It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 28-12-17, 05:47 PM   #1
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Rhian Brewster

Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 28-12-17, 05:59 PM   #2
Reece

Nice but depressing interview that. Good on him for speaking out.
Reece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-17, 06:00 PM   #3
Snigger
Dalglish

Good lad, can't have been easy doing that but raises the profile can only help raise awareness, sadly the minions that run UEFA and FIFA are such a waste of space it's unlikely to have any impact. Maybe they should put long range mic's on the pitch to pick player speech - then when a complaint is made they can't use the no evidence excuse every time.
Snigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-17, 06:41 PM   #4
BigChief
Paisley

Need more of these metoo articles.
Old 28-12-17, 06:49 PM   #5
Exiled_red
Paisley

Good on him for speaking out, but it's sad that this type of thing still happens.

UEFA are completely useless even when there is evidence of racist chanting from fans the only sanctions against clubs is some minor fine. They don't take these incidents seriously. Incidents between players are difficult to prove but UEFA should be investigating complaints, looking at videos and speaking to players, officials etc. It doesn't even sound like UEFA are even bothering doing that.
Old 28-12-17, 09:53 PM   #6
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Uefa subsequently ordered Spartak to close 500 seats of their academy stadium for the next match and display a banner – “Equal Game
That'll learn em.
Old 14-03-18, 01:04 PM   #7
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 14-03-18, 01:15 PM   #8
baitman
Daddy day care

new signing

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 01:45 PM   #9
Fuzzy
Fagan

This is probably a reply to those rumours that he won't sign a new contract.

Hope he comes back from the injury and starts killing.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 06:19 PM   #10
Liverpool
Paisley

Holding out for brewsters millions
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 07:40 PM   #11
brightred
Befuddled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
Holding out for brewsters millions
That deserves a
Old 01-05-18, 10:11 AM   #12
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 01-05-18, 10:13 AM   #13
Fuzzy
Fagan

Yes! Can't think of a better manager, club and league for his development.
Old 01-05-18, 10:14 AM   #14
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Interesting.

Wouldn't have thought he'd be guaranteed to get as many starts as we normally demand, even if they sell a few players.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 10:18 AM   #15
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Can't see that being true and would be a bad move despite the greatness of Godgers in developing players. They play with 1 striker most of the time and have Griffiths, will probably keep Edouard so even if Dembele goes they are still strong there (and will have money to sign someone else anyway). Not sure they'll play the least experienced one regularly, certainly not in the biggest games anyway.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 10:21 AM   #16
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

He'll get more first team minutes there, and its not such a step up from his current level, like our first team. If anything, its a step down from the under 23 league
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 10:38 AM   #17
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Maybe Gerrard can take him to Rangers on loan?
Old 01-05-18, 11:05 AM   #18
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yes! Can't think of a better manager, club and league for his development.
He's nothing like Benteke!
Old 11-05-18, 10:39 PM   #19
Irishnev
Shankly

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 10:54 PM   #20
Fuzzy
Fagan

Here's your working link
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 11-05-18, 11:52 PM   #21
BigChief
Paisley

Easy, buy back clause.
Old 12-05-18, 12:32 AM   #22
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Easy, buy back clause.
We don't have a contract with him so development fee would all he'd go for. But he is injured and we've treated him well so I'd be surprised if he left.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 08:39 AM   #23
Assassin
Kloppite

No drama. If he doesn't think he is good enough to play for us, so be it
Old 12-05-18, 09:01 AM   #24
RedReet

Obviously as a fan it's impossible to be impartial, but even at that it's difficult to understand why a young player would want to leave the club with what's happening here at the minute.

Brave call for him if he does go down that route, but I'll be surprised if he does.
Old 12-05-18, 09:17 AM   #25
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Bascombe did a piece in March, saying Brewster would train with the first team (after recovering from his injury) during pre-season, with a view of putting him in matchday squads.

It looks like Brewster is looking for a sort of guarantee regarding game time, especially with the likes of Ings and Solanke on the books, and with Origi and Wilson set to return. All of the forementioned players are decent in terms of their age, so really, he's probably holding out to see all of his options first.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 09:31 AM   #26
Fuzzy
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Obviously as a fan it's impossible to be impartial, but even at that it's difficult to understand why a young player would want to leave the club with what's happening here at the minute.

Brave call for him if he does go down that route, but I'll be surprised if he does.
He's looking at the likes of Jadon Sancho, Ademola Lookman, Reece Oxford and one other English guy, forgot the name, who are all playing regularly and developing there after struggling to get minutes in England - and they were probably all more prominent talents than him.

"What's happening here at the minute" is that we have one of the, if not the best and most irreplecable front threes in Europe, and then players like Solanke, Ings, Woodburn, Origi and Wilson who are either getting scraps, loans or aren't playing at all.

He probably looks at Woodburn, who hasn't played all year, or at Solanke, who's surely better than what he shows, but can't possibly show it because he only gets 15 minutes every fool moon. Now the fans are on his back, confidence is probably shattered - no thanks, I'd probably look elsewhere too.
Old 12-05-18, 09:49 AM   #27
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
He's looking at the likes of Jadon Sancho, Ademola Lookman, Reece Oxford and one other English guy, forgot the name, who are all playing regularly and developing there after struggling to get minutes in England - and they were probably all more prominent talents than him.

"What's happening here at the minute" is that we have one of the, if not the best and most irreplecable front threes in Europe, and then players like Solanke, Ings, Woodburn, Origi and Wilson who are either getting scraps, loans or aren't playing at all.

He probably looks at Woodburn, who hasn't played all year, or at Solanke, who's surely better than what he shows, but can't possibly show it because he only gets 15 minutes every fool moon. Now the fans are on his back, confidence is probably shattered - no thanks, I'd probably look elsewhere too.
Just had a quick look on Wiki, Sancho has played 11 times, Lookman 10 and Oxford 4 and 3 (over two periods), compared to Solanke's 20 appearances for us. Hardly tearing it up in Germany.

They are also the supposed success stories. Things didn't go so well for Kent over there, so if that was a permanent move he'd probably be stuck playing reserve football away from his friends and family.

Also, our attack is all about pace, so if Brewster really backed his talent and thinks he's good enough for 1st team football, there is no reason he couldn't move ahead of the likes of Ings and Solanke.

What fans are on his back BTW?
Old 12-05-18, 10:13 AM   #28
labourRed
Shankly

Solanke's back.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 10:20 AM   #29
RedReet

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Solanke's back.
Old 12-05-18, 01:30 PM   #30
marcus50bucks
Niko Bellic

Quote:
Liverpool still hoping to convince Rhian Brewster to sign new deal despite interest from Germany

Bundesliga clubs hoping to sign the talented 18-year-old this summer

By James Pearce
12:01, 12 MAY 2018

Liverpool are still hoping to convince striker Rhian Brewster to spurn interest from the Bundesliga and commit his future to the club this summer.

The England youth international has turned down a number of offers from Liverpool to sign a professional contract and his representatives have been keen to explore a potential move to Germany.

Borussia Monchengladbach and RB Leipzig have both registered their interest in the 18-year-old frontman, who won the Golden Boot at last year’s Under-17 World Cup.

However, Liverpool haven’t given up the fight with Jurgen Klopp making it clear that he would be part of the first-team squad next season if he stays put.

The ECHO understands that Liverpool have triggered the third year of Brewster’s Academy scholarship which means that no club is currently allowed to approach him. Anyone doing so at this stage will run the risk of being reported for tapping-up the youngster.

But Brewster could still opt to leave in the summer and Anfield officials understand the lure of the Bundesliga for an English player of his age.

He would be following in the footsteps of international team-mate Jadon Sancho, who snubbed a pro deal with Manchester City before signing for Borussia Dortmund last August. The 18-year-old has since made 11 league appearances for Dortmund.

Under FIFA rules, Liverpool would only be guaranteed a compensation payment of around £200,000 for Brewster if he went to Germany. However, such was the interest in Sancho that City negotiated a deal rising to £10million with Dortmund and the Reds value Brewster around the same level.

Brewster, who joined the Kirkby Academy from Chelsea in 2015, was first offered a heavily incentivised pro deal by the Reds when he turned 17 last year and once again following his 18th birthday last month.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...rhian-14648660
marcus50bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 11:21 PM   #31
Fuzzy
Fagan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...dbach-illegal/

Exclusive: Liverpool consider reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for illegal approach to Rhian Brewster
Old 13-05-18, 01:23 AM   #32
dom9
Ant Pisser

It's funny how players like Brewster and Sterling before him are on their second major club before they're even properly professional.

Their career is literally just that. A career.

If you're that way inclined, you'll do what you need to do to get the next step up the ladder.
Old 13-05-18, 08:20 AM   #33
Exiled_red
Paisley

What's the deal with the 3rd year of his academy contract? I've read a number of articles saying that we have invoked it and this stops other clubs approaching him now, but all seem to imply that he will still be leaving. I am I right in thinking this just means we will seLloyd him and get control of a deal rather than a tribunal fee?
Old 13-05-18, 08:25 AM   #34
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
It's funny how players like Brewster and Sterling before him are on their second major club before they're even properly professional.

If you're that way inclined, you'll do what you need to do to get the next step up the ladder.
In fairness that's what you have to do. We as fans would like to thank that the players (particularly youth players) are fans and have a strong tie to the club but the reality is that they are employees and the need to do what is best for themselves and their careers. A football career is a short one getting games and experience early can be the difference between having a top flight career and playing in the lower leagues somewhere.
Old 13-05-18, 08:36 AM   #35
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

May as well sell him, he's not going to oust any of that front line anytime soon and it's highly likely we'll get another forward player in so it's no surprise he wants to fuck off.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 10:05 AM   #36
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

What happened to the fella who went to Watford, was it Jerome Sinclair? Loaned out to Birmingham and destined to play for a dozen clubs. Jordon Ibe will do the same. Sterling's different because he has genuine quality . Shame they see the ££ over playing for one of the top coaches in the game
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 10:06 AM   #37
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
What's the deal with the 3rd year of his academy contract? I've read a number of articles saying that we have invoked it and this stops other clubs approaching him now, but all seem to imply that he will still be leaving. I am I right in thinking this just means we will seLloyd him and get control of a deal rather than a tribunal fee?
Sell Lloyd, he's shit
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-18, 10:12 AM   #38
Assassin
Kloppite

"His representatives are keen to explore....." Basically, they are in the meat trade to suck as much money out of there game as possible.

Get him signed up on a decent contract and loan him out to Germany. Best deal for all. Good for Kim as he will be on a better deal. Good for us as we can chose to keep or sell him. Good for the game as the parasites do not take money out of the game
Old 13-05-18, 10:16 AM   #39
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
What happened to the fella who went to Watford, was it Jerome Sinclair? Loaned out to Birmingham and destined to play for a dozen clubs. Jordon Ibe will do the same. Sterling's different because he has genuine quality . Shame they see the ££ over playing for one of the top coaches in the game
To be fair I don't think that it can be so much about the money, surely it has to be about game time and experience. Unless you are likely to be someone who can be an instant impact or you get your chance because of an injury to player ahead of you(TAA). Your likely path with a club like us is likely to be some combination of:
- reserve team football
- a few league cup games
- the occasional PL game on the bench and if you are lucky 10 mins on the pitch
- a number of loan moves (which tend to be very hit or miss recently)

I can see why this might be frustrating, if you have the option to play elsewhere and get games in the same side for a few years, it gives you the opportunity to develop, showcase your talent and if you are good enough you can get a move somewhere bigger.
Old 13-05-18, 10:18 AM   #40
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Sell Lloyd, he's shit
Bloodly phone always autocorrects anything with double L at the end to Lloyd for some reason. I don't even know anyone called Lloyd FFS

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC