It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 28-02-21, 10:45 PM   #8321
Fivex
The Wisp

Pep by all accounts
Old 28-02-21, 10:49 PM   #8322
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Klopp looks knackered.

If ever a guy needed 56,000 people telling him how much he means to us.
Old 28-02-21, 10:52 PM   #8323
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
If Stevie took over and was a great success it would obviously be the dream but he has an awful lot to loose.

YNWA
*lose
Old 28-02-21, 11:08 PM   #8324
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ams12 View Post
Yea i agree he needs to have another couple more successful years at Rangers following a soon to be league title. He needs a couple of years at a decent prem side or a championship side, bring them up make them a prem regular. A European team would be good too.

That timeframe means 1 or possibly 2 other LFC managers after Klopp. So who could be a successful replacement for Jurgen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming he wants the Liverpool job I would assume his best chance is to stick with Rangers and get them winning things (should have the title this year) and dominating Scottish football and maintain that for however long Klopp is here for. If he comes to England he has to do something remarkable like get and keep a mid table side in contention for top 4.
Old 01-03-21, 12:01 AM   #8325
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Assuming he wants the Liverpool job I would assume his best chance is to stick with Rangers and get them winning things (should have the title this year) and dominating Scottish football and maintain that for however long Klopp is here for. If he comes to England he has to do something remarkable like get and keep a mid table side in contention for top 4.
I'd say it's a given. Gerrard is best leaving Rangers and getting another gig, no way is he repeating that feat against a half decent manager of Celtic.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:02 AM   #8326
Ams12
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
I'd say it's a given. Gerrard is best leaving Rangers and getting another gig, no way is he repeating that feat against a half decent manager of Celtic.

That would be the challenge! To show he can overcome financial superiority by creating a squad capable of playing good football and winning games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 06:04 AM   #8327
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

He'll have to get used to that if he comes here
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:31 AM   #8328
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I'd say it's a given. Gerrard is best leaving Rangers and getting another gig, no way is he repeating that feat against a half decent manager of Celtic
If he isn't capable of doing that I don't see him being good enough to be manager of LFC.
Old 03-03-21, 06:36 PM   #8329
McDermotX
Paisley

Man is pure class

Old 03-03-21, 07:04 PM   #8330
Peter_Griffin
Houllier

He’s the best of us.
Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 07:09 PM   #8331
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

God he's good
Old 03-03-21, 07:12 PM   #8332
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

That is beautiful sentiment.
Old 03-03-21, 08:46 PM   #8333
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Jurgen was the best we could hope for when the times were good and now it's clear that he's the best we could hope for when times are difficult
Old 03-03-21, 09:53 PM   #8334
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

I hope he stays with us for a long, long time.
Old 04-03-21, 09:13 AM   #8335
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Not sure I agree. Obviously it is a fuckin pub league but they are unbeaten this season. Not much more he could have done domestically.

In europe he has done okay as well - much better than expected. Especially when you consider the resources he has.

I don't think it would necessarily be wise for him to become LFC manager to be honest. But i really admire the route he has gone down in his managerial career. The money he has made and the fact that he could have had a really nice lifestyle maybe dong a bit of TV with the likes of Ferdinand on BT Sport, you have to admire him for going into management.

It is hard to see what his next step would be though. There is validity in saying he should go to a Southampton and try it in the Prem. However, what would success really be there? Top half of the table. And is that still good enough then to become LFC manager??? I'm not sure it is to be honest. Another option would be to come back and work with the first team under Jurgen for a year or two before he took over. That might be a disaster too though as Pep might have ideas of that too.

Hard to say but surely if he stays in management for 20 years or so, then he will have an opportunity sometime down the line when LFC are in need.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 04:16 PM   #8336
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Not sure I agree. Obviously it is a fuckin pub league but they are unbeaten this season. Not much more he could have done domestically.

In europe he has done okay as well - much better than expected. Especially when you consider the resources he has.

I don't think it would necessarily be wise for him to become LFC manager to be honest. But i really admire the route he has gone down in his managerial career. The money he has made and the fact that he could have had a really nice lifestyle maybe dong a bit of TV with the likes of Ferdinand on BT Sport, you have to admire him for going into management.

It is hard to see what his next step would be though. There is validity in saying he should go to a Southampton and try it in the Prem. However, what would success really be there? Top half of the table. And is that still good enough then to become LFC manager??? I'm not sure it is to be honest. Another option would be to come back and work with the first team under Jurgen for a year or two before he took over. That might be a disaster too though as Pep might have ideas of that too.

Hard to say but surely if he stays in management for 20 years or so, then he will have an opportunity sometime down the line when LFC are in need.
... can't see him being anywhere near LFC for another couple of years at least... looks like Pep is our succession plan after Jurgen. Maybe Gerrard is destined to be #2 behind Pep... so he's the successor to him?
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 04:39 PM   #8337
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
... can't see him being anywhere near LFC for another couple of years at least... looks like Pep is our succession plan after Jurgen. Maybe Gerrard is destined to be #2 behind Pep... so he's the successor to him?

For some reason I have had a gut feeling that Nagelsmann could end up managing us in three or four years if he continues to do well as a manager and especially if he manages to win some silverware along the way.

Rangnick is another guy that I felt could be a shorter term appointment for us at some stage.

And to continue the RB trend, I would not be hugely surprised if someone like Jesse Marsch was on our owner's radar at some point in the future. American, progressive, builds teams that can punch above their weight ( Although more in European football than domestically in the case of RB Salzburg)

All three share a lot of similarities with how Klopp sets up teams and seem to have similar philosophies with regards to what they value in a player, all three loving players that show character on and off the pitch, all three love players that play well in a number of positions, all three seem to value loyalty, and all three are not afriad to give young players a chance.

Although might be a stretch to say Rangnick is/was influenced by Klopp given he is a guy that Klopp often namechecks as being a major influence on how Klopp sees the game.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 04:50 PM   #8338
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Whoever it is will be a step down
Old 04-03-21, 05:01 PM   #8339
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Whoever it is will be a step down
Right now anyone we could think of would be a step down, but hopefully in whatever number of years the person we get in will not be as big a step down as a football manager as he would be right now.

The step down in terms of being a properly decent and inspiring human being on the other hand I think is inevitable. In that respect, Jurgen for me breathes the same rarified air as Bill, Bob and Kenny.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:18 PM   #8340
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

I know it was a different time but Bob probably seemed a step down from Shanks and look how that turned out. Jurgen has set the new dynasty in place. Get a man with similar footballing beliefs and keep the general club structure in place and we should carry on being successful. But I will always miss Jurgens personality no matter who comes next.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:28 PM   #8341
Corndog
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
For some reason I have had a gut feeling that Nagelsmann could end up managing us in three or four years if he continues to do well as a manager and especially if he manages to win some silverware along the way.

Rangnick is another guy that I felt could be a shorter term appointment for us at some stage.

And to continue the RB trend, I would not be hugely surprised if someone like Jesse Marsch was on our owner's radar at some point in the future. American, progressive, builds teams that can punch above their weight ( Although more in European football than domestically in the case of RB Salzburg)

All three share a lot of similarities with how Klopp sets up teams and seem to have similar philosophies with regards to what they value in a player, all three loving players that show character on and off the pitch, all three love players that play well in a number of positions, all three seem to value loyalty, and all three are not afriad to give young players a chance.

Although might be a stretch to say Rangnick is/was influenced by Klopp given he is a guy that Klopp often namechecks as being a major influence on how Klopp sees the game.

I also think Nagelsmann could be in the running but I personally hope not. He's got a decent record and is very young but he comes across a bit of a narcissistic twat.

Rangnick & Marsch possibly, Pochettino depending on where he's at when the time comes.... I actually think Ralph Hassenhuettl could be a consideration.

Lucien Favre potentially another although much more left of field.

Whilst he's had a bit of an inconsistent time at Southampton, I think he's done a good job and got them on a good track of improvement overall. Another one who has the Red Bull connection too.

Gerrard's definitely a possibility but I'd like to see him take control of another prem side first. He's done very well at Rangers no doubt.

The question mark I have around him is how much of that success was down to his connections with LFC / his status as a recently retired legendary player within the game who lots of players want to play for. Would those players have gone to Rangers without the status he brings or his connection to a club that produces lots of decent players?

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:54 PM   #8342
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
I also think Nagelsmann could be in the running but I personally hope not. He's got a decent record and is very young but he comes across a bit of a narcissistic twat.

Rangnick & Marsch possibly, Pochettino depending on where he's at when the time comes.... I actually think Ralph Hassenhuettl could be a consideration.

Lucien Favre potentially another although much more left of field.

Whilst he's had a bit of an inconsistent time at Southampton, I think he's done a good job and got them on a good track of improvement overall. Another one who has the Red Bull connection too.

Gerrard's definitely a possibility but I'd like to see him take control of another prem side first. He's done very well at Rangers no doubt.

The question mark I have around him is how much of that success was down to his connections with LFC / his status as a recently retired legendary player within the game who lots of players want to play for. Would those players have gone to Rangers without the status he brings or his connection to a club that produces lots of decent players?
Anyone coming from the Red Bull set up seem to suit us - Naglesmann is a super young coach but has won nothing and he chops and changes his tactics so often that you need a team of generalists. Marsch looks interesting but surely he’ll replace Naglesmann, Rose is good but off to BVB and Gerrard still needs to manage in a more competitive league for me
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 11:07 PM   #8343
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Hate to say it but Jurgen doesn't seem to know what to do.
Old 04-03-21, 11:09 PM   #8344
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Football is dead without fans and this is clearly klopps kyptonite.
Old 04-03-21, 11:10 PM   #8345
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post

Old 04-03-21, 11:12 PM   #8346
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Haha, yeah. He feeds off the crowd. He is making some random decisions though.

I must admit the whole thing feels like a charade.
Old 04-03-21, 11:13 PM   #8347
Assassin
Kloppite

If Klopp was at any other club right now he would be sacked. That’s how pityful we are
Old 04-03-21, 11:15 PM   #8348
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

No, Klopp shouldn’t be sacked after one bad season. That’s not in the LFC DNA.
Old 04-03-21, 11:16 PM   #8349
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

The subs were absolutely baffling, the sort of muddled, bizarre thinking managers tend to slip into when everything's going wrong.
Old 04-03-21, 11:17 PM   #8350
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
No, Klopp shouldn’t be sacked after one bad season. That’s not in the LFC DNA.
I didn’t say he should be sacked........
Old 04-03-21, 11:18 PM   #8351
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
I didn’t say he should be sacked........
But you implied we are pitiful for not doing so.
Old 04-03-21, 11:18 PM   #8352
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The subs were absolutely baffling, the sort of muddled, bizarre thinking managers tend to slip into when everything's going wrong.
Should have been Jota and Keita for Firmino and Jones
Old 04-03-21, 11:20 PM   #8353
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
But you implied we are pitiful for not doing so.
No, I was making a statement about how abysmal the team is......

Anyways I’m outta here....enjoy the Fulham debacle.....I’m done with wasting 2 hours of my life every few days.....

Last edited by Assassin; 04-03-21 at 11:22 PM.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 11:20 PM   #8354
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
houllier and Rafa went down the same path.

Overall my feeling is sorrow for the man. He didn't deserve any of this shit show. He's now more than contributing to it and I don't see him turning it around. We've fallen too far too quick.
Old 04-03-21, 11:20 PM   #8355
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
This
Old 04-03-21, 11:21 PM   #8356
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
No, I was making a statement about how abysmal the team is......
Fair enough, aye you’re right then.
Old 04-03-21, 11:22 PM   #8357
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

Taking Salah off was mental. Leaving Firmino and Mane on was equally mental.
Old 04-03-21, 11:23 PM   #8358
Pepe79
Shankly

We’re juggling an intense schedule, tired/out of form players, injured players, players returning from injury.

Subbing Mo off and bringing Milner on when we’re chasing the game may look mad. But it’s not always as black and white as it can seem to us. We have to remember that Klopp and the coaching staff are making their decisions with far more information than we have.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 11:27 PM   #8359
BigChief
Paisley

This isn't a season to be judging teams, players or managers (except maybe Lampard which was correct). We'll find out if anything is permanent next season.
Old 04-03-21, 11:28 PM   #8360
hoeyd2
Benitez

People can come out of slumps. He doesn't need to leave us to get better. We don't need him to leave us to get better. He'll get there.

We likely won't be in the Champions League next year, but is there anyone else you'd want fighting for us to get back there when we have crowds again?
hoeyd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC