It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM   #7361
Sus
Benitez

To be fair though, if that's a draw then it probably changes how both City and us approach the subsequent games, so, while a body blow, who knows what would have happened

I'm bitter because we've been almost perfect the last 3-4 years (apart from the injury-decimated 20/21) but that's only made us competitive for the title, due to the vase financial gulf. It shouldn't require a team (a very wealthy team, top 5/10 in revenue) to have to be perfect just to be competitive for the league

There's something very wrong with that if that's the case going forward
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM   #7362
Tribute
Shankly

If we all think City's oil money is bad, wait for the Saudi state to finance Newcastle properly and we'll be getting 80+ points every season and getting 3rd...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM   #7363
Sus
Benitez

Ha yes that's fair enough

Maybe the super league isn't so bad after all...
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #7364
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
Doubt we will. Probably for fear of devaluing the brand (winner of 4/5 seasons cheated) I just don't see it. Also because they are probably fearful of a massive legal challenge by City. I reckon we will see a fine and a commitment to comply with the rules. It's a joke.
I fear you are right, this 'investigation' has been going on for 3+ years despite most of the evidence already having been available to UEFA for their investigation which was time barred, we are probably now talking about 10 years of football, if that had acted a couple of years ago it would have been 8. That's potentially 2 more tainted seasons which is bad for the brand.

A fine really would be a piss take for such rule breaches as it is essentially letting t buy their way out of trouble and it is the chucking money around that got them into this in the first place.
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM   #7365
npinn001
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I fear you are right, this 'investigation' has been going on for 3+ years despite most of the evidence already having been available to UEFA for their investigation which was time barred, we are probably now talking about 10 years of football, if that had acted a couple of years ago it would have been 8. That's potentially 2 more tainted seasons which is bad for the brand.

A fine really would be a piss take for such rule breaches as it is essentially letting t buy their way out of trouble and it is the chucking money around that got them into this in the first place.
Everton are similar. Massive losses, but nothing being done. The league lack the bottle to issue points deductions. I expect them to give slaps on the wrist, and then say afterwards that anyone else breaching will get points deductions. Bottle job.
npinn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #7366
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Points deduction for the pitch invasion and we win the league.
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #7367
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by npinn001 View Post
Everton are similar. Massive losses, but nothing being done. The league lack the bottle to issue points deductions. I expect them to give slaps on the wrist, and then say afterwards that anyone else breaching will get points deductions. Bottle job.
Seems like we're in an era where no-one can carry out an independent report anymore... FA, FIFA, UEFA... then there's also the Met, Sue Gray, 1922 Committee, National Audit Office, BBC, ICO, Whitehall, UK Parliamentary Committee, etc...

All a bunch of squirming self-serving spineless toads.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #7368
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Fear of counter action innit
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #7369
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Points deduction for the pitch invasion and we win the league.
More chance of there being point deductions for future incidents than any retro active ones.

Other wise they have to go after Fulham, Forest, Everton and a few other clubs along with City and doubt there would be any stomach for that.

Any pitch invasion that saw managers, players, staff, etc asaulted though should carry hefty points deductions going forward as well as full criminal proceedings being taken against the pitch invaders.
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #7370
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

It's already a criminal offence to enter the field of play, not sure why I can't be enforced now especially factoring in assault
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #7371
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
It's already a criminal offence to enter the field of play, not sure why I can't be enforced now especially factoring in assault

I am saying full criminal proceedings should be brought every time for pitch invasions, as they are not currently brought every time, and that the exact same should apply when contact is made with a manager, player, club employee etc.

I know it is a criminal offence to enter the field of play but until there is action taken every time it happens there will be no reduction in it happening.

Also players should be looking to take legal action as well if they are attacked on the field of play when at an away ground. As in bring legal action against the home club and/or the FA for allowing a work place to be unsafe.

And then bring in something that clearly states there will be points deductions for any assaults on players, managers etc along with the bringing of legal action.
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #7372
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

It's easier to enforce the smaller the crowd too. Sometimes it is overlooked if the team has won something and it's the end of the season. It should come with a caveat though that if a player is assaulted then the book will be thrown
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #7373
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Definitely the best response to the many LFC tweets Gallagher put out.

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #7374
Mr Pink
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
And then bring in something that clearly states there will be points deductions for any assaults on players, managers etc along with the bringing of legal action.
I donít think a point deduction is the way to go- honestly donít think Iíd want to win the title due to a points deduction for fan behavior. It is a serious issue though, and not just citys issue- if we had won the league yesterday, maybe it would have happened at anfield. When you have stadiums of 50-60k, itís just so dangerous to have the fans rush onto the field like that.

Think thereís 2 issues- how should the individuals be punished and how should the club be punished. See the city statement about when the guy who punched the keeper is identified, heíll get an indefinite ban from the stadium- really pisses me off how stuff like that is treated differently at football games, than in normal society. If you run and punch someone in the back of the head, in the street, youíre not gonna be worried about being potentially banned from going to their games. When Elton John plays anfield in June- if thousands of people stormed onto the stage while heís there, and someone even punched him, theyíd be getting a lot more than a ban from future Elton John gigs!

In terms of the clubs punishment- I think a crowd ban makes more sense than a points deduction. I know itís incredibly difficult to stop a crowd from invading a pitch, but in the end of the day, itís their responsibility to provide a safe environment for the players, and other fans- if they canít do that, they should be told to play in an empty(er) stadium. I think something like a 5 game no crowd punishment at the start of next season makes sense.

Keane made a good point on sky yesterday- if fans are scum enough to punch a player, while celebrating their win, whatís to say theyíre not gonna stab someone next time. Itís not like thereís any sort of adequate security to stop people bringing a knife into a stadium. Also itís not like thereís tension between city and villa- just imagine if there was an invasion when they were playing united or us- players would be in serious danger. Or imagine if the away fans stormed onto the pitch too, could have absolute chaos.
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #7375
frank the tank
Paisley

A colleague of mine at work is a city season ticket holder. The fella in front of him fucked off - and took his 12 year old son - when they went 2 down. He said there were quite a few that did......

fuckin dick heads
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM   #7376
ChesterDave
Paisley

They are so badly spoiled with their oil money. Imagine not even staying to the end to see their team off for the seasons effort.
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #7377
Pepe79
Shankly

No wonder they rake in all those huge sponsorship deals, their fan base is fucking massive

Last edited by Pepe79; Yesterday at 06:03 PM.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #7378
ChesterDave
Paisley

edited
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #7379
baitman
Daddy day care

Embarrassing cheating cunts.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #7380
ChesterDave
Paisley

Hahaha. They'll be crying of media bias with Granada news sneaking in a well attended Liverpool parade.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #7381
ChesterDave
Paisley

What is it with all these fucking inflatable bananas?
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #7382
baitman
Daddy day care

If the false attendance figures of fans actually attending emtihad football matches are anything to go by then will will see numbers for this procession well into the millions

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #7383
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
A colleague of mine at work is a city season ticket holder. The fella in front of him fucked off - and took his 12 year old son - when they went 2 down. He said there were quite a few that did......

fuckin dick heads
Thats absolutely baffling.

Given there was no stage of the day when they weren't top of the League, even at 2-0 down. I cant imagine any scenarion where I am not staying when there is a potential trophy lift
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #7384
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
If the false attendance figures of fans actually attending emtihad football matches are anything to go by then will will see numbers for this procession well into the millions
They must be at the parade - only 615 are watching live on their twitter account
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #7385
rodo
Shankly

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #7386
ChesterDave
Paisley

I've seen bigger crowds outside Dixons trying to catch a view of the scores on ceefax
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #7387
Rafa Justice
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
What is it with all these fucking inflatable bananas?
A late 80s thing. Imre Varadi was called Imre Banana by fans who couldn't pronounce his surname. From there came inflatable bananas. It caught on for about 6 months around England with all kinds of inflatables being taken to matches including, yes, blow up dolls.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM   #7388
ChesterDave
Paisley

So why are city only doing it now. Oh wait, sorry, forgot they were only founded 15 years ago
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #7389
Rafa Justice
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
So why are city only doing it now. Oh wait, sorry, forgot they were only founded 15 years ago
Showing off their history
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football