It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 24-03-20, 09:54 PM   #281
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Oh god, I hope it’s not that long. Shaggy needs to go back to tweeting about football, the music stuff is driving me mad.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 12:18 AM   #282
Liverpool
Paisley

Sander Westerveld played for Everton
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 10:08 AM   #283
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Is that some kind of sleeper cell trigger phrase?
Old 25-03-20, 10:11 AM   #284
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Is that some kind of sleeper cell trigger phrase?
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 10:14 AM   #285
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Sander Westerveld played for Everton
Understood.

Jim Beglin will travel by foot if the weather is clement.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 10:18 AM   #286
Pepe79
Dalglish

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 11:16 AM   #287
Liverpool
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
Understood.

Jim Beglin will travel by foot if the weather is clement.
Only approach Benayoun if in Arsenal shirt, avoid if QPR
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 02:02 PM   #288
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

del

Last edited by Shaggy; 25-03-20 at 02:02 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 04:08 PM   #289
BigChief
Paisley

Didn't notice an Est fantasy football sticky thread so thought I'd add one minor positive: I may end up winning the league by default - Salah-ala-King.
Old 25-03-20, 11:13 PM   #290
dom9
Ant Pisser

So as expected, our council are not licensing any major events until after 31 July.

Decisions on events wanting to be held after that date will be taken some time in May.
Old 26-03-20, 04:23 PM   #291
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 26-03-20, 05:09 PM   #292
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I wish the PL would release a statement saying "no matter what it takes in the future, for Elite teams the 2019/20 season will be completed".
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 05:33 PM   #293
ChesterDave
Paisley

I don't think we'll see movement on elite leagues for a couple of weeks. With an announcement nothing is happening until end of April regardless they will take the window of opportunity to see how things develop
Old 26-03-20, 05:54 PM   #294
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

It's only be 9 days since we lost to A.Madrid
Old 26-03-20, 06:29 PM   #295
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
That's incredible.
Old 26-03-20, 06:38 PM   #296
Gray
Dalglish

Quote:
Eh? bullshit
Old 26-03-20, 06:42 PM   #297
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
It's 15
Old 26-03-20, 07:05 PM   #298
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Eh? bullshit
I was only joking. Someone posted something 6 days after and it seemed an age.

It still feels shit loads longer than 2 weeks ago
Old 26-03-20, 07:09 PM   #299
Gray
Dalglish

Quote:
I was only joking. Someone posted something 6 days after and it seemed an age.

It still feels shit loads longer than 2 weeks ago
This vehicle is reversing........
Old 26-03-20, 09:40 PM   #300
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

beep beep beep
Old 27-03-20, 12:56 AM   #301
McDermotX
Paisley

Quote:
Bundesliga top four make 20m euro cash pledge to other German clubs

The four Bundesliga clubs in this season's Champions League have pledged 20m euros (£18.3m) to support fellow German teams during the coronavirus.

Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen will forego their share of the national media revenue and donate the remainder from their own funds.

The German Football League (DFL) will decide how the money will be distributed.

"We want to send a signal of solidarity to all clubs in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2," Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

The last Bundesliga fixture was played on 11 March and football in Germany's top divisions was suspended with immediate effect on 13 March because of Covid-19.

Former West Germany striker Rummenigge added: "In these difficult times, it's important that the stronger shoulders support the weaker shoulders. With this, we also want to show that football is standing together right now."

Dortmund chief executive officer Hans-Joachim Watzke said: "We have always said that we would show solidarity if clubs, through no fault of their own, should run into difficulties that they can no longer overcome themselves.

"Borussia Dortmund is currently having a major impact on society through a wide range of initiatives. And naturally we are prepared to help out other professional football clubs if it is ultimately a matter of cushioning the financial effects of the pandemic."

Christian Seifert, a spokesman for the DFL executive committee said: "The initiative shows that solidarity is more than just lip service in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2."

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski and his wife Anna have contributed one million euros (£923,900) to fight the virus, team-mates Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich set up a fund called We Kick Corona and contributed one million euros between them, while Manchester City's German winger Leroy Sane has also made a considerable financial donation.

On Wednesday, players and directors at Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund agreed to take temporary pay cuts.
Old 27-03-20, 10:08 AM   #302
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 27-03-20, 10:16 AM   #303
Harv
Randy Marsh

Sick of hearing all these club chairman who have nothing at stake or ex players with a clearly biased view (like that camel lipped twat Ferdinand) say the season should be abandoned and voided. Fuck right off.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 10:18 AM   #304
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Why don't they just make a fucking decision for actual fuck sake. It's obvious we won't be playing before August, maybe not even then so whatever they decide will be a fairly long way off.

I just don't get the reason why we don't resume once it's safe to do so and make contingency for the following season. A calendar season starting Jan 2021 after finishing this one during 4th quarter 2020 makes perfect sense. Or conclude this one and then make a decision on what happens next. It's bollocks not to finish this one but that is exactly where this is headed. Poor cunts who already won promotion to the Nation League yet it's been expunged. Total total bollocks. We're not playing any football and not thinking about it so what is the harm in starting again where we left off with no set date in place? Bollocks

Last edited by Norbs; 27-03-20 at 10:20 AM.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 10:19 AM   #305
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Wouldn't clubs have to pay back TV money and things like that? Refunds for season tickets?

And what happens if there's another spike in coronavirus related incidents later in the year? What happens to that season? This one needs to finish. Next season is the one where the planning needs to begin.
Phoenix07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 10:22 AM   #306
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Even tiny clubs are threatening legal action after voiding them seasons from the 8th division the other day. It's never going to happen no matter how much cowardly chairmen or whatever of nothing clubs beg for it.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 10:32 AM   #307
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Also, given the competitions are all inter connected through Europe, with a shared calendar surely the decision needs to be made by UEFA?
Old 27-03-20, 10:41 AM   #308
S-RED
Dalglish

The next prem league meeting is 3rd April, i expect something to come out of that regarding next steps/plans
S-RED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 10:52 AM   #309
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Also, given the competitions are all inter connected through Europe, with a shared calendar surely the decision needs to be made by UEFA?
They have no jurisdiction over the Premierleague.

Personally, we and the championship teams have played over 75% of the season so i can't see anyone voiding anything. More so with the championship teams.

I can't see any football this year tbh, except for a summer champions league tournament, with heavy medical protocols and behind closed doors.

With no football this year, if that comes true, then i don't see how next season can be completed, so the only thing that makes sense to me is to finish this one then, give all legal challenges a swerve. And finally we can all move on from this shit show in a few years.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 11:02 AM   #310
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

If they do abandon the season and void it I will be done with football as I cant be arsed listening to all the cuntish fans using the deaths of thousands of people to gleefully laugh at liverpool being denied the league plus after waiting 30 years for rival chairman just to throw the season away when it's almost done and drug cheats like rio sanggle tooth Ferdinand and biased ex players to use this as an excuse to deny liverpool what is rightfully ours.

Theres bigger things going on than this ffs but like I said the utter euphoria around liverpool having the title taken away from them when those cheating cunts down the road have 3 or 4 league titles in their pocket when it has been proven they have cheated in winning them.

The integrity of the league will be shot to bits if they fuck us over while at the same time city get to keep theirs. It appears this "anyone but Liverpool" mentality also goes beyond the fans.

If we do miss out I want the club to take legal action against the league and change 18 on the wall of champions to 19. The league might not give us the trophy but we are champions and the club need to acknowledge that despite what some suits say down in london

Last edited by Leyton388; 27-03-20 at 11:07 AM.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 11:06 AM   #311
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
They have no jurisdiction over the Premierleague.

Personally, we and the championship teams have played over 75% of the season so i can't see anyone voiding anything. More so with the championship teams.

I can't see any football this year tbh, except for a summer champions league tournament, with heavy medical protocols and behind closed doors.

With no football this year, if that comes true, then i don't see how next season can be completed, so the only thing that makes sense to me is to finish this one then, give all legal challenges a swerve. And finally we can all move on from this shit show in a few years.
A fluid end of season with the same summer break as always. This one finishes Jan 2021, next one starts Feb 2021, pause for summer and resumes in August 2021. Health pending

Last edited by Norbs; 27-03-20 at 11:14 AM.
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 11:32 AM   #312
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
A fluid end of season with the same summer break as always. This one finishes Jan 2021, next one starts Feb 2021, pause for summer and resumes in August 2021. Health pending
Not quite the timeframes i had in mind.

A preseason of sorts in January. Players won't have played in about 9months.

This season resumes around February.

Finishes early. Then the Euros and whatever spread out all over and then we can start again as per in August/September, losing a season.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 11:48 AM   #313
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyton388 View Post
I cant be arsed listening to all the cuntish fans using the deaths of thousands of people to gleefully laugh at liverpool being denied the league plus after waiting 30 years for rival chairman just to throw the season away when it's almost done and drug cheats like rio sanggle tooth Ferdinand and biased ex players to use this as an excuse to deny liverpool what is rightfully ours.
The solution to that is to simply highlight how much of a morally void cunt they are in taking delight at a global pandemic that has killed tens of thousands of people just so they can WUM about a sporting event
Old 27-03-20, 12:33 PM   #314
Alex
Administrator

Why are people so horny to void this season to save a season that hasn’t even started?
Old 27-03-20, 12:34 PM   #315
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post
Wouldn't clubs have to pay back TV money and things like that? Refunds for season tickets?

And what happens if there's another spike in coronavirus related incidents later in the year? What happens to that season? This one needs to finish. Next season is the one where the planning needs to begin.
They will have to payback the TV money. Bundesliga put their cost to TV broadcasters at Ä770m. I have seen some suggestion that EPL would owe that amount to Sky alone and then we have BT and the foreign broadcasters. How many clubs could afford to payback £50-100m not many

Season tickets is a funny one, I have read that there is some small print in the season ticket terms and conditions which mean they wouldn't be under any obligation to payback their season ticket holders. Would be terrible PR though. For me alone with 4 games left I have lost about £200 worth of games on my Season Ticket and then there is my wifes ticket....
Old 27-03-20, 12:38 PM   #316
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Why are people so horny to void this season to save a season that hasnít even started?
Yep, it'd set a precedent to just keep voiding future seasons half way through if Coronavirus comes back again. Would represent the death knell to professional sport.

Hello mert.
Fivex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 12:41 PM   #317
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It feels like the opportunity to align next season with the Qatar WC is an irresistible solution.

Give ourselves until Christmas to finish all comps including the Euros for19/20, then basically 11 months to run to winter 21, then again leading to Qatar 22.
Old 27-03-20, 12:57 PM   #318
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
It feels like the opportunity to align next season with the Qatar WC is an irresistible solution.

Give ourselves until Christmas to finish all comps including the Euros for19/20, then basically 11 months to run to winter 21, then again leading to Qatar 22.
And stop for the Euros halfway through a season?
Old 27-03-20, 12:59 PM   #319
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
It would be happening for the world cup if we stuck to usual schedules
Old 27-03-20, 01:00 PM   #320
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
Something like that.

Just give themselves time to complete everything. No point pretending we will be back in action in May/June to finish for August, so give ourselves 8 months to do it.

Football is hopeless at thinking on its feet and making things happen.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC