly feature for them in the CL

He's really weak, someone always seems to have a hold on him and don't think he'll ever become a man. We'd not win the league with him in the side, he's too self centred to put in the kind of selfless performances that are expected of him in Klopp's recent sides

Last edited by Norbs; 14-07-19 at 10:37 AM.
Old 14-07-19, 11:02 AM   #659
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

His behaviour has completely killed any thought of a return for me. But kids will still love him because he was a fantastic player for us, some cheered him during the Brazil game at Anfield last summer.

Considering all the shit he pulled, it unravelled pretty quickly for him. It would take a snake of a man to run/slither back so quickly considering he was so desperate to get there. Enjoy Phil.
Old 14-07-19, 12:05 PM   #660
Roanmore
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
The CL refusal was so as not to cup tie himself for Barca and I think from memory he went on to hardly feature for them in the CL

He's really weak, someone always seems to have a hold on him and don't think he'll ever become a man. We'd not win the league with him in the side, he's too self centred to put in the kind of selfless performances that are expected of him in Klopp's recent sides
He didn't play for them at all as he played in the group stages for us.
Roanmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 02:45 PM   #661
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanmore View Post
He didn't play for them at all as he played in the group stages for us.
Half right then
Old 14-07-19, 06:21 PM   #662
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Been stripped of the no 7 shirt - given to Griezmann
Twitter lied.....whod have guessed that

No 17

Old 14-07-19, 07:15 PM   #663
spud_gun
Paisley

That strip is horiffic
Old 14-07-19, 08:26 PM   #664
Tee
El Pistolero

They are leaving the 7 for Neymar....
Old 15-07-19, 07:53 AM   #665
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, has given his approval to a deal which would see him join former club Liverpool on a two-year loan deal with an option for the Reds to buy the Brazil international for 88m. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 08:26 AM   #666
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

So we'd buy him for 88m when he's about to turn 30. Seems legit.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 09:29 AM   #667
Gray
Dalglish

Loan him for 2 years then pass on the option to buy. Great business
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 09:31 AM   #668
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Tbf, I'd take that.

Sounds like something Italian clubs would normally do.
Old 15-07-19, 09:32 AM   #669
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Absolutely. I'd even be happy to see us pay a 10m a year loan fee but definitely would pass on the permanent deal for the whingey rat

Last edited by Norbs; 15-07-19 at 09:40 AM.
Old 15-07-19, 10:35 AM   #670
Bloodraven
Fagan

It's just a way for us to cook the books. They owe us something like 88m for him and we'll probably show a loss of 44m for the next two years and actually pay them nothing.
Bloodraven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 10:48 AM   #671
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

If that means we end up getting 60m for him and get him back then it's not a dreadful deal but not altogether great considering he's not kicked on. I'd be really surprised if Klopp wanted him, purely for the fuss he kicked up when he went
Old 15-07-19, 11:05 AM   #672
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

I'd take Ziyec (sp?) from Ajax for 30mil before having him back. I'd take Fekir and his broken knee. I'd take Erikson for the same sort of money. Coutinho is a MOTD player. He was heroic in an aspirational team, he's bang average in a team able to compete at the top. Not worth the money or the hassle or the back tracking on being fucked over.

Rush left with his head held high and came back past it and over the hill, failing to add to the legacy he'd built up. Coutinho has none of the collateral built up and is also half the player that left us.

Better options out there without all the baggage, nothing to do with twitter, its the difference between champo and real life.
Old 15-07-19, 11:07 AM   #673
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillobShaisley View Post
I'd take Ziyec (sp?) from Ajax for 30mil before having him back. I'd take Fekir and his broken knee. I'd take Erikson for the same sort of money. Coutinho is a MOTD player. He was heroic in an aspirational team, he's bang average in a team able to compete at the top. Not worth the money or the hassle or the back tracking on being fucked over.

Rush left with his head held high and came back past it and over the hill, failing to add to the legacy he'd built up. Coutinho has none of the collateral built up and is also half the player that left us.

Better options out there without all the baggage, nothing to do with twitter, its the difference between champo and real life.
Lock this thread

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 11:25 AM   #674
RedReet

Quote:

What a load of crap.

I'd expect that from a United supported, not somebody who should have actually been watching our games.

He was excellent the year we finished 2nd and was our player of the year the next two seasons running. He's also one of Brazil's best players and just won the Copa America with them.

Last edited by RedReet; 15-07-19 at 11:36 AM.
Old 15-07-19, 11:32 AM   #675
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

He's too slow for the wings and doesn't work enough for our midfield.

The idea that we 'need' more goals from midfield seems to ignore the fact we've scored shit loads since he left. I'd expect that from someone that hasn't seen us play the last 2 years.

He doesn't fit in our system, there's better options, better value, and he's a cunt.
Old 15-07-19, 11:38 AM   #676
RedReet

Quote:
He's too slow for the wings and doesn't work enough for our midfield.

The idea that we 'need' more goals from midfield seems to ignore the fact we've scored shit loads since he left. I'd expect that from someone that hasn't seen us play the last 2 years.

He doesn't fit in our system, there's better options, better value, and he's a cunt.
My bolding didn't work, I was specifically talking about the suggestion he wasn't a good player for us, but I also disagree with the rest, so best just leave it here...
Old 15-07-19, 11:56 AM   #677
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
My bolding didn't work, I was specifically talking about the suggestion he wasn't a good player for us, but I also disagree with the rest, so best just leave it here...

He was playing very well for us before he left, even with all the trouble he was causing.

I reckon its happening.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 11:57 AM   #678
BillobShaisley
Dalglish

OK my bad on the specific bit of highlighting, though you disagree all round so, we'll have to agree to disagree.

He is a good player, obviously. But not great, never was either. Not worth the money Barca paid or what they want for a sale and he's worth less to us than A N Other club because of the poor fit and the history. I really don't get the clamour for a return. Not quite as bad as those wanting judas Owen back after the way he left and all the injuries and obvious plunge in ability, but getting there!
Old 15-07-19, 12:30 PM   #679
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Was great for us but wouldn’t want him back, don’t think he’s much of a midfielder, just an attacker capable of passing well and if we go for another front 3 option I’d much rather someone around 20-24. Not a problem now but our current lot will all get old at the same time.

He’s also got no form to speak of for 18months so who knows if he can even recover.

Oh yeah and he’s a massive cunt. Risking everything we’d spent years working for by ducking out of the Hoffenheim games even though playing wouldn’t have cup tied him was proper shitty.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-19, 02:54 PM   #680
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

His Agent just said on Talksport that it is up to Liverpool to decide if their is a gap in the squad for Coutinho but a deal would be difficult.

est1892 > Football > General Football