It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 14-03-21, 01:31 AM   #1841
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 34,824
He has basically been ruled out to return this season. Klopp expects him to be back for pre season.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 07:00 AM   #1842
Mr Pink
Fagan
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
He has basically been ruled out to return this season. Klopp expects him to be back for pre season.

while it would be lovely to see him back for the last game of the season or that, itd be much better for our medical department to say naaa hes not ready and keep him from going off to the euros too...

Pre season would be a good time to come back too- no big news story bout a return- just there, from the start of next season, good as new!

Having said that, I have had wet dreams bout him making his return in time for the champions league final and bossing it!
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 10:52 AM   #1843
labourRed
Paisley
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 10,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
He has basically been ruled out to return this season. Klopp expects him to be back for pre season.
I'm confused, didn't you say he'd be ready in a few months?
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 11:35 AM   #1844
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 34,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
I'm confused, didn't you say he'd be ready in a few months?

Youre easily confused.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 12:50 PM   #1845
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,911
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 12:52 PM   #1846
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
I'm confused, didn't you say he'd be ready in a few months?
He definitely did.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He wont expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 01:01 PM   #1847
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 40,176
Mid to end of Feb I think he said
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-21, 03:57 PM   #1848
greenturnip
Benitez
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 626
Netherlands might name him in their squad if he’s training...
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 10:48 AM   #1849
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
Netherlands might name him in their squad if hes training...
Which will give Virgil a choice to make
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-21, 06:30 PM   #1850
BG1973
Fagan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
April? It'll be much earlier than this.
Oh I see, you meant 2022.
BG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 11:03 AM   #1851
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133,500


__________________
That were absolute diabolical
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 11:03 AM   #1852
Shaggy
Unidentified Rascal
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133,500
__________________
That were absolute diabolical
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 11:35 AM   #1853
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post


Absolutely right thing to do
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 11:39 AM   #1854
spud_gun
Paisley
 
spud_gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,135
100% the right thing to do.

Henderson should be thinking along the same lines
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 11:40 AM   #1855
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 51,948


Wasn't expecting that to be the decision that was made at all.

Great news. A few more months of rehab for VVD.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 12:21 PM   #1856
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
100% the right thing to do.

Henderson should be thinking along the same lines
yip i think hendo should exactly be thinking the same.

Must be hard as England have a very good chance of winning it this summer, but hopefully he wants another title or two with liverpool just as much
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 12:57 PM   #1857
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 51,948

__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 03:31 PM   #1858
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
Fosterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37,389
I wonder why he never changes his hairstyle?
__________________
==========================
TREBLE TRACKER 21/22
-----------------------------------------------

League Cup: Winners (Liverpool vs Chelsea)
FA Cup: Winners (Liverpool vs Chelsea)
Champions League: We're in the Final! (Liverpool vs Real Madrid)
Fosterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 04:32 PM   #1859
vlahka
Still sulking...
 
vlahka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
I wonder why he never changes his hairstyle?
Maybe hes not some fansy pants flim flam lad who needs attention.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 04:41 PM   #1860
Venton
Paisley
 
Venton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Maybe hes not some fansy pants flim flam lad who needs attention.
Stolen for future use
__________________
Experimental music, Metropolitan foodstuffs, Mexican wrestler art, London suburbia, wry whimsy, fansy pants flim flam lad
Venton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 04:46 PM   #1861
badpiggy
Special Kind of Scum
 
badpiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
Stolen for future use
Surely an immediate addition to your sig?
__________________
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 04:50 PM   #1862
Venton
Paisley
 
Venton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
Surely an immediate addition to your sig?
True. I had to get rid of the "marital subservience" the other day as we had a massive row and I called her an arse. Need something to replace it. Plus, the worm has turned and you heard it here first.
__________________
Experimental music, Metropolitan foodstuffs, Mexican wrestler art, London suburbia, wry whimsy, fansy pants flim flam lad
Venton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 08:55 PM   #1863
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23,824
Fansy...

__________________
removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Fabinho
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 09:12 PM   #1864
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 34,824
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 09:50 PM   #1865
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 51,948
...
__________________
Create a memory

Last edited by Buzzo; 13-05-21 at 08:18 AM.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 10:22 PM   #1866
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 34,824
Despite the injuries at the back, we've got the 5th best defence in the league, behind City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United - mind, we've played a couple of games less.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 10:53 PM   #1867
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venton View Post
True. I had to get rid of the "marital subservience" the other day as we had a massive row and I called her an arse. Need something to replace it. Plus, the worm has turned and you heard it here first.
You should have checked with me.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 10:56 PM   #1868
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Despite the injuries at the back, we've got the 5th best defence in the league, behind City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United - mind, we've played a couple of games less.
Injuries have changed the set up of our team especially Virgil.

But it has been Mane, Firmino and our impotent midfield that has fucked our season
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:53 AM   #1869
Venton
Paisley
 
Venton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
You should have checked with me.
You've still got the main part of it! Sigs got to evolve...
__________________
Experimental music, Metropolitan foodstuffs, Mexican wrestler art, London suburbia, wry whimsy, fansy pants flim flam lad
Venton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 09:06 AM   #1870
kev776
Paisley
 
kev776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Injuries have changed the set up of our team especially Virgil.

But it has been Mane, Firmino and our impotent midfield that has fucked our season
They haven't performed as well as last year BECAUSE our 3 quickest and best CBs have been unavailable, this mean MF support has been less (injuries and playing CB) therefore the high press has been much more difficult. Even our FBs have raided less because they are protecting the CBs so the constant stream of wide support to the strkers has also been dimisnished. It's a team issue not just the players you blamed.
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 09:19 AM   #1871
fidget
Shankly
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
They haven't performed as well as last year BECAUSE our 3 quickest and best CBs have been unavailable, this mean MF support has been less (injuries and playing CB) therefore the high press has been much more difficult. Even our FBs have raided less because they are protecting the CBs so the constant stream of wide support to the strkers has also been dimisnished. It's a team issue not just the players you blamed.


Compound that with having no leader on the pitch for most of the season when previously we've had two.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 09:21 AM   #1872
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 51,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
They haven't performed as well as last year BECAUSE our 3 quickest and best CBs have been unavailable, this mean MF support has been less (injuries and playing CB) therefore the high press has been much more difficult. Even our FBs have raided less because they are protecting the CBs so the constant stream of wide support to the strkers has also been dimisnished. It's a team issue not just the players you blamed.
__________________
Create a memory
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 09:23 AM   #1873
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
They haven't performed as well as last year BECAUSE our 3 quickest and best CBs have been unavailable, this mean MF support has been less (injuries and playing CB) therefore the high press has been much more difficult. Even our FBs have raided less because they are protecting the CBs so the constant stream of wide support to the strkers has also been dimisnished. It's a team issue not just the players you blamed.


Just looking through the lens of goal conceded doesn't tell the whole story of the impact of losing VVD, Gomez and Matip.
__________________
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:02 AM   #1874
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 47,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
They haven't performed as well as last year BECAUSE our 3 quickest and best CBs have been unavailable, this mean MF support has been less (injuries and playing CB) therefore the high press has been much more difficult. Even our FBs have raided less because they are protecting the CBs so the constant stream of wide support to the strkers has also been dimisnished. It's a team issue not just the players you blamed.
I agree with all that, one other thing IMO that had also influenced things with the front three, without the high press they are starting deeper so are having to cover more ground to get forwards and into those scoring positions, the tiredness or extra yards in their legs are probably responsible for not being able to remain composed in front of goal hence the conversion rates dropping.
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:08 AM   #1875
frank the tank
Paisley
 
frank the tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
They haven't performed as well as last year BECAUSE our 3 quickest and best CBs have been unavailable, this mean MF support has been less (injuries and playing CB) therefore the high press has been much more difficult. Even our FBs have raided less because they are protecting the CBs so the constant stream of wide support to the strkers has also been dimisnished. It's a team issue not just the players you blamed.
i know what you are saying. Hendo out as well has really hurt us.

However, Mane and Firmino have had shitload of chances to score goals. And they've fucked it up. I read in March that we had something like 115 shots on goal without scoring at Anfield. The misses of BF and SM have fucked us up. The newcastle game was a perfect example, we should have been 4 or 5 up at half time....... we fucked up at the end but the game should have been dead and buried long before that.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 10:12 AM   #1876
fidget
Shankly
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 9,256
This season has been a perfect storm.
fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 12:23 PM   #1877
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously
 
Fredo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 34,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
i know what you are saying. Hendo out as well has really hurt us.

However, Mane and Firmino have had shitload of chances to score goals. And they've fucked it up. I read in March that we had something like 115 shots on goal without scoring at Anfield. The misses of BF and SM have fucked us up. The newcastle game was a perfect example, we should have been 4 or 5 up at half time....... we fucked up at the end but the game should have been dead and buried long before that.
Not just Mane or Firmino though. You can put Mo as well in this bracket - missed a sitter vs Real and other games as well.

Things are what it is and I don't think there's any value over analysing why we've had a poor xG this season. I'm pretty sure this doesn't mean they've become poor at finishing all of a sudden. It could be simply down to split second hesitation (down to lack of confidence when you're in a rut).

Next season things will be different.
__________________
Are we winning?
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 02:03 PM   #1878
Mr Pink
Fagan
 
Mr Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Not just Mane or Firmino though. You can put Mo as well in this bracket - missed a sitter vs Real and other games as well.

Things are what it is and I don't think there's any value over analysing why we've had a poor xG this season. I'm pretty sure this doesn't mean they've become poor at finishing all of a sudden. It could be simply down to split second hesitation (down to lack of confidence when you're in a rut).

Next season things will be different.

I agree that Salahs finishing has also been frustrating at times, but in the end of the day, hes still challenging for the golden boot, so I reckon its mane and firmino that need to shoulder the blame for the lack of goals.

I agree and hope that they can bounce back and be back to their best next season- or at least Mane.. Im starting to wonder whether Bobby is finished. I reckon having no crowds must affect them hugely too. Watching with the crowd sounds I kinda put it in the back of my mind, but once you turn that off, it really is like a training game without the fans... whether theyre cheering for you, or against you, the added adrenaline of having 50 thousand fans screaming in the stadium must have a huge impact on their game.
__________________
I don't tip
Mr Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-21, 01:21 PM   #1879
Pepe79
Shankly
 
Pepe79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,911
Bump

__________________
.
.
.
.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-21, 05:56 PM   #1880
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 40,176
Beautiful
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.