It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 21-06-21, 05:27 PM   #81
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

I thought he was terrible last night. I think we'd be lucky if we got ten million for him.

He doesn't look very well to me, genuine how he looks a bit ill.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 21-06-21, 05:28 PM   #82
ChesterDave
Paisley

10m and 10m alone seems too much of a throwaway from us. Surely there would be a sell-on and/or buy back clause too
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 05:47 PM   #83
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Certainly doesn't look like LFC 1st team standard, so 10m plus a sell on clause I'd be happy with.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 05:55 PM   #84
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Certainly doesn't look like LFC 1st team standard, so 10m plus a sell on clause I'd be happy with.

Got a mistake in him. Always looks like he is playing at 110% just to keep involved. I like him. But I'd not lose any sleep if he moves on.

Means we need RB cover though.
Old 21-06-21, 05:56 PM   #85
Pepe79
Shankly

Dont mind selling him, but only if it means replacing him.

Also hope this touting him for sale doesn't mean we're struggling to shift the likes of Origi again.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 06:22 PM   #86
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Gomez is no right back cover. Just go out and a buy decent cover. Otherwise we know what will happen, trent will be out for the season and we'll be left with milner playing every game.
Old 21-06-21, 07:09 PM   #87
labourRed
Shankly

10m for a defender that can't defend is decent business. But yeah, best put that to a new signing or otherwise stick.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 07:21 PM   #88
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
10m for a defender that can't defend is decent business. But yeah, best put that to a new signing or otherwise stick.
I'm all for selling him, I don't think he's very good but we do need decent cover not stop gaps. Our whole system and attack depends on the fullbacks getting forward and providing crosses. Gomez is not doing this nor is milner.
Old 21-06-21, 08:48 PM   #89
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Gomez is no right back cover. Just go out and a buy decent cover. Otherwise we know what will happen, trent will be out for the season and we'll be left with milner playing every game.
Gomez at RB should not be considered an option
Old 21-06-21, 09:11 PM   #90
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Agreed. But neither should Neco Williams
Old 22-06-21, 04:15 AM   #91
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

I think Neco will move into midfield, maybe a defensive midfield type.
Old 22-06-21, 07:21 AM   #92
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I’m thinking solar panel installer.
Old 22-06-21, 08:58 AM   #93
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Im thinking solar panel installer.
On the north pole
Old 22-06-21, 10:09 AM   #94
Angryred
Dalglish

There is obviously better talent coming up for right back at Liverpool than Neco right now so he's done a job & got some medals but thanks for the service & mind the door on the way out.
Old 22-06-21, 12:44 PM   #95
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
There is obviously better talent coming up for right back at Liverpool than Neco right now so he's done a job & got some medals but thanks for the service & mind the door on the way out.
Who are you thinking of?

(I am not disagreeing; it is just that we MUST have cover at right-back and I'd thought that Neco was a year ago considered good enough to be cover. He has not progressed over the last year but, frankly, who has? However, if he won't stay. we need someone who can play that position and not let us down and I didn't think we had any one as advanced as Neco.)
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 12:59 PM   #96
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
Who are you thinking of?

(I am not disagreeing; it is just that we MUST have cover at right-back and I'd thought that Neco was a year ago considered good enough to be cover. He has not progressed over the last year but, frankly, who has? However, if he won't stay. we need someone who can play that position and not let us down and I didn't think we had any one as advanced as Neco.)
We don't, and if you take kids from the youth team, bring them up and don't play them then they won't develop.
Old 22-06-21, 06:37 PM   #97
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Who are you thinking of?

Isn't there some mention of Conor Bradley?... Then there is Sean Wilson who has been doing well at underage & U23s whereas Conor Bradley has been getting exposure at international football with Northern Ireland at a senior level.
Old 22-06-21, 07:04 PM   #98
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Isn't there some mention of Conor Bradley?... Then there is Sean Wilson who has been doing well at underage & U23s whereas Conor Bradley has been getting exposure at international football with Northern Ireland at a senior level.
Conor Bradley is 17, hes had about 5 mins with the Northern Ireland senior team in a friendly. Hes still a way behind Neco Williams in his development.

Sean Wilson is still mostly playing at U18 level and so appears to be behind even Bradley at this stage.
Old 22-06-21, 07:11 PM   #99
ric.williams
Fagan

sure he doesnt look great but i think its difficult to judge players in the system that is played. I often ask 'wheres trent?' as he is miles up field leaving a massive gap. Neco filled in a few games and did exactly the same. its clearly under instruction in the system. Look at Gini for Netherlands! Looks a totally different player playing a different role in a system for the team
ric.williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-21, 07:15 PM   #100
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Conor Bradley is 17, hes had about 5 mins with the Northern Ireland senior team in a friendly. Hes still a way behind Neco Williams in his development.

Sean Wilson is still mostly playing at U18 level and so appears to be behind even Bradley at this stage.
Well, they are rated by the LFC Staff so if they are happy enough to let Neco go then these lads must be doing alright!
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 22-06-21, 07:21 PM   #101
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Well, they are rated by the LFC Staff so if they are happy enough to let Neco go then these lads must be doing alright!
We may be happy to let Neco go, but even if we do I massively doubt its got anything to do with either of these 2 lads for next season, or even the next few seasons.
Old 22-06-21, 07:39 PM   #102
Liverpool
Paisley

If Brighton cashed in Lampety and bought Neco to play right in that 343 he'd do well. He's not good enough as conventional right back.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-21, 10:32 AM   #103
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
We may be happy to let Neco go, but even if we do I massively doubt its got anything to do with either of these 2 lads for next season, or even the next few seasons.
Would someone like Max Aarons interest you?
Old 23-06-21, 11:01 AM   #104
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Would someone like Max Aarons interest you?
If he were happy to be a 2nd choice and we were able to throw 30m on back ups, yeah
Old 23-06-21, 02:55 PM   #105
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
If he were happy to be a 2nd choice and we were able to throw 30m on back ups, yeah
Think TAA will be earmarked for the midfield positions in the next couple of years...
Old 23-06-21, 03:02 PM   #106
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Think TAA will be earmarked for the midfield positions in the next couple of years...
Possibly, I dont its a certainty that happens though.

Either way, we wont be spending big on a fullback anytime soon.
Old 23-06-21, 03:32 PM   #107
Paul12
Benitez

Fab can play right back of course.
Old 23-06-21, 04:05 PM   #108
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Fab can play right back of course.
He can and CB too, but after last season I think were all agreed that we want to be able to keep our best defensive midfielder in midfield now
Old 24-06-21, 09:48 AM   #109
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
He can and CB too, but after last season I think were all agreed that we want to be able to keep our best defensive midfielder in midfield now
Oh definitely!...contributed to our 6 losses at home in a row!
Old 24-06-21, 10:38 AM   #110
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Would be surprised if that happened under Klopp, if at all.

TAA is top class in his current position and in midfield he would lose the same space to run into that he has from RB and his ability to link play from deep would be removed.

He would also have an awful lot less time on the ball and his ability to dictate attacking play from wide would be removed.

Not to mention the small matter of trying to find someone as good or better to replace him at RB if he moved to midfield. Think it would be easier to find a top class midfielder than it would be to replace TAA at RB.

Think the only guys I would gamble on replacing him at RB if he was pushed into midfield would be someone on the level of Kimmich (who we would not get) or maybe someone like Hakimi (who looks like he is about to move to France).
Old 24-06-21, 08:38 PM   #111
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Would be surprised if that happened under Klopp, if at all.

TAA is top class in his current position and in midfield he would lose the same space to run into that he has from RB and his ability to link play from deep would be removed.

He would also have an awful lot less time on the ball and his ability to dictate attacking play from wide would be removed.

Not to mention the small matter of trying to find someone as good or better to replace him at RB if he moved to midfield. Think it would be easier to find a top class midfielder than it would be to replace TAA at RB.

Think the only guys I would gamble on replacing him at RB if he was pushed into midfield would be someone on the level of Kimmich (who we would not get) or maybe someone like Hakimi (who looks like he is about to move to France).
Given how important the full backs are to our system and how well he is doing there, I don't see Klopp moving him, unless he can find another RB who is at least as effective or we chsnge the system.
Old 25-06-21, 05:25 PM   #112
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Why would we move him?! Makes no sense at all. He's a brilliant RB that influences a game like no other RB since Cafu / Dani Alves.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-21, 05:38 PM   #113
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Why would we move him?! Makes no sense at all. He's a brilliant RB that influences a game like no other RB since Cafu / Dani Alves.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 09:33 AM   #114
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
I agree that he is a "brilliant RB that influences a game like no other RB since Cafu / Dani Alves". And, although defending isn't his strongest suit, he is getting better at it and does not compromise our defensive style at all. But....

...the goal he scored against Villa is a reminder that, as a midfielder, he would be a goal threat some distance out (the first such midfield threat we have had since Lil' Phil) and I have thought for a while that we need that threat to stop teams sitting too deep. So I think we should be looking for him to do a couple of things over the next 12 months: improve his left foot and develop his midfield skills sufficiently that he can start wandering in from the wing should the game need it.
Old 26-06-21, 11:58 AM   #115
RichC
Meh

For me it’s a misnomer about his defending, he’s an excellent defender but commentators and the like pick up on it due to the way we play and how attacking we’re set up from the fullback positions.

He’s clearly capable of playing in midfield but would he be as effective and what would we potentially lose from him moving there ? He’s essentially unique for that position at the moment and as it’s stands how we play we get the most from him at full back
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 12:32 PM   #116
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
For me its a misnomer about his defending, hes an excellent defender but commentators and the like pick up on it due to the way we play and how attacking were set up from the fullback positions.

Hes clearly capable of playing in midfield but would he be as effective and what would we potentially lose from him moving there ? Hes essentially unique for that position at the moment and as its stands how we play we get the most from him at full back

Old 26-06-21, 12:58 PM   #117
labourRed
Shankly

It's quite confusing talking about a worldie of a RB in the trent thread.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 01:17 PM   #118
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Good point, to help clear the confusion.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-21, 01:22 PM   #119
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

Yeah. The above posts now make sense!
Old 26-06-21, 05:38 PM   #120
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Do you mean the Williams thread?
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC