It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 16-02-21, 06:11 PM   #8241
frank the tank
Shankly

I actually like Guardiola. Think he is a class act. Love the way he is a fuckin fighter himself. Things like the yellow ribbon for Catalunya. Fuckin bring it on.

Think he is way too good for City personally. I thought he'd be in Juve by now winning titles in another country.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 06:18 PM   #8242
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I think he's a salty prick and it's easy for him to look at their 'rivalry' at the moment from his relaxed position

Fuck him and fuck his cardigans
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 06:35 PM   #8243
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I think he's a salty prick and it's easy for him to look at their 'rivalry' at the moment from his relaxed position

Cardigan fucking

And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 06:43 PM   #8244
Charly
Dalglish

You can tell the mettle of a man from his knitware.
Old 16-02-21, 07:27 PM   #8245
DeanoUK
Dalglish

Quote:

Haha I did lol properly at this, a lovely anecdote and story and then boom, Norbs crushes it with his own dose of reality
DeanoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 07:34 PM   #8246
Fuzzy
Fagan

Quote:

Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:24 PM   #8247
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I think it's a reasonable time to ask questions about Klopp's reaction to our problems this season. All he's changed is personnel, moving midfielders to defense. We persist with exactly the same shape, same approach that's failed, failed and failed again.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result", and that epitomises Klopp's approach.

He's a great manager, he should be doing more, trying different formations, tactics, something, but he is not doing enough.
Old 20-02-21, 08:26 PM   #8248
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

He doesn’t have much to play with tbf. I reserve the right to comment when I’m calmed down in about 2 decades.
Old 20-02-21, 08:34 PM   #8249
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

The only problem Iíve got with him is not sticking Henderson in midfield - even if it means we are weaker at the back. Our midfield has lost too much with both him and Fab out of it.

The injuries arenít his fault.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:36 PM   #8250
labourRed
Shankly

He's had some shockers. Not building on last season and moving some players on was his biggest issue. Ferguson was great at that and his teams never went stale.

But during the season playing Jota in a dead rubber was silly. Playing Origi over Minamino because he was taller was madness.

He's still class though and managing unprecedented issues all through the team. Season is over though, we can plan for next.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:38 PM   #8251
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I think it's a reasonable time to ask questions about Klopp's reaction to our problems this season. All he's changed is personnel, moving midfielders to defense. We persist with exactly the same shape, same approach that's failed, failed and failed again.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result", and that epitomises Klopp's approach.

He's a great manager, he should be doing more, trying different formations, tactics, something, but he is not doing enough.
He did play 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 earlier this season when he had options - Iím not sure what he can do. We play every 3 days there is no training opportunities to implement a new formation. He is playing the only fit players we have and they are done - unless he moves into CB or does VAR for our games then what else......
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:39 PM   #8252
RichC
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The only problem Iíve got with him is not sticking Henderson in midfield - even if it means we are weaker at the back. Our midfield has lost too much with both him and Fab out of it.

The injuries arenít his fault.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 08:41 PM   #8253
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
He did play 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 earlier this season when he had options - Iím not sure what he can do. We play every 3 days there is no training opportunities to implement a new formation. He is playing the only fit players we have and they are done - unless he moves into CB or does VAR for our games then what else......
When did we play 442?
Old 20-02-21, 08:42 PM   #8254
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
When did we play 442?
West Ham. We played a diamond that game.
Old 20-02-21, 08:43 PM   #8255
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
When did we play 442?
City away and a few other times during games
Old 20-02-21, 08:48 PM   #8256
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I don't think we did, we played Bobby in midfield to accommodate Jota.
Old 20-02-21, 08:54 PM   #8257
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I don’t want to get into a debate - google it, Klopp said it himself. It’s all moot anyway - we had options then

We wanted to use the skills and the power of the four up front in specific moments to cause City problems, that’s one thing.
"The other thing is that we all like to prepare a game in the way that we know exactly what the opponent is doing and Pep, I don’t think he knew we would play 4-4-2. It’s not important but it needed a while for City to adapt to it, that was the plan.”
Old 20-02-21, 08:55 PM   #8258
Fredo

Quote:
You could try to turn water into wine if you try.
Old 20-02-21, 09:01 PM   #8259
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

If this form continues will he still be here at the start of next? I don't want him to go and he has plenty of credit but ultimately the results might leave the owners with no option. Or if the players aren't listening and no longer believe that means he's also fucked. Or he doesn't get any money to spend and he might think fuck this and walk. Worrying times.
Old 20-02-21, 09:03 PM   #8260
spud_gun
Paisley

The nick of some of you questioning the great man's position.

Shameful stuff.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:04 PM   #8261
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

Shameful stuff.
I said I want him here. I just gave reasons why it might not happen. If we lose the next 10 he would have to go.
Old 20-02-21, 09:05 PM   #8262
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:

Shameful stuff.
Playing to the crowd there.
Old 20-02-21, 09:05 PM   #8263
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

This season is a dud, but there is plenty of mitigation.

I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do in the CL. The second leg is ages away, every chance Fabinho and Jota (and hopefully Hendo) will be back.
Old 20-02-21, 09:06 PM   #8264
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
West Ham. We played a diamond that game.
Interesting example.
Old 20-02-21, 09:07 PM   #8265
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I said I want him here. I just gave reasons why it might not happen. If we lose the next 10 he would have to go.
No he wouldn't.

He could loose every remaining game this season and he'll still be manager opening game next season.
Old 20-02-21, 09:08 PM   #8266
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
No he wouldn't.

He could loose every remaining game this season and he'll still be manager opening game next season.
OK right of course he would.
Old 20-02-21, 09:09 PM   #8267
Fredo

Allardyce would be getting his dream job if we lose the next 10.
Old 20-02-21, 09:11 PM   #8268
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
OK right of course he would.
Of course he will

The unprecedented injury crisis more than ensures he'll be here next season irrespective of how the remainder of this season plays out.
Old 20-02-21, 09:11 PM   #8269
Fivex
The Wisp

Stop it
Old 20-02-21, 09:11 PM   #8270
Fredo

Quote:
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp tells BBC Sport: "It is (tough to take) but we conceded this early goal which was completely unnecessary and have to defend it better. We had to chase the game and did it well creative wise, we created some in the first half and even more in the second half but we did not finish our situations off. We made one mistake in the first half and they used it, I don't like to talk today about the good stuff because we lose the game and we feel that deeply, I have to use it tomorrow and it is our lifeline to keep going. We have to improve on the finishing stuff and then we will win football games.

"Decisive margins, to score a goal you have to create a situation and finish it off. There is no alternative but to keep going. You concede which is not cool, lose Jordan Henderson which is not cool and I feel the boys dealt with it quite well, could they deal with it better? Maybe. We will keep going."

On Everton's penalty: "I did not see it back but the kind of questions I get asked about it gives me a feeling it could have been decided differently. If the VAR calls the referee to the screen then maybe he saw it slightly wrong. He did not need a second, he looked and went. If you think it was not a penalty then you have to say that, we cannot change it anymore."
Old 20-02-21, 09:22 PM   #8271
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Of course he will

The unprecedented injury crisis more than ensures he'll be here next season irrespective of how the remainder of this season plays out.
If we end the season on 40 points, Klopp and half the team would be gone by next season. But clearly we won't, and it's just hyperbole.
Old 20-02-21, 09:28 PM   #8272
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
If we end the season on 40 points, Klopp and half the team would be gone by next season. But clearly we won't, and it's just hyperbole.
It really isn't.

He'll be here in August irrespective.

The fact his position is even being discussed is despicable.

The knee jerkers like yourself really ought to sit on your hands post match.

First bad run after 2 seasons of some of the best domestic football we've witnessed and the sky is falling.
Old 20-02-21, 09:33 PM   #8273
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Yeah, pretending people are calling for his head might seem like a useful straw man for you, but it's as disingenuous as claiming we just carry on next year after a run of 17 straight defeats and possible relegation. This doesn't have to be this silly.
Old 20-02-21, 09:39 PM   #8274
Pepe79
Shankly

Until at least Fabinho, Jota and Naby are back, I don’t see where the options are for us to change things up.

Suitability of a new formation depends on the attributes of the available players.
What new formation do we play with a limited amount of available options to choose from?
What new tactical approach do we expect an increasingly makeshift team to immediately adjust too?

It’s easy to say ‘change things’ but it’s not easy to do under the circumstances.

I’ll reserve judgement on being ‘found out’ until we don’t have 6 first team players missing every week.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:47 PM   #8275
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Until at least Fabinho, Jota and Naby are back, I donít see where the options are for us to change things up.

Suitability of a new formation depends on the attributes of the available players.
What new formation do we play with a limited amount of available options to choose from?
What new tactical approach do we expect an increasingly makeshift team to immediately adjust too?

Itís easy to say Ďchange thingsí but itís not easy to do under the circumstances.

Iíll reserve judgement on being Ďfound outí until we donít have 6 first team players missing every week.
Itís an unprecedented injury list. I suspect everything we do in terms of loading and training went out of the window when the condensed season was announced.

We are struggling.

But take equivalent players of Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Fabinho, Jota and now Henderson out of any squad and see how they get on. Thatís without all the other injuries.

We need a few to stick there hands up though and that means Klopp has to have confidence in them. Thiago had been shit for about 4 games in a row and gets a start where as Ox etc get 20 mins.

We do need to look at things formation wise.

I really wish we had Minamino back, seems easy to say it, but he would offer us some options if we are looking to tweak formation. We have no goal threats. Sadio and Bobby have had pretty miserable seasons.

I keep thinking weíve sunk as low as we can and then it just gets worse and worse.

I don really care what happens this season. Weíve had three fantastic years so one absolute shocker is acceptable. I can still feel the residual glow of the CL win and League win. We can regroup in the summer. We have too much quality and too many good players for this to last for ever.
Old 20-02-21, 09:48 PM   #8276
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Until at least Fabinho, Jota and Naby are back, I don’t see where the options are for us to change things up.

It’s easy to say ‘change things’ but it’s not easy to do under the circumstances.

I’ll reserve judgement on being ‘found out’ until we don’t have 6 first team players missing every week.
We can't use our fullbacks like we did because we don't have CBs who can mop up like VVD can, or even Matip or Gomez. But we still expect them to create all of our crosses. We do have enough MF options to play 5 across the middle for example. Or with only two up front and four in midfield and help the defense. We do have the players, and as mentioned above, when we have tried such things we have done pretty well, drawing at city and winning comfortably at West ham.

There's a decent midfield to be made from Shaq, Thiago, Gini, Jones, Ox, Keita, and potentially Bobby, and Hendo before tonight.

Last edited by Kenneth; 20-02-21 at 10:07 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:56 PM   #8277
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Itís an unprecedented injury list. I suspect everything we do in terms of loading and training went out of the window when the condensed season was announced.

We are struggling.

But take equivalent players of Van Dijk, Matip, Gomez, Fabinho, Jota and now Henderson out of any squad and see how they get on. Thatís without all the other injuries.

We need a few to stick there hands up though and that means Klopp has to have confidence in them. Thiago had been shit for about 4 games in a row and gets a start where as Ox etc get 20 mins.

We do need to look at things formation wise.

I really wish we had Minamino back, seems easy to say it, but he would offer us some options if we are looking to tweak formation. We have no goal threats. Sadio and Bobby have had pretty miserable seasons.

I keep thinking weíve sunk as low as we can and then it just gets worse and worse.

I don really care what happens this season. Weíve had three fantastic years so one absolute shocker is acceptable. I can still feel the residual glow of the CL win and League win. We can regroup in the summer. We have too much quality and too many good players for this to last for ever.
Yep me too, but surely today is rock bottom
Old 20-02-21, 10:07 PM   #8278
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
We can't use our fullbacks like we did because we don't have CBs who can mop up like VVD can, or even Matip or Gomez. But we still expect them to create all of our crosses. We do have enough MF options to play 5 across the middle for example. Or with only two up front and four in midfield and help the defense. We do have the players, and as mentioned above, when we have tried such things we have done pretty well, drawing at city and winning comfortably at West ham.
Do we? Wouldnít that require 3 CBís? And from where Iím siting, our midfield options look limited even as 3. But even so, thatíd be all our remaining midfielders starting every game. And even if you find the numbers, are they the right players for that formation?

I think those examples were more tweaks to our familiar setup, depending on whether we were in or out of possession, rather than a whole try something different approach.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 10:13 PM   #8279
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Yes. No. Maybe.
Old 20-02-21, 10:14 PM   #8280
BG1973
Fagan

And one would be injured within 20 mins, with no one on the bench.

It is what it is right now, Jota back will hopefully have a huge impact.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC