It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 17-08-20, 08:47 PM   #1
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Neco Williams

RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-08-20, 09:14 PM   #2
Cormack74
Shankly

Dyb, dyb, dyb, dob, dob, dob.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-20, 09:19 PM   #3
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Tough gig to be a promising youngster and you have the incredible Trent Alexander Arnold in front of you. He'll get games but he's never edging ahead as first choice. He'll be praying they move trent to midfield.
Old 17-08-20, 10:25 PM   #4
Charly
Dalglish

How do you all think he compares to Tsimikas as 2nd choice fullback? He is a massive step down from TAA (who isnt, I guess). Our fullbacks are so important in what they provide to the team.

Id rather he went out on loan, as I seriously doubt he will see much game time... Especially if we sign Thiago, as we could move Fab to that position, although I am not sure his crossing is good enough either.
Old 17-08-20, 10:36 PM   #5
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
How do you all think he compares to Tsimikas as 2nd choice fullback? He is a massive step down from TAA (who isnt, I guess). Our fullbacks are so important in what they provide to the team.

Id rather he went out on loan, as I seriously doubt he will see much game time... Especially if we sign Thiago, as we could move Fab to that position, although I am not sure his crossing is good enough either.
I think he looked nearly as good a Trent did when he was just coming out of the academy. I really like the look of him.
Old 18-08-20, 01:11 AM   #6
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Id rather he went out on loan, as I seriously doubt he will see much game time...
Why would you rather he goes on loan? We need back up for right back, and from Iíve seen heís a top quality back up option..

He has the opportunity to learn from the best right back in the world, and will get game time in the cups, and maybe some time here and there off the bench..
Old 18-08-20, 09:02 AM   #7
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Why would you rather he goes on loan? We need back up for right back, and from Iíve seen heís a top quality back up option..

He has the opportunity to learn from the best right back in the world, and will get game time in the cups, and maybe some time here and there off the bench..
Agree, also this is exactly what we need from the academy, him, Jones and Brewster stepping up, starting as back up players and hopefully save us a bundle in the future.
Old 18-08-20, 10:27 AM   #8
frank the tank
Shankly

if trent was to pull a hammy, then we will need Neco.

The squad evolution has been brilliant...... in the last couple of years, we've had Clyne, Lovren, Sturridge, Lallana, Mignolet all leave. There's probably half a million a week in wages there. If by pushing top youngsters like Neco, Jones, Elliot, Brewster through to give us squad depth, we also have wage capacity to go for a Thaigo-type signing, then that is class.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-20, 12:31 PM   #9
Charly
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Why would you rather he goes on loan? We need back up for right back, and from Iíve seen heís a top quality back up.
TAA only developed because he got consistant game time which Nico is not going to get while we are chasing Leagues and Champions Leagues.

Also, I am not fond of subbing defenders halfway through a game. I think a loan would allow him to develop his game far more quickly than playing in a few cup games.

I think loans for Wilson and Brewster have done them a huge amount of credit, and will have set them up for a greater role this season (be it with us or another loan or transfer).

I personally love the idea of as many local lads in the side as possible, but they will need some game time to reach the required level ... and we are now talking the best team in the world, not some fucked up Souness team.

Perhaps I give "game time" too much credit, and "Klopp training time" is worth more (Robertson).

I guess I like to see our kids in action. Id say the same thing about Jones (Harvey being a bit younger). Also, I am sure the players themselves may feel some frustration not being able to play.

Also...

I think Milner's wide delivery may make him a better backup for next season. If our fullbacks dont play well or get crosses into the box we seem to struggle. I think it has been this part of Klopps tactics that has turned us into Champions (although Klopp might begin to adapt, as other teams have latched onto this).

Last edited by Charly; 18-08-20 at 12:36 PM.
Charly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-20, 02:17 PM   #10
Catrin
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
I think he looked nearly as good a Trent did when he was just coming out of the academy. I really like the look of him.
Necoís crossing in particular looked very good.
Old 18-08-20, 04:09 PM   #11
Charly
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
Necoís crossing in particular looked very good.
If that is true, then he should fit the system well
Old 19-08-20, 05:08 AM   #12
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
TAA only developed because he got consistant game time which Nico is not going to get while we are chasing Leagues and Champions Leagues.

Also, I am not fond of subbing defenders halfway through a game. I think a loan would allow him to develop his game far more quickly than playing in a few cup games.

I think loans for Wilson and Brewster have done them a huge amount of credit, and will have set them up for a greater role this season (be it with us or another loan or transfer).

I personally love the idea of as many local lads in the side as possible, but they will need some game time to reach the required level ... and we are now talking the best team in the world, not some fucked up Souness team.

Perhaps I give "game time" too much credit, and "Klopp training time" is worth more (Robertson).

I guess I like to see our kids in action. Id say the same thing about Jones (Harvey being a bit younger). Also, I am sure the players themselves may feel some frustration not being able to play.

Also...

I think Milner's wide delivery may make him a better backup for next season. If our fullbacks dont play well or get crosses into the box we seem to struggle. I think it has been this part of Klopps tactics that has turned us into Champions (although Klopp might begin to adapt, as other teams have latched onto this).

Valid points about his development, but itís debatable - as you say depends on whether you place more value on playing time or klopp training time.. I think he will get some game time with us (not as much as if he goes on loan) but think training with the team, especially with Trent would be very valuable for him, especially given that he plays a similar style to Trent. What young player wouldnít want to work with the best in the world in his position!!

Iíd rather see him stay, mainly for the good of the team moreso than his own development. Yes Milner, Fabinho, hendo could all cover right back in an emergency but why put square pegs in triangular holes when we donít have to. Some would argue that when clyne went on loan right before Trent/Gomez got injured, last season, it cost us the title!! From what Iíve seen of him, Neco is already class and (god forbid) if Trent got injured for a few games, weíd be fuming if neco was bossing it in the championship or wherever...

Also Iíd like to see us give the cups a good go this year- mainly cos itís good experience for squad players. Obv Trent isnít gonna be playing many cup games- again Iíd rather see neco in there than anyone played out of position, especially as he plays the same style as Trent..
Old 19-08-20, 12:32 PM   #13
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

The way we train isn't like most teams, we train as though it was match day and playing against the likes of Mane, Firmino and Salah day in and day out can only improve you as a player.
Old 19-08-20, 03:56 PM   #14
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
The way we train isn't like most teams, we train as though it was match day and playing against the likes of Mane, Firmino and Salah day in and day out can only improve you as a player.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-20, 08:05 AM   #15
EwarWoo
Paisley

I feel for the lad.

He's looking like he could be the real deal, but even if he ends up the 2nd best RB in the world he'll still be the 2nd best RB at Liverpool. And TAA is only 2 years older than him so it's not like he'll retire and leave the spot open.

He has no way of making it to first choice and will quite possibly be too good to be a bench player. He's destined to leave.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-20, 08:30 AM   #16
dizzycat
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
I feel for the lad.

He's looking like he could be the real deal, but even if he ends up the 2nd best RB in the world he'll still be the 2nd best RB at Liverpool. And TAA is only 2 years older than him so it's not like he'll retire and leave the spot open.

He has no way of making it to first choice and will quite possibly be too good to be a bench player. He's destined to leave.
I think Trent could easily move into midfield as his career progresses. Neco may not have long to wait for his chance.

Last edited by dizzycat; 21-08-20 at 08:32 AM.
dizzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-20, 08:36 AM   #17
EwarWoo
Paisley

Klopp places too much value on the FB. He'd move the 2nd best long before the best.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-20, 11:15 AM   #18
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
I feel for the lad.

Batman & Robin.
Frodo & Sam.
Sherlock & Watson.
Gervais & Pilkington.
Hamilton & Bottas.
Serena & Venus.
Alisson & Muriel Becker.

We need our companions, who elevate us to new heights.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 09:10 PM   #19
Exiled_red
Paisley

Making his Wales debut as a sub today against Finland
Old 06-09-20, 03:52 PM   #20
Reece

Just scored an injury time winner for Wales
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 06-09-20, 04:13 PM   #21
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 04:31 PM   #22
Exiled_red
Paisley

Good for him, it will hopefully boost his confidence ahead of the new season. Was he playing RB or RM?
Old 06-09-20, 05:05 PM   #23
Liverpool
Paisley

lets hope he kicks on like Woodburn did after his Wales winner
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 02:30 AM   #24
Harv
Randy Marsh

Poor ol' Woodburn. Never kicked on did he, sent out on loan to Bognor Regis or some shit and never heard from again.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 06:25 AM   #25
Irishnev
Paisley

Apparently he was getting loads of abuse in social media post game and had to black out his account (not sure exactly what that does)......the point being we have some fucking dopey pricks as “fans”
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 06:45 AM   #26
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Apparently he was getting loads of abuse in social media post game and had to black out his account (not sure exactly what that does)......the point being we have some fucking dopey pricks as ďfansĒ
He had a shocker but he's only a kid ffs.
Old 25-09-20, 07:02 AM   #27
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Wasnt really a shocker though was it. He just wasn't as dynamic as he's shown before
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 07:19 AM   #28
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Wasnt really a shocker though was it. He just wasn't as dynamic as he's shown before
He switched off a bit defensively and was caught a few times but shocker is a bit OTT Dan
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 07:23 AM   #29
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Apparently he was getting loads of abuse in social media post game and had to black out his account (not sure exactly what that does)......the point being we have some fucking dopey pricks as ďfansĒ
That's so fricking stupid. No wonder kids go crazy and lose confidence. I hope he makes it after a promising start. Don't want another Flanno.
Old 25-09-20, 07:24 AM   #30
Fivex
The Wisp

Yeah letís not encourage him to black out his est1892 login
Old 25-09-20, 07:26 AM   #31
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Yeah letís not encourage him to black out his est1892 login
Old 25-09-20, 07:32 AM   #32
Exiled_red
Paisley

He didn't have a shocker, sure he had a couple of defensive lapses and his crossing was a bit off, but he's a kid who has only played a handful of games, inconsistency goes with the teratory. It was a makeshift team that won the game comfortably, some people need to get a grip.
Old 25-09-20, 07:32 AM   #33
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I thought he was poor offensively and got caught out a few times defensively. But why would some fuckwits abuse him ffs. Heís only a kid and learning the game. This kind of stuff puts me off football.
Old 25-09-20, 07:51 AM   #34
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I thought he was poor offensively and got caught out a few times defensively. But why would some fuckwits abuse him ffs. Heís only a kid and learning the game. This kind of stuff puts me off football.
Itís wider than just football but yeah.

If his head is on right heíll use as fuel to improve. No better person than our captain to teach him that.
Old 25-09-20, 08:02 AM   #35
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Itís wider than just football but yeah.

If his head is on right heíll use as fuel to improve. No better person than our captain to teach him that.

Yeah, I agree thatís itís a wider issue.

Williams will improve and itís important that we keep getting involved in the competition to give these lads game time.
Old 25-09-20, 08:43 AM   #36
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Seems to have the physical tools, needs to work on his tactical discipline / game intelligence. These are things that can be coached to a large extent. Think he suffers from the hype about him being the next Trent.
Old 25-09-20, 08:55 AM   #37
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

He's from Cefn Mawr which isn't far from Llangollen where the missus is from, only a small place - mental really!

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.

Last edited by Slinky Skills; 25-09-20 at 09:05 AM.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-20, 09:23 AM   #38
brightred
Befuddled

I love mental places. Where exactly is Cefn Mawr?
Is it far from Holyhead?
Old 25-09-20, 09:40 AM   #39
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

It's Welsh for Croydon
Old 25-09-20, 09:40 AM   #40
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
It's Welsh for Croydon

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC