It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 22-02-21, 11:33 AM   #601
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
We had one this season (maybe vs Newcastle?) where the ball was there for a tap in by Mane and he stumbled over the keeper when trying to get to it. Seemed quite a comparable situation, and we didn't the call, obviously.

Edit: this one..
Yeah I was thinking about that one, very similar, except the foul on Mane was worse as the GK grabs at his leg
Old 22-02-21, 11:35 AM   #602
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
We have been on the receiving end of so many of these subjective VAR calls - I wouldnt mind if everyone was getting equally shafted but the next game you see the opposite decision taken from a similar situation. They really are just making it up as they go along. VAR has given them the ability to make this right but theyve ballsed it up even more......another infuriating aspect of this season

i was all for VAR when the debate was all about it. Even the whole "you have to wait to celebrate" argument didn't bother me....as long as the decisions were correct.

I remember people complaining about it in the world cup when it was first introduced and again, i thought it was good. The ref runs over, watches the replays and makes the decision. But the fuckin english premier league have managed to fuck it up. They've fucked up their "product"
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 11:41 AM   #603
Exiled_red
Paisley

I posted this in relation to the Man Utd penalty yesterday but for me the big issue with VAR is the burden of proof to change decisions is so high. The soft penalties end up being given as called on the pitch. i.e. if it's a soft pen given by the on field officials unless there is clearly no contact it won't be overturned, if the referee doesn't give a penalty the unless there is a serious foul a really bad miss by the ref no penalty will be given.

Ultimately the decisions come down to how likely the on field official is to give a penalty to certain teams or certain players, as 90+% of penalty calls will not be overturned by VAR even if the VAR official and everyone else in the country would call it the other way. Referees are more likely to give soft pens to Kane, Alli, Rashford, Vardy etc than Salah or Mane
Old 22-02-21, 11:43 AM   #604
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post

i was all for VAR when the debate was all about it. Even the whole "you have to wait to celebrate" argument didn't bother me....as long as the decisions were correct.

I remember people complaining about it in the world cup when it was first introduced and again, i thought it was good. The ref runs over, watches the replays and makes the decision. But the fuckin english premier league have managed to fuck it up. They've fucked up their "product"
It was crap in the World Cup too. Refs watching replays for minutes on end and still fucking up the decisions. Other leagues are making a mess of it too, it's not just the Premier League.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 12:50 PM   #605
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
We had one this season (maybe vs Newcastle?) where the ball was there for a tap in by Mane and he stumbled over the keeper when trying to get to it. Seemed quite a comparable situation, and we didn't the call, obviously.

Edit: this one..
He didn't remember to get up turn to the ref and appeal. Calvert-Lewin was appealing before he even hit the deck.

The whole VAR thing is clearly made up on the hoof. With allowances needing to be made for what ever the mysterious overlords at Bletchley Park defining the results of games on a weekly basis.

Ethnicity and country of birth seem to be as big factors in the publicity given to any rulings as much as the severity or consistency of foul and decision.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 12:53 PM   #606
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
It was crap in the World Cup too. Refs watching replays for minutes on end and still fucking up the decisions. Other leagues are making a mess of it too, it's not just the Premier League.
cant remember it being as crap....... possibly because it wasn't LFC getting fucked over
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 12:57 PM   #607
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
cant remember it being as crap....... possibly because it wasn't LFC getting fucked over
That certainly makes it worse

It was early days back then too, so I suppose we were a bit more patient with it and giving the benefit of the doubt for teething problems and allowing refs to adapt. If anything its gotten even worse though.
Old 22-02-21, 01:24 PM   #608
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
:
Ethnicity and country of birth seem to be as big factors in the publicity given to any rulings as much as the severity or consistency of foul and decision.
This is definitely the elephant in the room !!!

Just look at the decisions Kane, Rashford, Calvert Lewin win, against the those not given for foreign players
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-21, 11:44 PM   #609
Scratch
If you fail once....

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
This is definitely the elephant in the room !!!

Just look at the decisions Kane, Rashford, Calvert Lewin win, against the those not given for foreign players
Simple innit; dirty foreigners diving all over the place, craft Englishmen, earning penalties and free-kicks
Old 23-02-21, 07:41 AM   #610
Irishnev
Shankly

Not sure what to make of this tbh - saw the Ali one post game and was slightly annoyed by the Firmino one is weird

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 08:56 AM   #611
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Klopp looks happy about with Alisson anyways. Yeah whether it's harmless or not it is stupid by Firmino, especially considering the state the club is currently in & the fact that he's been dogshit for over a year now.

Last edited by danperkins; 23-02-21 at 08:59 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 09:07 AM   #612
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

What a fucking idiot. He has not helped himself at all here.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 09:59 AM   #613
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
it is a bit of a joke to be honest.

The implementation of VAR has been a typical car crash. Fuckin bullshit implementation by the pack of tosspots that is the FA, Premier League, refs association or whatever. Fuckin joke.

They should mike these dick heads up. At least then it would show how fuckin basic they are. And surely the likes of Sky sports et al could not help but call them out then.

I reckon we are about 10 points down because of shitty decisions this season. We've been shit. Our defense has been decimated. Our injury list has been painful as fuck. But we have been fucked by the officials as well
Aye, wed be in a CL spot and well pissed off but not disconsolate as we are. Was thinking this the other day. Absolute joke.
Old 23-02-21, 12:31 PM   #614
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
What a fucking idiot. He has not helped himself at all here.
He can warm the bench the second Jota is back.
Old 23-02-21, 02:54 PM   #615
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Fans are livid as is, Bobby has been shite & a simple like shouldn't be a big deal but it shows a complete lack of awareness especially considering what Ricky did to Thiago. Same goes for Alisson joking with Picker after fucking destroying VVD. The optics are horrible, have a laugh and joke etc but have the brains to do it in private as it's pretty obvious what the reaction for the LFC fanbase will be.
Old 23-02-21, 03:02 PM   #616
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Fair
Old 23-02-21, 03:38 PM   #617
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Fair. It’s a poor decision particularly given the picture. Not bothered about the Ali one so much.

Also Ricky and Picker

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 03:44 PM   #618
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Fair. Its a poor decision particularly given the picture. Not bothered about the Ali one so much.

Also Ricky and Picker
I bet even Firmino and Alisson dont have such matey nicknames for them
Old 23-02-21, 05:09 PM   #619
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Fans are livid as is, Bobby has been shite & a simple like shouldn't be a big deal but it shows a complete lack of awareness especially considering what Ricky did to Thiago. Same goes for Alisson joking with Picker after fucking destroying VVD. The optics are horrible, have a laugh and joke etc but have the brains to do it in private as it's pretty obvious what the reaction for the LFC fanbase will be.
Old 23-02-21, 07:19 PM   #620
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

I wonder what Klopp will do about it? Anyone reckon he's even aware of it?

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 07:36 PM   #621
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
I wonder what Klopp will do about it? Anyone reckon he's even aware of it?
I think he will be aware because well have a social media team but hell do nothing as it warrants no action. Just a bit silly from Bobby who seems a bit oblivious to the sentiment especially given how the fans are feeling right now

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC