It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 19-01-19, 11:58 PM   #2001
frank the tank
Shankly

I think he will be gone in the summer
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 12:03 AM   #2002
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I think he will be gone in the summer
He was a key player a couple of years ago, but his style of play doesn't really suit us anymore. Maybe it's a result of the injuries, I just don't really see a role for him as a player (at the moment his role just seems to be another body).
Old 20-01-19, 01:43 AM   #2003
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I think he will make a key positive contribution before the season is gone.

I can’t get on board with slating any players this season. No point.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 09:16 AM   #2004
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
I think he will make a key positive contribution before the season is gone.

I canít get on board with slating any players this season. No point.

I can't remember the incident, but I'm sure if I had it wouldn't be my first thought when the final whistle went.

Lallana was on to help keep possession and see out the game, so if anything, I'd guess that was his first thought, not here's a chance for me to show off.

The biggest culprit for selfish play yesterday was Mane, who can count himself very fortunate his final effort went in when Salah was open again (not that I have an issue with selfish/confident attackers, but if he wasted another chance and Place got the equaliser, Klopp wouldn't have been happy).
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 09:22 AM   #2005
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I know which player I'd rather have to rely on
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 09:55 AM   #2006
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
damn right, outstanding goal from Mane too.
Old 20-01-19, 11:15 AM   #2007
RedReet

Quote:
That is not the point at all Norbs, as I'm sure you're very well aware.
Old 20-01-19, 11:20 AM   #2008
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
That is not the point at all Norbs, as I'm sure you're very well aware.
It is in a roundabout way though. Lallana is restricted to cameos and those cameos have been unproductive. He's been virtually pointless.

Why defend Buzzo' s post that said all players should be above critisism this season and in the same breath have a dig at someone, namely Mane? Had Lallana scored that goal after being wssteful then I'd have no cause for complaint at him
Old 20-01-19, 11:29 AM   #2009
RedReet

Quote:
It is in a roundabout way though. Lallana is restricted to cameos and those cameos have been unproductive. He's been virtually pointless.

Why defend Buzzo' s post that said all players should be above critisism this season and in the same breath have a dig at someone, namely Mane? Had Lallana scored that goal after being wssteful then I'd have no cause for complaint at him
I was hardly having a dig at Manť. I said I like my forwards being greedy. I simply highlighted the hypocrisy in how a certain player's small misjudgement is blown out of proportion and bizarrely used as evidence to suggest 'he just doesn't get it' whereas a more popular player blatantly puts himself before the team for a bit of glory (again I've no problem with this) and it's fine.

That's nothing to do with which player is better as you suggested in your subsequent post.
Old 20-01-19, 11:34 AM   #2010
Rigadon
Shankly

Quote:
Fuck.right.off

Defending a slim lead his first thought outside his own area should be to clear it, but oh no it's 'hmm, I think I could execute a lovely Cruyff Mamadou Sakho turn'

He just doesn't get it

Lallana wasn't the reason for a quite indisciplined team performance against Palace. However, I agree that he's no longer good enough, even from the bench. We need better.

Last edited by Rigadon; 20-01-19 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Is 'indisciplined' a word?
Rigadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 11:38 AM   #2011
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Why defend Buzzo' s post that said all players should be above critisism
Just to be clear I didn’t say that (or mean that).

I said I don’t feel inclined to slag off any players in the way some do. I don’t mind the performance criticism but it’s the other stuff that I can’t get on board with. I feel for the players that struggle with injury and then have 5-10 mins game time to make an impact and try and force their way into the team. We have won 11 out of the last 12 games since drawing away at Arsenal, and in some way the entire squad are part of that - on and off the field.

Certain players always seem to get a rough deal whilst others are immune from criticism.

Obviously you can all do and post what you like though eh, it’s a free internet

Last edited by Buzzo; 20-01-19 at 11:41 AM.
Old 20-01-19, 12:20 PM   #2012
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Just to be clear I didnít say that (or mean that).

I said I donít feel inclined to slag off any players in the way some do. I donít mind the performance criticism but itís the other stuff that I canít get on board with. I feel for the players that struggle with injury and then have 5-10 mins game time to make an impact and try and force their way into the team. We have won 11 out of the last 12 games since drawing away at Arsenal, and in some way the entire squad are part of that - on and off the field.

Certain players always seem to get a rough deal whilst others are immune from criticism.

Obviously you can all do and post what you like though eh, itís a free internet
Going round in circles here, but I just don't understand why so many people on here (and presumably they're representative of the wider fan base) seem to be obsessed with slagging certain players off and finding scapegoats at a final whistle when we've got our best league season in history after this many games.

There are so many things to enjoy and yet they're seemingly relishing finding and focusing on the negatives.

It's completely baffling to me.

It's a squad game. We've got our best squad since the 80s. And yet some people seem to be expecting Brazil 1970.
Old 20-01-19, 12:25 PM   #2013
dom9
Ant Pisser

I kinda fear for Keita.

After this summer's upcoming clear out, he's the prime candidate for taking up the scapegoat mantle.
Old 20-01-19, 12:45 PM   #2014
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Going round in circles here, but I just don't understand why so many people on here (and presumably they're representative of the wider fan base) seem to be obsessed with slagging certain players off and finding scapegoats at a final whistle when we've got our best league season in history after this many games.

There are so many things to enjoy and yet they're seemingly relishing finding and focusing on the negatives.

It's a squad game. We've got our best squad since the 80s. And yet some people seem to be expecting Brazil 1970.
Pessimists live longer, its not a bad thing to be wanting to continue improving. I'd hope the manager thinks alomg those lines, what the fanbase think doesn't add up to a hill of beans.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 12:46 PM   #2015
Peter_Griffin
Evans

Quote:

Couldnít agree more. Focus on the positives jeez
Peter_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 12:53 PM   #2016
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Pessimists live longer, its not a bad thing to be wanting to continue improving. I'd hope the manager thinks alomg those lines, what the fanbase think doesn't add up to a hill of beans.
All true but (do pessimists live longer?)...

Seeking improvement and blatantly relishing mistakes and throwing around insults are not the same thing.

Comments on here won't affect the team in any way but they do impact those reading them, which leads to further discussion, the likes of which you're taking part in now.

So dismiss it or not.

I just don't understand the glee in it. And when it gets personal, then it oversteps a line imo.
Old 20-01-19, 12:56 PM   #2017
Nicey
Paisley

Quote:

Seeking improvement and blatantly relishing mistakes and throwing around insults are not the same thing.

Comments on here won't affect the team in any way but they do impact those reading them, which leads to further discussion, the likes of which you're taking part in now.

So dismiss it or not.

I just don't understand the glee in it. And when it gets personal, then it oversteps a line imo.
Quite the opposite, clinical data shows.
Old 20-01-19, 01:06 PM   #2018
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
I was hardly having a dig at Manť. I said I like my forwards being greedy. I simply highlighted the hypocrisy in how a certain player's small misjudgement is blown out of proportion and bizarrely used as evidence to suggest 'he just doesn't get it' whereas a more popular player blatantly puts himself before the team for a bit of glory (again I've no problem with this) and it's fine.

That's nothing to do with which player is better as you suggested in your subsequent post.
Mine wasn't really slagging off Lallana either

He's really frustrating and is clearly able to do the job but is intent on trying to be cleverer. Time he moved on
Old 20-01-19, 01:26 PM   #2019
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:

So dismiss it or not.

Well aye, that'd be strange behaviour I'd agree.

Since football forums and laterally social media there are generally two camps of contributors, negative and positive. That's fine by me. When it steps over the line it should be addressed but i also agree on minimal moderation and i don't tend to get easily offended online, personally. Perhaps that's not true for everyone. Shrugs shoulders.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 07:57 PM   #2020
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

My posts are balanced, seems only the negative ones ever get attention. I doubt I'm alone in that respect
Old 21-01-19, 10:11 AM   #2021
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
My posts are balanced, seems only the negative ones ever get attention. I doubt I'm alone in that respect
This is the main reason why people enjoy being negative on the internet. It gets them more attention.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-19, 10:23 AM   #2022
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
The point wasnít focused on you - more of a general comment and definitely there are other posters who pick on the same players all the time As you say, your posts are typically thought provoking, witty, insightful, engaging, dynamic and topical

As I say, for my part, I am just enjoying everything about the team and feel no negative thoughts towards any player overall, other than the mild annoyance you get during any sporting encounter.
Old 21-01-19, 02:12 PM   #2023
Angryred
Dalglish

Lallana's place in the squad will be taken by Harry Wilson this summer...Southampton can take him back as part of the fee owe to Southampton for VVD.
Old 21-01-19, 04:23 PM   #2024
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
The point wasnít focused on you - more of a general comment and definitely there are other posters who pick on the same players all the time As you say, your posts are typically thought provoking, witty, insightful, engaging, dynamic and topical

As I say, for my part, I am just enjoying everything about the team and feel no negative thoughts towards any player overall, other than the mild annoyance you get during any sporting encounter.
Ha. Fucker
Old 07-02-19, 04:53 AM   #2025
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

Why Lallana seems to get a free pass from the British media and Liverpool fans alike is beyond me. He is utter garbage, he runs around like bambi on ice, he has one trick where he can turn backwards with the ball, he tackles like Boris Johnson, has the shooting power and accuracy of a two year old (literally). He is by far our worst player, we will never win anything with him starting, I would rather play one of the academy lads instead. Can we not call Clyne back and give them Lallana instead?

Last edited by kingfunk; 07-02-19 at 05:04 AM.
kingfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 04:57 AM   #2026
Fernandinho
Where the bloody hell are ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
Why Lallana seems to get a free pass from the British media and Liverpool fans alike is beyond me. He is utter garbage, he runs around like bambi in ice, he has one trick where he can turn backwards with the ball, he tackles like Boris Johnson, has the shooting power and accuracy of a two year old (literally). He is by far our worst player, we will never win anything with him starting, I would rather play one of the academy lads instead. Can we not call Clyne back and give them Lallana instead?
Damn.... I know some of our players can frustrate us but there isn't a lot we can do. Klopp knows better than us and sees them more than us, trust him to make the right decisions and enjoy the ride dude
Old 07-02-19, 09:54 AM   #2027
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfunk View Post
Why Lallana seems to get a free pass from the British media and Liverpool fans alike is beyond me. He is utter garbage, he runs around like bambi on ice, he has one trick where he can turn backwards with the ball, he tackles like Boris Johnson, has the shooting power and accuracy of a two year old (literally). He is by far our worst player, we will never win anything with him starting, I would rather play one of the academy lads instead. Can we not call Clyne back and give them Lallana instead?
He was one of our best players coupe of years ago - injuries have taken their toll & he's fallen off the cliff....

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 12:09 PM   #2028
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Strange thread bump. He barely plays and is absolutely hammered by our fans regularly despite that. He's probably what, about 6th, 7th choice in midfield? Hopefully we move him and Sturridge on in the summer, should free up a big wage for a new signing but a free pass he definitely doesn't get!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 12:13 PM   #2029
Gingawaria
Dalglish

Am I missing something, wasn't it him that essentially set up the goal for Mane on Monday night? Yes, Milner was offside, but it was excellent work from Lallana that created the opportunity.

We have bigger problems than Lallana being our 7th choice midfielder.

JURGEN KLOPP - LIVERPOOL MANAGER

YNWA
Gingawaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 02:44 PM   #2030
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

I'm not a fan of Lallana and think he'll be sold in the summer but I thought he was decent the other night for the majority of the game until his legs went.
Old 18-02-19, 12:23 PM   #2031
baitman
Daddy day care

I had a vivid dream that he signed for everton.

Is it worth putting a fiver on

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-19, 12:50 PM   #2032
frank the tank
Shankly

they could do worse. And I think he was an everton fan as a young fella. Although I don't know why, I thought all of their fans were locals!!

I think that Lallana is a solid player. But I think at this stage of his career, he needs to be playing every week. Or at least most weeks. For LFC, that isn't going to happen. Plus he probably commands too high a wage for a squad player. Plus this summer will be the last one where we will command any sort of fee.

I suspect that we will get someone like Everton, Southampton or West Ham to pay between 10 and 15 million for him. If Bournemouth were in for him, then it's probably close to £37m or thereabouts.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-19, 02:02 PM   #2033
baitman
Daddy day care

got to love Bournemouth

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 03:06 PM   #2034
Tatterdemalion
Shankly

MoM today. Well done lad, he's clearly very keen to contribute.
Old 10-03-19, 03:11 PM   #2035
rudedog
Pig hater

It's like having a new signing!
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 04:52 PM   #2036
BigChief
Paisley

Top, top play. Well done Adam.
Old 10-03-19, 05:03 PM   #2037
Cormack74
Shankly

When he's fit and firing he's terrific. Shame his fitness has been such a problem these past couple of years.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 05:08 PM   #2038
Liverpool
Paisley

Sue Perb
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 05:25 PM   #2039
dom9
Ant Pisser

Old 10-03-19, 06:01 PM   #2040
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

He was fantastic today - did well to last as long as he did too. He could be really important in the run in.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC