It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 24-10-07, 04:42 PM   #41
El Diego
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chilli View Post
OK, talk away. When did Scotland get further than England? The only one I can think of is 78.

At the end of the day Diego, if you can't take it when some one says "Scotland deserve it" then that's your problem, not mine.

You have made yourself look like a complete idiot with your posts about the past, it's the type of thing I'd expect a 14 year old to come out with
You were the one that had no other reason to go onto a thread about Scotland than to try and have sly little digs You think by saying "scotland have done well lets not forget 78 though ha ha ha" thats not congratulating them thats trying to look as if you were but don't mean it.
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 24-10-07, 04:45 PM   #42
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
You were the one that had no other reason to go onto a thread about Scotland than to try and have sly little digs You think by saying "scotland have done well lets not forget 78 though ha ha ha" thats not congratulating them thats trying to look as if you were but don't mean it.
No reason? It's a football thread on a football forum. That's reason enough for a football supporter to comment.

They weren't sly little digs, but perhaps your insecure mind interpreted them as such. Either way, it's no skin off my nose
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-07, 04:48 PM   #43
johnp
Has you on Ignore

Quote:
Diego, I think you've read the posts the wrong way around.
I don't think he was having a dig.
johnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-07, 04:55 PM   #44
El Diego
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chilli View Post
No reason? It's a football thread on a football forum. That's reason enough for a football supporter to comment.

They weren't sly little digs, but perhaps your insecure mind interpreted them as such. Either way, it's no skin off my nose

Let's just wait and see if Scotland make it and England won't, my bets will be that the Scotland games will be shown on ITV3/4 just like with the rugby with Wales and Scotland.
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-10-07, 04:59 PM   #45
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Quote:
Let's just wait and see if Scotland make it and England won't, my bets will be that the Scotland games will be shown on ITV3/4 just like with the rugby with Wales and Scotland.
So what if they are? Stop being so fucking insecure about it. There are more people in England so the TV audience will be greater if they show England games. THat's just logic and the bloody TV executives don't speak for the entire nation.
IF, IF they have an agenda against Scotland it doesn't mean the whole of England feel the same way. I'd actually like to watch Scotland games if they are the only team to qualidy, just like I supported the Republic of ireland at USA 94.
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Old 24-10-07, 05:11 PM   #46
El Diego
Dalglish

In the rugby they showed New Zealand and Australia on ITV why? ITV is a BRITISH television channel so they should show the home nations games before anyone else.

Old 24-10-07, 05:14 PM   #47
El Diego
Dalglish

One thing I don't like is that the newspaper don't have any Scottish football in it at all. You go to Scotland they have at least 2-3 pages of Premiership, which they should have as a lot of Scots support premiership clubs. Yet there is a lot of Scots living in England and they don't feature at all.

Old 24-10-07, 05:14 PM   #48
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Quote:
In the rugby they showed New Zealand and Australia on ITV why? ITV is a BRITISH television channel so they should show the home nations games before anyone else.
ITV is independant actually so they can show whatever they like to generate the most revenue from advertising.

The BBC is a different matter, but even so, what do you care, it's a TV channel it does not reflect public feeling in any way.
Old 24-10-07, 05:16 PM   #49
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Quote:
One thing I don't like is that the newspaper don't have any Scottish football in it at all. You go to Scotland they have at least 2-3 pages of Premiership, which they should have as a lot of Scots support premiership clubs. Yet there is a lot of Scots living in England and they don't feature at all.
Again, they report what they think will generate the biggest circulation and you can't deny that the premiership does that.

Seriously, as a Liverpool fan you should learn that the media really is shit and not to pay it any attention whatsoever.
Old 24-10-07, 05:16 PM   #50
El Diego
Dalglish

For some reason my freeview box doesn't work in Brum so can't watch it. Thats my problem instead of Scotland V Italy they show stuff such as New Zealand V Portugal.

Old 24-10-07, 05:22 PM   #51
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

You should take it to the TV execs. If they find that enough Scottish people complain then maybe they will change their ways.

I think you should take a step back from the whole "England hates us" mentality from centuries ago and learn to be a bit more open-minded.
Old 24-10-07, 05:24 PM   #52
El Diego
Dalglish

I don't think England hates us. I am sure you remember the rugby world cup thread I was supporting England and defending them. The thing is if you try and have a dig at scottish football I am going to fight back.

Old 24-10-07, 05:26 PM   #53
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!

Quote:
The way I see it The Welsh, Scottish, Irish don't care if England want them to do well and don't mention it. The English expect the whole UK to want them to do well. Which has just been shown by DJS
?????? You weirdo...

I dont even support england and couldnt care less how well they do, or whether anyone else wants them to do well...

If you think the english "expect the whole UK to want them to do well" then you're laughably naive.
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-07, 05:28 PM   #54
Craig_H
Football's all about the kids!

Quote:
I know that I am right as you can't counter my arguement I except your apology
You're a proper little grammatical genius...
Craig_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-07, 05:31 PM   #55
El Diego
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
?????? You weirdo...

I dont even support england and couldnt care less how well they do, or whether anyone else wants them to do well...

If you think the english "expect the whole UK to want them to do well" then you're laughably naive.

I am naive for thinking that the England supporters expect the whole uk to suppoort them do you not listen to sport programs on the radio or telly ?

Old 24-10-07, 05:47 PM   #56
thesilverfoxlfc
Est's Spelling Bee Champion

Oh dear

Great thread

est1892 > Football > General Football