It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-07-06, 01:56 PM   #1
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

[bumped] The Dude says thanks!

RAFA: AURELIO CAN BE FAB FOR US
Steve Hunter 07 July 2006
Rafael Benitez has paid his latest signing Fabio Aurelio a glowing compliment by saying he is potentially a better passer of the ball than Spanish ace Xabi Alonso.
The Liverpool manager insists Aurelio has a lot of quality and believes he will be a big asset to his team.

"Aurelio is a left full back or a left winger with a lot of quality," enthused Benitez.

"He can cross the ball superbly and he is maybe a better passer of the ball than Xabi Alonso.

"People will say 'oh really?' But you will see the quality of his crosses and passes with his left foot. He is also fantastic at set pieces."

From the Official Site.....

No pressure on Fabio then!!! Better passer than Xabi, that is some claim!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 07-07-06, 11:16 PM   #2
Ryan
Hodgsoned

He made similar claims upon Josemi's arrival. We'll see...
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 02:10 AM   #3
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Claims that Josemi was a better passer of that ball than Xabi "Pass Master" Alonso?

I might be wrong, however I don't remember those comments.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 02:45 AM   #4
MrMichael
The Pun Police

From the little I've seen of him I'm very excited with this guy. I doubt he'll ever "seem" as great a passer as Xabi, given the difference in their positions on the pitch, but if he adapts to the English game (and considering Rafa knows him he must have a fair idea of his temprament/abilities) were going to have some left side next season
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 02:52 PM   #5
bazza76
Paisley

I think Rafa is using a little bit of psychology in his words. I think he is underlining the areas of his game that he wants him to excell and have confidence in, aswell as defending obviously. Rafa is a very very canny manager, we cant forget that.
bazza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 07:46 AM   #6
FowlerLeftFoot
Benitez

but this aurelio is injury prone throughout his career, thats the catch.....
"if he is lucky with injury, he would be a very good player for us" - rafa
FowlerLeftFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 08:16 AM   #7
Mumsafan
Paisley

He got injured in training and is out for 6 days I read.
Mumsafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-06, 05:44 PM   #8
FowlerLeftFoot
Benitez

are u sure tokey1?
Old 12-07-06, 05:46 PM   #9
Mumsafan
Paisley

Elisha said so yesterday on YNWA
Old 12-07-06, 05:51 PM   #10
FowlerLeftFoot
Benitez

hmm..........sux if this is true
Old 13-07-06, 05:08 PM   #11
Mumsafan
Paisley

The Dude says thanks!

DUDEK: THANKS FOR HELPING FIND MY MEDALS
Paul Eaton 13 July 2006
Jerzy Dudek today spoke of his delight after being reunited with a career's worth of footballing memorabilia - including the medal he won at the Champions League final in Istanbul.
Dudek returned from holiday in the summer to discover his home had been burgled and the robbers had made off with numerous items, including priceless medals and shirts collected during his illustrious career.

Thankfully, the Liverpool goalkeeper has now been reunited with his trophies and he's keen to thank everyone who played a part in catching the thieves.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I want to say a big thank you to Merseyside Police because they were so helpful throughout what was a difficult time for me. It wasn't nice to know that people had been in my house taking my belongings but the police did a very professional job and managed to get most of my things back.

"I also want to thank the Liverpool Echo newspaper because they reported the news and gave it a big headline and I think that helped in me getting the most important items back. I haven't got everything back yet but the big things, like my Champions League medal and other footballing medals, are back with me.

"To be honest I never thought I would get them back. I came home from holiday and saw my house in such a mess and thought to myself that they'd all gone forever. It was a dreadful moment for me.

"Then when I was on holiday with some friends in my village in Poland the good news came through. I have helped start a football club over there and because it was the end of their season we were all together to have a barbeque. A friend of mine called me to say the police had been in touch to say they have found almost everything. I just exploded with joy and started screaming 'yes, yes, yes'. Everyone around me was asking what had happened and I shouted back 'They've found my medals'. It was a great moment for me. Everyone was so happy.

"I returned home a week later and the police delivered three big boxes containing all my stuff. My camera was even there which the robbers had used to take photographs of themselves!

"I'm still missing some things such as watches from the Dutch FA and Polish FA and the shirt I wore in the Worthington Cup final. I even heard a story that someone tried to sell that framed shirt in a pub! That's the kind of story I can laugh about now because I have most things back."

Dudek added: "The fact that so many fans wrote to me and emailed me messages of support tells you everything about this club and its supporters. The relationship between the two is fantastic.

"I had emails from lots of fans saying they would scour websites for me to see if they could find anyone trying to sell my medals and shirts. It made me feel really emotional to know they were willing to go out of their way to help me. Liverpool fans will never, ever let you down.

"Again, I just want to thank Merseyside Police, the Liverpool Echo and every supporter who helped me during this horrible time."
Old 13-07-06, 05:35 PM   #12
knockers
Fagan

Glad he got his stuff back, must must be awful to spend a career training and winning medals etc for some theiving scumbag to come along and nick the lot. I like the fact that the idiots then took pictures of themselves with his camera! a nice bit of evidence for the police.
knockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-06, 06:00 PM   #13
Mumsafan
Paisley

Yeah how dumb is that!
Old 13-07-06, 07:44 PM   #14
Riddler
Evans

So people can be real dumb , like the one who got caught by big Dunk !!!!
Old 13-07-06, 08:26 PM   #15
Red_hot
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey1
DUDEK: THANKS FOR HELPING FIND MY MEDALS
Paul Eaton 13 July 2006
Jerzy Dudek today spoke of his delight after being reunited with a career's worth of footballing memorabilia - including the medal he won at the Champions League final in Istanbul.
Dudek returned from holiday in the summer to discover his home had been burgled and the robbers had made off with numerous items, including priceless medals and shirts collected during his illustrious career.

Thankfully, the Liverpool goalkeeper has now been reunited with his trophies and he's keen to thank everyone who played a part in catching the thieves.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I want to say a big thank you to Merseyside Police because they were so helpful throughout what was a difficult time for me. It wasn't nice to know that people had been in my house taking my belongings but the police did a very professional job and managed to get most of my things back.

"I also want to thank the Liverpool Echo newspaper because they reported the news and gave it a big headline and I think that helped in me getting the most important items back. I haven't got everything back yet but the big things, like my Champions League medal and other footballing medals, are back with me.

"To be honest I never thought I would get them back. I came home from holiday and saw my house in such a mess and thought to myself that they'd all gone forever. It was a dreadful moment for me.

"Then when I was on holiday with some friends in my village in Poland the good news came through. I have helped start a football club over there and because it was the end of their season we were all together to have a barbeque. A friend of mine called me to say the police had been in touch to say they have found almost everything. I just exploded with joy and started screaming 'yes, yes, yes'. Everyone around me was asking what had happened and I shouted back 'They've found my medals'. It was a great moment for me. Everyone was so happy.

"I returned home a week later and the police delivered three big boxes containing all my stuff. My camera was even there which the robbers had used to take photographs of themselves!

"I'm still missing some things such as watches from the Dutch FA and Polish FA and the shirt I wore in the Worthington Cup final. I even heard a story that someone tried to sell that framed shirt in a pub! That's the kind of story I can laugh about now because I have most things back."

Dudek added: "The fact that so many fans wrote to me and emailed me messages of support tells you everything about this club and its supporters. The relationship between the two is fantastic.

"I had emails from lots of fans saying they would scour websites for me to see if they could find anyone trying to sell my medals and shirts. It made me feel really emotional to know they were willing to go out of their way to help me. Liverpool fans will never, ever let you down.

"Again, I just want to thank Merseyside Police, the Liverpool Echo and every supporter who helped me during this horrible time."
Oh bless!
Old 14-07-06, 03:48 AM   #16
FowlerLeftFoot
Benitez

good on you dude!~
Old 19-03-11, 10:30 PM   #17
El Diego
Dalglish

bump
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-11, 10:32 PM   #18
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Why the bump?
Old 19-03-11, 10:34 PM   #19
El Diego
Dalglish

I see Neil's been rating all the threads so I felt left out so looked for the oldest I could find.
I think it's a foul, and if the ref gives it. He got to give a penalty. I know it's outside the box, but you see them given that close to the area. So if the ref gives it he's got to give the penalty as it so close to the area. But I think it's a penalty. Robbie Savage 8/11/06

Are you watching Manchester United? Are you watching Chelsea? This is Liverpool F.C taking over the bloody world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-03-11, 10:35 PM   #20
El Diego
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diego View Post
I see Neil's been rating all the threads so I felt left out so looked for the oldest I could find.

Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC