It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > General Sports

Old 06-05-20, 04:22 PM   #481
Oberon
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
He signed a multi year contract when he first joined the team. As he said on the show he needed the security.

Don't feel too bad for him as he ultimately made more than Jordan did in his NBA career. He got paid when he left Chicago.
Oh I don't, it shows what good representation can do for you. I think even in the company where I work if I was 126th highest paid I'd be doing very well.

I suppose it also shows how much the very best aren't motivated by money alone, getting their market value maybe but by '97 neither of them were going to be on skid row so something else must have been pushing them to be better.

Was it Spud Webb who won the dunk contest once?
Old 06-05-20, 04:49 PM   #482
spud_gun
Paisley

As soon as Pippen signed the initial contract he was never going to be on skid row. He was wealthy by almost any measure.

He didn't get properly 'paid' until he left the Bulls though.

https://hoopshype.com/player/scottie-pippen/salary/

Spud Webb won the dunk contest. I think he was the smallest player in the NBA at the time.

r.e. Zion - The best description I've seen of him is that he's a flying fridge. With his body type he wouldn't be out of place on an NFL teams offensive line.
Old 07-05-20, 01:23 AM   #483
Harv
Randy Marsh

Zion will be a flash in the pan unless he loses some of that bulk or changes his game as a more back to the basket style (think Shaq)

His knees and ankles will not be able take the pounding of an 82 game season playing the way he does.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 07:22 AM   #484
Scratch
If you fail once....

From what I've ready, they are working on a plan for him to lose some bulk, and have also been teaching him to grab the rim more on some of his explosive dunks, to limit the impact as he comes back down. I think he's gonna be a star, especially if he can get back into a similar shape as he was in his final college year, where he seemed to sport a slimmer physique. I think the convalescence from the knee surgery saw him pile on some pounds.
Old 07-05-20, 11:48 AM   #485
Harv
Randy Marsh

He's just a big dude and is always going to be susceptible to stacking on the kilos. I think playing a bit more controlled will help, but then you're stopping him from playing his natural explosive game.

Just enjoy him whilst he lasts. Wouldn't be surprised to see him almost disappear completely in a few seasons when the wear and tear will take hold.

Hope I'm wrong of course, as he's one of the most exciting players thats come into the league for absolutely ages. (Ja Morant is also equally awesome)

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 12:45 AM   #486
dom9
Ant Pisser

I've not seen the doc but I found this article interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...idApp_Messages

Too long to copy and paste though.
Old 10-05-20, 09:42 AM   #487
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I've not seen the doc but I found this article interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...idApp_Messages

Too long to copy and paste though.
Given the ongoing pandemic and its.effect on all facets of life it seems that the sports.journalists have been hit especially hard.

Is there anyone seriously arguing that The Last Dance promised to be a hard hitting investigative exposť on Jordan and the Bulls?

The article is the embodiment of a strawman. You would expect better from The Guardian.

I can see the author is being taken to task on the comments
Then again that's job done, isn't it? Clicks and comments

est1892 > General > General Sports