It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 06-02-19, 03:12 PM   #601
Angryred
Dalglish

Dunno why Clyne was egging for a move in the last transfer window as we are in contention for the EPL...He would have won his place back by now & TAA would have been content on the bench for the next while.
Methinks there is more than just us letting him go!
Old 06-02-19, 03:21 PM   #602
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
Dunno why Clyne was egging for a move in the last transfer window as we are in contention for the EPL...He would have won his place back by now & TAA would have been content on the bench for the next while.
Methinks there is more than just us letting him go!
Klopp liked to use Gomez ahead of him, and he was due back this month (didn't know it'd be longer back then). Clyne may be thinking he needs games, and could still get a permanent move elsewhere to a reasonably big club if he does well on loan. (Arsenal?).
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 03:41 PM   #603
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix07 View Post
Klopp liked to use Gomez ahead of him, and he was due back this month (didn't know it'd be longer back then). Clyne may be thinking he needs games, and could still get a permanent move elsewhere to a reasonably big club if he does well on loan. (Arsenal?).
I sold him to Arsenal in FM2019, although Klopp was their manager so maybe it's not too realistic
Old 06-02-19, 05:17 PM   #604
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

I think what no one here is looking at is that Clyne was effectively "injured" for over a year with some rather dubious non-information about his "injury" being issued by the club.
Maybe (probably), there was something shady happening in the background during all that time where he was "injured" (wasn't it some back injury... and when he was supposed to come back it took another 6 months or some shit for him to even be in contention?)

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned it. There will have been something going on behind the scene (Sakho-style, Toure pills, that-January-defender with alcoholism/gambling whatever) where Klopp had probably made up his mind ages ago about letting Clyne leave.

Everyone here is banging on about how "How could Klopp/the club let him go", as if this were some Championship Manager/FIFA19 game, where human/real life complexity doesn't come into play. They (manager/club) aren't idiots and I'm absolutely certain Clyne was let go because of something beyond football skills. We shall never know (most likely).

Last edited by sean_lfc; 06-02-19 at 05:19 PM.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 05:21 PM   #605
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_lfc View Post
I think what no one here is looking at is that Clyne was effectively "injured" for over a year with some rather dubious non-information about his "injury" being issued by the club.
Maybe (probably), there was something shady happening in the background during all that time where he was "injured" (wasn't it some back injury... and when he was supposed to come back it took another 6 months or some shit for him to even be in contention?)

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned it. There will have been something going on behind the scene (Sakho-style, Toure pills, that-January-defender with alcoholism/gambling whatever) where Klopp had probably made up his mind ages ago about letting Clyne leave.

Everyone here is banging on about how "How could Klopp/the club let him go", as if this were some Championship Manager/FIFA19 game, where human/real life complexity doesn't come into play. They (manager/club) aren't idiots and I'm absolutely certain Clyne was let go because of something beyond football skills. We shall never know (most likely).
It was mentioned a few times, but I'm not sure how much we can read into it. Whatever it was he did come back and play since so if there was anything more than an injury to it, it obviously wasn't a deal-breaker.
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 05:22 PM   #606
Gray
Dalglish

I think the Clyne loan was a sweetener in the Solanke deal.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 05:51 PM   #607
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 06:13 PM   #608
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:

The conspiracy might ring true if there wasn't radio silence on almost all injuries. Maybe Klopp thinks the fans are all drama queens so he doesn't feed the beast.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 06:36 PM   #609
Maxiedge
Shankly

He wanted to get back in the international side. Not going to happen playing 7-8 games a season especially as we are out of the domestic cups.

We won’t be the only team to have this problem.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 11:27 PM   #610
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:

To be fair sean, it's only because we all fucking love you on here that you haven't taken a mild hammering for this post. I'm a little disappointed in you

We've never speculated about this sort of baseless shit. It's really negative, I'm surprised you don't feel the cosmos against you (post more though. We need your normal cosmic positivity )

Last edited by Saveloy; 06-02-19 at 11:34 PM.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 12:45 AM   #611
Tatterdemalion
Shankly

Quote:

Actually it was discussed on here and you may well be right. Point remains though, that even if these conspiracy theories were true, it would have been just as easy to jack him off at the end of the season as mid way through. It was a poor decision.
Old 07-02-19, 12:53 AM   #612
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
Actually it was discussed on here and you may well be right. Point remains though, that even if these conspiracy theories were true, It would have been just as easy to jack him off at the end of the season as mid way through. It was a poor decision.

We are doing what now?
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 12:56 AM   #613
sean_lfc
Talented Mentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
To be fair sean, it's only because we all fucking love you on here that you haven't taken a mild hammering for this post. I'm a little disappointed in you

We've never speculated about this sort of baseless shit. It's really negative, I'm surprised you don't feel the cosmos against you (post more though. We need your normal cosmic positivity )
Thanks for taking my cosmication into account, it means a lot (as it is the sole reason I stopped posting years ago), I really appreciate yours remembering and bringing it up (I'm a soft and gentle spirit really, I buy Bronnley Soap "by appointment of her Majesty the Queen" for 10 quid!).

Read back through this thread, several pages, especially danperk (no offense) (I've had a dozen pints, so it's all I can remember). But the fact of the matter is... we could have DEFINITELY done with Clyne as backup, yet he was sent out to some normal team, even though we had all those injuries and whatnot.
You would have to be a complete blind man to disregard the fact that SOMETHING (beyond football) had domething to do with Clyne disappearance. I mean, Klopps not a fucking idiot "I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I'm not and idiot either".. and the fact is. Clyne left, he played a couple of games beforehand (6.5 out of the 10), but some shit went down.

We NEVER actually found out for REAL why he had gone completely missing for over a year (!!) and he was Mister rock-solid. Granted, he might not have had the whip of TAAs crosses, but he was a proper defender, in my eyes he was the Rafa Finnan. But there he went, never a real explanation for his - extremely - long absence (look at Gomez, Brewster, Ox etc, how we are kept up to date). Just no nothing whatsoever, and when all the world could see we needed him, Klopp still let him go. No fucking way was that "for footballing reasons" only.

Anyways, fuckit, fuck him. We are STILL gonna win the muvvafukkn league mo'focka!!!

Last edited by sean_lfc; 07-02-19 at 01:02 AM.
sean_lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 01:37 AM   #614
Tatterdemalion
Shankly

That's all very nice but the real point remains why let him go in the winter rather than the next summer. Whatever it is, he's not dying and isn't going to jail and we needed him. We could have waited.

I think the more mundane answer is that he wanted first team football for recovery after a long injury period, as he is closer to the end of his career than the beginning, and we couldn't guarantee it to him and naively thought we had sufficient cover. The latter part being the mistake in all this.
Old 07-02-19, 07:10 AM   #615
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
That's all very nice but the real point remains why let him go in the winter rather than the next summer. Whatever it is, he's not dying and isn't going to jail and we needed him. We could have waited.

I think the more mundane answer is that he wanted first team football for recovery after a long injury period, as he is closer to the end of his career than the beginning, and we couldn't guarantee it to him and naively thought we had sufficient cover. The latter part being the mistake in all this.
Old 07-02-19, 01:34 PM   #616
baitman
Daddy day care

I agree that there as some sort of behind the scenes issue that kept clyne out, i said so at the time.
And as for the 'bad back' story

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 01:49 PM   #617
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Thankfully Klopp doesn't make too many bad decisions but unfortunately the decision to let Clyne leave on loan is one.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 02:07 PM   #618
red g
Paisley

On the face of it yes, but we do not know all the facts.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 03:16 PM   #619
gratziani
Dalglish

How come he played against United if things were bad behind the scenes and got hugs afterwards
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 03:28 PM   #620
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Thankfully Klopp doesn't make too many bad decisions but unfortunately the decision to let Clyne leave on loan is one.
Compounded this (apparently) bad decision by leaving Trent on against Bournemouth when he was clearly injured and not affecting the game.

But yeah, he's plenty in the red in terms of calls.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC