It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 20-02-21, 10:21 PM   #8281
Pepe79
Shankly

To be honest, all 3 were rhetorical.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 10:21 PM   #8282
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Right, so there are no other ways of playing apart from a rigid 433 every game, even when it's not working. Got it.
Old 20-02-21, 10:30 PM   #8283
Pepe79
Shankly

All I’m saying is, I’m not sure the options are realistically there at the moment.

And I’m not sure the 433 categorically isn’t working either. We were bad tonight, but overall we were good against City and Leicester, bar a combined 10 mins of madness. Does a formation change wipe out individual clangers? Or forwards not finishing their chances?
Old 20-02-21, 10:31 PM   #8284
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Right, so there are no other ways of playing apart from a rigid 433 every game, even when it's not working. Got it.
50 shades of stubborn

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 11:17 AM   #8285
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Klopp looks broken I’m not sure if it has anything to do with his mother passing but his light and energy has gone ... very sad to see
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 11:55 AM   #8286
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Klopp will be doing what he can with who he has available. Man has had a tough season on a number of fronts, and we will see him smile again in time.

Our current run is a bitter pill after the spoiling we got the past few seasons, but that is football. You get amazing highs and then spells in the gutter.

History has shown we come back strong from being in the gutter, history has shown that Klopp comes back strong after adversity. It might not happen quickly but we will claw our way back.

If a weak season is the price to pay after the previous two seasons and the price to pay for us to restructure/remotivate/ re-whatever else, then so be it.

Watched this team a long time now and the past few seasons under Klopp are up there with the best I have experienced. The man created a team that made me feel like I was a kid again watching our dominant teams of the 1980s. A crap season does not take that away. A crap season does not take number six and number nineteen away.

Only thing a crap season can take away is what we let it take away. Yeah we can be pissed at results, yeah we might think a player is or is not good enough after a game, but at the end of the day we have the choice to wallow in our own metaphorical shit pile (or literal if some like I'm not judging ya, well I am but hey ho) after each bad result or we can hope that there are better times coming down the road that will be made all the more sweeter having come out of a rough period.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 21-02-21 at 11:57 AM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 12:00 PM   #8287
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Klopp looks broken I’m not sure if it has anything to do with his mother passing but his light and energy has gone ... very sad to see
I'd be amazed if all of his energy wasn't focused on the champions league at this stage
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 12:12 PM   #8288
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

It's not just him though. He's got a team of experts around him.
Old 21-02-21, 12:48 PM   #8289
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

We’ve had enough of experts tho apparently.
Old 21-02-21, 02:09 PM   #8290
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

He's seems too stubborn to change the system or tactics.

I just wish the fans were in to give him the love and more importantly the energy he needs. He feeds off the crowd more than the players.

Hopefully we can win enough games to finish top 6. Start again next season.
Old 21-02-21, 02:12 PM   #8291
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Spuds losing. Surely both the Bitters and Moyeseh can’t finish above us
Old 21-02-21, 02:25 PM   #8292
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Klopp will be doing what he can with who he has available. Man has had a tough season on a number of fronts, and we will see him smile again in time.

Our current run is a bitter pill after the spoiling we got the past few seasons, but that is football. You get amazing highs and then spells in the gutter.

History has shown we come back strong from being in the gutter, history has shown that Klopp comes back strong after adversity. It might not happen quickly but we will claw our way back.

If a weak season is the price to pay after the previous two seasons and the price to pay for us to restructure/remotivate/ re-whatever else, then so be it.

Watched this team a long time now and the past few seasons under Klopp are up there with the best I have experienced. The man created a team that made me feel like I was a kid again watching our dominant teams of the 1980s. A crap season does not take that away. A crap season does not take number six and number nineteen away.

Only thing a crap season can take away is what we let it take away. Yeah we can be pissed at results, yeah we might think a player is or is not good enough after a game, but at the end of the day we have the choice to wallow in our own metaphorical shit pile (or literal if some like I'm not judging ya, well I am but hey ho) after each bad result or we can hope that there are better times coming down the road that will be made all the more sweeter having come out of a rough period.
Does he. After he got relegated at Mainz he left after he couldn't get them back up.

The at Dortmund he started badly and announced he'd leave at the end of the season where they climbed back to seventh.

Now he's here. You wouldn't be surprised to see him leave tbh. But obviously i hope he stays and builds another team here.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 02:48 PM   #8293
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
He's seems too stubborn to change the system or tactics.

I just wish the fans were in to give him the love and more importantly the energy he needs. He feeds off the crowd more than the players.

Hopefully we can win enough games to finish top 6. Start again next season.
Was just going to mention the lack of fans playing a part in this
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 03:13 PM   #8294
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Does he. After he got relegated at Mainz he left after he couldn't get them back up.

The at Dortmund he started badly and announced he'd leave at the end of the season where they climbed back to seventh.

Now he's here. You wouldn't be surprised to see him leave tbh. But obviously i hope he stays and builds another team here.

At Dortmund he and his team did respond well and finished that season strongly.

As for Mainz, he did leave them after coming second on the bundesliga 2 after staying with them after they were relegated. So do not think it is wrong to say he had them playing well the season after the relegatn, plus he also had taken them to promotion in the past too.

The man's history with regards to adversity is good and he always tries to improve before leaving and not leave when the team is on a downward trend.
Old 21-02-21, 03:30 PM   #8295
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

He's obviously a world class manager and his outstanding traits are widely regarded to be his ability to motivate, to create a team ethic and to instill belief that following his ideas will lead to success. And the success we've had has been self perpetuating, the more the players have bought into it, the more success we've had. But when that cycle is broken, and his work doesn't turn things around, then what? Some will conclude that they and their fellow players aren't doing it right and be motivated to improve, others might react differently and prefer to question the approach rather than themselves. If enough of the squad stick with the former, we can play through this, but if some believe the latter, particularly the bigger names with options away from Liverpool, then we really are in trouble.
Old 21-02-21, 03:37 PM   #8296
Peter_Griffin
Houllier

The cycle isn’t broken?! We’ve got crippling injuries. It’s not like we’re full strength and playing shite. The reason we are were we are is due to the worst injuries to any team I can remember. That’s not on Klopp.
Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 03:45 PM   #8297
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I'd hazard a guess that our fringe players are on between no less than 70k a week and 120k. If they can't learn and perform to a level better than the bottom half of the PL (when playing alongside some so called superstars) then we're getting it wrong.

It's the inability of these players to perform that is causing Klopp to have to run our main man in to the ground
Old 21-02-21, 03:57 PM   #8298
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Griffin View Post
The cycle isn’t broken?! We’ve got crippling injuries. It’s not like we’re full strength and playing shite. The reason we are were we are is due to the worst injuries to any team I can remember. That’s not on Klopp.
We got embarrassed by Villa with Gomez, VVD, Jota, Fab in midfield. They know there are other issues, probably did after losing 4-0 to city and to arsenal after the restart last year, following a season and a half of winning nearly ever week. Whether they attribute any of the change to Klopp or the club is another matter. Who knows?

Last edited by Kenneth; 21-02-21 at 04:00 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 03:58 PM   #8299
fabinho
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I'd hazard a guess that our fringe players are on between no less than 70k a week and 120k. If they can't learn and perform to a level better than the bottom half of the PL (when playing alongside some so called superstars) then we're getting it wrong.

It's the inability of these players to perform that is causing Klopp to have to run our main man in to the ground
For the last two seasons we've had our core players fit, we played superbly and when 1 player was injured we slotted another in place and carried on as normal. Its given us a false impression of our squad depth, this season has given us a wake up call.

The problem is that its difficult to get world class players in as squaddies unless the owners are prepared to invest the sort of money seen at City or Utd. That being said, our squad players should be of adequate quality to beat most sides in the league, but results and performances show they're not.

Bin the lot off after this shower and invest heavily on quality bench warmers for the win!!!

Last edited by fabinho; 21-02-21 at 04:04 PM.
fabinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 04:17 PM   #8300
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:
We got embarrassed by Villa with Gomez, VVD, Jota, Fab in midfield. They know there are other issues, probably did after losing 4-0 to city and to arsenal after the restart last year, following a season and a half of winning nearly ever week. Whether they attribute any of the change to Klopp or the club is another matter. Who knows?
Come on. Villa was just a freak game - we'd won all our games before that game, and then after Villa we went on another 12 game unbeaten run in the league and were top of the table.

The weird thing is that it's all gone to shit since we beat Palace 7-0.
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 04:38 PM   #8301
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvoboy View Post

The weird thing is that it's all gone to shit since we beat Palace 7-0.
Let's go back to that game for clues.

1) Salah was rested / dropped
2) Taki started, scored and looked lively
3) Mane scored and was looking happy without Mo on the pitch
4) Mane gets taken off to much annoyance
5) Mo comes on for Mane, not much happiness on Manes face, Mo goes on to score 2 goals.
6) Taki doesn't start another game and doesn't even get on for 4 games.

The taki situation is bizarre. Very strange management of the lad. He's now scored 2 good goals for Southampton. It's obvious to me that Mane and Mo aren't best buddies which is fine. Sheringham and Cole hated each other but it didn't effect on pitch efforts. Mane and Mo don't play for each other anymore.
Old 21-02-21, 05:08 PM   #8302
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

5) Mo comes on for Mane, not much happiness on Manes face, Mo goes on to score 2 goals.

The taki situation is bizarre. Very strange management of the lad. He's now scored 2 good goals for Southampton. It's obvious to me that Mane and Mo aren't best buddies which is fine. Sheringham and Cole hated each other but it didn't effect on pitch efforts. Mane and Mo don't play for each other anymore.

If, and it is an if, there is a big dislike between Mo and Mane, then Mane is the one that needs to start upping his own numbers and quality of play, because Mo seems to be able to rack up the goals season after season whether the team is playing well or not.

After reading your post and before making my reply, I brought up the list of games so far in the league and first did the results minus the goals Salah scored and then did it without Mane's goals. Was curious as to haow many result changing goals both had for us this season.

Right now we are on 40 points.

Without Mane's goals we would be on 36 points. so his goals this season are worth a four point swing.

Without Salah we would be on 29 points, a swing of a whopping 11 points.

Salah has quite the knack for getting the first goal or deciding goal(s) in games.

So if any of our players have an issue with him, they best start making their contribution to the team more valuable than that of Salah.
Old 21-02-21, 05:08 PM   #8303
Bloodraven
Fagan

Quote:

Palace could have been two or three up before we clicked in to gear. We've been a bit shite for 12 months now.

Players slowed down once the title was in sight and have lost their edge, injuries or not, the teams we've been fielding have been better than the shite we've lost to recently.
Bloodraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 05:10 PM   #8304
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinho View Post
For the last two seasons we've had our core players fit, we played superbly and when 1 player was injured we slotted another in place and carried on as normal. Its given us a false impression of our squad depth, this season has given us a wake up call.

The problem is that its difficult to get world class players in as squaddies unless the owners are prepared to invest the sort of money seen at City or Utd. That being said, our squad players should be of adequate quality to beat most sides in the league, but results and performances show they're not.

Bin the lot off after this shower and invest heavily on quality bench warmers for the win!!!
It's mental that guys on such high salaries can't blend in to a system though. Fuck me, if I was earning 1% of the top end I'd run through fire
Old 21-02-21, 05:18 PM   #8305
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
It's mental that guys on such high salaries can't blend in to a system though. Fuck me, if I was earning 1% of the top end I'd run through fire

Would not be questioning it because of their salaries, would be questioning more why some of those who have been at the club a number of years suddenly seem to have no idea as to what our way of playing is, and why they are not the ones that are trying to drag us along.
Old 21-02-21, 05:44 PM   #8306
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:

Jesus H. Christ on a bike!
Old 27-02-21, 02:43 PM   #8307
McDermotX
Paisley

For those expecting a formation change.......forget it !

Old 27-02-21, 03:19 PM   #8308
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

wtf?
Old 28-02-21, 12:28 AM   #8309
spud_gun
Paisley

Mirror suggesting Klopp will take the Germany job and Gerrard will replace Klopp

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rrard-23577524
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 12:39 AM   #8310
S-RED
Dalglish

Bayern manager is a shoe in, Daily Manc not Daily mirror has been for 30 yrs....
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 08:40 AM   #8311
Exiled_red
Paisley

Seems like an easy story to me, and one that will come up continually while Gerrard is in management and not at LFC.
Old 28-02-21, 12:31 PM   #8312
Yozza
Shankly

Hopefully not

It’ll end up like Lampard did

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 04:56 PM   #8313
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Hopefully not

I doubt it. I'm looking forward to day Gerrard takes over. Hopefully it's not for a while yet.
Old 28-02-21, 05:08 PM   #8314
brightred
Befuddled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Hopefully not

Or Souness!!
Old 28-02-21, 06:28 PM   #8315
Ams12
Dalglish

Quote:
I doubt it. I'm looking forward to day Gerrard takes over. Hopefully it's not for a while yet.

Yea me too. I hope it’s at the point he’s had a few more years to show his consistency & gain further learning both domestically and in europe. Once he’s in i’d like him to stay for many many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 06:32 PM   #8316
Jas
Fagan

If he could get a job with a biggish European club after Rangers I think that would be so good for his managerial learning.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 06:34 PM   #8317
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Don't want him any time soon tbh, much too big a risk until he has proven himself at a more competitive level. If he does, then hell yes.
Old 28-02-21, 07:32 PM   #8318
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

If Stevie took over and was a great success it would obviously be the dream but he has an awful lot to loose.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 10:38 PM   #8319
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Don't want him any time soon tbh, much too big a risk until he has proven himself at a more competitive level. If he does, then hell yes.
Not sure where he would go after rangers. Wouldn't be surprised if he left them this summer though. If a team like Southampton were looking for a manager then he'd be linked I reckon. Or maybe even somethibg like Leicester if. Rodgers went somewhere like. Spurs
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 10:43 PM   #8320
Ams12
Dalglish

Yea i agree he needs to have another couple more successful years at Rangers following a soon to be league title. He needs a couple of years at a decent prem side or a championship side, bring them up make them a prem regular. A European team would be good too.

That timeframe means 1 or possibly 2 other LFC managers after Klopp. So who could be a successful replacement for Jurgen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ams12 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC