It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 08-04-21, 06:09 AM   #281
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Nah, I’m not buying that. Everybody was crap first half but Gini and Fabinho picked up in the second. Phillips’ positioning wasn’t great last night BUT he was up against some proper players. Not his fault that he isn’t a top class CB.
Yeah that's what happens in the champs league unfortunately. Philips is what he is and it is who we have to play in this current situation.

IMO Fab had an absolute stinker, looked out on his feet and Gini apart from one great run was absolutely irrelevant. The midfield was a disaster & gave zero protection for the likes of Philips & Kabak

Last edited by danperkins; 08-04-21 at 06:15 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 06:39 AM   #282
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly View Post
Who is going to want to be 4/5th choice, and be at the levels you are expecting?
I don't think anyone coming in will consider themselves to be 4th choice. If we go into next season with VVD, Gomez, Kabak and for arguments sake Koante as our main 4, I think that all those last three would at worst consider themselves as in a battle to partner VVD with a realistic chance of starting. 5th choice is looking like being Davies (or Phillips if we keep him).
Old 08-04-21, 06:56 AM   #283
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I don't think anyone coming in will consider themselves to be 4th choice. If we go into next season with VVD, Gomez, Kabak and for arguments sake Koante as our main 4, I think that all those last three would at worst consider themselves as in a battle to partner VVD with a realistic chance of starting. 5th choice is looking like being Davies (or Phillips if we keep him).
need strong options, ones that are actually challenging for a first team spot and not just making up the numbers. There are plenty of league games and cups comps to rotate & imo the drop off in quality of our 2nd string is an issue.

In saying that the problem that we had this season was even our backups were injured
Old 08-04-21, 11:05 AM   #284
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Watching PSG and Bayern last night I’m not sure getting to the final would be the best thing for us right now.
Old 08-04-21, 11:20 AM   #285
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Watching PSG and Bayern last night Iím not sure getting to the final would be the best thing for us right now.
Yep, looking that way as they are a totally different level to us right now...looking at the winners of this year's CL in that tie...they will destroy City in the semi's.
Old 08-04-21, 11:44 AM   #286
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Watching PSG and Bayern last night Iím not sure getting to the final would be the best thing for us right now.
had this discussion last night. We are so far off that level right now it's scary.
Old 08-04-21, 12:09 PM   #287
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Yep, looking that way as they are a totally different level to us right now...looking at the winners of this year's CL in that tie...they will destroy City in the semi's.
Just watched the highlights also and Bayern were dominant but missed loads of chances - no Lewa or Gnabry a huge loss for them. Mbappe on the break is unstoppable - our high line would be put to the test by him

I think City are not home yet but if they get through theyíd give PSG a good game and would fancy beating them. Bayern with everyone back would fancy beating them though.

City the worst outcome for me, then Chelsea, then Madrid, then PSG, then Bayern. Ideally if not us then Dortmund
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 10:41 PM   #288
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
I donít want to single out any of our players to be honest, but seems itís a habit in here after each bad game. This bump was for consistencyís sake.
So to recap you donít want to bag our players out but others do it so you want to do it for consistency sake. Ok then

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC