It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 12-03-20, 10:12 AM   #321
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Needs a fuck up free performance v Everton for me to even look at him again. He’s sleeping on the couch.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:16 AM   #322
Sus
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Needs a fuck up free performance v Everton for me to even look at him again. Heís sleeping on the couch.
Or a 3 hour drive through a blizzard
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:17 AM   #323
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Or a 3 hour drive through a blizzard
Yeah, his Twitter team have no idea what it’s like.

Ended up a 5 hour drive. Snow pretty much from Penrith over all the higher ground, whilst Adrian would have been tucked up in bed! Not a sign of snow this morning here.

Last edited by Buzzo; 12-03-20 at 10:40 AM. Reason: I’m fucking tired.
Old 12-03-20, 10:26 AM   #324
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

In the summer we say thanks for the memories now gerrrr outttt!!! Can't be attempting to carry that in the cups or if Alisson is injured. Obviously we won't be getting Ter Stegen to come and sit on the bench behind the best goalkeeper in the sports history but we might be able to get someone who can pass the ball and dive properly.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:35 AM   #325
cannotmakeit
Fagan

Karius is coming back in the summer.
cannotmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:38 AM   #326
RedAndWhite
Dalglish

He fucked up but odd as it may seem if he had been busier all night I dont think he would have. One major difference between him and indeed most other keepers and true world class keepers is concentration - he was out of the game for such long periods he kinda switched off which may have led to his mistake for the first. Not that i am giving him a free pass on that one, it was still his fuck up that gave them the chance and the shot was saveable, but if he had been more involved and switched on then i dont think that happens.

And i agree with the sentiment here - he is No. 1 at probably 14/15 of other clubs in the Premiership.
RedAndWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:42 AM   #327
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

He doesnít sweep like Alisson does and you can see heís not fully synced to the way we play. Itís difficult for him and I think heís probably better than what heís shown last night.
Old 12-03-20, 11:13 AM   #328
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

He seems a bit out of his depth in terms of the level he is being asked to perform. It seems that given the pressure he is operating slightly out of his comfort zone. Could we have a better number 2? After the last 2 games that doesn’t feel impossible.

I’d love to have seen a monitor on Andy Lonergan's heart rate when Adrian went down after he made hard work of that save in the second half
Old 12-03-20, 11:23 AM   #329
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

There is no doubt he fucked up badly last night and has had a few ropey moments lately. However he has been really good at times, especially filling in for Allison early season and is probably as good a back up keeper as we need. We were just unlucky Allison wasnt available for one of our biggest games of the season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:41 AM   #330
labourRed
Shankly

We have Kamil Grabara to come into the mix next year.

Adrian cost us the game last night, I watched the Barcelona game last night. He saved us from Alba on the stroke of half time and countless times in the second half.

The goalkeeper position was the difference last night. But they had a worldie and we had a journeyman second.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:04 PM   #331
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Early part of the season I felt he played well

Last couple of games hes been poor for me yesterday his mistake cost us big time

If Alisson was in goal I think we go through
Old 12-03-20, 12:25 PM   #332
S-RED
Dalglish

If Alisson was in goal we go through, end of.

he wouldn't be No1 at 14/15 prem clubs or he wouldn't have been training in spain on his own before the start of the season.

Definatley a step too far from him; i agree it appears to be a concentration thing.

There were a couple of examples 2nd half when we were pushed up & they hoofed the ball forward, it took both Virg & TAA to shout at him to come out & get the ball rather than those players having to run another 30 yds to collect the ball.

thanks & goodbye at season end
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-20, 04:29 PM   #333
wiw
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In the summer we say thanks for the memories now gerrrr outttt!!! Can't be attempting to carry that in the cups or if Alisson is injured. Obviously we won't be getting Ter Stegen to come and sit on the bench behind the best goalkeeper in the sports history but we might be able to get someone who can pass the ball and dive properly.

He's much better than his recent performances (I think!) but think he's just more comfortable with the defence on his lap. Stick 40 yards between him and the centre backs and he shits a brick. Get a keeper better suited to our style
Old 14-03-20, 04:43 PM   #334
Liverpool
Paisley

I think he's been figured out. He's great at point blank reaction but keeps getting done from distance.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-20, 09:06 PM   #335
vlahka
Still sulking...

You'd have to ask if we know his weaknesses, like distance mentioned, why dont our defenders change the way they play to help with that? Usually tactics are modified to support problems. While he wasnt too stellar in the athletico game, hes arguably had far more better games for us than bad. And how often can you say that about a backup keeper of ours, let alone a first choice keeper? I also dont think theres a keeper alive who hasnt passed it straight to an opposition player by accident. Pretty sure Allison's done it too. It was just unfortunate they scored when Adrian did it. Mind you I was screaming at the defenders for letting Lloriente advance with it as far as he did without a challenge.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC