It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 16-02-21, 11:35 PM   #281
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
It wasnít him, it was Mukiele
Was it? Haha!

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:44 PM   #282
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Skills View Post
Was it? Haha!

Yep. Made me laugh a few times as Mukiele made a number of big errors in the game and people in the thread kept saying Upamecano was crap. If only players had names on the back of their shirts and big numbers

For the Mane goal it was Mukiele that messed up and Upamecano was the guy trying to make up the ground to catch Mane after Mukiele cocked up.

Great result tonight though against a good team. Not a single bad performance from any of our starting XI and went toe to toe in a very fast paced game.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:49 PM   #283
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Yep. Made me laugh a few times as Mukiele made a number of big errors in the game and people in the thread kept saying Upamecano was crap. If only players had names on the back of their shirts and big numbers

For the Mane goal it was Mukiele that messed up and Upamecano was the guy trying to make up the ground to catch Mane after Mukiele cocked up.

Great result tonight though against a good team. Not a single bad performance from any of our starting XI and went toe to toe in a very fast paced game.
Pretty sure BT also screwed it up

Even though the performance was decent, I wasn't too encouraged. We still coughed up several decent chances and they basically donated both goals, especially the second. Controlling the possession hasn't been a problem recently, although we did threaten a little in the first half at least.

Oh well, we won, hope it's a step in the right direction moving forward.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-21, 11:51 PM   #284
McDermotX
Paisley

To be fair Upamecano had a terrible game with the ball at his feet, with the huge majority of their self inflicted errors directly related to errors in his passing.....which certainly aligns with his 70 odd percent pass success. He wasn't alone at the back for them by any means in that regard, but he stuck out like a sore thumb. Made enough defensive clearances in the second half to show he has talent FWIW.
Mukiele was having enough issues with Mane....especially in the first half, so it was no surprise to see him make a balls up for Mane's goal.
Old 16-02-21, 11:52 PM   #285
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post

Even though the performance was decent, I wasn't too encouraged. We still coughed up several decent chances and they basically donated both goals, especially the second. Controlling the possession hasn't been a problem recently, although we did threaten a little in the first half at least.

Oh well, we won, hope it's a step in the right direction moving forward.
Yep and so did RTE.

Time after time when Mukiele did something wrong they said Upamecano and when there was a replay they still did not correct it.

Worse still was RTE calling Salah Mane more than once along with calling a couple players Jones.
Old 17-02-21, 12:00 AM   #286
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Yep and so did RTE.

Time after time when Mukiele did something wrong they said Upamecano and when there was a replay they still did not correct it.

Worse still was RTE calling Salah Mane more than once along with calling a couple players Jones.
Even Owen, Lineker and Ferdinand lambasted him for it on the analysis after which is pretty funny considering there were clips with both players fucking up.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 12:02 AM   #287
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
McManaman did but the commentator corrected him.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 07:32 AM   #288
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Feel a bit sorry for them today if we end up getting the home leg at Anfield. Must've pleased to our advantage being at a neutral ground
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 09:22 AM   #289
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
To be fair Upamecano had a terrible game with the ball at his feet, with the huge majority of their self inflicted errors directly related to errors in his passing.....which certainly aligns with his 70 odd percent pass success. He wasn't alone at the back for them by any means in that regard, but he stuck out like a sore thumb. Made enough defensive clearances in the second half to show he has talent FWIW.
Mukiele was having enough issues with Mane....especially in the first half, so it was no surprise to see him make a balls up for Mane's goal.
Mukiele, Upamecano and Klostemebag were atrocious. 3 big lumps who cannot kick a ball. Upamecano was dire in possession even if it wasn't his fault for Mane's goal, panicked every time he got the ball. The reason he was highlighted out of the back line was because Bayern just lumped 50m for him and he looked like a giant bag of poop. Best defence in Germany right there which is baffling. Their open style suited us down to the ground though, they do press well but we were very good in possession I thought.

Vs United Upamecano looked an absolute mess too. Bayern will dominate the league so he ll be grand there.

Last edited by danperkins; 17-02-21 at 09:28 AM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 09:27 AM   #290
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

They were forced into mistakes due to our excellent counter press last night.
Old 17-02-21, 09:42 AM   #291
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

That was defo a factor and apparent from the outset. Strange how we were able to turn it back on like it was 2019-20 all of a sudden. We’ve seemed to lack the energy and purpose prior.
Old 17-02-21, 10:05 AM   #292
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
They were forced into mistakes due to our excellent counter press last night.

Crowdfund

Vlog
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 10:06 AM   #293
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Nice to win and a great result but Leipzig were pretty naive I thought. They must have thought that they could beat us playing their style of footy which suited us.

Last night wasnít an indicator of how weíll perform against a team with 9 men behind the ball, sitting deep.

Curtis Jones is turning into the main highlight of the season, so good for someone so young.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 10:30 AM   #294
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Mukiele, Upamecano and Klostemebag were atrocious. 3 big lumps who cannot kick a ball. Upamecano was dire in possession even if it wasn't his fault for Mane's goal, panicked every time he got the ball. The reason he was highlighted out of the back line was because Bayern just lumped 50m for him and he looked like a giant bag of poop. Best defence in Germany right there which is baffling. Their open style suited us down to the ground though, they do press well but we were very good in possession I thought.

Vs United Upamecano looked an absolute mess too. Bayern will dominate the league so he ll be grand there.
Classic Nagelsmann overthinking last night - Mukiele normally plays as a RWB or RB but he plays him as the RCB to manage Mane and it failed. I was surprised Orban didn’t play and Konate recovering from injury.

Upemecano needs a footballing CB with him - he is best at attacking and winning the ball. He has the physical attributes to make it and better on the ball than he showed last night but our forwards pressed hard and our midfield was super compact and made it difficult to find an easy out. I watched on Irish tv and you could hear Klopp marshalling the tram from the sideline.

Klostermann - same as Mukiele.......better as wing back or full back. We made him look bad
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 10:46 AM   #295
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
That was defo a factor and apparent from the outset. Strange how we were able to turn it back on like it was 2019-20 all of a sudden. Weíve seemed to lack the energy and purpose prior.

Did the press really well against Leicester. Also vs Spurs and West Ham. When teams sit deep there is no need for counter pressing that much so itís just a case of us keeping the patience and intensity. The way to play against us is to basically lull us into boring the shit of ourselves trying to find space in a penalty area with 10 players in it. But we usually find 1 occasion and we win. This year we havenít had that cutting edge in front of goal.
Old 17-02-21, 10:55 AM   #296
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Nice to win and a great result but Leipzig were pretty naive I thought. They must have thought that they could beat us playing their style of footy which suited us.

Last night wasnít an indicator of how weíll perform against a team with 9 men behind the ball, sitting deep.

Curtis Jones is turning into the main highlight of the season, so good for someone so young.

That has been a highlight. As hard as this season has been, him coming out the other side will benefit him (and LFC) in the long term.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 11:50 AM   #297
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post

Thought Bayren announced it was 38m euro for him not 50? So close to the price of a Chamberlain.
You look at a lot of our star players this season and you could pick runs of games where people who do not follow us would be asking what the fuss was about our players.

Trent has looked poor for sustained runs of games, Wijnaldum has, Firmino has and so on. So based on a few bad games should we accept that our star names are a bit shit too and ignore good runs of form from past games?

VVD looked shit when Villa put 7 past us and he is probably the best CB in the game for a few seasons now.

You also have to judge RBL for what they are. They are a good team, a team with a lot of good players, but when they come up against a Liverpool, a Bayern, a Dortmund, or even the Mancs, they are always going to be the second favourites, although in a competitive way, in those games and you would expect the bigger teams to generally fare better.
Old 17-02-21, 12:20 PM   #298
SB
Paisley

Very pleased with the result as I’d been bricking it in the lead up & expected a loss on the road. Kabak seemed right at home playing German opposition as I’d expect & I hope he does well this weekend & avoids the horror tackles that are sure to be flying in.
Old 17-02-21, 12:26 PM   #299
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Very pleased with the result as Iíd been bricking it in the lead up & expected a loss on the road. Kabak seemed right at home playing German opposition as Iíd expect & I hope he does well this weekend & avoids the horror tackles that are sure to be flying in.

Probably felt nice for him to be on the winning side against RBL too. Think he was part of the back line that shipped five against them the last time he played them.
Old 18-02-21, 04:06 AM   #300
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

I think Kabak will be right up for a scrap with Richarlison!
Old 18-02-21, 08:37 AM   #301
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I think Kabak will be right up for a scrap with Richarlison!
Let's hope so. I'd fucking snap him if I was playing, someone needs to drop him quickly in that game.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-21, 09:20 AM   #302
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

They'll target Thiago and try and get him booked early
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-21, 12:03 PM   #303
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Probably felt nice for him to be on the winning side against RBL too. Think he was part of the back line that shipped five against them the last time he played them.
I was praying for a clean sheet towards the end there as itíll do wonders for the confidence on players like Kabak.
Old 18-02-21, 12:32 PM   #304
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post

Think they will target him and one or two others again but it will be the usual cynical fouling by those mutts.

I think Kabak and maybe Jones will be the ones they focus on with some early dives.

Kabak to try to win frees or a peno and Jones to break up moves in their half of the pitch as Jones tends to be the most advanced of our midfielders when he plays.

Basing this on some of oour other games against them since Carlo became manager. They would have a lot of dives against Bobby when we had the ball and a lot of flopping to the ground aganst Gomez and Fabinho when close to the edge of our box.
Old 18-02-21, 12:34 PM   #305
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
I was praying for a clean sheet towards the end there as itíll do wonders for the confidence on players like Kabak.

If playing for Schalke this season did not ruin his confidence then nothing will.
Old 18-02-21, 12:42 PM   #306
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Let's be honest they don't need to target him, he'll go looking for a card all by himself.
Old 18-02-21, 12:44 PM   #307
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Let's be honest they don't need to target him, he'll go looking for a card all by himself.

Not dissimilar to how Fabinho was when he first started to get starts in the team.
Old 18-02-21, 01:06 PM   #308
SB
Paisley

Quote:
If playing for Schalke this season did not ruin his confidence then nothing will.
Heís with the Champions now though so he must figure heís done something right
Old 18-02-21, 01:49 PM   #309
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC