It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 01-08-17, 05:13 PM   #2721
Cormack74
Shankly
 
Cormack74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,876
When this first came up I wondered if they might just base the SA teams over here.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 05:23 PM   #2722
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
I can't see them flying back every week, so I'd imagine they will have clusters of away games followed by clusters of home games? It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 05:52 PM   #2723
Zapater
Dalglish
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,304
It'll have to be done like that 'tours'. Similar to how the Jaguares play in Super Rugby. Geographically nowhere near NZ, Australia, SA or Asia.

They had to find a solution because the Super Rugby expansion from last season wasn't working there was too much travelling and too many fixtures. Also the quality of the competition was getting diluted. Problem is the teams/fans etc, especially the Cheetahs would never accept not having a team entered into an international competition. I think it's impossible that the franchises will be based abroad for that reason alone.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes, because often these kind of experiments don't work out great. I also wonder if it'll be more financially viable in terms of sponsorship and bonuses for SA players to be playing in this competition i.e. the advantages of some overseas benefits from home regarding payment structure. I'm also curious to see if this will impact upon international selection.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 01:47 PM   #2724
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
England players Manu Tuilagi and Denny Solomona have been sent home from a training camp over "team culture issues", says the Rugby Football Union.


Team Culture Issues...?

I wonder how many pints these culture issues involved?
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 12:19 PM   #2725
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,697
Australia getting a brutal, brutal beating.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 12:34 PM   #2726
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
They just aren't the same force right now.

We beat them in Australia this summer with a massively under strength XV.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog

Last edited by Buzzo; 19-08-17 at 12:36 PM.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 12:35 PM   #2727
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
27-54 now...!
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 12:56 PM   #2728
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,697
New Zealand completely stopped trying after I typed that haha!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 04:25 PM   #2729
Rigadon
Shankly
 
Rigadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
They just aren't the same force right now.

We beat them in Australia this summer with a massively under strength XV.
There were thousands of empty seats in the stadium. Union's in a bad place in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
New Zealand completely stopped trying after I typed that haha!
It was far too easy for them first half. Australia missed so many tackles and the ABs were clinical.

Wayne Barnes had a good game
__________________
Another MASSIVE game
Rigadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-17, 03:48 PM   #2730
Rigadon
Shankly
 
Rigadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,919
The New Zealand v Australia game was a cracker. Definitely worth watching.
__________________
Another MASSIVE game
Rigadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-17, 09:06 PM   #2731
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 24,840
Women's Rugby World Cup Final tries going over like a game of League.
__________________
Lot and lots of points still to go. We're going to win it for a 7th time instead.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 03:05 PM   #2732
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Big win for Glasgow last night against Munster.

I watched it - Glasgow look good with Gray and Hogg still to come back from injury.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 09:16 PM   #2733
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Big win for Glasgow last night against Munster Reserves.

I watched it - Glasgow look good with Gray and Hogg still to come back from injury.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 10:02 PM   #2734
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Still an absolute pounding - Glasgow missing players too

Watched Edinburgh tonight they were shite. Terrible ref though.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 12:11 AM   #2735
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Watched Glasgow beat Cheetahs away tonight. Stunning game.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 08:54 PM   #2736
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Ireland just thumped ZA - once we could match their physicality then they had nothing.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 02:40 PM   #2737
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
What was going on with the kit clash in that game?

Took my kids to their first ever international yesterday. Ended up being a sellout v Samoa.

Ridiculous match. 44-38 (highest ever points haul in Murrayfield international) 11 tries, 6 to us. Kids still got bored

Lots of good fast play, lots to worry about before the visit of the ABs next week. Defends will need to sharpen up otherwise we will get mulched.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 05:18 PM   #2738
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
What was going on with the kit clash in that game?

Took my kids to their first ever international yesterday. Ended up being a sellout v Samoa.

Ridiculous match. 44-38 (highest ever points haul in Murrayfield international) 11 tries, 6 to us. Kids still got bored

Lots of good fast play, lots to worry about before the visit of the ABs next week. Defends will need to sharpen up otherwise we will get mulched.
said the same re the jerseys - bright green vs dark green would have been easier to the eye!

Saw some of the Scottish game, looked v open and if the kids got bored God forbid they saw any of the Irish vs Denmark match - football that would have embarrassed Pulis!
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-17, 10:47 PM   #2739
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34,794
Hahaha

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...x1cnsfoej4c22o
__________________
Great Britain is really fucked.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 11:06 AM   #2740
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Jonathon Davies out of the 6 nations. That’s a huge blow for Wales.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41957849
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 05:18 PM   #2741
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Incredible atmosphere at Murrayfield on Sat.

We were so close to beating the AB's for the first time. Watching the game back we actually deserved to and should have.

Even though they received 2 yellows they deserved 4, the 2 that weren't given were so blatant, but they do seem to get that little bit of assistance that they do not require. The AB's scored a couple of nice tries but we shaded possession, territory and scored 2 great tries. We were decimated by injury by the end with an insanely inexperienced front 3, and a hooker playing back row, but we still stuck in.

Stuart Hogg was within metres of scoring one of the all time great tries at the end and if he had gone over Finn Russell would have had a kick to win it.

An opportunity missed.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 08:19 AM   #2742
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Incredible atmosphere at Murrayfield on Sat.

We were so close to beating the AB's for the first time. Watching the game back we actually deserved to and should have.

Even though they received 2 yellows they deserved 4, the 2 that weren't given were so blatant, but they do seem to get that little bit of assistance that they do not require. The AB's scored a couple of nice tries but we shaded possession, territory and scored 2 great tries. We were decimated by injury by the end with an insanely inexperienced front 3, and a hooker playing back row, but we still stuck in.

Stuart Hogg was within metres of scoring one of the all time great tries at the end and if he had gone over Finn Russell would have had a kick to win it.

An opportunity missed.
The ABs just get it done, IRL went so close so many times and finally beat them last year. Scotland are a team on the up no doubt and will have a say in the 6 Nations.

IRL reserves struggled past Fiji who were far far better than I thought.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-17, 09:21 PM   #2743
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Jaysus Buzzo - imagine if the Lions were being picked tomorrow you'd nearly get a test bench spot

Fair play - amazing result vs Australia
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-17, 09:40 PM   #2744
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Jaysus Buzzo - imagine if the Lions were being picked tomorrow you'd nearly get a test bench spot

Fair play - amazing result vs Australia


Yeah, Hogg pulled up pre match though, so we'd probably still go without.

Amazing performance again today, we are missing loads of players but are starting to show some real strength and depth. We struggled to settle at first with the late line up change, but still made all the early running. A couple of knock ons letting them off the hook.

Aussies had a red card just before half time, deserved. We then demolished them after half time.

Walking back post match I couldn't remember how many tries we'd scored (8). Not something I imagined happening v the Aussies.

Murrayfield is absolutely rocking these days. It seems hard to remember the times when we just couldn't score a try.

Next home match, the English
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-17, 10:49 PM   #2745
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post


Yeah, Hogg pulled up pre match though, so we'd probably still go without.

Amazing performance again today, we are missing loads of players but are starting to show some real strength and depth. We struggled to settle at first with the late line up change, but still made all the early running. A couple of knock ons letting them off the hook.

Aussies had a red card just before half time, deserved. We then demolished them after half time.

Walking back post match I couldn't remember how many tries we'd scored (8). Not something I imagined happening v the Aussies.

Murrayfield is absolutely rocking these days. It seems hard to remember the times when we just couldn't score a try.

Next home match, the English
Townsend doing an excellent job, building on the Glasgow success. This is not meant to be patronising but I see a lot of similarities to Ireland a few years ago. Wakes and France are on the decline so we both have a lot to look forward to. The 6 nations and the RWC will be interesting down the road.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-17, 02:36 AM   #2746
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Townsend doing an excellent job, building on the Glasgow success. This is not meant to be patronising but I see a lot of similarities to Ireland a few years ago. Wakes and France are on the decline so we both have a lot to look forward to. The 6 nations and the RWC will be interesting down the road.
Definitely not patronising to be compared to the Irish.

One thing we have for the first time is some strength and depth. So many players out injured and everyone has come in and performed.

Great times.

Can't wait for the 6 nations.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog

Last edited by Buzzo; 26-11-17 at 02:43 AM.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 04:42 PM   #2747
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Not long until the Six Nations.

Absolutely beauty of a 'coast to coast' try on Saturday for Glasgow against Exeter Chiefs.


Looks like we could be set for some decent back play again, with the Warriors backs being pretty much the Scotland ones. We will need to as we have loads of prop and hooker injuries and will be struggling to put a decent front down out
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 04:44 PM   #2748
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy
 
Red_Polo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Not long until the Six Nations.

Absolutely beauty of a 'coast to coast' try on Saturday for Glasgow against Exeter Chiefs.

https://twitter.com/ChampionsCup/sta...64430631485441

Looks like we could be set for some decent back play again, with the Warriors backs being pretty much the Scotland ones. We will need to as we have loads of prop and hooker injuries and will be struggling to put a decent front down out
WP Nel out again?!
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 04:49 PM   #2749
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
WP Nel out again?!
Nel out, Marfo out, Ford out, Fagerson out, Berghan banned, Dickinson still out, Fraser Brown out.

Probably only Mcinally of our first choice front row starts. Could be problems.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 11:34 PM   #2750
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
So Buzzo, you feeling confident....? Still hard to see beyond England.
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 11:54 PM   #2751
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
So Buzzo, you feeling confident....? Still hard to see beyond England.
Yeah, with our injuries, Iím not feeling massively confident. Particularly in the front row, which could be crucial if the guys that come in donít hit the ground running.

We are well stocked everywhere else except stand off, where Finn Russell is irreplaceable.

3 wins and Iíd be happy. Above that ecstatic.

Reckon we will score some tryís though. Our backs are flying.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 11:57 PM   #2752
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Also, yeah, no ther country can live with England’s resources (well the French could, but they are well, the French).

Injuries will be crucial, anyone wanting to challenge England will need some luck with injuries. But in such a short tournament they are inevitable.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 11:58 PM   #2753
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Also, yeah, no ther country can live with Englandís resources (well the French could, but they are well, the French).

Injuries will be crucial, anyone wanting to challenge England will need some luck with injuries. But in such a short tournament they are inevitable.
Feel the same - avoid injuries and we have a shot of a grand slam (genuinely) but Murray and Sexton irreplaceable
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 12:42 AM   #2754
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Feel the same - avoid injuries and we have a shot of a grand slam (genuinely) but Murray and Sexton irreplaceable
I think we have an outside chance of the Slam, but I don't expect it. Maybe next year if the team continue to develop.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 11:12 AM   #2755
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I think we have an outside chance of the Slam, but I don't expect it. Maybe next year if the team continue to develop.
We owe you lot and need to lay a marker for the World Cup - we have a few good younguns coming through also - Stockdale, Ryan, Conan, Aki, Lamour and Ringrose, hopefully they see some game time!!
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-18, 11:35 AM   #2756
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
We owe you lot and need to lay a marker for the World Cup - we have a few good younguns coming through also - Stockdale, Ryan, Conan, Aki, Lamour and Ringrose, hopefully they see some game time!!
I think our game vs you lot will be a cracker.

It was last time out.

Hogg is crucial for us vs Ireland (well everyone really), he has scored 3 or 4 trys against Ireland in the last 2 seasons.

Watch England target him again, he had to go off with an HIA at Twickenham last season.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 01:42 PM   #2757
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145
I don't recognise a number of these players - surely a Scotland win...?
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 02:10 PM   #2758
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 43,589
Recognise a few of them from Pro14, but yes, we should be optimistic.

The only issues are our decimated front row, and record away in Cardiff (no win since 2002).

I’m quietly confident though.
__________________
Create a memory

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-18, 08:14 AM   #2759
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy
 
Red_Polo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I don't recognise a number of these players - surely a Scotland win...?
https://twitter.com/examinersport/st...16964769824768
You'd think so, that's an incredibly depleted looking team.
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-18, 09:43 PM   #2760
Irishnev
Shankly
 
Irishnev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,145

Joe is finally blooding a few youngsters - for those of you not familiar with Irish rugby we have Stockdale & Aki in the backs and James Ryan (future Lions captain) in the pack.

I'd have picked Lamour over Kearney, Leavy over Van der Flier and Jack McGrath over Cian Healy. If we can avoid injuries to key players we have a shot.

We have only beaten France twice in Paris in the last 20 years though so history is against them!
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > General > General Sports

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.