It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 20-06-15, 08:06 PM   #41
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Never heard of him.

I wonder if he reads this forum? Lots of people welcoming him so I hope he does.
Dom get the fuck out of here before you start getting involved with another boring conversation this time involving fucking football of all things. Go on scoot.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 20-06-15, 08:08 PM   #42
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Dom get the fuck out of here before you start getting involved with another boring conversation this time involving fucking football of all things. Go on scoot.
Good point. That's the last thing any of us want.
Old 20-06-15, 08:22 PM   #43
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Good point. That's the last thing any of us want.
I was thinking of you mate, I didn't want you letting yourself down again.
Old 20-06-15, 08:29 PM   #44
Tee
El Pistolero

Excited by this signing, reckon he won't go out on loan....
Old 20-06-15, 08:50 PM   #45
Cormack74
Shankly

Foreign sounding name so he's bound to be brilliant.
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-15, 09:06 PM   #46
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Apparently he had genuine offers from - as well as us - Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Bournemouth, and it was Bournemouth he was closest to joining because he loved Eddie Howe and his style of football, what with Gomez being a ball-playing CB. If that's true you can only admire him. Anyway he loved Brendan even more apparently so picked us.
Thats strange. Didnt Agger mention he got fed up with Brendan who wanted him to pass the ball out and not run off with it, refusing to change his style and so decided to leave? Or is ball-playing something different. Like...passing it sideways. Because we totally love to do that one.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-15, 09:08 PM   #47
RichC
Meh

Agger left as he couldn't deal with the physical side of the PL
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-15, 10:01 PM   #48
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Agger left as he couldn't deal with the physical side of the PL
I'm pretty sure it was because of his relationship with Brendan and not being played. Theres quotes on that. Nothing to do with the physical side.
Old 20-06-15, 10:08 PM   #49
RichC
Meh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...e-demands.html
Old 20-06-15, 10:14 PM   #50
RichC
Meh

He did have a pop at Rodgers after he left it seems as well. Admitting he can't cope with the physical side of things was always going to end with him leaving IMO

Shame as I always thought he was a fantastic defender.
Old 20-06-15, 11:39 PM   #51
Yozza
Shankly

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/t...gned-liverpool

Charlton fans seem genuinely gutted to see him go

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-15, 01:14 AM   #52
G
Paisley

Joe cole let us down, Joe Allen is up there too but Joe Fagan was ace so there is hope.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-15, 08:57 AM   #53
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
He did have a pop at Rodgers after he left it seems as well. Admitting he can't cope with the physical side of things was always going to end with him leaving IMO

Shame as I always thought he was a fantastic defender.
I dont fully buy that. I think its one of those polite things to say. Before and after he left he kept saying he wanted to play, felt good, even when he played did well, but Rodgers kept refusing to play him. Then he went and bought Sakho and Agger pretty much decided thats it and confronted Rodgers over it. Thats when he said it was time for him to leave since he wasnt getting used. That quote is somewhere. Either way I was pretty upset when he left. Brilliant player.
Old 21-06-15, 10:45 AM   #54
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Full name Joseph Dave Gomez
Fantastic middle name.
Old 21-06-15, 10:54 AM   #55
Exiled_red
Paisley

Dave Gomez
Old 21-06-15, 11:37 AM   #56
BigChief
Paisley

Alright Dave
Old 21-06-15, 12:26 PM   #57
G
Paisley

Old 21-06-15, 01:04 PM   #58
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Fantastic middle name.
Best name is the world
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 10:27 AM   #59
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Given the #12 shirt, perhaps he isn't set for a loan deal and will be part of the squad this season. Interesting.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 11:57 AM   #60
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Looked impressive yesterday.

Did I read we offered Ilori a new contract? Hard to see how he'll get much of a look in if so.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 15-07-15, 12:03 PM   #61
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post

Did I read we offered Ilori a new contract? Hard to see how he'll get much of a look in if so.
Might be just safeguarding out investment by offering a new contract, if we did like.
Old 15-07-15, 08:59 PM   #62
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post

I cannot see either Ilori or Gomez with the first team next season.

We already have 4 CBs so it is highly likely both will be sent on a season-long loan.
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 09:39 PM   #63
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostar View Post

We already have 4 CBs so it is highly likely both will be sent on a season-long loan.
I have a feeling that brendan will use the europa and capital one cups as reserve competitions - at least the earlier stages - and so the likes of Gomez, wisdom, teixeria, wilson, rossiter will all get game time via these competitions.....

I wish some of these players would back themselves to get a chance.....flanagan would never have got a look in had he went on loan the season before last....he'd probably be somewhere like wigan now!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 09:47 PM   #64
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I have a feeling that brendan will use the europa and capital one cups as reserve competitions - at least the earlier stages

God I hope not, not for the Europa.

I don't mind mixing one or two kids into the senior squad but we have to go all out to win the Europa, it's a place in the Champions League.

Besides that, I really don't think the kids learn much playing together in the Europa. The best way to learn is to play with the best players at the club and that means only one or two of them starting and maybe one or two on the bench but an almost full strength team on the field.

I want to see us smashing teams in the group stage, not struggling.

Then I want to see us go all out to win the thing, not drop out without so much as a whimper like last season.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 09:59 PM   #65
Montana
Fagan

I think Brendan will keep the current fringe players in the squad such as Gomez, Ilori, Wisdom, Teixeira etc rather than loan them out at least until January.

He knows the first half of the season is absolutely crucial for him to keep his job and he'll need a big squad available to cover for injuries, multiple competitions.
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 10:06 PM   #66
Mostar
Chief Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
I have a feeling that brendan will use the europa and capital one cups as reserve competitions - at least the earlier stages - and so the likes of Gomez, wisdom, teixeria, wilson, rossiter will all get game time via these competitions.....

I wish some of these players would back themselves to get a chance.....flanagan would never have got a look in had he went on loan the season before last....he'd probably be somewhere like wigan now!!!
All the players you mentioned imo need to play the regular football in the competitive league to continue with their development and using them sporadically regardless of type of competition (e.g. Europa League, Capital One Cup etc.) imo wouldn't be smart.

Personally I'd like to see them all go on a season-long loan (perhaps not Teixeira) in either low table PL team like Wisdom did last year or to Championship league like Teixeira or Gomez did a year ago.
Member #1 of the Luis Suarez fan club
Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 10:59 PM   #67
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
All the players you mentioned imo need to play the regular football in the competitive league to continue with their development and using them sporadically regardless of type of competition (e.g. Europa League, Capital One Cup etc.) imo wouldn't be smart.

Personally I'd like to see them all go on a season-long loan (perhaps not Teixeira) in either low table PL team like Wisdom did last year or to Championship league like Teixeira or Gomez did a year ago.
IMO we only have enough opportunities in the squad for one of Wisdom, Ilori and Gomez, we need to decide which one is closest to making it with us and let the other two go on loan to PL clubs for experience, presumably Gomez is earliest in his development so him and one other will probably be the ones to go out on loan.
Old 15-07-15, 11:02 PM   #68
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post

I don't mind mixing one or two kids into the senior squad but we have to go all out to win the Europa, it's a place in the Champions League.

Besides that, I really don't think the kids learn much playing together in the Europa. The best way to learn is to play with the best players at the club and that means only one or two of them starting and maybe one or two on the bench but an almost full strength team on the field.

Then I want to see us go all out to win the thing, not drop out without so much as a whimper like last season.
Old 15-07-15, 11:28 PM   #69
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post

I think that with the difficult run of fixtures at the start of the season if we struggle a bit I think we might rest a few players and give the kids a run out in the group stages
Old 16-07-15, 08:22 AM   #70
dww
humourless curmudgeon

Quote:

I think we have to have players around for at least half a season to train our way and see them up close. I agree though that both will probably be loaned out before the end of next season.

None of our 4 CBs can be all that secure in their first team place at the minute.
Old 16-07-15, 09:02 AM   #71
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:

I wouoldn't expect either to play as CB, I think they'd be eased into the team at FB (if at all). Although when I initially wrote it I was thiniking they'd both be pushing for a RB slot, but now I think about it I think it was LB Ilori played.

I'd definitely keep one or both about until Flanagan proves his fitness.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-15, 09:25 AM   #72
Exiled_red
Paisley

I think at this point we need to focus on developing one at a time, I would rather develop one of them into a first team contender by giving them as many minutes as possible rather than splitting time between the 3 of them. I don't think that helps anyone in the long term.
Old 17-07-15, 12:19 PM   #73
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

@JamesPearceEcho 2m2 minutes ago
Rodgers says there's no chance Joe Gomez will go out on loan this season. 'He will stay here and compete for a place.' #LFC
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-15, 12:23 PM   #74
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

Good news. Looks like our best defender already
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-15, 12:32 PM   #75
redmike65
Shankly

Quote:

You were saying? Clearly he has enough about him to play anywhere across the back line, I'd expect to see him in the EL and League Cups squads and maybe start games.
redmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-15, 12:34 PM   #76
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike65 View Post
You were saying? Clearly he has enough about him to play anywhere across the back line, I'd expect to see him in the EL and League Cups squads and maybe start games.
http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/show...&postcount=249

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-15, 01:02 PM   #77
Exiled_red
Paisley

Has he been playing left back in the preseason games? If so I guess there is a good chance for him to get first team experience playing there, I imagine getting games at CB will be more difficult, but the backup left back spot is up for grabs. Moreno is first choice and was rested a few times last season. Enrique is seemingly out of favour so there is an opportunity there.

Edit: Similarly there is an opportunity there for Wisdom or Ilori if they are able to play RB as with Flanagan out we lack a back up to Clyne.
Old 17-07-15, 01:04 PM   #78
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He played right back the other day. He's clearly not a LB for me and I doubt he will play there much. Looks a hell of a prospect though.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-15, 01:06 PM   #79
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Very impressed tonight.
Old 17-07-15, 01:24 PM   #80
G
Paisley

Early doors like but the kid looks a bit special.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC