It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 12-05-19, 05:29 PM   #1
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Do you use complimentary terms when talking about City?

Seen comments like...

"fair play to them"

"amazing team"

"they're incredible"

Considering how much they've cheated ffp, the tactical fouls, the fact almost every single team bends over for them, I genuinely don't understand any Lfc fan having anything positive to say about them.

Call it bitterness if you want, but we've earned our position, not cheated rules to buy it.
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 12-05-19, 05:47 PM   #2
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Certainly wouldn't say 'fair play to them' as I think they're dodgy as fuck, but that doesn't necessitate being so embittered I need to pretend that Guardiola and those players are anything other than an incredible team.

Nobody knows what a fair game looks like because we're so fucking far from it and have been for ages. However, it's clear the filthy money and dodgy ways of Chelsea and City have corrupted the game enormously. That stinks. Many of us have complained about this for years, rightly so. If however people suddenly pipe up about it now we've been pipped to the league, they shouldn't be surprised if other fans think they're just sore losers regardless of whether they have a fair point.

We should take it on the chin. Congratulate them, and be good sports. Then win the cup they wanted most, do everything we can to destroy them next season, and all the while lobby for an end to the head start their filthy lucre and corrosive practices allows them and others.
Old 12-05-19, 06:16 PM   #3
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
Certainly wouldn't say 'fair play to them' as I think they're dodgy as fuck, but that doesn't necessitate being so embittered I need to pretend that Guardiola and those players are anything other than an incredible team.

Nobody knows what a fair game looks like because we're so fucking far from it and have been for ages. However, it's clear the filthy money and dodgy ways of Chelsea and City have corrupted the game enormously. That stinks. Many of us have complained about this for years, rightly so. If however people suddenly pipe up about it now we've been pipped to the league, they shouldn't be surprised if other fans think they're just sore losers regardless of whether they have a fair point.

We should take it on the chin. Congratulate them, and be good sports. Then win the cup they wanted most, do everything we can to destroy them next season, and all the while lobby for an end to the head start their filthy lucre and corrosive practices allows them and others.
Old 12-05-19, 06:29 PM   #4
Cormack74
Shankly

I can't quite get over them being a winning team these days. Somewhere in my head they're perennially struggling against relegation or suffering from it.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 06:45 PM   #5
fidget
Shankly

Feed the goat
fidget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 06:47 PM   #6
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Never i always use words like corrupt,violating and plastic
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 07:10 PM   #7
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:

Old 12-05-19, 08:17 PM   #8
S-RED
Dalglish

the fact that Mahrez started today @ 60mil having been a bit part player shows how warped & corrupt the league is; yes people wll point to becker, VVD, Fab, salah being huge signings, but these cunts have 2 in every position at that sort of fee, so how the fuck can anyone compete. When they penny drops with those in charge & no-one is interested in the prem league due to$$$$$$$$ it will be too late i fear
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:25 PM   #9
baitman
Daddy day care

We saw what a bunch of wankstain cheats barca were and pepe has instilled this ethic into city.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:37 PM   #10
Zapater
Dalglish

I do, not because I have any good feeling towards them, but because I find it a pointless exercise as a football fan to get involved with such matters. We can't do anything about it, we can't see their books etc. Also because if we had won, we wouldn't be saying any of it. It just makes us look like sore losers. And we shouldn't be, we're a great fucking team. No complaints, no excuses, worry about what's in our control. Results on the pitch are the only thing which matters.

I don't care about tactical fouls. Every team does it, if they're better at it than anyone else, good for them.
Zapater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:58 PM   #11
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 09:11 PM   #12
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

No

They're a bunch of cheating cunts that have done everything to get around FFP and cook their books. They deserve nothing but contempt and everything they win is hollow.

I have more respect for clubs like United who habe built their success and earned it just like us. City would still be a nothing club without their oil money so Fuck them, their fans, their bulb headed drug cheating cunt of a manager and their Kryton looking block headed captain.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 09:27 PM   #13
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
I do, not because I have any good feeling towards them, but because I find it a pointless exercise as a football fan to get involved with such matters. We can't do anything about it, we can't see their books etc. Also because if we had won, we wouldn't be saying any of it. It just makes us look like sore losers. And we shouldn't be, we're a great fucking team. No complaints, no excuses, worry about what's in our control. Results on the pitch are the only thing which matters.

I don't care about tactical fouls. Every team does it, if they're better at it than anyone else, good for them.
Totally agree, we've known for ages about their spending power and almost certain creative accountancy / breaching of financial fair play. There is not much could do it just comes across as sour grapes.

If it bothers anyone that much just be careful with you wording and how you acknowledge it. For example they are a great team, there is no denying that, if you don't feel what they have done is fair or within the spirit of the game, just don't use phrases like '' fair play to them'' etc

I agree about the tactical fouls everyone does them, maybe they do them more than most who knows but I don't think we can complain too much.

We went into the season knowing what to expect of City and they did as expected, it' s a remarkable achievement to have run them as close as we did. Let's go on and win the CL and come back next season stronger and more determined.
Old 12-05-19, 09:29 PM   #14
rodo
Shankly

cant stand the shower of cunts cant bare the cunt that is known as "pep" proper emperors new clothes them fuckers so in a word no
Old 12-05-19, 10:44 PM   #15
dom9
Ant Pisser

Good word
Old 12-05-19, 10:47 PM   #16
dom9
Ant Pisser

The last one, that is.
Old 13-05-19, 06:04 AM   #17
vlahka
Still sulking...

Cheating cunts is also my favourite term.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 08:59 AM   #18
Fuzzy
Fagan

'Rotten anal fissures' is as complimentary as I get.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 11:13 AM   #19
The_weatherman
Smug

They have been incredibly amazing at getting around FFP rules without any sanctions.
Old 13-05-19, 11:38 AM   #20
Venton
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Totally agree, we've known for ages about their spending power and almost certain creative accountancy / breaching of financial fair play. There is not much could do it just comes across as sour grapes.

If it bothers anyone that much just be careful with you wording and how you acknowledge it. For example they are a great team, there is no denying that, if you don't feel what they have done is fair or within the spirit of the game, just don't use phrases like '' fair play to them'' etc

I agree about the tactical fouls everyone does them, maybe they do them more than most who knows but I don't think we can complain too much.

We went into the season knowing what to expect of City and they did as expected, it' s a remarkable achievement to have run them as close as we did. Let's go on and win the CL and come back next season stronger and more determined.
Pretty much my thoughts too
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 13-05-19, 02:37 PM   #21
Les Zeffelin
Benitez

Complimentary? Let me see, I'm pretty sure I've said fuck City on more than one occasion. Does that count?

est1892 > Football > General Football