It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 10-11-08, 09:22 PM   #1
-V-
Paisley

Angry Dirty Morgan

Anybody see that dirty fucking elbow by that sheff utd prick?

Horrible intentional elbow and he cracked the guys skull open. The boy is in hospital now in serious condition.

I have always felt that Morgan was a dirty hacking bastard and this was a proper assault. He sees the Barnsley player comings and sticks his elbow straight into his head. Horrible
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 10-11-08, 10:43 PM   #2
Aza
Benitez

Didn't see it, but if it was intentional then he should be charged by the police
Aza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 10:46 PM   #3
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Morgan is and always has been a yard dog. A fucking thug. Haven't seen this incident yet.
Old 10-11-08, 10:53 PM   #4
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

No didn't see it. Anyone got a link
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 10:58 PM   #5
Darth Marty
Quite Contrary

havent seen it myself but by all accounts it is assault and hes going to get well and truly done. Good enough for the dirty cunt.
Old 10-11-08, 11:20 PM   #6
Vermilion
Shooterista

If it's as bad and callous as described then throw the book at the twat i say, this sort of cowardly shit could end a career, so end his now before he ends someone elses, if he hasn't already.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 11:39 PM   #7
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

I read the article about an incident with a Sheff Utd player earlier and didnt even need to scroll down to see who it'd be, it was obvious. He's a horrible scumbag.

Another cunt with no ability who goes round smashing people to show his "passion"
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 11:43 PM   #8
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I have seen it and while a pretty bad elbow offense, it's not unique in it's nastiness. Not sure how much intention there was myself. 2 players jumping for the ball. Morgan jumping on the spot, Barnsley player with a running jump. Bad, but also an element of bad luck as similar actions aren't that rare and don't end in injury, nevermind fractured skulls.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 11:57 PM   #9
Aza
Benitez

Link
Old 11-11-08, 12:01 AM   #10
Aza
Benitez

Deliberate as fuck, the fucking dirty bastard
Old 11-11-08, 12:07 AM   #11
pondus
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aza View Post

That looks very bad, but I think it's just down to luck that it doesn't happen more often, as elbows are raised in almost every match these days. Needs to be sorted out, but it's not easy for a referee to spot, unfortunately.
pondus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 12:31 AM   #12
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Iain Hume is the player who is hospital. Leicester legend and according to FM, he is a Liverpool fan.

Hume kept and telling the ref throughout the match that he was getting elbowed and now he is in hospital. I think the Barnsley manager told the fourth official he was going to die with the amount of elbows he was getting. Morgan is a thug- I was glad they and Warnock got relegated.
Joe King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 12:39 AM   #13
-V-
Paisley

Make no mistake, he meant to hurt him. The elbow was going into his head before Morgan got anywhere near the ball.
-V- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 12:40 AM   #14
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -V- View Post
Make no mistake, he meant to hurt him. The elbow was going into his head before Morgan got anywhere near the ball.
Yep, dirty cunt. Thinks he is an old fashioned defender and can get away with it because he is 'northern' He is a bully.
Old 11-11-08, 01:16 AM   #15
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Barnsley ponder Hume legal action

Barnsley are considering taking legal action after Iain Hume suffered a fractured skull and internal bleeding in Saturday's loss to Sheffield United.

Striker Hume underwent surgery after a challenge by Chris Morgan and is in a "stable condition" in a high dependency unit in hospital.

"The club may be seeking legal advice on the matter," Tykes manager Simon Davey told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"We've ended up with a life-threatening injury and a player in a hospital bed."

Former Leicester forward Hume, 25, was hurt in a clash with Sheffield United skipper Morgan as both challenged for a header in the first half.

His condition deteriorated on Sunday and he was taken in for surgery.

Morgan, who started his career at Barnsley, was booked over the incident by referee Andy D'Urso, but Davey was furious at the outcome.

"The decision not to show a red card was an absolute disgrace," he told the club website.

"Iain is now in hospital with a fractured skull because of that challenge that seemingly warranted only a yellow card."

Davey claimed both he and assistant manager Ryan Kidd had raised concerns over Hume's treatment by the Blades with ref D'Urso at half-time.

He added: "There is no timescale regarding when he will be fit enough to return, but he is in a stable condition."

The Blades responded to the news of Hume's injury in a club statement.

"Sheffield United are saddened and concerned to hear that Barnsley striker Iain Hume is being monitored in a high dependency unit following last Saturday's fixture," it read.

"We wish him a speedy and full recovery."
Old 11-11-08, 02:30 AM   #16
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tover View Post
Yep, dirty cunt. Thinks he is an old fashioned defender and can get away with it because he is 'northern' He is a bully.
What? Get a grip.

It's got fuck all to do with being "northern". Do you think the same about Carra. Fucking stupid comment that, he's a thug, plain and simple and it's got nothing to do with geography.

FFS.
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 03:37 AM   #17
Diego
Dalglish

horrendous fucking elbow, we've seen incidents where the FA has failed to send a message and clean up the football, i'm sure it will not take further actions agaisnt the defender because the ref saw the incident. Stephen Hunt nearly killed Chech, Martin Taylor took Eduardo's leg of literally. And there is one big elbow that almost fucked someone up that i'm forgetting. The FA don't have a spine to follow through with this.
"I have decided to escape, to defy the shogun. Today I will begin walking the road to hell. But you will choose your own path. So, soon you may be seeing heaven. Choose the sword, and you will join me. Choose the ball and you join your mother, in death. You don’t understand my words, but you must choose. So… come boy, choose life or death."

"You would've been happier if you'd chosen to join your mother in her world. " - Ogami Itto
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 03:44 AM   #18
Red Chilli
AFII's Nemesis

Police could get involved, I hope they do, that was assault, plain and simple
"A weak currency is the sign of a weak economy,which is the sign of a weak government"
Red Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 03:48 AM   #19
Diego
Dalglish

damn right they should, i just remembered this is not to far of from that cunt Ben Thatcher did to Pedro Mendes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKf6VzL8Zo

and the reaction from both players is the same like they didn't do nothing. They should throw a book at them, not only career threatening assaults but life threatening as well
"I have decided to escape, to defy the shogun. Today I will begin walking the road to hell. But you will choose your own path. So, soon you may be seeing heaven. Choose the sword, and you will join me. Choose the ball and you join your mother, in death. You don’t understand my words, but you must choose. So… come boy, choose life or death."

"You would've been happier if you'd chosen to join your mother in her world. " - Ogami Itto
Old 11-11-08, 08:24 AM   #20
Elvoz
Baron Münchhausen

agree with all

nasty fat arsed bastard
he well knew what he was doing

hope he gets whats coming
Elvoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 11-11-08, 10:18 AM   #21
zimbo
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
horrendous ****ing elbow, we've seen incidents where the FA has failed to send a message and clean up the football, i'm sure it will not take further actions agaisnt the defender because the ref saw the incident. Stephen Hunt nearly killed Chech, Martin Taylor took Eduardo's leg of literally. And there is one big elbow that almost ****ed someone up that i'm forgetting. The FA don't have a spine to follow through with this.

...which makes the speed of his recovery even more impressive.
zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 10:32 AM   #22
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

When it comes to the 'morality' of it, I'm not sure the fact that there was a bad injury makes it worse than similar incidents that don't result in such an injury. The elbow offense stands up for itself, and all similar elbow offenses should be treated in the same way. The severity of the injury is essentially bad luck, or more likely, there have been a lot of very lucky people before.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 10:41 AM   #23
Rowan
Shankly

Quote:
What sort of fucking comment is that? That has to be one of the stupidist things I've read on here for a while. I'm Northern and don't think I've got a right to go around cracking peoples heads open, and frankly I don't know many others up here that think thats acceptable behaviour. Not to mention that some of the most skilfull players that England has produced in the past 20 years have also been Northern (including Beardo) and they haven't been thugs.

Morgan feels he can get away with behaviour like that because he's an arsehole. Its got nothing to do with where he was brought up. Have a little think before you start chucking around offensive, not to mention inaccurate stereotypes in future.
Old 11-11-08, 10:51 AM   #24
The_weatherman
Smug

These flying elbows have been an accident waiting to happen, one who springs to mind is John Terry, another is Carvalho. They always lead with their elbows, it's their tactic to rough the opponent up and they constantly get away with it and it's potentially dangerous every time.

This should be clamped down just like they high tackle.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 11:57 AM   #25
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-UOngEsutI
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 11:59 AM   #26
BFG
Dalglish

He should have been sent off but I'm not sure how people can say that he's meant to hurt the lad solely on the video from behind the incident.

To me it looks like he's looking up at the ball and has put an arm out. Couldn't say whether he put it out to hurt Hume without seeing which way he was looking.

Either way it's something that refs need to start punishing even if noone's hurt but that sort of foul is something that you see every week. Hope the poor lad recovers quickly.
Old 11-11-08, 12:02 PM   #27
Diego
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation View Post
When it comes to the 'morality' of it, I'm not sure the fact that there was a bad injury makes it worse than similar incidents that don't result in such an injury. The elbow offense stands up for itself, and all similar elbow offenses should be treated in the same way. The severity of the injury is essentially bad luck, or more likely, there have been a lot of very lucky people before.
i agree, and the FA missed a chance to try and stomp out similar challenges that we saw on Eduardo, there are far to many tackles like that that to this day only warrant a yellow card even though they could cripple someone. You should get a very lengthy ban just for elbowing alone as it is very dangerous and stupid

Old 11-11-08, 12:03 PM   #28
Tee
El Pistolero

What an awful challenge. Made me wince. This should be the end for Morgan, it really should.
Old 11-11-08, 12:46 PM   #29
Assassin
Kloppite

Blatant elbow, but the referee booked him so, am i correct in thinking the cannot do any more about it. The only way forward is using a court of law.
Old 11-11-08, 01:22 PM   #30
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Blatant elbow, but the referee booked him so, am i correct in thinking the cannot do any more about it. The only way forward is using a court of law.
which they are contemplating
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 02:45 PM   #31
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chilli View Post
What? Get a grip.

It's got fuck all to do with being "northern". Do you think the same about Carra. Fucking stupid comment that, he's a thug, plain and simple and it's got nothing to do with geography.

FFS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanad View Post
What sort of fucking comment is that? That has to be one of the stupidist things I've read on here for a while. I'm Northern and don't think I've got a right to go around cracking peoples heads open, and frankly I don't know many others up here that think thats acceptable behaviour. Not to mention that some of the most skilfull players that England has produced in the past 20 years have also been Northern (including Beardo) and they haven't been thugs.

Morgan feels he can get away with behaviour like that because he's an arsehole. Its got nothing to do with where he was brought up. Have a little think before you start chucking around offensive, not to mention inaccurate stereotypes in future.
Its a stereotype well and truly used in the media about northern defenders being hard and taking no nonsense. If I offended, sorry?
Old 11-11-08, 02:56 PM   #32
Angry Dan
Benitez

I think that all players should have to be licensed by the leagues theyy are playing in, this would then open up more avenues for controlling the sort of behaviour being shown here and by players like Barton.

I am not sure if it would be legal but if they have standards that need to be lived up to to own a club in the league why not for playing for one.
Angry Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 03:26 PM   #33
Vermilion
Shooterista

Quote:
Its a stereotype well and truly used in the media about northern defenders being hard and taking no nonsense. If I offended, sorry?
It may be a stereotype used in the media, but i don't think that stereotype includes smashing a players head in, not at all, so being 'Northen' doesn't have anything to do with what was a blatant assault.

As someone said, Carra is the stereotypical 'Northen' defender as described by the media, but no-one would expect him to do a thing like this.
Ok...maybe if it was Gary Neville he may make an exception some time. . he he.

Last edited by Vermilion; 11-11-08 at 03:38 PM.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 04:11 PM   #34
bobbyfallon
Est's Frank Spencer

seen that the other day is fuckin awful that any man could do that to another and especially in a 'game' a game watched by millions of young people throughout the world. (right enuf it was only on SSN like)

what does a young boy who want s to be a centre half think ?? if i do this people will give me more respect because im hard??

fucking scumbag and should be finished in the game

"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple."
bobbyfallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 09:24 PM   #35
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

He clearly throws the elbow in well before the ball arrives. Fucker should be charge with GBH. Go out and fracture someone's skull in the street and see what happens to you. Not different here. The guy has committed a criminal act there and should be made an example of. Scum bag pure and simple.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 09:34 PM   #36
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

He didn't even jump so he can't use trying to gain elevation as a mitigating circumstance. Appalling "challenge"
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 12:40 AM   #37
Dhav
Telamonian Ajax

That elbow looked cynical and deliberate. As has been said, it is assault and GBH, plain and simple, and I think the most appropriate forum for this to be dealt with is in a court and perhaps under the auspices of criminal law. Yes it is a contact sport but that is extremely excessive and disproportionate.

The Thatcher one is worse though; that's a forearm smash - the guy should have done jail time for that.

Purslow = C*nt
Dhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 07:29 PM   #38
Deano
Shankly

And the fecker has just got away with it.

The FA said it cannot alter the punishment just because of the outcome. Spineless twats
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-08, 08:59 PM   #39
Joe King
Hodgsoned

Hume is back in hospital if anyone wanted an update - might be an effect to the antibotics so he might be released tomorrow.

I hope Barnsley take the dirty cunt to court.
Old 25-11-08, 09:10 PM   #40
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
And the fecker has just got away with it.

The FA said it cannot alter the punishment just because of the outcome. Spineless twats
Utterly appalling decision, I just hope common sense should prevail and justice sort.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football