It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 19-05-20, 08:28 PM   #1001
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Burnley is one these clubs.
Old 19-05-20, 08:36 PM   #1002
Pepe79
Dalglish

Ian Woan, Burnley’s assistant manager.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 08:42 PM   #1003
rodo
Shankly

whats the chances that it`s mainly backroom staff who have tested positive i mean we are already down to 5 now if woan is one of the 6
Old 19-05-20, 08:45 PM   #1004
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

"WHU and Watford clamour to sign Woan on loan"
Old 19-05-20, 10:18 PM   #1005
rodo
Shankly

Old 19-05-20, 10:19 PM   #1006
rodo
Shankly

so basically 4 out of the 6 includes 1 player so far
Old 19-05-20, 10:24 PM   #1007
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

I've seen some strange reactions so far to the 6 positive tests. I think considering the rate of infection within the country compared to Germany that it is encouraging for the game moving forward. I expected their to be at least double figures testing positive.
Old 19-05-20, 11:23 PM   #1008
Yozza
Shankly

Captain A would have got that reference....

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-20, 11:23 PM   #1009
ChesterDave
Paisley

Its a substantially lower positive results percentage than the general population. Granted that also includes fronline care staff who are more likely to be exposed but 0.8% positives is so low that likely football won't return this year if that figure is too high to resume.
Old 20-05-20, 02:41 PM   #1010
ChesterDave
Paisley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740861
Old 20-05-20, 03:19 PM   #1011
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Its a substantially lower positive results percentage than the general population. Granted that also includes fronline care staff who are more likely to be exposed but 0.8% positives is so low that likely football won't return this year if that figure is too high to resume.

According to a BBC article I read today it's estimated that 0.25% of the population have coronavirus.

"Last weekend, the Office for National Statistics suggested that one in 400 people had coronavirus outside hospitals and care homes, a rate of 0.25%."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52726278
topscorer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-20, 03:30 PM   #1012
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
According to a BBC article I read today it's estimated that 0.25% of the population have coronavirus.

"Last weekend, the Office for National Statistics suggested that one in 400 people had coronavirus outside hospitals and care homes, a rate of 0.25%."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52726278
That puts the UK on around 400,000 cases then. Feels likely that there's much more than that in reality
Old 20-05-20, 03:44 PM   #1013
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
That puts the UK on around 400,000 cases then. Feels likely that there's much more than that in reality
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discove...id-19-already/

A quarter could have had it.
Old 20-05-20, 07:29 PM   #1014
Irishnev
Shankly

Mane & Bobby’s hair

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-20, 08:07 PM   #1015
McDermotX
Paisley

Proper botched socially-distanced effort from Sadio.

Bobby, of course, is just pure Bobby.
Old 21-05-20, 06:11 AM   #1016
Rigadon
Shankly

Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
Because I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you
Old 21-05-20, 06:48 AM   #1017
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigadon View Post
https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1263168197018161152

Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
Because I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you
That fits with his no-look stylee
Old 21-05-20, 07:00 AM   #1018
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

What a surprise that 2 players from teams that would benefit from the season being voided are making a good go at getting infected

Old 21-05-20, 10:29 AM   #1019
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Say 'no-look' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say 'no-look' one more god damn time!

Old 21-05-20, 10:51 AM   #1020
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Old 21-05-20, 11:06 AM   #1021
Mr Pink
Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
What a surprise that 2 players from teams that would benefit from the season being voided are making a good go at getting infected

Part of Project Restart, the PL should tell clubs that all players that have had violations have to be excluded from the squad for the rest of the season, as they can’t be trusted and jeopardize everyone else’s health..
Old 21-05-20, 11:20 AM   #1022
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Part of Project Restart, the PL should tell clubs that all players that have had violations have to be excluded from the squad for the rest of the season, as they can’t be trusted and jeopardize everyone else’s health..
Absolutely. Took you about 5 minutes to work that out yet I bet the PL and FA could sit in meetings for days and not work it out
Old 21-05-20, 08:33 PM   #1023
brightred
Befuddled

It took me 10 minutes.
Is that ok Norbs?
Old 21-05-20, 09:01 PM   #1024
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightred View Post
It took me 10 minutes.
Is that ok Norbs?
Still knocks spots off the PL's decision making abilities
Old 21-05-20, 11:16 PM   #1025
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Coronavirus: EFL League One, League Two clubs could fold without Government bailout - MP
Damian Collins MP: "In the next few weeks we could see five to 10 EFL League clubs going into administration... without Government stepping in, those clubs could go to the wall."

An urgent and substantial Government bailout is needed for clubs in the EFL Leagues One and Two, otherwise, up to 10 clubs could go into administration within weeks.

That is the view of former Chair of the Commons Select Committee, Damian Collins MP, and the co-owner of League One Sunderland, Charlie Methven.

In an interview with Sky Sports News, Collins said the parlous financial state of many League One and Two clubs even before the coronavirus crisis was worrying, but the impact of the pandemic was making the plight of clubs more acute.

Collins has called on the Government to provide a financial bailout package, otherwise by next month many clubs will have to file for administration and, if no support is forthcoming, they could cease to exist.

He said: "In the next few weeks we could see five to 10 EFL League clubs going into administration.

"We saw the outcry last summer when two clubs, Bury and Bolton were in trouble. If that happens there will be huge public demand to do something, without Government stepping in, those clubs could go to the wall and there may be others that follow.

"Yes it be would be nice if football could help itself, but it won't be able to do it.

"I don't think there is a body able to stump up the cash needed… it requires leadership from the government here. They need to offer a stake in the clubs, as it's a community asset. Those stakes could be bought by Trusts and local authorities."

Collins and Methven have drafted a six-point plan to "rescue football and protect community assets for future generations to enjoy".

In their open letter, the six-point plan advocates...

A 'Football Finance Authority' (FFA) scheme should be created by the Football Association - but working with and backed financially by the government - to provide financial assistance to EFL clubs.
Funds should be provided by the FFA to allow clubs to meet their short-term liabilities and provide them enough breathing space to restructure their finances, but couldn't be used to invest in recruiting new players or improving the club's infrastructure. Rather than being offered as loans, these funds would instead be exchanged for a minority shareholding in the club, of between 10 per cent to 49 per cent, depending on the level of investment required and the value of the club.
Independent directors would be appointed to the boards of clubs as representatives for this minority shareholding. These directors can be nominated by either a registered Supporters Trust or by the relevant local government authority, but they must be non-political and subject to approval as 'Fit and Proper' by the FFA.
These Independent Directors shall have real-time access to the financial records of their club and can report their concerns back to the FFA. Clubs that continue to trade outside the rules of the EFL would be put into a form of administration by the FFA, where a credible plan would be implemented by independent auditors to bring the financial affairs of the club back in line with the League's rules.
Either a recognised Supporters Trust or a local authority can subsequently acquire the FFA shareholding in their club at a discount to market value, and funds raised in this way would be returned to the government to help repay the public investment in this scheme.
The EFL's financial regulations should be set and enforced by the FFA, the governing body of which should include representation from the EFL, the Professional Footballers Association (PFA), the Football Supporters Association (FSA) and the clubs themselves, but with an independent majority.

Collins warned that a Government bailout, in effect taxpayers' money, must come with a six-point 'strings attached' plan, otherwise, within months the clubs would continue to be run so badly they will be coming back needing more.

Money must not be used to buy players, it's sole function must be used for financial sustainability.

EFL Chair Rick Parry told a Commons Select Committee earlier this month that the EFL would face a 'black hole of £200m' by September and the former Chair of that Committee said that figure was "not fantastical" although he doubted whether any Government would provide a bailout amounting to that figure.

Earlier this month Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport Oliver Dowden announced a £16m package to help Rugby League through its financial problems.

Collins and Methven's six-point plan has received backing from the former Football Association Chair Baron David Triesman.

He said: "Damian Collins and Charlie Methven have clearly devoted considerable thought to the financial and social crises facing football.

"They have identified some very practical routes through to a more secure future and I welcome this wholeheartedly. It is a pity that football so seldom does the work needed itself.

"But it doesn't. This is therefore an especially important intervention."

Malcolm Clarke, chair of the Football Supporters' Association and supporter representative on the FA Council also added his support: "The necessary restrictions arising from the COVID-19 pandemic have made government support for football clubs - a vital part of our communities and culture - an urgent necessity.

"We welcome the call for that assistance to be both prompt and linked to future sustainability.

"Football now has a unique opportunity to reset and adopt new ideas, which not only secure the short-term future of clubs, but help them thrive in the seasons ahead.

"These proposals would be a huge step in the right direction and chime with the FSA's core beliefs - that fans have a key role to play in football governance and ownership models.

"The idea of an independent unit, embedded within the FA, which exists to protect clubs is an idea we've championed for some time. It receives our full support."
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ent-bailout-mp
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 09:48 PM   #1026
rodo
Shankly

Old 23-05-20, 10:31 PM   #1027
McDermotX
Paisley

Probably some Brighton and Watford player licking each other to get the season voided.
Old 23-05-20, 10:58 PM   #1028
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Eh?
Old 24-05-20, 12:22 AM   #1029
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

2 more positive tests from another 996 tests. Rate of 0.45%. 8 out of 1744. 99.55% negative.

Yet the ***** are still out wanting the season voiding.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 10:56 AM   #1030
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

This is brilliant..!

Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 11:53 AM   #1031
S-RED
Dalglish

Bournemouth player tests positive. Fuck me the bottom 6 are handling this well.....
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 02:17 PM   #1032
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Worst part is that it's not surprising
Old 24-05-20, 02:31 PM   #1033
Pepe79
Dalglish

Same story in the Championship. Only 2 positive cases from over 1000 tests.
Both of them from Hull.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 02:32 PM   #1034
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

So he can't play, as with any other illnesses. Meh.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 03:31 PM   #1035
S-RED
Dalglish

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-Restart.html

Players kicking back at club, pinch of salt source though.....
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 06:22 PM   #1036
Rafa Justice
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyton388 View Post
2 more positive tests from another 996 tests. Rate of 0.45%. 8 out of 1744. 99.55% negative.

Yet the ***** are still out wanting the season voiding.
Fuck them

Can't wait for the season to play out. Record points total please, no asterisk and 3 shithouse clubs relegated. Going to enjoy all of that lol
Rafa Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 06:23 PM   #1037
McDermotX
Paisley

Old 24-05-20, 06:38 PM   #1038
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
Picture
Old 24-05-20, 07:35 PM   #1039
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Picture was probably funnier
Old 25-05-20, 07:40 AM   #1040
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-Restart.html

Players kicking back at club, pinch of salt source though.....
Quote:
Clubs closer to the relegation zone are more regularly raising difficulties about Project Restart, while those above, such as Sheffield United in seventh place and Burnley in 10th, are keen to get going once again.

West Ham, currently 16th, raised the issue about a lack of social-distance marking at set-pieces, though that did not seem to be a problem in the Bundesliga, with everyone on the field properly tested.
Can they not just tell West Ham that they can social-distance mark at set pieces if they want I really hope West Ham go down, alot of the clubs at the bottom end of the table annoyed me in this but them more that most.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC