It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-21, 11:15 PM   #241
Corndog
Fagan
 
Corndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
Carra and Neville are becoming more of a joke with every werk. They can wax lyrical about being for the fans all day but it doesn't change the fact that both were part of the problem as players who benefited from the commercialisation of football who sent ridiculously high wages.

Their rhetoric is embarrassing as is their apologist attitude towards the idiots who broke into the stadium
__________________
Y.N.W.A!!!!!!

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:27 PM   #242
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
Carra and Neville are becoming more of a joke with every werk. They can wax lyrical about being for the fans all day but it doesn't change the fact that both were part of the problem as players who benefited from the commercialisation of football who sent ridiculously high wages.

Their rhetoric is embarrassing as is their apologist attitude towards the idiots who broke into the stadium

I wouldn’t hold it against them for benefiting from it- could also say we’re all part of the problem for supporting it...

But I agree about them becoming more of a joke with every week! Carragher annoys me more so- maybe cos he’s one of us, but I find them both really irritable- and 2/3 years ago, I thought they were both really good pundits too..
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:30 PM   #243
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I wouldn’t hold it against them for benefiting from it- could also say we’re all part of the problem for supporting it...

But I agree about them becoming more of a joke with every week! Carragher annoys me more so- maybe cos he’s one of us, but I find them both really irritable- and 2/3 years ago, I thought they were both really good pundits too..
Where was Carras voice when we had Hicks and Gillette as owners ? Happy to sign the six figure weekly contracts back then without a thought about the fans, funny how it’s changed now his employers at Sky have been put under some pressure.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:40 PM   #244
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
Carra and Neville are becoming more of a joke with every werk. They can wax lyrical about being for the fans all day but it doesn't change the fact that both were part of the problem as players who benefited from the commercialisation of football who sent ridiculously high wages.



Their rhetoric is embarrassing as is their apologist attitude towards the idiots who broke into the stadium
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:41 PM   #245
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 52,311
It’s interesting how the majority of people seem to have a big problem with the current system in football that is controlled by, and run for, a tiny elite of billionaires that care solely about money and treat everyone else with contempt. It’s a microcosm of this country, except people care more when it’s about football.
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.

Last edited by Kenneth; 02-05-21 at 11:43 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:43 PM   #246
Corndog
Fagan
 
Corndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I wouldn’t hold it against them for benefiting from it- could also say we’re all part of the problem for supporting it...

But I agree about them becoming more of a joke with every week! Carragher annoys me more so- maybe cos he’s one of us, but I find them both really irritable- and 2/3 years ago, I thought they were both really good pundits too..
I don't hold it against them for earning the stupid wages they did. Of course they did what anyone would do if it was offered to them.

It's another thing though to sit there and not mention exactly what John Barnes pointed out. The players wages are a huge reason for the continued need for more and more revenue in the game and that revenue is borne as a cost by the fans either directly or indirectly.

They're just not that smart and are pretty arrogant because they've had everything handed to them on a plate since their late teens
__________________
Y.N.W.A!!!!!!

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:52 PM   #247
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.
On that basis everyone that has engaged in football since ‘92 is part of the problem; maybe in some ways that is true and let’s be honest the idea of football is about the fans is long dead BUT we’ll also be the first to complain we’ve not spent in the transfer market etc.. we want it all don’t we !

However, what I do have an issue with is the portrayal of the likes of Sky and the PL itself as being on the side of football and the fans; they’re not and never have been it’s about cash and the reactions from them have been about keeping the status quo and protecting their cash cow.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:53 PM   #248
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
It’s interesting how the majority of people seem to have a big problem with the current system in football that is controlled by, and run for, a tiny elite of billionaires that care solely about money and treat everyone else with contempt. It’s a microcosm of this country, except people care more when it’s about football.
You're kinda right. But there's a few owners who don't care about the money...

The nation states, and the oligarchs.

They are happy to spend it, but not earn it, from football at least.

But yes, buying influence at the table, there's a parallel with lobbying in there somewhere.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:00 AM   #249
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
On that basis everyone that has engaged in football since ‘92 is part of the problem; maybe in some ways that is true and let’s be honest the idea of football is about the fans is long dead BUT we’ll also be the first to complain we’ve not spent in the transfer market etc.. we want it all don’t we !



However, what I do have an issue with is the portrayal of the likes of Sky and the PL itself as being on the side of football and the fans; they’re not and never have been it’s about cash and the reactions from them have been about keeping the status quo and protecting their cash cow.
Yep. So we're all complicit. We've always known what a nicely comfortable brand of evil the TV companies were about.

We knew in the 90s and we know today. They have never been on "our side".

They're a necessary evil that we've gotten into bed with.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:46 AM   #250
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,015
I'm actually relieved this was postponed. Any indication on when it will be rescheduled for?
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:18 AM   #251
Harv
Randy Marsh
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 23,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.

I got my subscription when i got given my work phone on a 2 yr business contract. A free years Premier League subscription it said...that was 5 years ago now and it's still working. That contract has long since ended, and Ive switched jobs in the meantime. But my login just keeps ticking

Ive defeated SKY on my own.
__________________
"When a man insults my country I insult him, by taking his woman" Tony Yeboah

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:29 AM   #252
Mr Pink
Benitez
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I don't hold it against them for earning the stupid wages they did. Of course they did what anyone would do if it was offered to them.

It's another thing though to sit there and not mention exactly what John Barnes pointed out. The players wages are a huge reason for the continued need for more and more revenue in the game and that revenue is borne as a cost by the fans either directly or indirectly.

They're just not that smart and are pretty arrogant because they've had everything handed to them on a plate since their late teens



They are very hypocritical about it.
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 07:37 AM   #253
Corndog
Fagan
 
Corndog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.
I agree that is also a factor yes.

The problem of just how much of a free market football business is, is due to multiple factors. All I'd like to see is a proper discussion from the football community about all of those factors.

That means discussion of ownership models, but it also means discussion of the costs of football, discussion of regulation of this market, discussion of the revenue side, which includes broadcasters and organisations like UEFA.

I think the discussion is focusing disproportionately on the billionaire status and nationality of owners at the moment.
__________________
Y.N.W.A!!!!!!

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:12 AM   #254
labourRed
Shankly
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,523
...

Last edited by labourRed; 03-05-21 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Deleted
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:03 AM   #255
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 30,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
It’s interesting how the majority of people seem to have a big problem with the current system in football that is controlled by, and run for, a tiny elite of billionaires that care solely about money and treat everyone else with contempt. It’s a microcosm of this country, except people care more when it’s about football.
Interesting take and yeah.


Easier to be black and white about I spose. People don’t like complex answers.
__________________
3 Cups and the Champions League.
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:43 AM   #256
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I agree that is also a factor yes.



The problem of just how much of a free market football business is, is due to multiple factors. All I'd like to see is a proper discussion from the football community about all of those factors.



That means discussion of ownership models, but it also means discussion of the costs of football, discussion of regulation of this market, discussion of the revenue side, which includes broadcasters and organisations like UEFA.



I think the discussion is focusing disproportionately on the billionaire status and nationality of owners at the moment.
Yep.

There needs to be a global solution really. That won't ever happen though.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:46 AM   #257
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 37,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.
this is spot on to be fair.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:03 AM   #258
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft
 
Kenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 52,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I agree that is also a factor yes.

The problem of just how much of a free market football business is, is due to multiple factors. All I'd like to see is a proper discussion from the football community about all of those factors.

That means discussion of ownership models, but it also means discussion of the costs of football, discussion of regulation of this market, discussion of the revenue side, which includes broadcasters and organisations like UEFA.

I think the discussion is focusing disproportionately on the billionaire status and nationality of owners at the moment.
Who really has the authority to address any of it? Government will probably assume it does, but on what basis?
__________________
Kick VAR out of football.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:10 AM   #259
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Where was Carras voice when we had Hicks and Gillette as owners ? Happy to sign the six figure weekly contracts back then without a thought about the fans, funny how it’s changed now his employers at Sky have been put under some pressure.

Where was his voice yesterday when the crowd inside the ground were chanting "you scouse bastards" as they aimed a firework as the window of the tv box.


Where was his voice yesterday when the "peaceful" protesters where doing their "Always the victims" and "murderers" chants both inside the ground and outside it.

For a "peaceful" protest against their own owners, those ManU "supporters" seemed to sing a lot about Hillsborough yesterday.

Guess he never heard or saw any of that. Guess he never heard Neville standing beside him saying repeatedly how FSG furloughed the Liverpool players


And as you said, where was he when fans of the club he played for were booing H&G and also the man they appointed in Hodgson? Oh right Carragher was the guy after a game that was shouting angrily at the crowd and turning his back to the crowd doing the sit in at Anfield.


But now he is all "we" drove previous American owners out of Anfield and "We" can do it again in a week.


Funny how so much seems to always come back to FSG with Carragher and Neville, even when what is happening in front of them is to do with another club.


Only time Carragher opens his gop about Liverpool is when the team wins someone and he is there in front of the camera with lots of "us" and "we" as Sky's token Liverpool man, and the rest of the time he is just sticking the knife in when we are not doing well and the "we" and "us" is replaced with "they" or "them"
__________________
The world loves the tomato because it is red. The apple is red too. But the tomato's flesh is the flesh of mankind.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:12 AM   #260
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44,694
The Man U protests don’t hold any water at all. They covered it on MOTD and Utd have spent £700m net over the same period we have spent £200m. They had some guy from a Utd fanzine on, and when asked he couldn’t give a single decent reason they were bad owners other than business model. When asked for 3 things that could happen to improve he couldn’t give one.

The protest yesterday was about spoilt Utd fans who got used to winning the League not happy as it has been 8 years. They don’t care about the good of the game, they care ONLY about the good of Man U.

I doubt we are all that much better.

Genuine reform in the game will make it much much harder to win trophies. Genuine reform is what the clubs not included in the super league want and maybe deserve. Fans of the big clubs are utterly spoilt, the money to pick and choose from players from these smaller clubs yet they have the audacity to moan about the hand they have been dealt.

A true protest would involve all fans. Not just the bloated spoilt fans at the top.

I found the whole thing embarrassing.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:31 AM   #261
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.




By that logic nobody that has ever spent a penny on anything to do with the club should be able to open their mouth.

Buy club merch? No opinion you are part of the problem


Get a subscription to any network that shows the games? No opinion you are part of the problem


Buy a ticket and go to the game? No opinion you are part of the problem


Don't spend a penny ever on the club but find a way to watch for free? No opinion you are part of the problem and also a cheapskate.


The only logical thing for anyone that agrees with what you say is to just walk away from anything to do with the club and then they are not part of the problem.

Seems to me that a hell of a lot of the narrative right now is being set by Sky and it's employees. It gets spouted and treated as fact straight away when even a cursory check shows much of it is off the cuff bullshit at best or revisionist self serving spiel at worst.


So what do you think should be done? Government intervention? Removal of the free market side of the game? Wage/spending caps and similar caps on sponsorship/ club earning? Some UK version of the 50+1?


Not trying to have a poke at you, just genuinely curious as to what your take is in terms of the direction(s) fans could/should move in and how they potentially could do so. Aside from what we have seen so far with the likes of the SOS and other such movements from our own fanbase.
__________________
The world loves the tomato because it is red. The apple is red too. But the tomato's flesh is the flesh of mankind.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 11:57 AM   #262
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
The Man U protests don’t hold any water at all. They covered it on MOTD and Utd have spent £700m net over the same period we have spent £200m. They had some guy from a Utd fanzine on, and when asked he couldn’t give a single decent reason they were bad owners other than business model. When asked for 3 things that could happen to improve he couldn’t give one.

The protest yesterday was about spoilt Utd fans who got used to winning the League not happy as it has been 8 years. They don’t care about the good of the game, they care ONLY about the good of Man U.

I doubt we are all that much better.

Genuine reform in the game will make it much much harder to win trophies. Genuine reform is what the clubs not included in the super league want and maybe deserve. Fans of the big clubs are utterly spoilt, the money to pick and choose from players from these smaller clubs yet they have the audacity to moan about the hand they have been dealt.

A true protest would involve all fans. Not just the bloated spoilt fans at the top.

I found the whole thing embarrassing.


I was talking to a friend about the Superleague and the greed of clubs and distribution of money and one of the great inequalities of the PL is highlighted by the fact that the likes of Everton, Aston Villa, Newcastle etc have been able to sell out their ~40k capacity grounds largely week in week out for the last 20 years and aren't even close to being able to compete on a serious basis.

Ok the likes of Leicester and West Ham are up there at the moment, but even if they made the CL if one of the 'big six' clubs come in for their top players in the next couple of years the can hold out for a good price but they are more or less powerless to stop them leaving. So when that happens (or they find that they don't have the squad size to play 2 games a week) they slip down the table and the top six re-exert their dominance.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:03 PM   #263
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
By that logic nobody that has ever spent a penny on anything to do with the club should be able to open their mouth.



Buy club merch? No opinion you are part of the problem





Get a subscription to any network that shows the games? No opinion you are part of the problem





Buy a ticket and go to the game? No opinion you are part of the problem





Don't spend a penny ever on the club but find a way to watch for free? No opinion you are part of the problem and also a cheapskate.





The only logical thing for anyone that agrees with what you say is to just walk away from anything to do with the club and then they are not part of the problem.



Seems to me that a hell of a lot of the narrative right now is being set by Sky and it's employees. It gets spouted and treated as fact straight away when even a cursory check shows much of it is off the cuff bullshit at best or revisionist self serving spiel at worst.





So what do you think should be done? Government intervention? Removal of the free market side of the game? Wage/spending caps and similar caps on sponsorship/ club earning? Some UK version of the 50+1?





Not trying to have a poke at you, just genuinely curious as to what your take is in terms of the direction(s) fans could/should move in and how they potentially could do so. Aside from what we have seen so far with the likes of the SOS and other such movements from our own fanbase.
I also think that if you're a long term fully paid up subscriber to Sky, complaining about Gary Neville complaining about the Glazers and FSG is not really any different to Gary Neville complaining about the Glazers and FSG.

You're paying his wages, just as the Glazers paid his, and there is an element of hypocrisy there. You've been lapping up that product for years.

Does that mean you're not entitled to opinion? Of course not. In the same the Neville is entitled to his opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think people should step back and think about their own role in how we've arrived to where we are.

What's the solution? I don't know. I think it's to late and too fucked to be fixed.

I'm not sure fan ownership is the answer either. Look at the Spanish basket cases. The elections and egos there. They are as much part of the problem as the Glazers imo.
__________________
Oh I don't know.

Last edited by dom9; 03-05-21 at 12:25 PM.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:07 PM   #264
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 37,732
Myself and dom do not agree on alot but I do think he has a very valid point. IMO what he was rightly alluding to, is by we the fans signing up to exorbitant sky packages, buying massively over priced jerseys and paying ridiculously high tickets prices.. we have contributed to this push for greed. With more demand comes higher prices. If fans refuse to spend 70 quid on a jersey, refuse to price match ticket prices & decided they will just watch match of the day instead of signing up to the over priced Sky & BT packages but prices would fall... they would have to.

I include myself in this as I pay a small fortune for Sky & a weekend for me to go over to see us play is so expensive but I have done it many times. I have actually stopped buying official LFC jerseys as the price is a joke & just buy replicas instead for a fraction of the price. But I recognize that I am part of the problem and my desire to see live games or watch premium sky packages whilst wearing my over priced LFC strip is a huge part of this cycle of greed. For me, I sacrifice/cut back on other things so I have the luxury of paying silly money to watch live games, that is how I justify the spending but yup I am part of the issue. I know it's a rip off, do I still do it.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.

Last edited by danperkins; 03-05-21 at 12:11 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:40 PM   #265
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I got my subscription when i got given my work phone on a 2 yr business contract. A free years Premier League subscription it said...that was 5 years ago now and it's still working. That contract has long since ended, and Ive switched jobs in the meantime. But my login just keeps ticking

Ive defeated SKY on my own.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:04 PM   #266
frank the tank
Shankly
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Myself and dom do not agree on alot but I do think he has a very valid point. IMO what he was rightly alluding to, is by we the fans signing up to exorbitant sky packages, buying massively over priced jerseys and paying ridiculously high tickets prices.. we have contributed to this push for greed. With more demand comes higher prices. If fans refuse to spend 70 quid on a jersey, refuse to price match ticket prices & decided they will just watch match of the day instead of signing up to the over priced Sky & BT packages but prices would fall... they would have to.

I include myself in this as I pay a small fortune for Sky & a weekend for me to go over to see us play is so expensive but I have done it many times. I have actually stopped buying official LFC jerseys as the price is a joke & just buy replicas instead for a fraction of the price. But I recognize that I am part of the problem and my desire to see live games or watch premium sky packages whilst wearing my over priced LFC strip is a huge part of this cycle of greed. For me, I sacrifice/cut back on other things so I have the luxury of paying silly money to watch live games, that is how I justify the spending but yup I am part of the issue. I know it's a rip off, do I still do it.


I know what you are saying. The business model for most club owners is based on having this "brand" loyalty and taking advantage of it. It would be like owning a car company and knowing however fuckin shit the cars you make, the people would come back for more regardless.

I made a point after the ESL got cancelled saying that fans need to start up some kind of supporters unions now if they want meaningful change with things like ticket prices, kick-off times, subscription costs etc.......only through unity would there be proper change.

I don't like the rhetoric being pushed that Sky sports has saved football. And that this european super league thing was evil and we can all celebrate now that it got cancelled and we can "go back to normal".

In reality, Sky and the Premier League have slowly killed a lot of what was good about football. They talked about how "the dream would have ended" for all of the non big-6 clubs in the football pyramid. But that is bollocks. Each and every one of them could still have been champions of England. The big 6 clubs were sneaky cunts. But the other 14 teams in the premier league would have jumped on this had they been invited too. No fuckin doubt.

There is a lot that is shit about football. As all LFC fans, we are still watching all of our games (well a lot of us, people like Nev have checked out until next season ) hoping we somehow scrape into 4th position. How fuckin shit is that??? 4th?!!!?!? But somehow Sky, UEFA, the Premier League et al have made this 'achievement' bigger than a trophy. And good on them. Because if they didn't, we'd have all stopped showing such an interest back in Feb. Fans of clubs like Norwich think that they have something amazing to look forward to next year in a near-certain relegation battle. And hopefully they stay up and establish themselves as a club in the premier league that will never actually compete for anything. From next season onwards, they can look forward to resting players in domestic cup matches because a better chance at three points (or even one) is better than a cup run. Thanks Sky.

This isn't me trying to say that the ESL was a good thing. I think the competition concept was kind of shit in a few ways. For one, no relegation just makes the thing meaningless very quickly. Ask any supporter of a rugby league team that isn't going to get to compete for the grand final. The writing is on the wall for the season after about 4 or 5 games. Also, a "league" of 10 teams is bullshit if it doesn't have a meaningful trophy at the end. Instead, these cunts would have then gone into some sort of knockout thing at the end. Again, very similar to rugby league......which is a shit competition.

And the decision of the clubs to go for the ESL was based on greed. No doubt about that. But a business has to try to find new ways of increasing revenue and turnover. That is the point of a business.

The concept of fucking over UEFA, I would be supportive of that. And Fifa too.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:12 PM   #267
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I also think that if you're a long term fully paid up subscriber to Sky, complaining about Gary Neville complaining about the Glazers and FSG is not really any different to Gary Neville complaining about the Glazers and FSG.

You're paying his wages, just as the Glazers paid his, and there is an element of hypocrisy there.

Does that mean you're not entitled to opinion? Of course not. In the same the Neville is entitled to his opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think people should step back and think about their own role in how we've arrived to where we are.

What's the solution? I don't know. I think it's to late and too fucked to be fixed.

I'm not sure fan ownership is the answer either. Look at the Spanish basket cases. The elections and egos there. They are as much part of the problem as the Glazers imo.



No offence but I think the we all need to look at ourselves is a little too simplistic.

How a situation comes about or is let come about is of course important because if you do not realise or acknowledge mistakes, then one can never rectify them.

The owners being a problem now is a bit simplistic for my liking as well. There seems to be a bit of a myth that the nasty foreign owners are the issue and we need to get back to the good honest British owners of yesteryear (Not saying you are saying that, just seen it said by "experts" on tv).

Those honest hard working British owners of yesteryear were no better than the mega wealthy owners of now. They just so happened to live in an era where there was less media scrutiny and far less chance of any real public resistence. If the same owners were around now with the same commercial opportunities, they would have their snouts in any trough they could get them into.


I also think that yes everyone should have an opinion if they so choose, but some opinions should be held to different standards, especially those "offering" opinions when they have vested interests in what they are offering those opinions on, and also when those opinions are being presented as factual when a simple fact check will show otherwise.

Yes the fans should look at themselves and the part they have played and can play, but I also think that those with vested interests and/or who are essentially rabble rousing using the reach of a global media outlet should be made accountable for their words and efforts.

Yes let all have an opinion, but also let each stand and be fully responsible for what comes out of their mouths.

If I say something really dumb on here (again), then someone is going to say it is dumb or ask me to back up what I said or in the case of the some they will attack the poster and not the post. I am just a schmuck on a fan site with no real pull or sway over what others do, so presumably any comeback (assuming nothing I say is libelous, malicious or threatening) will be proportionate to how factual what I say is, how reasonable it sounds and to the fact I am just a schmuck talking on a fan site with no real chance of what I say influencing many if any at all.

Then we get those with vested interests. Those who are onscreen professing to be experts of business, morality and everything inbetween. We get those that pull the strings of those onscreen. We get those who sit in the boardrooms of clubs and so on. They all have opinions, some factual some ignorant of the facts, some deliberate in their lack of facts. It is here that I think a greater scrutiny is needed, a scrunity and responsibility that is proportionate to the level of reach and sway their words have or could potentially have.



The arguement of if you have sky or had sky, that your opinion on Gary Neveille having an opinion is somehow less valid is too simplistic as well. Where would that approach stop?

What about music? We all have bought music at some point so when a musical artist does something greed orientated or something really terrible are we all at fault?


I am sure lots of here watched films and tv shows made or funded by the Weinsteins. Does that make us all enablers of Harvey Weinstein and what he did to people? Afterall by paying money to watch those films years ago we helped him to have a lifestyle with the money and influence to do terrible terrible things.


I think at some point it has to boil down to wrong being wrong and those doing the wrongs being who sould be held accountable and those who are affiliated to them that try to muddy the waters with need to be held accountable for their words.


Let's be honest. As fans, supporters or whatever we get called, we are not privy to a lot of the process of greed. We get to see the end results, we get to be there when the shit hits the fans , we get to be there when there is so much shit flung at the wall that shit looks normal as it is all that is there to see.

Those who see the shit get put on the wall piece by piece, those that see that process in it's early stages, they are the ones that are more accountable than the fans in my eyes. We are fans, we are consumers, we are sheep a lot of the time. But just because you are a sheep does not mean you always have to accept being led.


Fuck knows where this post is going now, I started typing then went and has some bangers and mash and came back thinking those sozzies were nice and starting typing again. Maybe I need to stop before I start calling for us sheep to turn into ornery goats and start chucking in Animal Farm references again.
Maybe the goats will clean the shit from the walls.

Who knows. All I know is I have Virgin media and not Sky and have somehow managed to not have a Sky subscription so far in my life, but I do have that Virgin account so I am one of the sods propping up UEFA and the X Factor so maybe the latter makes me the worst of all.
__________________
The world loves the tomato because it is red. The apple is red too. But the tomato's flesh is the flesh of mankind.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:17 PM   #268
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
No offence but I think the we all need to look at ourselves is a little too simplistic.

How a situation comes about or is let come about is of course important because if you do not realise or acknowledge mistakes, then one can never rectify them.

The owners being a problem now is a bit simplistic for my liking as well. There seems to be a bit of a myth that the nasty foreign owners are the issue and we need to get back to the good honest British owners of yesteryear (Not saying you are saying that, just seen it said by "experts" on tv).

Those honest hard working British owners of yesteryear were no better than the mega wealthy owners of now. They just so happened to live in an era where there was less media scrutiny and far less chance of any real public resistence. If the same owners were around now with the same commercial opportunities, they would have their snouts in any trough they could get them into.


I also think that yes everyone should have an opinion if they so choose, but some opinions should be held to different standards, especially those "offering" opinions when they have vested interests in what they are offering those opinions on, and also when those opinions are being presented as factual when a simple fact check will show otherwise.

Yes the fans should look at themselves and the part they have played and can play, but I also think that those with vested interests and/or who are essentially rabble rousing using the reach of a global media outlet should be made accountable for their words and efforts.

Yes let all have an opinion, but also let each stand and be fully responsible for what comes out of their mouths.

If I say something really dumb on here (again), then someone is going to say it is dumb or ask me to back up what I said or in the case of the some they will attack the poster and not the post. I am just a schmuck on a fan site with no real pull or sway over what others do, so presumably any comeback (assuming nothing I say is libelous, malicious or threatening) will be proportionate to how factual what I say is, how reasonable it sounds and to the fact I am just a schmuck talking on a fan site with no real chance of what I say influencing many if any at all.

Then we get those with vested interests. Those who are onscreen professing to be experts of business, morality and everything inbetween. We get those that pull the strings of those onscreen. We get those who sit in the boardrooms of clubs and so on. They all have opinions, some factual some ignorant of the facts, some deliberate in their lack of facts. It is here that I think a greater scrutiny is needed, a scrunity and responsibility that is proportionate to the level of reach and sway their words have or could potentially have.



The arguement of if you have sky or had sky, that your opinion on Gary Neveille having an opinion is somehow less valid is too simplistic as well. Where would that approach stop?

What about music? We all have bought music at some point so when a musical artist does something greed orientated or something really terrible are we all at fault?


I am sure lots of here watched films and tv shows made or funded by the Weinsteins. Does that make us all enablers of Harvey Weinstein and what he did to people? Afterall by paying money to watch those films years ago we helped him to have a lifestyle with the money and influence to do terrible terrible things.


I think at some point it has to boil down to wrong being wrong and those doing the wrongs being who sould be held accountable and those who are affiliated to them that try to muddy the waters with need to be held accountable for their words.


Let's be honest. As fans, supporters or whatever we get called, we are not privy to a lot of the process of greed. We get to see the end results, we get to be there when the shit hits the fans , we get to be there when there is so much shit flung at the wall that shit looks normal as it is all that is there to see.

Those who see the shit get put on the wall piece by piece, those that see that process in it's early stages, they are the ones that are more accountable than the fans in my eyes. We are fans, we are consumers, we are sheep a lot of the time. But just because you are a sheep does not mean you always have to accept being led.


Fuck knows where this post is going now, I started typing then went and has some bangers and mash and came back thinking those sozzies were nice and starting typing again. Maybe I need to stop before I start calling for us sheep to turn into ornery goats and start chucking in Animal Farm references again.
Maybe the goats will clean the shit from the walls.

Who knows. All I know is I have Virgin media and not Sky and have somehow managed to not have a Sky subscription so far in my life, but I do have that Virgin account so I am one of the sods propping up UEFA and the X Factor so maybe the latter makes me the worst of all.
No offence, but I don't think you've understood my point.

I'm not oversimplifying anything. I'm saying we're all part of the problem, if not the cause.

I'm not talking about validity of opinions either but I am talking about hypocrisy.

But yeah, every year I personally come a little bit closer to sacking the whole thing off.
__________________
Oh I don't know.

Last edited by dom9; 03-05-21 at 01:20 PM.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:21 PM   #269
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
No offence, but I don't think you've understood my point.

I'm not oversimplifying anything. I'm saying we're all part of the problem, if not the cause.

I'm not talking about validity of opinions but I am talking about hypocrisy.


I got your point and it is not that I think you are wrong to say all are part of the problem along with mentioning the hypocrisy as you see it.

I just think it was too simplistic, or maybe too idealistic in nature
__________________
The world loves the tomato because it is red. The apple is red too. But the tomato's flesh is the flesh of mankind.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 03-05-21 at 01:29 PM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:24 PM   #270
fidget
Shankly
 
fidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,523
So what's the solution?
__________________
To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:33 PM   #271
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
So what's the solution?
I have no idea.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:47 PM   #272
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,694
Not sure there is one.

The broadcasters, PL, UEFA, FIFA, the clubs and of course the fans all have their own agendas with the fans being at the bottom of the pile whilst also everything being built off them.

Until football moves away from being about money generation there’s no solution IMO and those all listed above bar the fans only really care about the money that’s generated so unless fans vote with their eyeballs and stop watching en masse (which of course won’t happen) you can’t see it changing.

The uproar about the ESL from the likes of Sky the PL etc.. is all about the protection of their hold on the revenue football generates nothing more .
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:49 PM   #273
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
So what's the solution?


I'm not sure there is one tbh. It was why I was interested in hearing if Dom had something in his head that he thought was a potential good idea or even a direction he thought might be a good one.


Every now and then you see things that on paper look like they would be steps in the right direction.


I thought FFP was one such step. I thought that would be a fantastic change to the game if it was implemented correctly. It seemed the sort of thing that if done right could be the basis for other moves like maybe a proper vetting system for those looking to own clubs. Maybe a proper and legally binding set of ethics with regards to how clubs would be run.


However we live in a media driven era where faux outrage fuelled by fake statements over a proposed new competition is more newsworthy and generated far more stamping of feet and efforts to thwart it than real issues within the game (and society) like racism.


I made a throwaway comment during the thread where I took a line from the film Aliens saying we should nuke it from orbit as that would be the only way to be sure.

Tbh I think the only way to "solve" the issues in the game at this point would be to terminated the sport altogether at professional level.

For me the problems are like cancer, and in the case of the professional game it has gone untreated for far too long and we are at a point where we either allow the spread to continue until it reaches an inevitable tipping point and the game as it is dies, or we try to treat the infection aggressively and we watch the game head towards the same tipping point but at a slower more comfortable to watch rate.


There are two many bodies and organisations with vested interests for there ever to be one clear view on what should be done. There are too many loopholes to get around doing the "right" thing.

For me Football is going the same way as Pro Boxing, just that boxing is much further along in it's terminal decline. Football being so much bigger financially will be like any large animal that is dying and take a long time to go but I think it will eventually die. Now whether "dying" means it become a smaller sport with smaller audiences/finances or whether it means it becomes even more fractured with lots of breakaway groups/leagues, that is up for debate.
__________________
The world loves the tomato because it is red. The apple is red too. But the tomato's flesh is the flesh of mankind.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:55 PM   #274
red g
Paisley
 
red g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
So what's the solution?
Not that it will ever happen but players wages are not sustainable under the current model. When clubs are paying such high percentage of turnover on wages its mot so much greedits survival that pushes clubs to try new and often stupid/desperate ideas to increase turnover . Slashing wages would help massively.
__________________
_____________________________________

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:55 PM   #275
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 67,051
I'm not even convinced by the German model.

Who does it work for? Well, it works for Bayern as they walk the league every year.

It kinda works for Dortmund if they're happy with their lot as being perennial bridesmaids. The best of the rest, but still a feeder club to the super clubs.

Anyone else?
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:58 PM   #276
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Let's be honest here.

We can all wax lyrical and pontificate about the rhetoric, but we're all part of the problem.

All of us.

If you've ever bought a Sky or other sports TV subscription, you're complicit.

If you buy the merch which changes throughout the season, you're complicit.

If you have never done any of that and you watch via streams, you're a cheapskate who is also complicit in lining some gangsters pockets on the back of the greed.

The money we collectively have funnelled through Sky and others has resulted in many of the best players on the planet playing in the Premier League and indeed LFC.

So which way do you want it?

It's easy to throw stones from your ivory tower, but you need to convince me that you're not part of the problem.

BTW, I've quoted your post but my point is aimed at every single one of us.
I don't buy merch, I don't pay for a subscription (it's free from my ISP), I don't pay for tickets.

It's a massive rip off.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 01:59 PM   #277
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 35,015
Pick a non-league side local to Liverpool and we can start supporting them.
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:04 PM   #278
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley
 
Jaco_Pastorious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I'm not even convinced by the German model.

Who does it work for? Well, it works for Bayern as they walk the league every year.

It kinda works for Dortmund if they're happy with their lot as being perennial bridesmaids. The best of the rest, but still a feeder club to the super clubs.

Anyone else?

The German model works, imo, in that it gives clubs a better chance to avoid financial mismanagement and the like by owners compared to what happens in other leagues, but, as you rightly pointed out it, it does not level the playing field between the financial powerhouse and the rest of the league.

You look at the Bundesliga compared to other leagues and the clubs seem to have less brushed with administrations and the like.


It is far from a perfect system though even though the concept of something more levelling based upon it would be interesting.



It would in a way be like if FFP had come in properly and was implemented in full. It would have prevented clubs from being finanically doped but it would also have meant the clubs that currently earn more would still earn more and thus would be able to spend more as they would be spending what they earned.
__________________
The world loves the tomato because it is red. The apple is red too. But the tomato's flesh is the flesh of mankind.

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:14 PM   #279
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 44,718
You can look at it in a variety of ways, we are where we are because of certain peoples/clubs/companies/organisations greed. The PL started by getting the top league to 'break away' from the rest of the football league essentially in order to keep a bigger share of the revenue. Sky played a massive role in that and they largely made their money and name off the back of broadcasting football (yes they do other stuff and other sports but without football they wouldn't be close to what they are). I am sure that in Sky's view they made English football a more attractive proposition the whole 'best league in the world' stuff that we constantly hear and I guess that is true, the early 90's prior to the PL all the best players wanted to play in Spain or Italy now they want to come to the Premier League and Sky largely have made the PL the 'product' that it is, and that's all the stuff that they will focus on.

The issue is that in order to do that they have been charging fans alot of money to watch the games on TV, the match going fans if they want to go to games are being forced to go at different times so that about 5 or 6 games a weekend can be broadcast. The same happened with the CL it was changed from the European Cup to the CL because that made it a more attractive 'product'. Those two largely started off the commericalisation of football, and as the revenue has grown more and more and the clubs have had to follow suit.

To be honest the whole thing has now completely got out of hand not just money but every aspect of the game. I get Dom's point about everyone being complicit but we have got to where we are by taking small steps each on their own doesn't seem that bad but together have made the game unrecognisable. Take televised games, if you had said 25-30 years ago there would only be about 3 top flight games played at 3pm on a Saturday people would have opposed it. The reason we have that now is it has been done slice by slice, it started off at 1 a weekend or something being moved for TV, a few years later it was a couple of games a week, now we're at the point where it's 6 or 7. Same thing with sponsorship you had a shirt sponsor, then you had ground or stand sponsors, shirt sleeve sponsors, communications partners, official car, chocolate bar etc of the club, competition, FA or whatever when you think about it it's nuts.

The issue is how do you get the genie back into the bottle? The answer is that you can't it will carry on until it comes crashing down. The generation of fans now have grown up with this they won't accept not being able to have the best players or not being able to compete or whatever. Look at our fans, in response to Henry's apology over the superleague he was getting spammed with 'buy Mbappe' or 'buy Haaland' comments, Man Utd fans aren't happy with the crazy amount of money they have spent over recent years because of the lack of success, there are dozens of examples.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:16 PM   #280
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I don't buy merch, I don't pay for a subscription (it's free from my ISP), I don't pay for tickets.

It's a massive rip off.
I appreciate that games are often in the middle of the night in Oz, but the disparity in pricing for the Premier League’s ‘global audience’ is crazy.

Minimum £50+pm in the UK for just the televised schedule vs literally every game being given away with broadband subscriptions in other territories?
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.