It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 17-03-21, 10:36 PM   #4801
rodo
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
It reminds me of the stag do video guy, who I yesterday discovered, is one of the options on one of those sites where you can order a video message
lads lads lads
Old 20-03-21, 07:51 PM   #4802
badpiggy
Paisley

That was bloody beautiful
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-21, 09:32 PM   #4803
Irishnev
Shankly

Always nice to hear England and especially as I wasn’t confident going into it. We gave up a couple of soft tries at the end and another piece of indiscipline cost us. We could have scored more but England looked v disjointed and gave away a load of pens

Nice to see a few potential Lions squad players step up - Henshaw, Beirne, Furlong, Murray and Henderson
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-21, 10:15 PM   #4804
ChesterDave
Paisley

Clearly held up for me
Old 20-03-21, 11:01 PM   #4805
ChesterDave
Paisley

Wow. What crazy last 15
Old 20-03-21, 11:29 PM   #4806
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Wow. What crazy last 15
I’m glad they lost - this isn’t a great Welsh side and would be undeserving of a grand slam. I think they’ll win the championship as Scotland won’t get thumped by France
Old 20-03-21, 11:34 PM   #4807
ChesterDave
Paisley

21 point win required or 20 points but scoring 6 tries. Seems unlikely but they will be highly motivated
Old 20-03-21, 11:45 PM   #4808
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Great days Rugby we absolutely mullered Italy. Left a few try’s out there even with an 8 try win.

And then a dominant win for Ireland. Didn’t see that coming. What happened to England? They were poor all match.’looked devoid of any ideas at all. Eddie Jones under pressure? He has to be. Some shite selection decisions all tournament.

And then an absolute cracker France v Wales. I’m so glad France won. Wales have had literally every decision go their way. Their try could have been held up given. France multiple held up not. When a France went for that second scrum 10 points down with 3 and half minutes to play I thought they’d fucked it. But. Somehow they came back. Welsh discipline went completely (should have been down to 12) and somehow saw it out.

I agree with Nev this Welsh team, though good, are not deserving of the Slam. It was a great game though. And, where other sports have been a bit underwhelming a great tournament. England with technical wooden spoon
Old 23-03-21, 06:25 PM   #4809
Irishnev
Shankly

Old 23-03-21, 10:37 PM   #4810
badpiggy
Paisley

What do people think of Ellis Genge? When I saw him first I thought what a wanker. Then I saw that he's a guy from a council estate so I thought kinda good for him. Then I still see him doing his cocky rugby wanker thing and thought why should I drop my wanker assessment standards just cos the guy isn't privately educated so I hated him again. And then I see the fuss about him using the elbow on Sexton and I wonder why he's getting so much shit for it and whether it's because he's not a standard rugby guy. I like mysteries like this.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
Old 24-03-21, 07:03 AM   #4811
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
What do people think of Ellis Genge? When I saw him first I thought what a wanker. Then I saw that he's a guy from a council estate so I thought kinda good for him. Then I still see him doing his cocky rugby wanker thing and thought why should I drop my wanker assessment standards just cos the guy isn't privately educated so I hated him again. And then I see the fuss about him using the elbow on Sexton and I wonder why he's getting so much shit for it and whether it's because he's not a standard rugby guy. I like mysteries like this.
The Sexton thing was a bit of needle that was common years ago but in the modern game is a red card - very surprised he wasn’t cited. He plays the game on the edge and it makes him the player he is - that doesn’t matter if he is from a council estate or not although it’s less likely an English player comes from that background.

Again in the past most rugby players came from a privileged background - in Ireland the exception to that was Limerick with clubs like Young Munster being very much ‘council estate’ background. Peter Clohessy, Paul O’Connell and Keith Earls being two very notable players to come through from YM.

If you look at Leinster there is usually a very defined path for the Dublin based guys - go to one of the fancy rugby schools and then into the Leinster academy. Outside of Dublin in recent years we’ve seen rural farmer types such as Furlong, Sean O’Brien etc make the jump without going through the school path.

Munster have always had that rural player + Mick Galway, John Hayes, Denis Leamy, Alan Quinlan and more. There are also plenty of players who came the elite rugby school way (Munchins in Limerick - CBC & PBC in Cork) such as O’Gara and Stringer.

What I am saying is it’s more common in Ireland than in England but I don’t think he gets more shit because of his background. He gets shit because he plays on the edge and steps over it sometimes
Old 24-03-21, 02:17 PM   #4812
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

There were a few decisions not to give reds at the weekend which flew in the face of everything that happened in the weeks leading up. Hogg was spear tackled FFS.

I agree with Genge, ultimately a fascinating character because he doesn't fit the mould, but the mould he does fit is the one where he plays on the edge and gets away with it as many England players have *cough*Farrell*cough* over the years.

His hair is diabolical though.
Old 26-03-21, 10:25 AM   #4813
Irishnev
Shankly

A bit early but why not

Old 26-03-21, 02:36 PM   #4814
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Picking on reputation rather than form there mate Farrell, Vunipola and May...!!! Faletau at 8 for me. Watson just shading 7 stats wise for me. Agree with most of the rest. It would be 12 and one of the wings.

Edit: And North has been playing centre for Wales as he was way out of form on the wing.

Last edited by Buzzo; 26-03-21 at 02:39 PM.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-21, 05:38 PM   #4815
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Picking on reputation rather than form there mate Farrell, Vunipola and May...!!! Faletau at 8 for me. Watson just shading 7 stats wise for me. Agree with most of the rest. It would be 12 and one of the wings.

Edit: And North has been playing centre for Wales as he was way out of form on the wing.
I don’t get the Faletau fuss tbh - I think Billy will be stronger vs SA. I think Garland won’t risk Russell as it’s not his way - it may be Sexton or Farrell at 10 with Finn on the bench. I think Henshaw had a superb 6 Nations and deserves a start so could only squeeze North on the wing. Toss up between May and Watson but May a better finisher.

Killed me to leave out Ryan
Old 26-03-21, 07:37 PM   #4816
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I’ve gone on form, and I’m putting Finn in because it’s my Lions team as with Racing with a strong pack and Murray giving him ball I think he will do some damage. Mako was awful in the 6Ns. The guys on the Rugby Pod reckon he is done.

Sam Simmonds should be England’s 8. The only reason he isn’t is because Eddie is a dick. Also, look at the blend in my team all 4 nations represented.

Itoje gets in on rep, he gets hooked if he gives away as many fouls as he did in the 6Ns.

Old 26-03-21, 07:45 PM   #4817
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I’ve gone on form, and I’m putting Finn in because it’s my Lions team as with Racing with a strong pack and Murray giving him ball I think he will do some damage. Mako was awful in the 6Ns. The guys on the Rugby Pod reckon he is done.

Sam Simmonds should be England’s 8. The only reason he isn’t is because Eddie is a dick. Also, look at the blend in my team all 4 nations represented.

Itoje gets in on rep, he gets hooked if he gives away as many fouls as he did in the 6Ns.

https://twitter.com/mar_pry/status/1375516197123317762
That back 3 is the one that should be picked but I don’t see it from Gatland - Beirne over CJ (on form) and Murray been way below normal. The front row is probably the right one also.

The great thing is they have so many options - they should really win this but ZA don’t tend to lose a series at home.......will be fascinating

Russell is the one that has everything but still unproven consistently at the highest level - I think he’ll go Sexton or Farrell
Old 26-03-21, 08:01 PM   #4818
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I agree, my team will be nowhere near the team that is chosen. But. He has to mix it up. The Saracens guys are playing only Championship Rugby between now and the tour. I’d look at Henderson instead of Itoje or even Beirne because Mark had a poor 6Ns by his standards. Of Garland picks and sticks with Farrell and Ford etc then it totally devalues the Lions which should be picked on form. Farrell had a really poor 6Ns.

I think Sexton will be the starting 10 and Finn will get his chance from the bench. But. Gatland is very likely to even choose Biggar ahead of Finn.

Ultimately I hope it is the last we see of Gatland as a Lioms coach.
Old 26-03-21, 08:05 PM   #4819
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I agree, my team will be nowhere near the team that is chosen. But. He has to mix it up. The Saracens guys are playing only Championship Rugby between now and the tour. I’d look at Henderson instead of Itoje or even Beirne because Mark had a poor 6Ns by his standards. Of Garland picks and sticks with Farrell and Ford etc then it totally devalues the Lions which should be picked on form. Farrell had a really poor 6Ns.

I think Sexton will be the starting 10 and Finn will get his chance from the bench. But. Gatland is very likely to even choose Biggar ahead of Finn.

Ultimately I hope it is the last we see of Gatland as a Lioms coach.
Last line I agree with
Old 26-03-21, 08:11 PM   #4820
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Big night for us.

Everyone’s seems to be asking can Frnce get the BP and win by 20. Huge chance for us AND for some of our players to make a point to Gatland.
Old 26-03-21, 08:22 PM   #4821
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Given the cancellation isn’t our fault this is pretty shit. Sean Maitland would be playing for sure tonight. I think Jonny Gray is injured so he’s miss out anyway but we are undoubtedly weaker because of this.

Old 26-03-21, 11:05 PM   #4822
badpiggy
Paisley

That was fuckin deadly!
Old 26-03-21, 11:05 PM   #4823
badpiggy
Paisley

I was up for France but
Old 27-03-21, 12:12 AM   #4824
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

That was fucking great!!!!

I enjoyed that more than the (relatively straight forward ) England win.

Huge discipline at the end
Old 27-03-21, 12:14 AM   #4825
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Also. How good are Friday night tests?

I’ve had a load of beers. Got to watch on my own. Doesn’t get much better than that in lockdown.

The 6Ns has been brilliant. I think it’s the one tournament where there has been no drop off on quality despite their being no crowds. Great Rugby throughout
Old 27-03-21, 08:44 PM   #4826
Irishnev
Shankly

Sigh - Munster’s strongest side still well beaten by half of Leinster’s strongest side in the Pro 14 final. Another year without a trophy awaits
Old 29-03-21, 09:40 AM   #4827
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Yeah, Leinster win the Pro 14... zzzzzzzzz

I hope Cormack is ok? I’ve been missing having some 6Ns chat with him on here.
Old 29-03-21, 03:51 PM   #4828
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Yeah, Leinster win the Pro 14... zzzzzzzzz

I hope Cormack is ok? I’ve been missing having some 6Ns chat with him on here.
I noticed that as and ya hope he is ok..............he is avoiding both of us
Old 02-04-21, 02:27 PM   #4829
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 02-04-21, 02:37 PM   #4830
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
I wonder if he’ll start for the Lions
Old 02-04-21, 04:53 PM   #4831
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I wonder if he’ll start for the Lions
If it was anyone other than Gatland... Plus if he was anything other than Scottish... he’d be guaranteed.
Old 02-04-21, 07:19 PM   #4832
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
If it was anyone other than Gatland... Plus if he was anything other than Scottish... he’d be guaranteed.
Leinster v Toulon off due to Covid in the French camp - Leinster get a walk over now
Old 03-04-21, 10:56 PM   #4833
Irishnev
Shankly

Munster out in a thriller - I wonder if we could get this guy to coach.....

Was in my year at Uni and he was some player and seems to have all the tools to make it as a top coach
Old 04-04-21, 12:15 PM   #4834
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Some great games this weekend, I watched Exeter v Lyon yesterday which was a brilliant game. Just sitting down to Racing v Edinburgh now.
Old 04-04-21, 02:17 PM   #4835
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Edinburgh getting pulverised by Racing. Edinburgh haven’t played badly, they just can’t live with the power.
Old 08-04-21, 07:41 PM   #4836
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Second row meet Scrum Half.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #4837
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Exeter looking brilliant so far going 14-0 up v Leinster in first ten mins.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #4838
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Leinster come back strongly 14-7.
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #4839
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

14-14
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #4840
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Leinster win. They are just too powerful.

est1892 > General > General Sports