It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 17-12-20, 12:06 AM   #4081
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I agree. He definitely had one of his best games in ages. Was picking some great pockets of space, and keeping the ball well. When his touch is right and he is not giving the ball away you know he is on it.

Had 2 or 3 shots at goal and then the header was a bullet.
Old 17-12-20, 12:08 AM   #4082
Exiled_red
Paisley

Hopefully this will give him a confidence boost and he can go on a bit of a goal scoring run, as he's tended to be a patchy goalscorer.
Old 17-12-20, 12:10 AM   #4083
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Heís never going to be a goal scoring machine. Never has. Good luck with that guys.
Old 17-12-20, 12:10 AM   #4084
Cormack74
Shankly

I reckon he's had a confidence boost from Jota being out of the picture for a few weeks (months?)
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 12:12 AM   #4085
baitman
Daddy day care

Hes been edging for far too long, but proper emptied his sack there.

#gushing

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 12:16 AM   #4086
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
He’s never going to be a goal scoring machine. Never has. Good luck with that guys.
Nobody is saying that though? He had one of his best games in ages, that is totally accurate.

He isnt going to get 20-30 goals per season, but the fact he is getting more involved in moves and is having some shots is a good sign, a sign that he is playing better if you will.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 12:21 AM   #4087
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Hes been edging for far too long, but proper emptied his sack there.

#gushing
Old 17-12-20, 12:26 AM   #4088
BG1973
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I didn't think so. He actually looked dangerous by having a few shots. He's gone runs of games without even threatening the goal. I know it's not all about goals but for me if you play in a team whereby the midfield offer little goal threat, your centre backs offer little from set pieces and you have nowt left on the bench, you need to chip in or at least create danger. He did it very well. He didn't give the ball away much either tonight. The goal capped a better all round game.
When you have 76% possession playing a wall, you're going to take a few shots.

The Bobby debate will run on forever. It wasn't an issue last year when we won every game but it is this year. Personally don't understand why he is singled out.

Maybe it's Mane's turn now.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 12:37 AM   #4089
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1973 View Post
When you have 76% possession playing a wall, you're going to take a few shots.

The Bobby debate will run on forever. It wasn't an issue last year when we won every game but it is this year. Personally don't understand why he is singled out.

Maybe it's Mane's turn now.
Pretty simple really. If you win games, most stuff is forgotten. Who really cares if you get 3 points? If you don't win games its natural to look at why. To win games you need to score. Sometimes salah or mane won't score so someone needs to step up. I really don't understand the issue.
Old 17-12-20, 12:38 AM   #4090
Fredo

Quote:
Nobody is saying that though? He had one of his best games in ages, that is totally accurate.

He isnt going to get 20-30 goals per season, but the fact he is getting more involved in moves and is having some shots is a good sign, a sign that he is playing better if you will.
He plays better when the team and the movement around him is better. That's what I always felt with Bobby. When we're struggling, more often than not his game will be off as it relies on players around him getting into pockets so that he can knit his game around.

As for his goalscoring record, I see this being mentioned in here too often. That's not his game and never has been. If he scores 20 goals a season it's going to be the exception rather the rule. He gets himself into great positions at times but he's not a no 9.
Old 17-12-20, 09:36 AM   #4091
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
I agree. He definitely had one of his best games in ages. Was picking some great pockets of space...
Partly to do with the way Spurs played. They pressed the wider men so much there was a bit more space for Bobby.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 09:55 AM   #4092
greenturnip
Benitez

Bobby has always been a fine header of the ball. It helps. Sadio just needs a break...
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-20, 12:14 PM   #4093
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Great stat. He might not score loads of goals but Christ he scores nearly all the big ones.

Old 17-12-20, 01:04 PM   #4094
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Great stat. He might not score loads of goals but Christ he scores nearly all the big ones.

https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/s...38122388267013
That is a good observation, he seems to love a heat of the battle winner.

PSG, Wolves away last season (quite a similar game to last night actually) and then last night all spring to mind.

Based on how jubilant I feel this morning, the team must be flying

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 17-12-20, 01:14 PM   #4095
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
That is a good observation, he seems to love a heat of the battle winner.

PSG, Wolves away last season (quite a similar game to last night actually) and then last night all spring to mind.

Based on how jubilant I feel this morning, the team must be flying
Southampton away, Palace away, WCC final, big goals
Old 18-12-20, 12:21 PM   #4096
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Scum?
Old 18-12-20, 01:47 PM   #4097
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Nah Shaggy is an alright bloke
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-20, 03:38 PM   #4098
dizzycat
Dalglish

His reaction after scoring that goal is one of the few things that has put a smile on my face this year. The essence of humanity expressed through pure joy.
Old 14-02-21, 03:39 PM   #4099
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

It's three years since Bobby was under investigation after Holgate made up a racial abuse accusation to avoid a red card for violent conduct. Time really flies.
Old 21-02-21, 01:36 AM   #4100
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What a frustrating player.

Unplayable on his day, but that day is about 1 in 8 games at the moment.

Had at least four chances today. One deflected for a corner, two pea rollers and one shanked into the stands.

He must do better. He seems way too chilled out, feels like he needs to be a bit angrier and more demonstrative. He is just so casual. Needs a bit more of a killer instinct infront of goal. Right now he works hard and delivers nothing.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 21-02-21, 01:41 AM   #4101
Fredo

Quote:

Had at least four chances today. One deflected for a corner, two pea rollers and one shanked into the stands.

He must do better. He seems way too chilled out, feels like he needs to be a bit angrier and more demonstrative. He is just so casual. Needs a bit more of a killer instinct infront of goal. Right now he works hard and delivers nothing.
On the contrary, I think he's forcing it way too much and overthinking it.
Old 21-02-21, 01:44 AM   #4102
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:

Hard to judge a players level of self critique based on external body language. For all anyone knows he could be in pieces or furious internally whilst exuding a different demeanour.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 01:45 PM   #4103
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

If we had a fully fit side I would be surprised if he wasn't on the bench. I'm getting a bit tired of saying Bobby is quality but...

He has been so poor over the last year or so apart from a few games here and there & I wonder just how much longer we will stick with him if this dismal form continues.
Old 22-02-21, 01:48 PM   #4104
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

If we had a fully fit side I would be surprised if he wasn't on the bench. I'm getting a bit tired of saying Bobby is quality but...

He has been so poor over the last year or so apart from a few games here and there & I wonder just how much longer we will stick with him if this dismal form continues.
His form started to lag over a year ago and the hard work with intermittent flashes of genius donít cut it anymore. When Klopp came in he focussed on the attack and worked on defence afterwards. I think we need a CB to partner VVD and we equally need a centre forward to score goals
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 01:50 PM   #4105
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I wouldn't be against us bringing Grealish in. He is class. I was a sceptic, but he looks amazing in every game I see him play. He is constantly producing, good with the ball in pretty much every area of the pitch. And Prem proven.

Obviously a bit of a 'character' but I dont see that as a massive problem.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 22-02-21, 01:53 PM   #4106
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
His form started to lag over a year ago and the hard work with intermittent flashes of genius donít cut it anymore. When Klopp came in he focussed on the attack and worked on defence afterwards. I think we need a CB to partner VVD and we equally need a centre forward to score goals

Absolutely, he is a fan favorite so I get why people jump to his defence but if you are a centre forward at LFC you have to score goals. It's as simple as that and his numbers have dropped off over the last while. I can't believe someone with that much quality has such a poor strike of a ball, either that or it's lack of composure.
Old 22-02-21, 01:54 PM   #4107
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I wouldn't be against us bringing Grealish in. He is class. I was a sceptic, but he looks amazing in every game I see him play. He is constantly producing, good with the ball in pretty much every area of the pitch. And Prem proven.

I haven't seen much of him as I hardly watch other teams games just highlights. Is Grealish not just given effectively a free role at Villa and wonder if he could reproduce that form somewhere else where he has a more defined role.

Also what is his work rate like?
Old 22-02-21, 01:54 PM   #4108
danperkins

Quote:

I've been a sceptic too but he's a fabulous player, not sure if he has the discipline to play under Klopp as he seems more of a free spirit. I just wonder will we fall so far this season that we won't be considered by the top tier lads? The best guys want to be playing in the champions league after all. I see United written all over Grealish
Old 22-02-21, 02:00 PM   #4109
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Grealish looks a player but I wonder where he would fit in our team tbh. He gets more or less a free role at Villa and not sure how well he works in a press. Then again he does look talented enough to perform at a higher level.

Martinez at Inter is who I would like to see come in (Haaland would be a dream buy but think Martinez is more gettable)

High work rate, quick, quite physical, good on the ball and good at beating a player. Good in the air in a Mane sort of way as in he looks too short to be as effective as he is in the air. Can play as a lone striker or can play really well in a deeper almost 9.5 role.

Presses in a manner not unlike how Suarez used to when without the ball and will come deep to battle for the ball and to harry midfielders.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 02:33 PM   #4110
frank the tank
Shankly

I think if Jota hadn't got injured then it's likely that Frmino would be on the bench a lot now....
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 02:55 PM   #4111
S-RED
Dalglish

Grealish would cost us in excess of 80mill, so won't be on our radar.

His workrate this season is massively improved, as others have said, he has free reign to go where he wants & the likes on Konta, McGinn do the shovel work for the team
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 03:06 PM   #4112
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Grealish would cost us in excess of 80mill, so won't be on our radar.

His workrate this season is massively improved, as others have said, he has free reign to go where he wants & the likes on Konta, McGinn do the shovel work for the team
The cost is an absolute non-starter, as I have said elsewhere I wonder if Elliott is/could be developed to play this role in future (it's a few years away at least though...)
Old 22-02-21, 07:53 PM   #4113
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Booby has been brilliant for us but at the end of the day this has gone on too long. We simply can't carry a non scoring striker no matter what else he brings to the side. Everton openly saying that they stifled Salah and Mane and let the chances fall to Bobby knowing he'd probably miss. Hopefully with Jota back soon we can be more unpredictable again. But for next season we have to go balls deep for a Haaland or a Mbappe.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 08:08 PM   #4114
Paul12
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
We simply can't carry a non scoring striker no matter what else he brings to the side.
Well, just think of him as an advanced midfielder then. His scoring record is better that the other creators.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 08:10 PM   #4115
Ams12
Dalglish

My choice would be Haaland. Big & strong so can make use of the billion crosses we put in! Can provide for Mane & Salah and vice versa for him. Good on the ball so can score too!

Will be a high fee but 100% will be worth it if we go on to win more trophies!

Think that 1 signing will sort us out again. Virg will be back & hopefully to pre injury standards. Gomez back and again hopefully up to standards once he gets into his stride. Will need a good 3rd Choice instead of Matip. Weíll also need a solution for the 3rd midfield role, Hendo & Fab are 1st choice. Maybe it will be Thiago next season playing in a functioning side so gives Jones another year to establish himself as the more regular 3rd choice. So thats 4 for the 3 spots. If Shaq stays thatís 5 & if Gini leaves, weíll need that replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 08:42 PM   #4116
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He's also everyone else's choice and therefore he's not coming to Liverpool to play in the Europa League.
Old 22-02-21, 10:07 PM   #4117
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
Booby has been brilliant for us but at the end of the day this has gone on too long. We simply can't carry a non scoring striker no matter what else he brings to the side. Everton openly saying that they stifled Salah and Mane and let the chances fall to Bobby knowing he'd probably miss. Hopefully with Jota back soon we can be more unpredictable again. But for next season we have to go balls deep for a Haaland or a Mbappe.

YNWA
Did the Everton players say that?

They've kind of spoiled it for other PL teams who were hoping to continue using this tactic while Klopp seemed to be the only person who couldn't see this. Now even Klopp will have been shocked that the truth was this blatant.
Old 23-02-21, 08:54 AM   #4118
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
He's also everyone else's choice and therefore he's not coming to Liverpool to play in the Europa League.
this is the potential reality.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC