It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 05-02-19, 02:07 PM   #481
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I'm going to pieces this season. How the fuck do people cope with all the cunt supporters of other teams giving it the bantz every day at work?
Old 05-02-19, 02:19 PM   #482
RedSpartan
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
City are back on their scoring run?

They lost the game before last 2-1.

Don’t buy into the hype. Fretting like this in early Feb is not what’s needed, we’ve no chance if we panic now(the support). We are not used to leading. That’s the truth and the fact that we’ve had opportunities to cement the lead and not taken them is frustrating.

But we remain in the lead

And we have games to make it right and another break after the Bournemouth game to get players back and fit.

I'm sorry, It was a weak moment...just fuming about our two draws...

"How could I justify picking up my pay cheque if I stand here and say the tie is over? It would be just as stupid as saying we're going to walk all over them [in the second leg]. I can always supply silly answers to silly questions...... Yes, the tie is over, but we have to play them anyway."
RedSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 02:28 PM   #483
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSpartan View Post

I'm sorry, It was a weak moment...just fuming about our two draws...
Understandable.

We need to try and enjoy it. Its frustrating ass we could have almost had one hand on it if we had won those games, but the more likely route was always gong to be that we had to scrap to the bitter end.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 03:12 PM   #484
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
First of all that's subjective. Secondly, he was injured all last season. Thirdly, he offers fuck all going forward. Fourthly, you're not Jurgen Klopp. Fifthly, you're not Jurgen Klopp.
What's subjective exactly? Was Clyne not the best back up option at RB?

It is a squad game, we went out of our way to improve our squad this summer so that we could have quality options on the bench when needed which we did not have last season... Klopp said as much. We have defenders in Matip, Lovren & Gomez who have all proven to be very injury prone throughout the course of a season, we also have Hendo & Lallana who also have been proven to be very injury prone. Why let go a solid right back and a stand in CB half way through the season without no replacement? It is absolutely bizarre, said it at the time. The fixture list in the prem is absolutely brutal, we are going for the title surely we want the best squad options available to us?

So low and behold Trent gets injured, Gomez has a set back, Matip gets injured, Lovren gets injured & even stand in right back cover Henderson gets injured. Milner gets sent off when he stands in at right back. Not only does it mean square pegs in round holes, it means we compromise in the middle of the park by taking away quality in midfield to fill a vacant position.

Madness, so unecessary and part of the reason we look so unbalanced defensively and in midfield.

Last edited by danperkins; 05-02-19 at 03:15 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 03:36 PM   #485
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 05-02-19, 05:13 PM   #486
cannotmakeit
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Ok, let me get this straight so you are saying that it's not a fact that getting rid of the best back up right full in the league doesn't leave us worse of?
Best back up right back? He could get a game with us when Trent was injured!
cannotmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 11:14 PM   #487
Fuzzy
Fagan

Still nauseous from this
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 08:31 AM   #488
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannotmakeit View Post
Best back up right back? He could get a game with us when Trent was injured!
Nothing got to do with his footballing abilities i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Still nauseous from this
Probably be worse when City smash Everton tonight and the mancs go into overdrive when we aren't top of the league.
Old 06-02-19, 12:24 PM   #489
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Disgraceful

Old 06-02-19, 12:29 PM   #490
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Not surprising at all from them. I know that's only one person but they are easily one of the worst fanbases, were chanting always the victims in the first half too. Upton Park was always 90mins of anti scouse bollocks and dickheads waving money at the away end. One of the few clubs where a majority of their supporters are absolute scum rather than a minority.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 03:04 PM   #491
Yozza
Shankly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47144113

Mohamed Salah: West Ham investigate racist abuse of Liverpool striker

Mohamed Salah is the top scorer in the Premier League with 16 goals this season
West Ham are investigating after a video emerged of a fan racially abusing Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah during Monday's 1-1 draw at London Stadium.

Egypt striker Salah, 26, was filmed on a mobile phone from a section of home supporters as he was taking a corner.

The footage, taken by a fellow fan, shows expletives directed at Salah including about his Muslim religion.

In a statement, West Ham said they have "a zero tolerance policy to any form of violent or abusive behaviour".

It continued: "We are an inclusive football club.

"Regardless of age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability, everyone is warmly welcomed at London Stadium.

"Anyone identified committing an offence will have their details passed to the police and will face a lifetime ban from London Stadium.

"There is no place for this kind of behaviour at our stadium."

The user who posted the video on Twitter said: "I was disgusted by what I was hearing. People like this deserve no place in our society let alone football matches."

Police are aware of the incident.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 04:07 PM   #492
Jas
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Where I was sitting there were loads of Hammers fans spouting abuse at Mo and yes some of it was anti Muslim as well.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 08:28 PM   #493
frank the tank
Shankly

Fuckin Brexit supporting gammons.......I've been to Upton park and can testify that the majority of their fans are horrible Phil Mitchell wannabe cunts.

If the fa really wanted to "kick it out" then they'd have thrown Millwall out of the FA cup and would dock these inbred cunts some points and force them to play behind closed doors for their next premier league game.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC