It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 15-04-21, 12:14 PM   #2161
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Was that meant to be funny?

No, it was meant to call out your crappy attitude - seriously “what the actual fuck is going on with this fella”. He’s having a dip in form- for the first time in his 5 year spell at the club - It happens. As someone else pointed out, he always puts a shift in, is giving it his all. So, it’s not like we can fault his attitude. It’s a crazy season and there could be a lot of contributing factors.
Old 15-04-21, 12:44 PM   #2162
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

I think criticism of Mane's form/lack of end product is fair game tbh but do agree that has to be tempered somewhat by an acknowledgement of what may be causing said poor form.

Do think the past 12 months is showing up which players (at all clubs and not just our club) have ridiculous levels of mental and physical fortitude and which players may be struggling a bit due to a number of very valid potential reasons.

This next comment might seem a bit unfair in some ways, but I do think the past 12 months has highlighted some players at other clubs as being good targets to go for after seeing how they have responded on the pitch to how the world has been.

I know people are all individuals and each will have different circumstances to contend with and different levels of support etc., but some people do thrive more than others under adversity (Salah being an obvious example in our squad) and a few more of them in the team would benefit the team on our good days and also benefit the squad on our bad days as we would have a few more shoulders to bear the collective weight and maybe be in a position to cut those finding things a bit tough a little more slack.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 12:49 PM   #2163
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He’s the one to sell IMO. We need to freshen up the front line and salah is the only one we have to keep. He will sell for good money and it looks like we’ve had his best years.
Old 15-04-21, 01:00 PM   #2164
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
He’s the one to sell IMO. We need to freshen up the front line and salah is the only one we have to keep. He will sell for good money and it looks like we’ve had his best years.

Yeah if an offer of say 150m was on the table I think I would take it and try to bring in maybe Sancho and Martinez for about 70 to 75m apiece.

Salah for me is the one we keep as long as possible. If Salah wants to stay then let him see out his career with us. I suspect he is going to be one of those players whose fitness and output levels last a few years longer than would be expected for the position he plays in.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Old 15-04-21, 01:34 PM   #2165
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Yeah if an offer of say 150m was on the table I think I would take it and try to bring in maybe Sancho and Martinez for about 70 to 75m apiece.

Salah for me is the one we keep as long as possible. If Salah wants to stay then let him see out his career with us. I suspect he is going to be one of those players whose fitness and output levels last a few years longer than would be expected for the position he plays in.
£150m?? You’d be mad not to cash in for that!

He’s just turned 29 and also coming off a bad season. It’d be more like £80-90m now. That’d still be very good business.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 01:50 PM   #2166
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

If according to the op he’s that shite, then we might not get more than £10m for him.
Old 15-04-21, 02:50 PM   #2167
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
£150m?? You’d be mad not to cash in for that!

He’s just turned 29 and also coming off a bad season. It’d be more like £80-90m now. That’d still be very good business.

Yeah the 150m is probably just a tad optimistic alright

But the flip side of that is that on form he would be a mega money transfer fee player.

Let's just split the difference between your fee and mine and say 120 million.

Do think you would get more for Mane than what someone like Sancho (just picking him as an example again) would cost.

Old 15-04-21, 03:40 PM   #2168
Pepe79
Shankly

If Sancho and Mane were both to move this summer, I’d don’t think Mane would go for anymore than Sancho. Just because Sancho has years ahead of him and resale value.

I don’t think we’d go for Sancho now anyway. We’d be more likely to identify someone who profiles similarly but with less hype around them and getable for much less. Like we did with Jota, or Mane when we got him from Southampton.
Old 15-04-21, 03:48 PM   #2169
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
If Sancho and Mane were both to move this summer, I’d don’t think Mane would go for anymore than Sancho. Just because Sancho has years ahead of him and resale value.

I don’t think we’d go for Sancho now anyway. We’d be more likely to identify someone who profiles similarly but with less hype around them and getable for much less. Like we did with Jota, or Mane when we got him from Southampton.
It's not just the age and resale value (although they are big factors) Sancho will go for big money partly because he's English and English clubs are willing to pay a premium for that. I'd be interested to see who other than the English clubs are in for him and if they'd be willing to go near him at the price that the English clubs are willing to pay, I think that will tell you alot...
Old 15-04-21, 04:10 PM   #2170
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
No, it was meant to call out your crappy attitude - seriously “what the actual fuck is going on with this fella”. He’s having a dip in form- for the first time in his 5 year spell at the club - It happens. As someone else pointed out, he always puts a shift in, is giving it his all. So, it’s not like we can fault his attitude. It’s a crazy season and there could be a lot of contributing factors.
Never criticised his attitude, work rate and character and never will, he is my favorite LFC player. His form has fallen off a cliff this season, we are talking about a one of the top 10 players in the world the last few years here and unplayable on his day, not some random plodder. His decline in form is absolutely bizarre and he has been like this pretty much season. Me saying what is going on with him is a perfectly valid question & every Liverpool and football fan is asking the same question.
Old 15-04-21, 04:12 PM   #2171
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Bollocks. You sent me a PM saying you thought Mane was a lazy nob and that he cheats at scrabble.

Old 15-04-21, 04:52 PM   #2172
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Was just using Sancho as a high profile (sort of) name to use as an example although I do think Mane would fetch more than him if both were for sale in the summer as I think the Bundesliga is a league that will see a few bigger name players going for lower prices this summer than if they were playing in England or Spain as I think that league has been hit harder financially by the last 12 months than the PL has, though not as hard as the likes of Ligue 1 has.

Do think we would go for a different player than Sancho if we sold Mane in the morning but used Sancho as my bigger name younger example rather than throwing in another big but young obvious name like Vinicius.

Think if we did sell Mane then we would go out and look for someone who was showing a lot of the same underlying metrics that the likes of Salah, Jota, and Mane were showing rather than a younger attacker who is showing a lot of very high scoring more obvious stats. Think it is the guy who is slighly underperforming on some of those underlying stats in a weaker team that we tend to target and Jota/Mane/Salah were doing that for their respective tems before joining us. Funnily enough, and I do not think we would have a chance of getting him, Vinicius actually has racked up similar underlying stats the past two season for Real that the likes of Salah was showing from his time with Basel to his first season on loan in Serie A and to what Jota was showing at Porto.

Neto is another who was reported to be showing very similar underlying figures to Jota at the same age too.

Old 15-04-21, 05:07 PM   #2173
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Bollocks. You sent me a PM saying you thought Mane was a lazy nob and that he cheats at scrabble.

Old 15-04-21, 05:10 PM   #2174
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I’ve watched Neto a few times this season and just don’t see it.
Old 15-04-21, 05:16 PM   #2175
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I’ve watched Neto a few times this season and just don’t see it.

Not saying I see it either. Just saying that some of the more analytics types have chatted about the similarities.

From the few times I have seen him I have seen a tidy player but not one that had me hoping he was the next player we went for or anything like that.

Then again the same heads were raving about Robertson's underlying stats as a left back showing he had the potential to defend well and also be an assist machine when his move to us was announced and I simply could not see that either at the time going by the little I saw of him playing for Hull.

I remember thinking or posting at the time that he looked more a back up level player

Old 15-04-21, 06:25 PM   #2176
danperkins

I like Neto, live wire, pacey, unpredictable & lovely left foot. Only a kid too. Might miss the Euros now with his knee injury which is bad knee for the fella. Next season will be a big one for him to see if he can carry on the hype.
Old 15-04-21, 06:56 PM   #2177
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Never criticised his attitude, work rate and character and never will, he is my favorite LFC player. His form has fallen off a cliff this season, we are talking about a one of the top 10 players in the world the last few years here and unplayable on his day, not some random plodder. His decline in form is absolutely bizarre and he has been like this pretty much season. Me saying what is going on with him is a perfectly valid question & every Liverpool and football fan is asking the same question.

Agreed that his form has been terrible this year. Agree that it’s a perfectly valid question to say what’s going on with him, one I’ve asked myself. As you say, what makes it so bizarre is the fact that he’s been a top 10 player in the world, the last few seasons.

I personally interpreted your original post as being passive aggressive “what is going on with Sadio” is different to “what the actual fuck is going on with THIS FELLA”. Whatever, maybe I need to assume positive intentions.. I’m happy to drop it...
Old 15-04-21, 07:02 PM   #2178
fidget
Shankly

The poor fella has had covid, has been isolated from his family and hasn't been able to go to the mosque which was a big part of his social life.
To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 08:17 PM   #2179
danperkins

Quote:

Agreed that his form has been terrible this year. Agree that it’s a perfectly valid question to say what’s going on with him, one I’ve asked myself. As you say, what makes it so bizarre is the fact that he’s been a top 10 player in the world, the last few seasons.

I personally interpreted your original post as being passive aggressive “what is going on with Sadio” is different to “what the actual fuck is going on with THIS FELLA”. Whatever, maybe I need to assume positive intentions.. I’m happy to drop it...
I think sometimes I post as if I am saying it and it can come across different when in text. All good mate
Old 16-04-21, 05:13 AM   #2180
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

If he's suffering from long Covid then why the fuck are we playing him? He surely can't be more effective than Origi through the middle?
Old 16-04-21, 08:43 AM   #2181
Pepe79
Shankly

Have you seen Origi?
Old 16-04-21, 10:47 AM   #2182
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Have you seen Origi?

Old 11-05-21, 02:49 PM   #2183
Pepe79
Shankly

Old 11-05-21, 03:05 PM   #2184
Maxiedge
Shankly

I always thought he had long Covid. Pre-covid he was on fire. This was start of season. He's been poor since he's come back. I dunno. Who knows. It's mad that so many footballers have had it but there doesn't seem to be a discussion about it and any lingering effects.

Saying that, there have bee signs that he's getting back to his best along with Trent and Robbo, although Robbo didn't have Covid.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 03:24 PM   #2185
vlahka
Still sulking...

He could fall over a bit less.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:26 AM   #2186
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
He could fall over a bit less.
He gets nothing from the Refs cause he’s well known to them now.
Old 13-05-21, 11:17 AM   #2187
Tribute
Shankly

Heard from a good source the other day that none of the Premier League footballers have had the vaccine yet (nor any other elite sports athletes) as the medical teams are all waiting to see what the side effects are and if there are any long-term after effects to high performing sports stars.

I'd never thought about it that way... hypothetically, if a specific side-effect badly affected elite sports stars long-term or later in their career from having these early market vaccines now, the sport (clubs and players) would potentially suffer massive financial losses... and there could be many players and clubs affected.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 01:44 PM   #2188
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

They are waiting for their age bracket to come up like the rest of us.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 02:07 PM   #2189
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
They are waiting for their age bracket to come up like the rest of us.

YNWA

Even Milner?
Old 13-05-21, 02:08 PM   #2190
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Haha maybe Millie has had his. Covid would be afraid of Millie. He is like Chuck Noris.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 06:19 PM   #2191
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
Haha maybe Millie has had his. Covid would be afraid of Millie. He is like Chuck Noris.

YNWA

Hahaha Milner doesn’t catch covid, covid catches Milner
Old 13-05-21, 06:25 PM   #2192
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Hahaha Milner doesn’t catch covid, covid catches Milner

Millie doesn't have the vaccine injected, an empty syringe gets a dose of Millie's blood
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:34 PM   #2193
S-RED
Dalglish

Oh Sadio.............. silly boy
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:41 PM   #2194
labourRed
Shankly

Yeah. By your own admission you've played shite this season. A consequence of that is you're likely to be dropped.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:44 PM   #2195
Liverpool
Paisley

a nicely rested fired Sadio for the final 3 games, yes please

Mo also looks in the mood for the fight.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:52 PM   #2196
Mr Pink
Benitez

Dunno what the hell his problem was- the 3 strikers that started all scored, he missed a one on one, when he came on. I was annoyed when I saw he wasn’t starting, but klopp got it spot on.

In any case, if you’re not happy after the game, at least shake hands ffs, instead of making klopp have to answer questions about it in his post match interview... it’s a team sport Sadio, we win as a team.

3 winnable but fuckin critical games coming up- we don’t need any drama in the camp.
Old 13-05-21, 11:34 PM   #2197
vlahka
Still sulking...

Sell him. Nobody ignores a klopp fist bump. Not even a utd player.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 08:11 AM   #2198
SB
Paisley

Petulant child wasn’t he. You just don’t do that to the gaffer.
Old 14-05-21, 08:27 AM   #2199
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

It’s fine, he was a bit angry that Klopp changed his decision last minute.
Old 14-05-21, 08:33 AM   #2200
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
It’s fine, he was a bit angry that Klopp changed his decision last minute.
The day before wasn’t it? Thought it odd that he wouldn’t have been told prior, think it was just Jurgens way of defusing the situation.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC