It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 25-02-20, 08:13 PM   #8681
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
There's absolutely no value in a third bout. Fury has probably won 17 of the 19 round they've boxed and he'd just outclass him again. I don't see why Fury and Joshua can't get it on this summer. They've wasted enough time already.
Because Eddie Hearn is a massive wanker.

Joshua is going to fight Pulev and then Usyk this year and Hearn is going to make various excuses as to why the Fury fight couldn't take place.

Take your pick from

- Joshua's the A side. We want 60 - 40. He sold out Wembley.
- Joshua's got several mandatory fights. He's GOT to fight these guys. We
really don't wanna but we've GOT to.
- Joshua would get smashed by Fury and my gravy train would be derailed.
We're on the hook with DAZN for hundereds of millions and need Joshua to
fight bums to boost our subscriber base
Old 25-02-20, 10:25 PM   #8682
Mr Darko
Benitez

Lmao...I missed this but apparently a new excuse from Wilder in one of his post match interviews with Boxing Scene.

He claims the only reason his assistant trainer Mark Breland threw in the towel was because the boxer Anthony Dirrell was sitting near Wilder's corner and told Breland to throw the towel in to save the champ. Wilder thinks this is a conspiracy because Dirrell is trained by Sugar Hill...

Quote:
He was influenced by [Anthony] Dirrell. They said [Anthony] Dirrell was in back of him screaming, ‘Throw the towel in! We love our champ!’ And, you know, [Anthony] works with ‘Sugar’ as well, the opposite trainer, Tyson’s trainer. [Dirrell] works with him, too. [Breland] said he didn’t hear nothing, but everybody’s saying the same thing. A lot of people that’s around, a lot of people that was in my camp, and if everybody’s hearing it and if my people in the corner can hear him, and Mark said he can’t hear [him], there’s something wrong with that
Looking forward to the next 10 excuses.

Last edited by Mr Darko; 25-02-20 at 10:27 PM.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 12:29 PM   #8683
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Because Eddie Hearn is a massive wanker.

Joshua is going to fight Pulev and then Usyk this year and Hearn is going to make various excuses as to why the Fury fight couldn't take place.

Take your pick from

- Joshua's the A side. We want 60 - 40. He sold out Wembley.
- Joshua's got several mandatory fights. He's GOT to fight these guys. We
really don't wanna but we've GOT to.
- Joshua would get smashed by Fury and my gravy train would be derailed.
We're on the hook with DAZN for hundereds of millions and need Joshua to
fight bums to boost our subscriber base
Not sure you can blame Hearn if a rematch clause was in the contract? how do you get out of it?

can't blame Wilder either, One last
pay day akin to Rodwell staying at Sunderland.....can't see him getting anywhere that money ever again

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 01:42 PM   #8684
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Darko View Post
Lmao...I missed this but apparently a new excuse from Wilder in one of his post match interviews with Boxing Scene.

He claims the only reason his assistant trainer Mark Breland threw in the towel was because the boxer Anthony Dirrell was sitting near Wilder's corner and told Breland to throw the towel in to save the champ. Wilder thinks this is a conspiracy because Dirrell is trained by Sugar Hill...

Looking forward to the next 10 excuses.
It's fascinating psychologically how heavyweight boxers react to bad defeats. Some go away and get all moody and introverted, with their ego dented, and take a while to build themselves back up again. Often they need a couple of confidence building fights afterwards to restore that unshakable belief required to win at the top level.

Wilder is going down the other route - carry on as normal because it was all a big mistake and he didn't really deserve to lose in the first place. In his head he's still the best.

Thing is, that approach can work if it's just a bad decision, or a lucky shot, that has beaten you. When the whole world has seen you get completely taken apart by another fighter, the number of excuses you have to throw out there just makes you look ridiculous. I'm not sure he can sustain this bullshit until the next fight with the whole world laughing at him.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 12:27 AM   #8685
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 02:42 AM   #8686
Mr Darko
Benitez

This is amazing ...

(Mods: Please delete if not allowed)
Old 27-02-20, 08:08 AM   #8687
spud_gun
Paisley

Old 28-02-20, 09:41 AM   #8688
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Yeah he doesn't look in a good way.

I get why Wilder was still pissed the towel was thrown. He has crazy one punch power even when he's dead on his feet, so he'll feel he's only ever one punch away from ending it.

Definitely the right decision from the corner though based on that video.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-20, 05:26 PM   #8689
Liverpool
Paisley

Who do people want to win between AJ v Fury?

Always been AJ but edging towards Fury these days
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-20, 06:56 PM   #8690
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Same
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-20, 07:31 PM   #8691
Mr Darko
Benitez

Fury for many reasons...

Better entertainer: interviews, ring entrances, engagement with his fans. AJ has the most belts and is supposed to be the baddest man on the planet but hides away like a coward and let's hearn do all the interviews. AJ is more elusive that Al Haymon.

Fury gives a lot to charity/those in need - a lot of it he doesn't even mention but reported by others even when Fury doesn't want them telling people.

Fury has helped loads of people with mental health issues - even loads of non-boxing fans.
Fury wasn't a dealer & never part of a gang that went around mugging/beating people up.

Fury is smart guy & student of boxing - beat one of the most dangerous heavyweights (KO %) of all time twice in two completely different ways.

AJ is absolutely loaded: fight money, dozens of sponsorship deals worth millions yet trains at faciilities built for amateur boxers paid for by the British tax payer.

AJ's promoter is a snake - better for boxing fans when Hearn's power is limited. Hearns greed has the potential to get in the way of big fights happening.

Fury has proved he isn't afraid of anyone I.e. beating Vlad in Germany, and beating Wilder twice in the states. AJ got his ass beat on his fight in the US and he beat a lazy, obese Ruiz in Saudi, but still ran around the ring like a coward.
Old 28-02-20, 08:05 PM   #8692
labourRed
Shankly

Yes, but let's not whitewash that Fury is far from whiter than white.

It'd be a fun fight to watch though. Better than Wilder Fury anyway.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-20, 08:12 PM   #8693
Zapater
Dalglish

Don't particularly like Joshua or any other heavyweight (excluding Usyk), but obviously despise Fury. He's by far one of the most despicable people in sports. Wins a fight and suddenly everyone thinks he's a great guy. He's a fucking bigot. Justify it as you will. If he were in another sport he'd be done. See Israel Folau.

Quote:
Better entertainer: interviews, ring entrances, engagement with his fans. AJ has the most belts and is supposed to be the baddest man on the planet but hides away like a coward and let's hearn do all the interviews. AJ is more elusive that Al Haymon.
Not fair at all, Fury has an awful style, boring fights. Leaning, grabbing, slapping etc. The boxing is entertainment for me and in the ring watching any of the Fury clan 'fight' is like watching paint dry. Joshua is on Graham Norton every year and on SSN some bit, he's hardly invisible, old ladies know who he is.

Quote:
Fury has helped loads of people with mental health issues - even loads of non-boxing fans.

Fury wasn't a dealer & never part of a gang that went around mugging/beating people up.
You could reverse that and say Joshua has never been controversial with clear discriminatory comments towards many different minorities. Fury complains about people racially abusing him, but he does the same to other people. Hard to sympathise really. Then hides behind religion, what a twat.

Quote:
AJ's promoter is a snake - better for boxing fans when Hearn's power is limited. Hearns greed has the potential to get in the way of big fights happening.
Seriously? Which boxing promoter isn't a snake? If we have our preference towards fighters based on their promoters, we'd want all of them to lose every fight.

Quote:
Fury has proved he isn't afraid of anyone I.e. beating Vlad in Germany, and beating Wilder twice in the states. AJ got his ass beat on his fight in the US and he beat a lazy, obese Ruiz in Saudi, but still ran around the ring like a coward
Ran like a coward? I'd like to see you get into the ring with Ruiz and go toe to toe with him. I love it how non-fighters assess and question the bravery of people who repeatedly put everything on the line.

Neither of them have really fought a lot of the better names out there, but Fury's opponents pretty bad. His last 10 opponents contain many journeymen. Seferi, Pianeta, Schwartz, Wallin, Abel, Johnson - cannon fodder. AJ at least fights guys in the top 10 whom we've heard of. Povetkin, Martin, Takam, Whyte etc are credible names.
Zapater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 11:49 AM   #8694
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Who do people want to win between AJ v Fury?

Always been AJ but edging towards Fury these days
I can see why, but I'd still go with AJ.

Fury has seemed like less of a wanker recently, but for some of the views he holds I don't want to see him a unifying champion.

Boxing wise, then Fury deserves a lot of respect, and he has shown some humility (towards AJ) and his new understanding of mental health issues has made me respect him more.
Old 03-03-20, 01:17 PM   #8695
spud_gun
Paisley

Fury is a genius inside the ring.

The only heavy I can see beating him is Lennox Lewis
Old 16-03-20, 11:58 AM   #8696
fidget
Shankly

Fury accused of bribing farmer to say he sold him wild boar which was his defence against testing positive for nandrolone.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-20, 11:57 PM   #8697
Zapater
Dalglish

Roger Mayweather passed away. Only 58, but he's been in a bad way for some time, so hardly a surprise. Definitely fought on way too long and paid the price. I remember an interview around 10 years ago where he said that between the diabetes and the quantity of fights, he had no expectation of a long life and accepts that his health had been compromised. Really good fighter, I really enjoyed his bout with Pernell Whitaker. Those Chavez fights couldn't have been good for him or his career though.

Makes you wonder how much Floyd Sr has left. Nowhere near the career in the ring that Roger had, so didn't sustain that punishment, but he's much older and doesn't seem in the best condition either.
Old 22-03-20, 04:28 PM   #8698
Mr Darko
Benitez

Another classy stunt by Billy Joe Saunders on Friday - he phones Delta airlines and tells them one of his friends has corona virus, this is for a flight from Las Vegas to New York that trainer Ben Davison, Josh Taylor, and BJS mate are about to board. All three get pulled off the plane. Tries to claim he's concerned because his friend showed symptoms, yet is also recorded bursting out laughing during the call.

Link DM

Along with this he's: stopped a drug-addict on the street and pretended he'd give her some crack if she'd go up to a random guy and slap him. He's pretended he was a Police officer and forced a random guy to strip naked. He's got his kid to punch an opponent in the nuts. What a lovely guy.
Old 22-03-20, 04:34 PM   #8699
ChesterDave
Paisley

I'm not an expert on American Law but they don't tend to take these sort of 'pranks' that well.

He may well find himself in trouble for that
Old 22-03-20, 04:52 PM   #8700
fidget
Shankly

Hopefully - he's scum
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-20, 05:35 PM   #8701
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Another classy stunt by Billy Joe Saunders on Friday - he phones Delta airlines and tells them one of his friends has corona virus, this is for a flight from Las Vegas to New York that trainer Ben Davison, Josh Taylor, and BJS mate are about to board. All three get pulled off the plane. Tries to claim he's concerned because his friend showed symptoms, yet is also recorded bursting out laughing during the call.

Link DM

Along with this he's: stopped a drug-addict on the street and pretended he'd give her some crack if she'd go up to a random guy and slap him. He's pretended he was a Police officer and forced a random guy to strip naked. He's got his kid to punch an opponent in the nuts. What a lovely guy.
Surprised you don't love him, considering that he's best buds with Fury who you idolise. They're cut from exactly the same cloth. Anyway 2 min 35.

Old 29-03-20, 02:04 PM   #8702
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Another classy stunt by Billy Joe Saunders
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52082246
Old 29-03-20, 04:18 PM   #8703
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Anthony Yarde: Boxer says his father has died with coronavirus

British boxer Anthony Yarde says his father has died after contracting coronavirus.

The 28-year-old light-heavyweight has urged people to stay at home, saying his father had been "fit with no health issues" before becoming ill.

"I'm still in shock but maybe this can help people stay at home," Yarde posted on social media.

"The more people go out and mingle, the longer this isolation will last and the more it will spread."

The total confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK on Sunday had reached 19,522, with 1,228 deaths.

Yarde's promoter, Frank Warren, expressed his "sincere condolences to Yarde and his family".

"Coronavirus is an issue affecting all of us, but that doesn’t make the individual casualties any less tragic," he said.

"We hope that his fans listen to Anthony’s heartfelt plea for people to take the government's advice seriously so we can try and minimise the suffering of others."

Yarde's next fight was set to be against Britain's Lyndon Arthur on 11 April, but the event has been delayed until 11 July because of the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52084086
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 08:19 PM   #8704
spud_gun
Paisley

What an utter bell end
Old 30-03-20, 01:28 PM   #8705
spud_gun
Paisley

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...tle-fight-1997
Old 30-03-20, 03:42 PM   #8706
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Watching Holyfield Tyson 1 now. Don't think I've watched it since watching it live. Thrilling first few rounds, but Holyfield's headbutts already very clear and often....obviously they caused Tyson to snap in the 2nd fight but as kind of a fairweather boxing fan and Tyson fan, I'm know I'm biased. What say you lot who know more about it? Holyfield's use of the head out of line or not?
Old 30-03-20, 03:44 PM   #8707
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

This was a fucking amazing era for heavyweight boxing. I loved it.

Old 31-03-20, 10:49 AM   #8708
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Watching Holyfield Tyson 1 now. Don't think I've watched it since watching it live. Thrilling first few rounds, but Holyfield's headbutts already very clear and often....obviously they caused Tyson to snap in the 2nd fight but as kind of a fairweather boxing fan and Tyson fan, I'm know I'm biased. What say you lot who know more about it? Holyfield's use of the head out of line or not?
Holyfield bullied the bully that night. There's no doubt Holyfield knew exactly what he was doing with the headbutts. If the ref isn't going to warn or deduct points then why stop?

Have you ever watched the Tyson vs Buster Douglas fight? Douglas gave Tyson an absolute hiding. It's been a couple of years since i re-watched it but my overriding memory is just how much of a battering Tyson took during the fight.

Holyfield vs Bowe 1 is possibly the best fight from that era. If you've not seen it then i'd highly recommend it. Pay particular attention to round 10.
Old 01-05-20, 09:30 PM   #8709
rodo
Shankly

Old 02-05-20, 02:23 AM   #8710
Frenchie

those body shots...
Old 02-05-20, 10:28 AM   #8711
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Imagine holding them pads fucking hell
Old 02-05-20, 11:37 AM   #8712
labourRed
Shankly

Like that fella, you'd be keen to get your head out of the way.

I've a heavy bag coming on Tuesday. Looking forward to the 30secs I'll manage in pounding the shit out of it.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 02:37 PM   #8713
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Clown show

Old 07-05-20, 02:46 PM   #8714
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

"I'm as game as an American Yankee cock!"

Old 07-05-20, 02:48 PM   #8715
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Also wtf is with their voices? Do they smoke Tom Waits' nail clippings or something?
Old 07-05-20, 02:49 PM   #8716
Mike
Hip Flask Hater

almost as good as this gem:

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 03:20 PM   #8717
spud_gun
Paisley

Mike better be careful or Big John will have his eye out
Old 07-05-20, 05:50 PM   #8718
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
Also wtf is with their voices? Do they smoke Tom Waits' nail clippings or something?
Old 07-05-20, 11:14 PM   #8719
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
those body shots...
Old 08-05-20, 10:45 AM   #8720
Daniel 7
Heretic

What happened to Frenchie?