It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 04-02-19, 12:00 PM   #761
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
FFS out for the rest of the season
No timescale will be placed on an expected return date for Gomez, though itís likely he will feature again this season.
Old 04-02-19, 12:09 PM   #762
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
No timescale will be placed on an expected return date for Gomez, though itís likely he will feature again this season.
Looks like I mis-read it

Better news than I though but it still suggests he will be out for a while.
Old 04-02-19, 12:14 PM   #763
The_weatherman
Smug

FFS, I think we should play Ki-Jana at right back against West Ham. We need that kid up to speed fast IMO.
Old 04-02-19, 12:21 PM   #764
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
FFS, I think we should play Ki-Jana at right back against West Ham. We need that kid up to speed fast IMO.
I think playing him in a big game when we're chasing for the title is putting way too much pressure on him too soon.

I doubt he'll play again for us this season.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 12:50 PM   #765
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Didn't expect to see Gomez this season to be honest and maybe best if he writes this one off and concentrates on getting better, long career ahead of him but yeah we have been so much better with him beside Virgil.

I think the constant chopping and changing is a big reason why the defence has looked shakey of late, that and more pressure obviously. Trent out has thrown a spanner in teh works, i'm really hoping he is back fit soon as the balance has looked way off without him.
Old 04-02-19, 12:59 PM   #766
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

It's a killer blow. It really is.

With Joe back and fit for the rest of the season I really felt the title was ours. Him and Virgil were just that good together.

Without him we need to find another partnership that works and stick with it. That's not easy when both Matip and Lovren seem to always pick up little injuries too.

We need to start picking up clean sheets again but it's really difficult when you have an ever changing back 4.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 01:24 PM   #767
Patricks_Berger
Benitez

Ridiculous the club have let Clyne leave and brought no one in when they knew this was on the cards.
Patricks_Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 01:30 PM   #768
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Didn't expect to see Gomez this season to be honest and maybe best if he writes this one off and concentrates on getting better, long career ahead of him but yeah we have been so much better with him beside Virgil.

I think the constant chopping and changing is a big reason why the defence has looked shakey of late, that and more pressure obviously. Trent out has thrown a spanner in teh works, i'm really hoping he is back fit soon as the balance has looked way off without him.

Think as big an issue in terms of continuity in our play is how we are having to take from the midfield to bolster the back line.

But thankfully we are still picking up points despite the chopping and changing whereas in seasons gone by I suspect the same level of change would have seen wins becomes draws and draws become losses.
Old 04-02-19, 01:40 PM   #769
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Think as big an issue in terms of continuity in our play is how we are having to take from the midfield to bolster the back line.

But thankfully we are still picking up points despite the chopping and changing whereas in seasons gone by I suspect the same level of change would have seen wins becomes draws and draws become losses.
We looked better when Fabinho came on V Leicester

To me at present hes a must start in midfield especially whilst we have a short age at the back
Old 04-02-19, 01:45 PM   #770
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post

Agree with Lec too, Fab has to start in midfield there is a marked difference in speed of pass and calmness in possession when he plays, the other lads are workers whereas he has a bit of class. At least Milner is an option there now. Just matter of getting Trent and Lovren back fit and hope that Virgil and Matip stay fit. As for letting Clyne leave.... well that was just plain stupid, baffled me at the time as it did many on here and it has come back to haunt us.

Last edited by danperkins; 04-02-19 at 01:59 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 01:45 PM   #771
Fuzzy
Fagan

Fuzzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 01:53 PM   #772
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I think playing him in a big game when we're chasing for the title is putting way too much pressure on him too soon.

I doubt he'll play again for us this season.
Normally I'd agree, but I like him at CB against Wolves and full back might be a better position to learn, I'd rather have Fabinho in midfield, although there is Milner of course, but he's not pulling up any trees at right back either.
Old 04-02-19, 01:55 PM   #773
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
We looked better when Fabinho came on V Leicester

To me at present hes a must start in midfield especially whilst we have a short age at the back

We did look better with him in midfield, and for me he would be a starter as well.

But that is pretty much my point, if we are getting to a stage where we are looking at Fabinho to cover at the back then we are weaker in the centre which in turn means more pressure being placed on the makeshift back line.

We are sort of of ending up with a chopped and changed midfield as well a the back line at present. My own logic would be if the back line is depleted, then still play the best available midfield in front of it and pad out the back line with whatever cover we have at that point.

At least then we have a strong midfield protecting the somewhat weaker than normal back line.

Would be very happy if Klopp went back to that double pivot set up in midfield that he deployed a few times this season to great effect. Let Fabinho and Wijnaldum be that double pivot with the more advance CM role being done by one from Shaqiri or Keita. Have the usual trio up front and then we have Milner or Henderson to cover the RB slot with Camacho as back up whilst we wait on TAA to return.
Old 04-02-19, 01:58 PM   #774
labourRed
Shankly

We rarely get full info on injuries. It's all a bit odd. Given how long he has been out it's unlikely it was a hairline fracture. This procedure would seem to be a resetting of the bone and if so that's date is extremely optimistic. I can't think of another procedure it could be. In any case i treat any injury news with s degree of scepticism, e.g. We were told TAA could be a few weeks.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 02:00 PM   #775
Maxiedge
Shankly

A little bit of a setback but Lovren and Matip are more than capable understudies. You're not going to find too many defenders of their calibre sitting on benches around Europe.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 02:06 PM   #776
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiedge View Post
A little bit of a setback but Lovren and Matip are more than capable understudies. You're not going to find too many defenders of their calibre sitting on benches around Europe.

When fully fit that is a spot on take, but the issue with those two, for me anyway, is how they, Lovern in particular, can be prone to missing games due to picking up knocks or bugs.

Puts us in a position where resting a CB is difficult if we only have three senior CBs available, and an injury to any of the three then has us down relying on two CBs to avoid any sort of knock, bug or suspension for the rest of the season.
Old 04-02-19, 02:06 PM   #777
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiedge View Post
Thats all true.
But not much use to us if they are almost always in the physio room and not availabe for the bench.

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 02:27 PM   #778
Maxiedge
Shankly

Surely they've had their fill of injuries/treatment room for the season?

I feel like we're coming out of our annual rotten luck phase and should be clear for the rest of the season
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 07:43 PM   #779
labourRed
Shankly

Joe out til April or the middle of it. That gives him a month left of the season but given he's failed to recover already not seeing him again this season wouldn't surprise me.

Lovren is being worked on to be available for Bayern. I think that's optimistic given the titbits we've been fed on that one. Four very good centre backs and only one of them has a solid injury record. Deffo need one punted and maybe two brought in to replace.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 08:50 PM   #780
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

If we're bringing one or two in, then we need one or two out.
Old 27-02-19, 10:13 AM   #781
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

England centre-back Gomez, who has been sidelined since early December, is stepping up his rehabilitation programme outside at Melwood - some three weeks after undergoing surgery on his leg.

The 21-year-old defender will miss the upcoming games against Watford, Everton, Burnley, Bayern Munich and Fulham, but is on course to be available for the visit of Spurs after the international break on March 31.
“I think after the international break Joe should be okay,” Klopp revealed.

If nobody gets injured before then we'll have a proper choice. Joe is doing his rehab and looks good, big steps, outside running and all these things.”
LINK
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-19, 11:21 AM   #782
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Joe Gomez

Fucking excellent!

Matip has been decent admittedly but we were near on impenetrable with Gomez beside VVD.

Along with Ox's return, we should have the necessary steel and thrust to press home our slender advantage.

Old 16-03-19, 02:04 PM   #783
Fuzzy
Fagan

Fuzzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 05:05 PM   #784
baitman
Daddy day care

Ace, just in time to replace matip

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 05:09 PM   #785
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Imagine having Ox and Gomez on the bench against Porto fitness notwithstanding. Maybe they'll be ready to start by the second leg?
Old 20-03-19, 09:24 PM   #786
Irishnev
Shankly

Forgot how good he was so far this season!

Irishnev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-19, 11:17 AM   #787
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Forgot how good he was so far this season!

https://twitter.com/lfcroundup/statu...27410301747201
Watched this while listening to 'Dio - Holy Diver', goes perfectly
Old 21-03-19, 12:16 PM   #788
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post

Old 21-03-19, 03:08 PM   #789
Les Zeffelin
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Oh, I thought that was Mo.
Old 22-03-19, 10:04 AM   #790
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Zeffelin View Post
Oh, I thought that was Mo.
I know I shouldnít encourage you but
Old 26-03-19, 07:27 PM   #791
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-19, 07:38 PM   #792
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Welcome back Joe. You'll have to make do with cleaning big Joel's boots for now.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC