It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 28-08-07, 10:23 AM   #41
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He did show a lack of ambition IMO. He played about as much as a sub keeper does. If he had been a sub keeper of that quality and been happy to scrape enough appearances each season to pick up a winners medal, I would have said he lacked ambition. Fact is he was never going to make it as a regular starter and he just accepted it. Any footballer wants to play, he should have moved to another top side and really tested himself, see if he could make it as a key player in a big team. he got comfortable at Man U and lacked the bottle to really push himself elsewhere. Still he always seemed a likelable sort and was a classy finisher, that is for sure.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 28-08-07, 10:25 AM   #42
tomasjj
Paisley

one question, does crouch lack ambition since he hasn't started in any of the 3 league games so far?
Old 28-08-07, 10:26 AM   #43
Hobbes
Evans

Strange how Ferguson and his teammates applauds Solskjaer for his determination, professionalism and his ambition.

You don't stay at United for 10 years if you lack ambition.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:26 AM   #44
johnp
Has you on Ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcooper4 View Post
two words.

salif

diao
First name that came to my head was Bogarte!
johnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:26 AM   #45
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

It's only three games so far though isnt it, and he has been trying his best to keep it quiet but there have been numerous stories about him having meetings to discuss his future, so yes Crouch has showed ambition.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:27 AM   #46
johnp
Has you on Ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seal Clubber View Post
Strange how Ferguson and his teammates applauds Solskjaer for his determination, professionalism and his ambition.

You don't stay at United for 10 years if you lack ambition.
Wow! They sound like a great team
johnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:28 AM   #47
Pacman
Extremely tubby

Quote:
I saw neil ruddock do it and applauded like fuck, not as much as I applauded in that reserve game though where he broke BOTH of andy coles legs with one foul

Razor
I've organised for Razor to be the next guest speaker at my mates annual charity bash

Can't wait to see the Manc fans faces when he comes out with the line "I didn't mean to break both Andy Coles legs......just the right one"
Old 28-08-07, 10:29 AM   #48
Tee
El Pistolero

Can we fukkin stop this Manc love in - it is making me feel ill. Thank you.
Old 28-08-07, 10:31 AM   #49
Hobbes
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by looprevil View Post

This is the problem, it has nothing to do with United. It's praising a great player of the game.
Old 28-08-07, 10:32 AM   #50
pondus
Dalglish

Quote:

I guess this tells what a good player he was.
Actually, no it doesn't

It's more about opening the sports pages of every national newspaper in Norway every day for the last ten years, Ole this, Ole that, Ole was on the bench, Ole came on for the last 94 seconds of the match, Ole didn't make the squad but still we write more about him than all the other Norwegian players in the prem, Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole, his song was sung 4 times at Old Toilet this afternoon while he was in the treatment room nursing one of his 38 injuries which they write about every day of the week, front page week in week out :whatever:

It's about the commentators (most of them scum shite supporters) who went nuts every time he touched the ball, even when Liverpool play chelsea they manage to mention his name 25 times during a match.

Oooooooooh, did you see his celebration after that goal? He is so calm and cool....... STANDING THERE LOOKING LIKE A **** IS NOT A CELEBRATION, IT'S JUST FUCKING RIDICULOUS

It's about hearing about that lucky goal of his back in '99, when they were played off the park for 93 minutes but still managed to scrape a win Ole in '99, the goal in the '99 final, european champion in '99. I wish that year could be erased from the memory of every sports journalist and TV pundit in Norway!

I guess if he gets a job as coach for the scum under 12's, canal plus in Norway will stop showing premier league matches and buy the exclusive rights to these matches instead

Ok, he was a good finisher, but never a great footballer. Nothing to warrant the hype and endless ass kissing he has been subject to here in Norway.

So I am glad he is gone
pondus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:32 AM   #51
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by looprevil View Post
we all hate mancs and mancs and mancs, mancs and mancs and mancs and mancs, mancs and mancs and mancs, WE ALL FUCKIN HATE MANCS.

U-N-I, T-E-D, Bryan Robson`s got v.d., with a nick nack paddywack give a dog a bone, man united fuck off home.

who`s that dyin on the r...... o.k. i`ll leave that one there before the quegs start whinging
paulcooper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:32 AM   #52
Pacman
Extremely tubby

Quote:
This is the problem, it has nothing to do with United. It's praising a great player of the game.
I wouldn't call him a great player. A decent player but not a great.
Old 28-08-07, 10:34 AM   #53
Pacman
Extremely tubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondus View Post
Actually, no it doesn't

It's more about opening the sports pages of every national newspaper in Norway every day for the last ten years, Ole this, Ole that, Ole was on the bench, Ole came on for the last 94 seconds of the match, Ole didn't make the squad but still we write more about him than all the other Norwegian players in the prem, Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole, his song was sung 4 times at Old Toilet this afternoon while he was in the treatment room nursing one of his 38 injuries which they write about every day of the week, front page week in week out :whatever:

It's about the commentators (most of them scum shite supporters) who went nuts every time he touched the ball, even when Liverpool play chelsea they manage to mention his name 25 times during a match.

Oooooooooh, did you see his celebration after that goal? He is so calm and cool....... STANDING THERE LOOKING LIKE A **** IS NOT A CELEBRATION, IT'S JUST FUCKING RIDICULOUS

It's about hearing about that lucky goal of his back in '99, when they were played off the park for 93 minutes but still managed to scrape a win Ole in '99, the goal in the '99 final, european champion in '99. I wish that year could be erased from the memory of every sports journalist and TV pundit in Norway!

I guess if he gets a job as coach for the scum under 12's, canal plus in Norway will stop showing premier league matches and buy the exclusive rights to these matches instead

Ok, he was a good finisher, but never a great footballer. Nothing to warrant the hype and endless ass kissing he has been subject to here in Norway.

So I am glad he is gone
Old 28-08-07, 10:35 AM   #54
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
we all hate mancs and mancs and mancs, mancs and mancs and mancs and mancs, mancs and mancs and mancs, WE ALL FUCKIN HATE MANCS.
Old 28-08-07, 10:35 AM   #55
Hobbes
Evans

Quote:
Actually, no it doesn't

So I am glad he is gone
Yeah, this is his fault. Damn him for the press focusing on him.
Old 28-08-07, 10:37 AM   #56
Pacman
Extremely tubby

Quote:
He never said that he just hates the **** is that a problem? I mean is he not allowed to dislike him?
Old 28-08-07, 10:37 AM   #57
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Fuck him, he was SCUM.

Good riddence to the ****
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:40 AM   #58
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chilli View Post
Fuck him, he was SCUM.

Good riddence to the ****
Absolutely. Good riddance to the ****.

Yes it's a shame when a footballer has to retire through injury, but he was gonna retire at the end of the season anyway so in this instance I have no sympathy. He was a clinical finisher but he was also a Manc ****.

Good riddance you curly haired, baby-faced Scum twat.
Old 28-08-07, 10:41 AM   #59
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso View Post
Absolutely. Good riddance to the ****.

Yes it's a shame when a footballer has to retire through injury, but he was gonna retire at the end of the season anyway so in this instance I have no sympathy. He was a clinical finisher but he was also a Manc ****.

Good riddance you curly haired, baby-faced Scum twat.
I love it when you get angry shaggy
Old 28-08-07, 10:41 AM   #60
Hobbes
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
He never said that he just hates the **** is that a problem? I mean is he not allowed to dislike him?

Of course.

But i am also allowed to try and argue through the rose tinted LFC glasses here and say that the fickled hate towards this player is because he played for united. And that many on here don't give him the credit he deserves.
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 28-08-07, 10:41 AM   #61
The Glove
The 5th Beatle

He has been injured more often than not so its not really him lacking ambition. When he was fit, he got a game.

You knew what was going to happen when he played, how many times were United drawing or losing, then they bring this fucker on for his first game back after injury only for him to score. Twat.

Him, Scholes and Irwin are the only players of theirs Ive had any time for. They kept thier traps shut and did their job perfectly. They may be mancs but they were fucking good at thier job so fair play to them for it. Cuints.
Old 28-08-07, 10:41 AM   #62
pondus
Dalglish

Quote:
Who are you, his brother?

It's just my opinion of the guy
Old 28-08-07, 10:43 AM   #63
Pacman
Extremely tubby

Quote:
Of course.

But i am also allowed to try and argue through the rose tinted LFC glasses here and say that the fickled hate towards this player is because he played for united. And that many on here don't give him the credit he deserves.
Fair enough but do you really class him as a great player? He was a decent player who scored some important goals from the bench but a great player he was not.
Old 28-08-07, 10:44 AM   #64
Hobbes
Evans

Quote:
Who are you, his brother?

It's just my opinion of the guy
Nope, just a person who can appreciate a player despite him playing for the club i hate the most. There are not many of those players, but Ole was one of them.
Old 28-08-07, 10:47 AM   #65
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

It'll be a cold cold day in hell when I start praising those bastards.
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:48 AM   #66
pondus
Dalglish

Quote:
Nope, just a person who can appreciate a player despite him playing for the club i hate the most. There are not many of those players, but Ole was one of them.
Ok, agree to disagree then

Here is something for you to enjoy http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/
Old 28-08-07, 10:50 AM   #67
Hobbes
Evans

Don't read that shite, the Norwegian equivalent of the Sun.
Old 28-08-07, 10:54 AM   #68
Morten_nogamst_Pedersen
Fagan

Quote:
Actually, no it doesn't

It's more about opening the sports pages of every national newspaper in Norway every day for the last ten years, Ole this, Ole that, Ole was on the bench, Ole came on for the last 94 seconds of the match, Ole didn't make the squad but still we write more about him than all the other Norwegian players in the prem, Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole, his song was sung 4 times at Old Toilet this afternoon while he was in the treatment room nursing one of his 38 injuries which they write about every day of the week, front page week in week out

So I am glad he is gone
An ever so slight overkill but,
And your hatred for the scum shines through
Morten_nogamst_Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 10:56 AM   #69
pondus
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten_nogamst_Pedersen View Post
An ever so slight overkill but,
And your hatred for the scum shines through
Me?? Hate the scum??? Noooooooo!

Old 28-08-07, 10:58 AM   #70
Morten_nogamst_Pedersen
Fagan

anyone who doesn't like him vote "nei" here
http://interaktiv.vg.no/avstemning/?id=4603
Morten_nogamst_Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 11:37 AM   #71
tommyg
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
I really really liked him. Him Scholes and Giggs were the only Manc players I have respect for they are all quality players.
Not so much scholes but im with you on the other two. I loved Ole Gunnar growing up as a kid ( even if he was a manc ! )
Old 28-08-07, 11:39 AM   #72
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
Not so much scholes but im with you on the other two. I loved Ole Gunnar growing up as a kid ( even if he was a manc ! )
Old 28-08-07, 11:42 AM   #73
Pacman
Extremely tubby

Quote:
Old 28-08-07, 11:43 AM   #74
tomasjj
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glove View Post
He has been injured more often than not so its not really him lacking ambition. When he was fit, he got a game.

You knew what was going to happen when he played, how many times were United drawing or losing, then they bring this fucker on for his first game back after injury only for him to score. Twat.

Him, Scholes and Irwin are the only players of theirs Ive had any time for. They kept thier traps shut and did their job perfectly. They may be mancs but they were fucking good at thier job so fair play to them for it. Cuints.
I can agree with all of that.
Old 28-08-07, 11:45 AM   #75
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
WTF
Old 28-08-07, 11:45 AM   #76
cobain
Mr Superstrong

I've never seen him play.
Torres Fan Club Member #2, Lucas Leiva Fan Club Member #1

going limp; HARRRRRRRRRRRR
cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 11:48 AM   #77
tomasjj
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobain View Post
I've never seen him play.
I have....for Clausenengen against my boyhood team Træff. He scored a hattrick against my old teammates (I had quit playing by that time). You could see he was a pure talent already.
He then went to Molde FK, the biggest team in my hometown, scored shitloads and caught Slur Alex attention. Next weeks he was playing up front with Cantona and banging them in for the scums.
Old 28-08-07, 12:21 PM   #78
tommyg
Dalglish

lol probably influenced by one of my managers from one of my youth sides who loves the little baby faced assasin!

Last edited by tommyg; 28-08-07 at 12:25 PM.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 12:28 PM   #79
paulcooper4
Hodgsoned

Quote:
lol probably influenced by one of my managers from one of my youth sides who loves the little baby faced assasin!
You do know that he is a kiddy fiddler....dont you??

Is it bob?
Old 28-08-07, 12:43 PM   #80
Kaip
Something different

I seem to remember the skando manc **** doing Hyppia in a match and while Sami was off getting treatment the fukkers scored

Fuck him

est1892 > Football > General Football