It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 12-03-20, 07:11 AM   #481
destinydude
Dalglish

So fucking gutted
Old 12-03-20, 07:16 AM   #482
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I get your point - last week we were on for the treble and invincible or whatever, and now we only have the league. It's a little disappointing because this team is the best in Europe, and were capable of winning everything, with a little luck...

but fuck me, what a self-entitled cunty attitude to have. We have to win everything, every year to be successful? 3 years ago we weren't in Europe at all - not even he Europa league. In those 3 years, we qualified for Champions league 4 times, got to 2 finals, won one of them.

Last year, we win the ultimate prize in football, and everyone (me included) saying how we would swap it for the league- that's the one we wanted for years, the bread and butter, etc etc etc... Now we walk the league, and we have morons like you saying how the season is a downer.

If this season is a downer for you, you're best off finding a new hobby.
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 08:45 AM   #483
Sus
Houllier

Quote:
I get your point - last week we were on for the treble and invincible or whatever, and now we only have the league. It's a little disappointing because this team is the best in Europe, and were capable of winning everything, with a little luck...

but fuck me, what a self-entitled cunty attitude to have. We have to win everything, every year to be successful? 3 years ago we weren't in Europe at all - not even he Europa league. In those 3 years, we qualified for Champions league 4 times, got to 2 finals, won one of them.

Last year, we win the ultimate prize in football, and everyone (me included) saying how we would swap it for the league- that's the one we wanted for years, the bread and butter, etc etc etc... Now we walk the league, and we have morons like you saying how the season is a downer.

What a great post. Completely agree

Apart from the usual disappointment, for me it's also the fact that we have a truly great team at the moment, which has a limited shelf life like all teams.

So I want us to win as much as possible in the few years this team has together!

But i would have ripped your hand off at the beginning of the season for where we are in the league
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 08:54 AM   #484
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Even the great teams lose in disappointing circumstances, look at AC Milan in 2005!

But today I rejoiced when we scored but I got over the loss really quickly, I actually didn't care.

I think I'll be more into mountain biking when this season is done.
Old 12-03-20, 11:10 AM   #485
fabinho
Evans

Quote:

So you agree in the first part of your post with the sentiment and understand the reasoning, but then you say I have a cunty attitude I have and should take up another hobby

Its not hard is it. I've explained the reasoning behind it, and even acknowledged that its crazy to think like this considering the league position, but its now gone a little flat, and I think that 99% of fans will feel this way today if they're being completely honest and not trying to prove themselves to be a superfan. I bet the players feel this way too, as will Klopp.

This side, as many have said have done so well of late, that to be out of everything else in March is a little disappointing. I think the main issue for me, probably the overriding problem, is that this seasons fight has now gone, and everyone needs something to be fighting for, be it the title, a cup, or CL qualification. The fact that the league has been sewn up so early has had its affect, and the threat of coronavirus is looming over the calendar and end of season celebrations is just compounding things.
Old 12-03-20, 11:44 AM   #486
Yozza
Shankly

Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid: ‘Reds' First mistake cost them Atletico tie' - Mark Lawrenson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51846931

Spot on by Lawro...

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:12 PM   #487
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

I thought we played really well, for maybe 95 minutes we were full value for going through

That was one of the best games I have seen Chamberlain play for us I thought he was exceptional particularly 2nd half. People go on about that Partey being a good player but I think Chamberlain got behind him so many times he didnt know if it was Wembley or Wednesday

Wijnaldum and Henderson also had another great game

We created plenty of chances and despite scoring two goals were somewhat profligate at times

The mistake by Adrian was a killer and you could see a lot of confidence drain out of the team, this shows how good Alisson is, because if he was playing I dont think we would have conceded that goal and I think Alisson would have probably saved the shot anyway (and maybe the 2nd also)

Disappointed with the result and the Adrian mistakes but the performance was fine
Old 12-03-20, 12:15 PM   #488
poorscousertommy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
I thought we played really well, for maybe 95 minutes we were full value for going through

That was one of the best games I have seen Chamberlain play for us I thought he was exceptional particularly 2nd half. People go on about that Partey being a good player but I think Chamberlain got behind him so many times he didnt know if it was Wembley or Wednesday

Wijnaldum and Henderson also had another great game

We created plenty of chances and despite scoring two goals were somewhat profligate at times

The mistake by Adrian was a killer and you could see a lot of confidence drain out of the team, this shows how good Alisson is, because if he was playing I dont think we would have conceded that goal and I think Alisson would have probably saved the shot anyway (and maybe the 2nd also)

Disappointed with the result and the Adrian mistakes but the performance was fine
This is spot on. We battered them for most of the game.

It's gutting to go out but that was the best we've played this year.

Such a terrible time for Allison to get injured
poorscousertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:22 PM   #489
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorscousertommy View Post
This is spot on. We battered them for most of the game.

It's gutting to go out but that was the best we've played this year.

Such a terrible time for Allison to get injured
Yep Alisson a big miss, I think this is what Klopp talked about last night needing luck to win that tournament

You need your players to stay fit and you need that bit of luck in the games

All that said I can actually see that tournament being suspended and probably longer than the Premier League will be
Old 12-03-20, 12:28 PM   #490
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

For me, last night highlighted our absolute lack of quality on the bench. Salah and Mane were really wasteful and wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now. But we couldn't take them off and we don't have somebody we can bring on who's likely to cause the opposition any issues.
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:40 PM   #491
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Origi should have replaced mane in normal time, Sadio was that bad.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:49 PM   #492
S-RED
Dalglish

Don't get the not using Minamino policy at present; not sure Derek would have been my choice to replace Mane, but Minamino would have. I know he hasn't pulled up any trees since his arrival, but his brain works at Firmy/Salah level
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:59 PM   #493
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Don't get the not using Minamino policy at present; not sure Derek would have been my choice to replace Mane, but Minamino would have. I know he hasn't pulled up any trees since his arrival, but his brain works at Firmy/Salah level
Hes struggled for me, to get anywhere near the pace and wavelength of our players and he looks hopelessly lost when he comes on

He takes up some good positions at times but when he receives the ball its just not clicking

Origi has pace and is decent in the air, it made sense to bring him on
Old 12-03-20, 01:10 PM   #494
Mr Pink
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
So you agree in the first part of your post with the sentiment and understand the reasoning, but then you say I have a cunty attitude I have and should take up another hobby

Its not hard is it. I've explained the reasoning behind it, and even acknowledged that its crazy to think like this considering the league position, but its now gone a little flat, and I think that 99% of fans will feel this way today if they're being completely honest and not trying to prove themselves to be a superfan. I bet the players feel this way too, as will Klopp.

This side, as many have said have done so well of late, that to be out of everything else in March is a little disappointing. I think the main issue for me, probably the overriding problem, is that this seasons fight has now gone, and everyone needs something to be fighting for, be it the title, a cup, or CL qualification. The fact that the league has been sewn up so early has had its affect, and the threat of coronavirus is looming over the calendar and end of season celebrations is just compounding things.

I didn’t agree with your point. I said I get it - i.e. I understand why you might think that. 31 teams get knocked out if the champions league, and countless more (like United) don’t even qualify for it. We’re all obviously disappointed about last night, but this season is anything but a downer.

It’s not about being a super fan- it’s about being a non self entitled human... we’ve been watching our team win week in, week out, breaking records left right and center.

Of course we’re all disappointed to be knocked out if CL, but if you think the season is a downer, think it says a lot about you, and you should find another hobby, cos you might be waiting a long time for a better season...
Old 12-03-20, 02:03 PM   #495
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

We looked world class in that second half, we could have realistically come out as 5-0 winners had things gone our way.

But that is football, sometimes it just doesn't happen for you. Look at our game against Villa, they must have felt the same (without the battering us part!)
Old 12-03-20, 02:13 PM   #496
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah we didn’t get the bounce of the ball in the box a fair few times in the game and Oblak was immense. The second half was about as dominant as you will see in football nd we were playing Athletico Madrid...!!!

They rope-a-doped us. Just as we fixed them with the killer blow they scored.

But saying all of that we go through 2-0 winners with AB in goal.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 02:16 PM   #497
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffin View Post
For me, last night highlighted our absolute lack of quality on the bench. Salah and Mane were really wasteful and wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now. But we couldn't take them off and we don't have somebody we can bring on who's likely to cause the opposition any issues.
Yeah, was thinking the same re attacking options off the bench.
Old 12-03-20, 02:32 PM   #498
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffin View Post
I know what you are saying. But I think that a few of the players have let the club down a bit. I think Shaqiri and Keita should both be pushing for starting spots. But neither of them seems physically suitable for playing in a Jurgen Klopp team. Origi has regressed if anything. End of last season he was a handy guy to have in the team. Now he doesn't really offer anything.

I think the fact that Salah and Mane have basically played non-stop football for a couple of years now - with both LFC and their national teams - means that they are running on empty. They really are. Klopp has questioned the international football calendar and it is easy to see why. He had a fuckin awesome team and the fact that we have so many miles on the clock now is just catching up with us. The fact that the likes of Keita, Origi and Shaqiri have underperformed and couldn't be relied upon - has just meant that the likes of Salah and Mane are even more knackered.

However, i think the team will bounce fuckin back from this. We've been unreal as a force for pretty much the entire season up to about 2 weeks ago. And if you look at our squad, then it can be improved upon.

Personally, I wouldn't mind for the Euros and Olympics to be sacked off this year - and for our players to get a real proper rest in the summer. And with - perhaps 3 or 4 good signings to replace the non-performers - then how fuckin good will we be??

Werner, Havertz, new CB, now goalie - and we are really cooking on gas.
frank the tank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 02:41 PM   #499
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I know what you are saying. But I think that a few of the players have let the club down a bit. I think Shaqiri and Keita should both be pushing for starting spots. But neither of them seems physically suitable for playing in a Jurgen Klopp team. Origi has regressed if anything. End of last season he was a handy guy to have in the team. Now he doesn't really offer anything.

I think the fact that Salah and Mane have basically played non-stop football for a couple of years now - with both LFC and their national teams - means that they are running on empty. They really are. Klopp has questioned the international football calendar and it is easy to see why. He had a fuckin awesome team and the fact that we have so many miles on the clock now is just catching up with us. The fact that the likes of Keita, Origi and Shaqiri have underperformed and couldn't be relied upon - has just meant that the likes of Salah and Mane are even more knackered.

However, i think the team will bounce fuckin back from this. We've been unreal as a force for pretty much the entire season up to about 2 weeks ago. And if you look at our squad, then it can be improved upon.

Personally, I wouldn't mind for the Euros and Olympics to be sacked off this year - and for our players to get a real proper rest in the summer. And with - perhaps 3 or 4 good signings to replace the non-performers - then how fuckin good will we be??

Old 12-03-20, 02:54 PM   #500
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

Don't know if it was because I was there, but I am buzzing after last night (unless buzzing is an early coronovirus sign?). This team is by far the best I have ever witnessed in person.

We played some incredible football. (If it weren't for the mistake) it was a near flawless performance, and if play at that tempo, with that attitude not many will live with us.

I also feel we have a few gears to go up.

But yes, not having a like for like replacement for Salah and Mane is an issue (and Henderson), its impossible to believe Klopp and Edwards etc arent considering this.
Old 13-03-20, 05:36 PM   #501
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

Old 14-03-20, 12:14 AM   #502
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:

Transfer window is going to be mad no one can plan in advance so they will only move once the matches resume and even then it will depend on whether any windows are open or not
Old 14-03-20, 12:29 AM   #503
BigChief
Paisley

Not sure how I feel about losing now. Hurt obviously. But would I have felt worse had we won and then it was cancelled day after? Won't know now I guess. Either way, feck you Simeone and your diving tossers. Enjoy the rest of your non existent campaign.
Old 14-03-20, 06:33 AM   #504
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Not sure how I feel about losing now. Hurt obviously. But would I have felt worse had we won and then it was cancelled day after? Won't know now I guess. Either way, feck you Simeone and your diving tossers. Enjoy the rest of your non existent campaign.
But if we had of won the match and then the rest of the competition got canned we could claim to be the reigning champions for another 12 months. We’d be unbearable hey
Old 14-03-20, 08:58 AM   #505
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
But if we had of won the match and then the rest of the competition got canned we could claim to be the reigning champions for another 12 months. We’d be unbearable hey
If it gets canned, we are still reigning champions
Old 14-03-20, 10:40 AM   #506
Exiled_red
Paisley

I would rather all competitions continue (resume when appetopriate) and we win the league title that we deserve rather than hold onto a CL title a little longer by default, that would mean nothing.
Old 14-03-20, 11:24 AM   #507
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Exactly.
Old 14-03-20, 01:24 PM   #508
Sus
Houllier

If it gets canned, chances are so does the PL. No thanks...
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-20, 10:40 PM   #509
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
True but we weren’t a chance of winning it again was more my point.
Old 16-03-20, 08:00 PM   #510
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Hard to believe this was only 5 days ago.
Old 16-03-20, 08:01 PM   #511
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Hard to believe this was only 5 days ago.

Feels like it was months ago. Think time is being affected too.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-20, 01:01 AM   #512
Mr Pink
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
How the fuck have we managed to turned this season into a downer?

Welcome back the Liverpool of old.

Are you happy now?! This is karma, good job!

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC