It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 15-02-21, 05:10 PM   #1
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

RB Leipzig (AWAY) CL Round of 16

Fuuuuuck it. I'll do another match thread.

Tue 16th February 20:00
RB Leipzig v Liverpool FC
The game, which is being played at Puskas Arena in Budapest, kicks off at 8pm GMT and will be broadcast live on BT Sport in the UK.

Here is what Klopp had to say.

Quote:
On how he feels at the moment…
It’s not football the only thing that’s happening; [it might be] for you the only thing that’s happening! But there’s a lot of stuff going around: politics, a lot of private things. Yes, football is the main thing and I’m OK, absolutely OK. We had a training session before, we had a video analysis meeting before – both were really positive. And we are close to flying to Hungary, to Budapest for the first time in my life. So, no, we are absolutely OK and ready to go.

On the mood among the players…
Like you would imagine – so, nobody is ignoring the facts results-wise but my job is now to do, and is what’s really important because we have to keep the good things going – that’s 100 per cent. And if you saw the game against Leicester, if you saw the game against City, these were not two games which you would imagine afterwards we conceded seven and scored two. The games looked, for a majority of the game time, completely different. In our situation in the moment, the things finally go against us because we made individual mistakes. So, yes, we speak about them but that’s how it is with human beings – you make a mistake, not on purpose or whatever, it just happens and how can we avoid them? One time it’s communication and the other time it is just making better offers or all these kind of things. We are always together in these moments, but the performance in the other periods of the game, we have to keep going. We have to play good football to win football games, and that’s what we are working on. The mood of the boys is absolutely OK; we had better moods, you can imagine, but it’s absolutely OK. And we are ready, we are still ready for a real and proper fight.

On the reasons Liverpool have struggled lately…
If you are with us, you see the situation, you follow through all the weeks and months since the season starts – then you can see easily that it’s a summary or mix of different things that happened. It’s now not the time to explain it or whatever, I think you can really see it. Yes, we had not-so-good games and now in the last few games we played absolutely more than [that]. At Manchester United, don’t forget, in the cup – not in the situation we are in and all these kind of things – played there a really good game. Lost it, yes, but performance-wise it was a good performance. Then we played two really good away games. And then we started losing again, but by playing not-bad football. Brighton showed now meanwhile in the period against everybody how good they are and how they play really proper football. Yes, we lost, slightly unlucky, but they were good. The next two games we were really good and were really in the game, we forced ourselves to play confident football. It’s all fine.

In the end, we didn’t get anything because we made individual mistakes. That was not always the case, but now it was about individual mistakes. Before that there were some other reasons and injuries had a big part in it, we cannot ignore that, just because it changed everything. A football team is like building a house – if the foundation is not right then it’s always a little bit shaky and the wind will go through it. I said it before. We cannot change that, but we work with it and on it. That’s what we did all the time. But it’s the Premier League and we are Liverpool and nobody is happy with being fourth and 40 points and only level on points with Everton and all these kind of things. That’s completely fine. I have no problem with that. We have to deal with the situation. We cannot constantly talk about it, we have to sort it. And that’s what we try. I can see that on the pitch, that we work really hard on it. But after the game people talk about the result and [say] ‘they were not good enough in the last two or three weeks’ – we know that but we still have to keep going.

On the banner of support for him placed at Anfield over the weekend and speculation regarding his future…
So, I heard about both. The banner is nice obviously – not necessary, I don’t think. I don’t feel that I need special support in the moment or whatever. But it’s nice, very nice. What was the other thing? That I could leave? That I could get the sack or leave by myself [or take a break]? [Laughs] Neither, nor. I don’t need a break. Look, the last thing I want to do is talk about private things in a press conference, but meanwhile everybody knows – yes, privately, we had an absolutely tougher time but that was not only now for three weeks ago or whatever, that was a much longer time already and we always dealt with it as a family, 100 per cent. And when I came here to the football club, to work, I’m 53, I worked in football for 30 years, as a coach for 20 years, I can split things. I can switch off one thing and the other thing, I don’t carry things around. If I’m private, I’m private. If I’m in football, at the workplace, then I’m here. Of course we are influenced by things that happen around, but nobody has to worry about me or whatever. I am, honestly – I might not look like this because the weather is not cool, I’m white and the beard gets more and more grey, all these kind of things, yes, I don’t sleep a lot, that’s all true and my eyes look [tired], that’s all fine – but I'm full of energy.

Honestly, the situation is a challenge. I don’t want to have the situation but now we are in [it] and now I see it as a challenge, an interesting challenge. I cannot ask a lot of people, nobody wrote a book about how did you come in a situation like that and how did you sort it. But we will sort it. Will we sort it and please everybody while we are doing it? Could be tricky. But sorting it by playing football, sorting it by sticking even more together, sorting it by fighting with all we have, sorting it by learning more than you can learn in each season we played before. Yeah, that’s actually the plan we have.

Strange things happen injury-wise, if somebody comes to me and tells me we have a player with a minor problem I can tell then it’s a centre-half; that’s how it is all the time. It’s unbelievable. Without knowing who it is I would say, ‘OK, centre-half. Who is available in the moment and he has a problem.’ That’s the whole season like this and I don’t know why this happens. How I said, we learned a lot.

But in the moment a lot of people obviously are not happy with the results. I get that. And I am responsible for that, 100 per cent. But we played still some pretty good stuff. You [the media] can forget that, we cannot because that’s the start for changing the things. That you change the situation like we are in with bad football, I never heard about. The result, yes, you need the result but we are Liverpool, we cannot sit back and wait for another team [for] 60 minutes until they come over the halfway line. We have to be dominant, we have to play football and we do that. So, a massive challenge – I’m ready, the boys are ready and we give our absolute everything to sort it.

And thanks for all the support. I don’t read it, I don’t really see it, but people tell me and I’m very, very grateful for these kinds of things. But they can really think about other things because nobody has to worry about me.

On feeling the support from around the world after playing most of the season without fans in the stadium…
Yeah, of course that’s nice. We do this for the people, that will never change. I feel the responsibility so much when the things don’t go well. Really. I don’t want any praise for whatever we are doing. No, it’s all fine. We know we do it for the people. That the majority of our people are still, and maybe even more so, with us is nice to hear, it’s nice to feel, it’s nice. But I would prefer to fight this fight that we are in in the moment with our people in the stadium. Coming into a situation like this, yeah, is not what you wish for. But if you are in [it], you can show real unity and real togetherness. Then if the stadium would be now full for the next 10 games, I would really love to fight together against this. We fight together, obviously, just in different places. Yeah, knowing about the support is great.

On Leipzig coach Nagelsmann and the strengths of the Bundesliga side…
Julian is an extraordinary talent. He’s still young as a coach and he’s already proven virtually everything that you can prove as a manager. He’s talented and he seems young and fresh. But he’s still also very experienced and serious. And he’s got a really varied profile in terms of his teams and the way they play – there’s a lot of variety, a lot of flexibility, he’s always got different ideas, different ways of reacting. He’s got an absolute eye for players, where to play them, how to deal with the players. That’s my impression of him. He’s just an outstanding manager already now and in the future when we are all old he will be even better, I’m sure. When we will have to concentrate on other stuff in our lives, he will still be a major actor in football. This is a promising long career for him as a manager, it’s intensive. We had a chat this week actually and he seemed very relaxed, happy, but also ambitious. Of course we want to beat him tomorrow but I will still definitely keep an eye on his career and I’m absolutely convinced that he will still go places.

On Liverpool’s ambitions in the Champions League…
If you’re in the last 16 of the Champions League, you want to go to the quarter-finals of course – and that’s our plan. It will be difficult, no problem for me. The last 16 means the 16 best teams in Europe and we’re still part of them. And, accordingly, we would like to go for it. What’s cool about football is, no matter what the outcome of the previous match is, you’ve got the same chance for the next match. You have to keep that faith and sometimes you lose faith and need to get faith back. We know how difficult it is against Leipzig; I assume Leipzig know how difficult it is against us. And we’ll just try to make sure that our football, that can still be excellent, wins. It just hasn’t been the results recently and that’s what we’re going to start changing tomorrow night.

Hendo on all things LFC and CL.

Quote:
On how much responsibility the players take for recent form...
Full responsibility. I know the manager tries to protect us as much as possible in the press but as players we know that it's down to us to change the situation that we're in. We take full responsibility on results and performances. So it's down to us to go out there, keep working hard, keep fighting to try and change this tough period that we've been going through over the last few weeks. Hopefully we can do that starting tomorrow.

On whether playing in the Champions League can make a difference...
I think it's a new opportunity and a new challenge with another game. That's what a new game brings. We've got to go out there against a very good side and we've got to be at 100 per cent to even get anything from the game. We know it's a big opportunity for us and we're 100 per cent ready to go and give absolutely everything [over] 90 minutes to get a good result.

On finding stability at centre-back and his own role and position...
It is difficult to find stability with the amount of games. Obviously you don't get many training sessions, so we get short sessions during the week before and after games to try and work on things defensively, offensively like we always do. It's about listening and learning as much as possible and trying to take that into the game. For us it's a difficult time, not only defensively. I think it's the whole game – offensively, defensively, everything – that we need to keep improving on and keep getting better and try and change the run of form we're in right now.

On facing Leipzig...
Leipzig are a very good side, very good players, very good manager. I think the game that sticks out recently was probably the one against United. I think everybody knows that they're a very good team. But for us, yes, we have been going through a tough period but there's still a lot of positives to take from performances over the last week or so – we just need to do it for 90 minutes. If we do that then I've got every confidence in the team that we can get a good result. But we do need to be at 100 per cent if we want to get anything.

On how much the players are hurting from the recent results...
Yeah, it is difficult when we've set standards that we have for a long period of time. To then lose a few games in a short space of time is not normal for us, so it's something we need to adapt to very quickly. Robbo let things get to him a bit on Saturday, but after he knocked out Ali he did calm down a bit and to be honest he wasn't the only one fancying a swing. But I feel as though the lads do give everything every time we train, every time we play – and that's what we need to do and get our heads down to try and get out of this situation that we're in. I feel like once we do come out of it – and hopefully that's sooner rather than later – we'll be a lot stronger as a team for it. I think strength comes from adversity at times and you stick together as a team and get through it. And if we do that then I'm sure we'll be even stronger come the end.

On Thiago Alcantara's impact since joining...
Thiago has been brilliant since he came to the club. I think everybody knows how good a player he is. He's a world-class player and he's been great to have around. Even off the field, he's a really good person, leads by example, gives everything and you can learn a lot from him. I think he's been a fantastic addition to the squad. He'll probably know Leipzig better than anyone, so I'm sure he'll be telling us one or two things over the next 24 hours to help with that. But he's settled in very well, like I knew he would. He's a phenomenal player and hopefully he can just keep improving each time he plays for us and getting used to the way we play as a team.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 15-02-21, 05:13 PM   #2
Pepe79
Shankly

https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=91225
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-21, 05:16 PM   #3
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Thunderdome

Two Threads enter, One thread leaves.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-21, 05:31 PM   #4
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post

That thread is so unremarkable I must have missed it

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 15-02-21, 05:58 PM   #5
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Buzzo likes Maiden so I am on team Buzzo.

Unless Dan is on Team Buzzo, then I am on team S-RED.
Old 15-02-21, 08:20 PM   #6
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

That thread is so unremarkable I must have missed it
hahaha, agreed very understated.
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-21, 08:20 PM   #7
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Buzzo likes Maiden so I am on team Buzzo.

Unless Dan is on Team Buzzo, then I am on team S-RED.
I'm all in on team BUZZO
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-21, 08:54 PM   #8
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Better content over here

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 16-02-21, 12:43 AM   #9
Charly
Dalglish

Ironically, they got into a fight over who won the theoretical fight.
Old 16-02-21, 04:32 AM   #10
SB
Paisley

Shitting myself about this one tbh. I can’t remember the last time I felt so low & underwhelmed about football in general
Old 16-02-21, 09:47 AM   #11
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Normally I'd say this would be a breath of fresh air for the players. A break from the Premier League. Without fans and in a neutral venue I'm not sure that applies quite so much, but hopefully playing a non-Premier league side (with non-Premier League officiating) is just the change we need right now.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 10:54 AM   #12
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Normally I'd say this would be a breath of fresh air for the players. A break from the Premier League. Without fans and in a neutral venue I'm not sure that applies quite so much, but hopefully playing a non-Premier league side (with non-Premier League officiating) is just the change we need right now.
I feel the same. And the biggest boon for the players will be the absence of biased refs on the pitch or in the VAR room. How long has it been since we faced only 11 men?
Old 16-02-21, 11:37 AM   #13
badpiggy
Paisley

Genuinely fearful about what they could do to us. Of course we can still really hurt a team that comes at us so maybe we can hope for a bit of overconfidence and naivety from RBL. Feels like a slim hope though.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had power."
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:59 AM   #14
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

We'll lose again, I can feel it.
Old 16-02-21, 12:24 PM   #15
rudedog
Pig hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
We'll lose again, I can feel it.
That’s the spirit!
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 12:26 PM   #16
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
Genuinely fearful about what they could do to us. Of course we can still really hurt a team that comes at us so maybe we can hope for a bit of overconfidence and naivety from RBL. Feels like a slim hope though.

They are decent enough away from home too, and given where the match is on it is pretty much an away game for both teams.

They have scored 16 and let in 11 from their last ten away games.

Their home form is better as they have scored 18 and let in only 6 from their last ten home games.

Win, lose or draw they tend to score though.

Just looked at their last 20 Bundesliga games (home and away) and they have been kept from scoring only twice (a 1-nil loss and a scoreless draw).

What gives us a better chance than against some teams is that they will attack and they will look to press us and pin us back. So that gives us the potential t have more space to attack them.

But that same style of play also puts us at risk of conceding heavily if we are not on our game and what I do see as a worry is the fact that they are at their strongest in the centre of the pitch where they have pace, strength, mobility and a lot of their goal threat. We have been linked to a few of their midfielders in recent times so will be interesting to get another look at them.

Will also be a test of our pace up front as Mane and Salah will be going up against at least three fast defenders, maybe four depending on whether they go four at the back or three. But all three of their recent choices at CB are fast, and their full back and wing back options are quick too.

In the Bayern Munich bound Up Upamecano you have one of the fastest CBs in the game and he rates in the top two or three fastest players in the Bundesliag for all positions. Think last season he was clocked as having the second fastest sprint speed in the league, faster than pretty much every attacking player.

Their other defenders are no slouches either. Klostermann, Konate, Mukiele, Orban and Angelino are all quick. The latter being a big source of both goals and assists.

Another thing they have is that they are a big team across that back line. A lot of agile mobile six footers. Think Angelino is the only senior defender they have under six foot.

Up front is probably where they are at their "weakest" but they still have some good fast players there and as they tend to spread the goals around the entire team they are not relient on their forwards. Case in point Angelino at LB being their second top scorer.

Another sign of how well they spread the goals about is shown in how we have only 7 players who have scored two or more goals this season (in all comps), they have 12 that have done so.

The game in which they lost 5 nil away to the Mancs is a real outlier though. It is the only big loss they suffered this season in any comp, and their next biggest defeat was a 3-1 loss at home to Dortmund.

Their other three losses in all comps were all by a single goal. Just digging into their form and stats as I type this lol.

Despite every bit of form and every stat saying this will be a very tough game for us and that we might run into a lot of trouble againt this team, I have a sneaky gut feeling that there may be another outlier of a result on the cards for Leipzig and that they may come unstuck by a few goals against us.

Of course me having said that we are probably going to get late news of various players not being fit enough to play, and start the tea lady in the centre.
Old 16-02-21, 12:30 PM   #17
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Why the fuck didn't we sign him?
Old 16-02-21, 12:43 PM   #18
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Why the fuck didn't we sign him?

Who?
Old 16-02-21, 12:49 PM   #19
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Who?
Upemacano
Old 16-02-21, 12:54 PM   #20
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Upemacano
Was no chance of them selling him to us before the season ended. Same with any of their other defenders tbh. Cannot blame them either tbh given they were playing us next in the CL.

Think in a year or two he will look a bargain buy for Bayern though and he and Sule will make for a very good pairing.

You sort of forget with Upamecano that he is only 22 and that he is younger than Joe Gomez and is younger than Nat Philips. Once he gets another year or two of experience under his belt he could be a right beast of a CB and still only be 24.
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 16-02-21, 12:54 PM   #21
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Upemacano
Eh....he's allowed to move where he wants?
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 01:12 PM   #22
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Hard to get motivated for this tbh.

It's not even our form.

The tournament is a farce with the pandemic. Neutral venues, away goals counting, no fans.

The media won't say it because it effects their brand but its just not the same.
Old 16-02-21, 01:14 PM   #23
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler View Post

It's not even our form.

The tournament is a farce with the pandemic. Neutral venues, away goals counting, no fans.

The media won't say it because it effects their brand but its just not the same.
Feel the same, although our form thrown in too. Completely had the stuffing knocked out of me in that regard, and it's a farce of a season anyway.
Old 16-02-21, 01:16 PM   #24
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Eh....he's allowed to move where he wants?
Old 16-02-21, 01:39 PM   #25
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler View Post

It's not even our form.

Old 16-02-21, 01:52 PM   #26
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Feel the same, although our form thrown in too. Completely had the stuffing knocked out of me in that regard, and it's a farce of a season anyway.

We take an early lead and I bet that all goes out the window.

This is our sort of game.

Stats say we should lose. Form says we should lose. Our injury list says we should lose.

So Liverpool logic dictates we will probably win the game
Old 16-02-21, 02:06 PM   #27
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Oh no doubt I'll be going nuts if we score a meaningful goal
Old 16-02-21, 02:17 PM   #28
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

When not if, Brother Shaggy.
Old 16-02-21, 02:30 PM   #29
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

The last Champions League game where we all felt this negative was the Barca 2nd leg and that didn't go too bad.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 02:37 PM   #30
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
The last Champions League game where we all felt this negative was the Barca 2nd leg and that didn't go too bad.

Yep and we started that game three down. Tonight we start the game on equal footing. Easy peasy
Old 16-02-21, 02:42 PM   #31
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What are we thinking team wise? I cant see us going with anything other then Hendo and Kabak at the back.

We need legs in midfield though, so I would start with Ox. Thiago, Gini, Jones is a very slow midfield.

------------------------------------Becker------------------------------------------
Trent---------------Kabak-----------------------Hendo---------------------Robbo
-------------------------------------Gini--------------------------------------------
--------------------Thiago-------------------------Ox------------------------------
------------------------------------Bobby------------------------------------------
Mo----------------------------------------------------------------------------Sadio

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 16-02-21, 02:44 PM   #32
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
What are we thinking team wise? I cant see us going with anything other then Hendo and Kabak at the back.

We need legs in midfield though, so I would start with Ox. Thiago, Gini, Jones is a very slow midfield.

------------------------------------Becker------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Gini--------------------------------------------
--------------------Thiago-------------------------Ox------------------------------
------------------------------------Bobby------------------------------------------
Mo----------------------------------------------------------------------------Sadio
...he tends to favour Shaq over Ox at the moment, but agree that he won't risk both new CBs playing and moving Hendo forward. Now Kabak is in, he needs playing time, so can't see Davies getting a sniff ahead of him.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 02:45 PM   #33
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
...he tends to favour Shaq over Ox at the moment, but agree that he won't risk both new CBs playing and moving Hendo forward. Now Kabak is in, he needs playing time, so can't see Davies getting a sniff ahead of him.
Shaq is a player who always seems on the periphery. I want to see Ox get some game time, we need to stop playing the same team every week when we are in bad form.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 16-02-21, 03:06 PM   #34
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

I think Klopp will go with this assuming Fab and Milner do not pass their late fitness tests.

------------------------------------Alisson----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Thiago------------------------------------------
--------------------Gini-------------------------Shaq------------------------------

Midfield is going to be really busy as RBL are really strong in that department, and I think the team I would go with would be one gambling that a strong midfield covers up the weakened back line rather than playing a weakened backline and an under strength midfield against a team that attacks more their midfield and left back than anywhere else on the pitch.

Now if Fab passed his fitness test, then he would be straight back into the team for me too.

------------------------------------Alisson------------------------------------------
Trent---------------Kabak-----------------------Philips/Davies--------------Robbo
----------------------------------Hendo------------------------------------------
--------------------Gini-------------------------Thiago------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mo--------------------------------Firmino-------------------------------Mane

One thing I am fairly sure of is that a sitting back and inviting them onto us type strategy is not the way to go.

We need Trent to really be on his defensive game tonight as Angelino will be motoring up and down that flank all night from the LB slot and he is proving to be a serious goal and assist threat for them.

Nkunku and Sabitzer are going to be full of running and attacking intent in the middle and most likely Adams will be there as well if Olmo goes wide but he might go into the AM slot inside of a wide slot.

Hard to know what team they will put out though as they have made loads of changes the past few games and seem to be able to have players change position effectively with ease.

Do think that Nagelsmann has built a very Klopp like team with players that work very well as a unit with many of them capable of playing in a number of positions without losing much if anything from their game. Will be very interesting to see how his career goes but mad to think he is only 33 years of age and has already managed over 200 club games between his times at Hoffenheim and RBL.
Old 16-02-21, 03:33 PM   #35
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Was no chance of them selling him to us before the season ended. Same with any of their other defenders tbh. Cannot blame them either tbh given they were playing us next in the CL.
They’re also challenging Bayern for the the bundesliga- so you’d think they wouldn’t want to sell their best players to them... or at the very least, wait til the summer until ye do the business and announce it... they’re a joke of a club in a joke league... hope we fuckin smash them, and lay down a CL marker
Old 16-02-21, 03:37 PM   #36
Montana
Dalglish

Has Fabinho travelled? I thought he was out of this completely
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 03:40 PM   #37
Montana
Dalglish

If we start well and get that crucial first goal, I can see an Atalanta type game where we score a hatful but will surely concede one or two too.

Mane is due a big performance and he normally delivers in big away European games
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 03:41 PM   #38
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I think Klopp will go with this assuming Fab and Milner do not pass their late fitness tests.

------------------------------------Alisson----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Thiago------------------------------------------
--------------------Gini-------------------------Shaq------------------------------

Midfield is going to be really busy as RBL are really strong in that department, and I think the team I would go with would be one gambling that a strong midfield covers up the weakened back line rather than playing a weakened backline and an under strength midfield against a team that attacks more their midfield and left back than anywhere else on the pitch.

Now if Fab passed his fitness test, then he would be straight back into the team for me too.

------------------------------------Alisson------------------------------------------
Trent---------------Kabak-----------------------Philips/Davies--------------Robbo
----------------------------------Hendo------------------------------------------
--------------------Gini-------------------------Thiago------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mo--------------------------------Firmino-------------------------------Mane

One thing I am fairly sure of is that a sitting back and inviting them onto us type strategy is not the way to go.

We need Trent to really be on his defensive game tonight as Angelino will be motoring up and down that flank all night from the LB slot and he is proving to be a serious goal and assist threat for them.

Nkunku and Sabitzer are going to be full of running and attacking intent in the middle and most likely Adams will be there as well if Olmo goes wide but he might go into the AM slot inside of a wide slot.

Hard to know what team they will put out though as they have made loads of changes the past few games and seem to be able to have players change position effectively with ease.

Do think that Nagelsmann has built a very Klopp like team with players that work very well as a unit with many of them capable of playing in a number of positions without losing much if anything from their game. Will be very interesting to see how his career goes but mad to think he is only 33 years of age and has already managed over 200 club games between his times at Hoffenheim and RBL.
Is Davies fit? I thought he was injured at the weekend, is he back and travelled?
Old 16-02-21, 03:50 PM   #39
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Liverpool will need to check on the latest condition of James Milner (hamstring) and Fabinho (muscle), but both players were absent from the team training session that preceded their flight to Budapest.

Ben Davies, Divock Origi and Caoimhin Kelleher did participate in the workout, however, having missed Saturday's fixture at Leicester City with respective knocks.

Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip remain, of course, long-term absentees, while Diogo Jota is not yet ready to restart team training.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Old 16-02-21, 03:57 PM   #40
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Is Davies fit? I thought he was injured at the weekend, is he back and travelled?

He travelled afaik and am guessing he is fit.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC