It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 25-10-07, 10:54 PM   #81
thesilverfoxlfc
Est's Spelling Bee Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdan View Post
Houghton is a quality coach IMO and should be considered for a job by Rafa

He's really unlucky with getting the sack
He wasnt sacked he left didnt he...??
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 25-10-07, 10:55 PM   #82
kopdan
Dalglish

Quote:
Houghton is a quality coach IMO and should be considered for a job by Rafa

He's really unlucky with getting the sack
What you basing the quality coach comment on?

I doubt there are many here that know or have followed him as a spurs coach.

and its Hughton

Old 25-10-07, 11:04 PM   #83
thesilverfoxlfc

Lets raid them for Lennon, Berb and Bale!!!
Old 25-10-07, 11:11 PM   #84
AFII
Est's Prodigal Son

I can see Berbatov leave with Kanoute replacing him.

According to Benitez it's important not simply to go out to win but to go out prepared to win, which means players have to put in the same level of work on a daily basis. Anything else is unacceptable.
AFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-07, 11:14 PM   #85
Dan
Though this be madness, yet there is method in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilverfoxlfc View Post
He wasnt sacked he left didnt he...??
Spurs are saying the Jol and Houghton left but everyone else is saying they were sacked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopdan View Post
What you basing the quality coach comment on?

I doubt there are many here that know or have followed him as a spurs coach.

and its Hughton

I've followed him simply because he was Irish coach for a spell aswell. He's been at spurs nearly 15 years as a coach, built his way up and lived through all the manager sackings that have gone on, around 8 or 9. You dont stay that long unless there's something special about you
Old 26-10-07, 08:46 AM   #86
tomasjj
Paisley

Quote:
Spurs are saying the Jol and Houghton left but everyone else is saying they were sacked.

I've followed him simply because he was Irish coach for a spell aswell. He's been at spurs nearly 15 years as a coach, built his way up and lived through all the manager sackings that have gone on, around 8 or 9. You dont stay that long unless there's something special about you
yeah, decent blow jobs have saved many a marriage
Old 26-10-07, 09:32 AM   #87
kewellnthegang
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasjj View Post
yeah, decent blow jobs have saved many a marriage

and even better blow jobs have wrecked a few marriages
kewellnthegang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 09:35 AM   #88
badpiggy
Paisley

did anyone else think that juande ramos coming out (a while ago) and saying that spurs had made a huge offer to him was c/untish in the extreme? totally ruined another manager and gained him nothing - if spurs wanted him why not keep his mouth shut?
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had power."
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 09:37 AM   #89
kewellnthegang
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
did anyone else think that juande ramos coming out (a while ago) and saying that spurs had made a huge offer to him was c/untish in the extreme? totally ruined another manager and gained him nothing - if spurs wanted him why not keep his mouth shut?
mucas dinero amigo
kewellnthegang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 10:02 AM   #90
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post

He obviously thought that people don't pick up press comments in other countries...
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 10:29 AM   #91
Dhav
Telamonian Ajax

I went to bed at 9 o'clock last night - looks like I missed out on all the entertainment

Spurs really are classless twats, much like their fans in fact

Purslow = C*nt
Dhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 11:47 AM   #92
Marky
Just won't be told

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhavlos View Post
I went to bed at 9 o'clock last night - looks like I missed out on all the entertainment

Spurs really are classless twats, much like their fans in fact

I really don't like them either, never have, never will
"Let me say for the record, I am not a gangster and never have been. Im not the thief who grabs your purse. Im not the guy who jacks your car. Im not down with the people who steal and hurt others. Im just a brother who fight back."
Tupac
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 11:51 AM   #93
AFII
Est's Prodigal Son

What already was announced last night has been confirmed in all the extremes. Eldesmarque, can advance that Juande Branches already has communicated the rectors of the Seville its intention to abandon the club of Nervión and to sign for the Tottenham English.

The ultimatum given by the Spurs has been accepted for that of Pedro Muñoz. Right now the technician only values the best form to leave the from Seville club, although seems improbable that be a graceful exit, keeping in mind the forms and the moment in which has determined to leave Al Seville without coach.

In the company of Nervión, only remains them to expect events, since Juande has decided and only a radical change of the facts, that right now neither is contemplated, would do that Juande to remain in Seville. It fits to emphasize that to this so much hour the president of the company, José María of the Nest, as the sports director, Monchi, they are found in the sports complex in the wardrobe of the team.

To the memory chapters come like the squeeze of hands of Juande with Of The Nest and Monchi in the wardrobe from the sports complex at the beginning of season under the promise that would continue. This morning, the technician coaches in the sports complex, although seems that with the mind put in London.

http://www.eldesmarque.es/content/view/9643/40/

According to Benitez it's important not simply to go out to win but to go out prepared to win, which means players have to put in the same level of work on a daily basis. Anything else is unacceptable.
Old 26-10-07, 01:39 PM   #94
Dhav
Telamonian Ajax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky19 View Post
[/B]

I really don't like them either, never have, never will
I know a couple of sound Spurs fans, I consider them good mates, but on the whole the ones that go to the games really are proper scum of the earth

Purslow = C*nt
Old 26-10-07, 01:41 PM   #95
Dhav
Telamonian Ajax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFII View Post
What already was announced last night has been confirmed in all the extremes. Eldesmarque, can advance that Juande Branches already has communicated the rectors of the Seville its intention to abandon the club of Nervión and to sign for the Tottenham English.

The ultimatum given by the Spurs has been accepted for that of Pedro Muñoz. Right now the technician only values the best form to leave the from Seville club, although seems improbable that be a graceful exit, keeping in mind the forms and the moment in which has determined to leave Al Seville without coach.

In the company of Nervión, only remains them to expect events, since Juande has decided and only a radical change of the facts, that right now neither is contemplated, would do that Juande to remain in Seville. It fits to emphasize that to this so much hour the president of the company, José María of the Nest, as the sports director, Monchi, they are found in the sports complex in the wardrobe of the team.

To the memory chapters come like the squeeze of hands of Juande with Of The Nest and Monchi in the wardrobe from the sports complex at the beginning of season under the promise that would continue. This morning, the technician coaches in the sports complex, although seems that with the mind put in London.

http://www.eldesmarque.es/content/view/9643/40/

Juande Branches?? WTF??

Change your on-line translator AFII, and I dont just mean the one you use for Spanish articles, I mean the one that does your posts as well.

Purslow = C*nt
Old 26-10-07, 01:49 PM   #96
thesilverfoxlfc

Here's a quaestion why would he give up going for the Spainish title and managing in the Champs League for Spurs who are in the bottom 3 and will be hard pushed to get into the top 5 at this stage.

Yes more money and he's wants to manage in England but would he not wait for a bigger job??

Also on SSN Hunter was on about the Sevilla Chairman been a brutel Negotiator and he wont let him go on the cheap as we well know when we were going for Alves
Old 26-10-07, 07:02 PM   #97
Parm
Skipinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay View Post
All this news is coming out when Jol is sitting on the touchline. Wow Spurs really know how to honor their most successful manager in the last 7-10 years.
keystone cops boardroom there. If they didnt rate him in May, why not sack him then and get Ramos in then? Why give Jol 40mil to spend, then go through the debacle of trying to get Ramos and letting him stay in the job until now?

"Who's your Daddy now?"

LFC Champions one season someday
Jurgen Klopp is just boss
Semi retired poster
twitter: @parmsahota
insta:@parm78
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 07:04 PM   #98
Parm
Skipinder

Quote:
Here's a quaestion why would he give up going for the Spainish title and managing in the Champs League for Spurs who are in the bottom 3 and will be hard pushed to get into the top 5 at this stage.

Yes more money and he's wants to manage in England but would he not wait for a bigger job??

Also on SSN Hunter was on about the Sevilla Chairman been a brutel Negotiator and he wont let him go on the cheap as we well know when we were going for Alves
hmm, maybe he's been told that the Chav job wont be offered to him, us, the Arse and Manure arent getting rid of anyone anytime soon so the Spurs job is the next big step up for him?

But I do agree, Sevilla seem to be a better option than Spurs, but who knows, maybe the Sevilla board have been spotted wining and dining Martin Jol?

"Who's your Daddy now?"

Semi retired poster
Old 26-10-07, 07:09 PM   #99
AFII
Est's Prodigal Son

They just said on five live that Spanish media said that the Ramos deal is done.

Old 26-10-07, 07:12 PM   #100
AFII
Est's Prodigal Son

He will get £120k/week

Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 26-10-07, 07:13 PM   #101
Parm
Skipinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFII View Post
He will get £120k/week
Spurs have more money than sense.

"Who's your Daddy now?"

Semi retired poster
Old 26-10-07, 10:10 PM   #102
animal magic
Dalglish

Juande Ramos, the favourite to replace Martin Jol as Tottenham manager, has resigned as coach of Sevilla.
Sevilla director of football Ramon Rodriguez was in London on Thursday and it is thought he has begun negotiations with Spurs over compensation for Ramos.

Spurs reportedly want Leeds assistant boss Gus Poyet to assist Ramos, who only speaks rudimentary English.

According to reports from Spain the 53-year-old Ramos has agreed a four-year deal with Spurs.

Sevilla's physical trainer Marcos Alvarez has also tendered his resignation.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season.

He has led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time.

It is thought that Ramos wants to install Poyet as his assistant boss at Tottenham but the Leeds assistant manager insists he has not been approached.

The former Uruguay international, who played for Tottenham between 2001 and 2004 told BBC Sport earlier on Friday: "Everybody is calling me and sending me texts about it but I don't know anything. I haven't spoken to anyone.

"I don't know if something has gone on between the clubs. I don't have a clue."

Leeds said they had not received an approach from Spurs for Poyet - and would not welcome one.

However, the club later revealed Poyet has been asked to stay away from Elland Road for the League One game against Millwall on Saturday.

BBC Sport understands the Spurs board made the decision to sack Jol before the 2-1 defeat to Getafe on Thursday but decided not to inform the Dutchman until after the game.
Apparently, Berbatov said, "If you're going, I'm going too."

However, rumours about Jol's imminent departure spread around the ground during the match - which was watched by Rodriguez.

Jol said goodbye to Tottenham's players at the club's training ground on Friday and assistant Chris Hughton and the club's goalkeeping coach Hans Segers have also been dismissed.
Old 26-10-07, 11:19 PM   #103
AFII
Est's Prodigal Son

Quote:
Sign him up Rafa.

Old 26-10-07, 11:39 PM   #104
peekay
Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal magic View Post
Juande Ramos, the favourite to replace Martin Jol as Tottenham manager, has resigned as coach of Sevilla.
Sevilla director of football Ramon Rodriguez was in London on Thursday and it is thought he has begun negotiations with Spurs over compensation for Ramos.

Spurs reportedly want Leeds assistant boss Gus Poyet to assist Ramos, who only speaks rudimentary English.

According to reports from Spain the 53-year-old Ramos has agreed a four-year deal with Spurs.

Sevilla's physical trainer Marcos Alvarez has also tendered his resignation.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season.

He has led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time.

It is thought that Ramos wants to install Poyet as his assistant boss at Tottenham but the Leeds assistant manager insists he has not been approached.

The former Uruguay international, who played for Tottenham between 2001 and 2004 told BBC Sport earlier on Friday: "Everybody is calling me and sending me texts about it but I don't know anything. I haven't spoken to anyone.

"I don't know if something has gone on between the clubs. I don't have a clue."

Leeds said they had not received an approach from Spurs for Poyet - and would not welcome one.

However, the club later revealed Poyet has been asked to stay away from Elland Road for the League One game against Millwall on Saturday.

BBC Sport understands the Spurs board made the decision to sack Jol before the 2-1 defeat to Getafe on Thursday but decided not to inform the Dutchman until after the game.

However, rumours about Jol's imminent departure spread around the ground during the match - which was watched by Rodriguez.

Jol said goodbye to Tottenham's players at the club's training ground on Friday and assistant Chris Hughton and the club's goalkeeping coach Hans Segers have also been dismissed.
He is the brain behind sevilla youth system. We tried to poach him but he is very happy in Sevilla and did not want to leave.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-07, 11:41 PM   #105
AFII
Est's Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay View Post
He is the brain behind sevilla youth system. We tried to poach him but he is very happy in Sevilla and did not want to leave.
That can't be true. His name isn't Pako or Paco.

Old 27-10-07, 12:51 PM   #106
thesilverfoxlfc

When Jol was saying goodbye at training the next morning Berbatov came up to Jol and said "we both deserve a bigger club......"

Ohhhhhhhhhhh
Old 27-10-07, 12:53 PM   #107
thesilverfoxlfc

Isnt Ramos contract 25 millions Euros over 4 years.....?
Old 27-10-07, 11:26 PM   #108
Darth Marty
Quite Contrary

I think Spurs will regret this decision, Jol has done wonders for the whole fucking club, just look at their expectation level now and what it was before he came in.
I think Jol is without a doubt a fantastic coach, seems like his managerial qualities need a bit of tlc but how about offering Jol a coaching position? At least he knows how to fucking attack! May work well with Rafas mindset?

Stranger things have happened.....but I fully agree with whoever said poach Lennon, Bale and Berbatov...sign them, win the premiership.
Old 27-10-07, 11:29 PM   #109
Dan
Though this be madness, yet there is method in it

Jol was Santini's assistant before he got the job, I can't see him going back in his career. Especially with Ajax needing a manager and of course I'd prefare he managed Ireland instead
Old 28-10-07, 12:24 AM   #110
badpiggy
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marty View Post
I think Spurs will regret this decision, Jol has done wonders for the whole fucking club, just look at their expectation level now and what it was before he came in.
I think Jol is without a doubt a fantastic coach, seems like his managerial qualities need a bit of tlc but how about offering Jol a coaching position? At least he knows how to fucking attack! May work well with Rafas mindset?

Stranger things have happened.....but I fully agree with whoever said poach Lennon, Bale and Berbatov...sign them, win the premiership.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had power."
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-07, 12:57 AM   #111
zimbo
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marty View Post
Dont know if its been mentioned in here before, I very infrequently post or read in here, but something has to be said about Martin Jol.

In my humble opinion he is a fucking ace manager and has turned spurs from nobodies into the team people are/were talking about realistically breaking into the top 4.

Now all of a sudden he should be sacked. I swear to god if spurs sack him this side of christmas I will personally go and smack the chairman in the mouth, its absolutely ridiculous that the guy has been booed off after 2 defeats.

Sounds like a promise to me.
Good luck with it, mind.
zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-07, 01:00 AM   #112
Marky
Just won't be told

Quote:
When Jol was saying goodbye at training the next morning Berbatov came up to Jol and said "we both deserve a bigger club......"

Ohhhhhhhhhhh
Yikes
But i thought Berbatov and Jol weren't getting on all season, one of the reasons Jol was sacked in the first place
"Let me say for the record, I am not a gangster and never have been. Im not the thief who grabs your purse. Im not the guy who jacks your car. Im not down with the people who steal and hurt others. Im just a brother who fight back."
Tupac
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-07, 01:09 AM   #113
thesilverfoxlfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky19 View Post
Yikes
But i thought Berbatov and Jol weren't getting on all season, one of the reasons Jol was sacked in the first place
Was on Gillette Soccer Saturday they were this happened

I know they had their differences so thought it was strange, but pretty much sum's the Berb up this season seems to want out and feels he's to big for Spurs.....
Old 28-10-07, 03:09 AM   #114
thesilverfoxlfc

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20017275/

Its in the mirror that he was sacked by text during the UEFA game on thursday

Spurs Board are a bunch of dicks!!!
Old 28-10-07, 03:17 AM   #115
Dhav
Telamonian Ajax

I dont think he was sacked by text exactly. More a case of one of the board members who was privvy to the decision tipping him off via text message during the game.

Whole thing has been played out shambolically by Spurs.

Purslow = C*nt
Old 28-10-07, 03:23 AM   #116
thesilverfoxlfc

I remember watching the match on thursday night and the out going chairman cant remember his name had the phone in his hand all night whenever the camera cut to them and then one time when the camera cut to him he was in levy's ear and then straight onto the phone, very mafia like
Old 28-10-07, 01:23 PM   #117
Lee
Chunder camel

Quote:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Really, where'd you hear this??

Jol's been shat on from a great height. Most sucessful manager they've had in years, get them playing good football, couple of good cup runs, only just losing out on 4th spot a few seasons back...

I know a lot of people will say he's spent loads of money, but taking Spurs from a mid table team to a 'top 5/6' team has reflected this. No one can expect Jol to turn Spurs into a top 4 club after only 2 or 3 seasons. That's daft. Even worse if the rumours are true about the directors/chairmen etc chosing who he signs
Old 28-10-07, 02:42 PM   #118
thesilverfoxlfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan1984 View Post
Really, where'd you hear this??

Jol's been shat on from a great height. Most sucessful manager they've had in years, get them playing good football, couple of good cup runs, only just losing out on 4th spot a few seasons back...

I know a lot of people will say he's spent loads of money, but taking Spurs from a mid table team to a 'top 5/6' team has reflected this. No one can expect Jol to turn Spurs into a top 4 club after only 2 or 3 seasons. That's daft. Even worse if the rumours are true about the directors/chairmen etc chosing who he signs
Jeff Sterling said it on Gillette Soccer Saturday

He was shafted by the board, they have been a joke for a very long time. Levy looks a right tool, they say the wife picks the players,says it all really

est1892 > Football > General Football