It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 31-03-19, 11:39 AM   #8401
fidget
Shankly

the shithouse price was fighting
Old 31-03-19, 09:35 PM   #8402
rodo
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
the shithouse price was fighting
Old 01-04-19, 11:09 AM   #8403
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

That Kash Ali has had licence suspended
Old 01-04-19, 11:17 AM   #8404
spud_gun
Paisley

Anthony Fowler hype train derailed on Saturday.
spud_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 08:51 AM   #8405
Vermilion
Shooterista

Vasyl Lomachenko. It was like he switched Crolla off, turned him to stone and watched him fall on his face.

Crolla offered nothing at all, he may as well have got into an early round war just for the hell of it, instead of wearing ear muffs all fight.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 09:30 AM   #8406
fidget
Shankly

True
Old 14-04-19, 07:57 PM   #8407
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
Vasyl Lomachenko. It was like he switched Crolla off, turned him to stone and watched him fall on his face.

Crolla offered nothing at all, he may as well have got into an early round war just for the hell of it, instead of wearing ear muffs all fight.
Just watched the fight now after the match. Brilliant hook to finish it off, as Loma said, Crolla's corner were pretty irresponsible to send him out after that 3rd round. Shows the difference between a solid fighter and a genuinely top class one. If there weren't a million belts in every division, I don't think Crolla would have ever been world champ, just a solid gatekeeper. Was an absolute punching bag in there.

Would like to see Lomachenko fight Mikey Garcia next, hopefully his hand isn't too bad and Garcia can drop the weight quickly enough. Zero interest seeing him repeat this type of annihilation on Luke Campbell.
Zapater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-19, 06:54 AM   #8408
RichC
Meh

Miller denied boxing license by the NYAC for an adverse finding in a drug test sample.

If the fight doesn’t go ahead got to feel sorry for the fans that have flights booked out there
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 11:09 PM   #8409
Mr Darko
Benitez

Miller has failed a 2nd test for another substance, this time HGH. Pretty sure this is a first - a boxer failing two tests for two different substances in the SAME training camp.

/Edit

He's failed a third test and tested positive for EPO (in addition to what he was busted for in the first test, GW1516)

so that's

Test 1: GW1516
Test 2: HGH
Test 3: EPO and GW1516
[space reserved for further tests]

GW1516 was found to cause cancer in animal testing. So he's just lost that $6 million and may have given himself cancer.

Last edited by Mr Darko; 20-04-19 at 11:47 AM. Reason: new test
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-19, 09:27 AM   #8410
RichC
Meh

Expected result with Crawford Khan last night. Unsatisfactory ending tbh but Khan was going to be stopped imo so maybe Hunter made the right call and pulled him out.

Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone quit from a low blow before.

Interesting to see if Khan carries on now, maybe finally him and Brook will go at it
Old 21-04-19, 10:11 AM   #8411
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Khan one of thee most deluded boxers ever....QUIT NOW YOU FOOL
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-19, 10:14 AM   #8412
Assassin
Kloppite

Khan’s ex missus said he was hung like a hamster, so its difficult to believe the low blow was the cause of him whimping out
Old 21-04-19, 11:26 AM   #8413
RichC
Meh

He’s a decent boxer, more than decent tbh but not quite that top level. He’s got quick hands, good footwork for the most part and decent power but he seems to switch off in fights and gets into slugfests which he usually ends up on the floor when in against the best fighters

I’d like to see the Brook fight now, it’ll be a decent pay day for them both and will close off that British rivalry
Old 21-04-19, 01:02 PM   #8414
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Just watched Khan's interview about the fight and he was saying that he was coming back strongly into the fight and catching Crawford more and more with telling shots.

That Crawford was slowing down and he was picking up and forcing the pace on Crawford. Says he would take a rematch as he was on top when it ended

And that repeated low blows may have been Crawford's strategy to get a win

And on and on about how he never quits and he was ready for 12 rounds of war etc etc

And how he thinks the low blow hit his balls but he would like to see a replay to make sure? LMAO You get hit in the balls you know all about it and you do not need a replay after the fight to tell you whether you were hit there or not.

Well Amir, you had a full five minutes if you and your corner wanted it to try and recover from the low blow. Neither you nor your corner seemed to want to use that full five minutes to see if you could continue, and there did not seem to be much complaint when your corner threw in the towel.
Old 21-04-19, 03:42 PM   #8415
Mr Darko
Benitez

^ Khan is more deluded than Charlie Zelenoff. I think the general consensus is fight Brook or **** off.
Mr Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-19, 03:49 PM   #8416
Tee
El Pistolero

Khan has run out of any credit he still had left, his only options now are retirement or to take that last big payday v Brook. Sad to see him quit like that v Crawford, didn’t fool anyone at all.
Old 21-04-19, 04:13 PM   #8417
RichC
Meh

Biggest fault with Khan is he’s stupid in the ring and gets drawn into a fight, he’s a good boxer if he’d stuck to his skills rather than what he ends up doing most of the time he could have been better than his career has turned out.
Old 30-04-19, 09:52 AM   #8418
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Andy Ruiz Jr set to be named as Anthony Joshua opponent

Promoter Eddie Hearn says Ruiz will "do anything" to become world champion.

"He will entertain you, give it his all. Even if it means getting sensationally knocked out, he will rather do that than not do it," Hearn told Fighthype.com.

"I couldn't afford a guy who I thought may not be good enough or game enough to entertain the fans. I had to pick a guy in my heart who I thought will do everything to become world heavyweight champion at the Garden."

Ruiz has agreed to terms, leaving only small details to be finalised, with Hearn stating the fight was "close".
Eddie Hearn ya conman
Old 30-04-19, 10:13 AM   #8419
spud_gun
Paisley

Joshua's bum of the month US tour kicks off in earnest

Last edited by spud_gun; 30-04-19 at 12:20 PM.
Old 30-04-19, 11:00 AM   #8420
Liverpool
Paisley

Absolute joke
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 11:01 AM   #8421
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Andy Ruiz Jr set to be named as Anthony Joshua opponent

Promoter Eddie Hearn says Ruiz will "do anything" to become world champion.

Except go on a diet.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 12:22 PM   #8422
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Except go on a diet.
Old 30-04-19, 03:20 PM   #8423
Tee
El Pistolero

Fucking hell are they serious? Eddie Hearn making AJ look like a right mug.
Old 30-04-19, 04:07 PM   #8424
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

It's been a big, unnecessary, digression in his career path

He should be beater Wilder and Fury etc now instead of all this nonsense. He's in his peak and he's wasting it. It's a shame.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 04:24 PM   #8425
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Anthony Joshua .....Eddie Hearns puppet
Old 30-04-19, 04:35 PM   #8426
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Anthony Joshua .....Eddie Hearns puppet
Not sure that's the case

Joshua could have his pick of promoters.

More than likely the money Hearn makes from Joshua underpins the entire Matchroom Promotions.
Old 30-04-19, 04:51 PM   #8427
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
Not sure that's the case

Joshua could have his pick of promoters.

More than likely the money Hearn makes from Joshua underpins the entire Matchroom Promotions.
Joshua will now be ridiculed for this fight ....he needs to make a point to Hearn and say i want Wilder or Fury who cares if he doesn't get a 50/50 purse split,Otherwise these boxers will have gone past there prime if they do ever meet in the ring bit like Mayweather and Pacqiuo..heck even Dillian Whyte was willing to step in....
Old 30-04-19, 05:22 PM   #8428
spud_gun
Paisley

Is Whyte any better than Ruiz?
Old 01-05-19, 01:57 PM   #8429
Zapater
Dalglish

What do we think about Jacobs vs Canelo.

I pick Jacobs to win a tight decision but Canelo to be gifted 4 rounds to take a tight majority decision victory and remain undefeated
Old 02-05-19, 09:33 AM   #8430
Vermilion
Shooterista

AJ has already put Whyte away, i don't get the AJ is scared to face him so choose an easy fight chat from some, Whyte saying they didn't offer him enough money, when in reality he's been offered another chance to become 3 belt WC.

They said they looked at Fury or Wilder, but neither would or could step up.
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 11:04 AM   #8431
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
What do we think about Jacobs vs Canelo.

I pick Jacobs to win a tight decision but Canelo to be gifted 4 rounds to take a tight majority decision victory and remain undefeated

Tough call to make tbh. I like watching Jacobs fight, and he has proper heavy hands on him.

But Canelo is durable and seems to have it in his contract that his grandmother gets score his fights.

Would not surprise me to see this one scored even on the cards, but unless Jacobs can spark Canelo or force the ref into making a stoppage I do not see Canelo picking up the L.
Old 02-05-19, 01:08 PM   #8432
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Tough call to make tbh. I like watching Jacobs fight, and he has proper heavy hands on him.

But Canelo is durable and seems to have it in his contract that his grandmother gets score his fights.

Would not surprise me to see this one scored even on the cards, but unless Jacobs can spark Canelo or force the ref into making a stoppage I do not see Canelo picking up the L.
I think it's a 55/45 fight in Canelo's favour - maybe 65/35 with the officials and judges on his side. Eddie Hearn said he has no issues with the officials but he may sing a different tune after the fight.

Tactically if Jacobs can keep the fight moving laterally, he has a great chance. Canlo has improved a lot, but I still think he is grossly overrated and very ponderous a lot of the time. If Jacobs keeps the fight long he has an even better chance, because Alvarez struggles at range and needs to be in close quarters.

Interesting you bring up Jacobs power, I've seen most of his fights but didn't realise/register how much of a banger he is statistically. Has a KO rate is around 85%, which is really impressive for anyone, let alone a boxer puncher like him with refined overall skills. Think we'll see him switch hit a bit in this one too. Would be surprised if there is a KO in this either way.

Body work will be key for Canelo.

Looking to forward to it. Should be a really entertaining fight either way.
Old 02-05-19, 01:38 PM   #8433
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
I think it's a 55/45 fight in Canelo's favour - maybe 65/35 with the officials and judges on his side. Eddie Hearn said he has no issues with the officials but he may sing a different tune after the fight.

Tactically if Jacobs can keep the fight moving laterally, he has a great chance. Canlo has improved a lot, but I still think he is grossly overrated and very ponderous a lot of the time. If Jacobs keeps the fight long he has an even better chance, because Alvarez struggles at range and needs to be in close quarters.

Interesting you bring up Jacobs power, I've seen most of his fights but didn't realise/register how much of a banger he is statistically. Has a KO rate is around 85%, which is really impressive for anyone, let alone a boxer puncher like him with refined overall skills. Think we'll see him switch hit a bit in this one too. Would be surprised if there is a KO in this either way.

Body work will be key for Canelo.

Looking to forward to it. Should be a really entertaining fight either way.

Well how I described Jacobs is as being heavy handed. He has the sort of power that stuns and/or wears another fighter down quickly rather than that explosive one hit and you are out kind of power.

He is just a notch below that stop you cold level of hitting, but that still has him as being a heavier hitter, especially when it comes to having a rapid cumulative effect on an opponent, than most of the middleweight division.

If we are to talk technique, then Jacobs is the more rounded of the two and the more athletic.

But I feel that his switch hitting ability is vastly overated tbh. Yes he switch hits at times and he is proficient at it, but when you think of how guys like Andre Ward used to switch hit then Jacobs is a long way off of that sort of level. He is just not as smooth and practised at it than Ward was, and he certainly does not change stance quick enough to catch out a top tier opponent on a regular basis during a fight.

I agree about how a KO would be a surprise, but a TKO is another thing again and forcing a TKO is something Jacobs has form for being able to do.

I do think that if it goes to points that Canelo will get the win or if Daniel has been doing pretty well that it will be a draw. Just feel that Canelo is very very good at working scorecards, even when he does not have his granny on duty, and has a style that looks (and sounds) very good at ringside whilst not looking as dominant when viewed on tv from a number of angles.

I feel that Canelo is also the better of the two defensively.

What makes it a very interesting pairing for me, compared to say GGG vs Canelo, is the fact that Jacobs is more agile and athletic than GGG and in some ways may be able to work more angles than GGG.

I totally disagree though with Canelo's talk of how he sees Jacobs as being superior technically than GGG. That is just him trying to talk up the threat of Jacobs whilst at the same time having a pop at GGG and keeping interest in a third GGG- Canelo bout going.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 02-05-19 at 01:46 PM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 08:28 AM   #8434
Zapater
Dalglish

No complaints about that decision. Good scrap, close fight. I felt that Canelo won by 2 rounds. The rounds were close but I felt Jacobs was fighting his fight. Jacobs had the more eye catching big punches but overall the tone was in Canelo's favour.

Another close one but definitive.
Old 19-05-19, 07:42 AM   #8435
Zapater
Dalglish

Wilder stops Breazeale in the first with a gigantic right hand. Heavyweights in general are so shit, but the so called elite heavyweights at the moment are pathetic. That has to be the least skill I've seen in the ring in years.
Old 19-05-19, 09:46 AM   #8436
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 20-05-19, 11:05 AM   #8437
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Wilder stops Breazeale in the first with a gigantic right hand. Heavyweights in general are so shit, but the so called elite heavyweights at the moment are pathetic. That has to be the least skill I've seen in the ring in years.

Said it many times but the elite heavyweights of recent times would be the mid tier of eras gone by.

The 1980s and 1990s top tier guys in their prime would have the current top tier for dinner. Doubt anyone really thinks that prime Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, or Holmes would not simply dominate what passes as top tier nowadays.

There was a time when heavyweights the calibre of Morrison, Seldon, Grant, Donald, Golota etc were seen as decent mid teir heavyweights capable of holding a lesser belt until they met one of the top guys or of the odd good but losing showing against a top guy, but that level of heavyweight would be seen as top tier and then some nowadays.
Old 20-05-19, 02:54 PM   #8438
spud_gun
Paisley

Great performance by Josh Taylor at the weekend. Saw him box at the Commonwealth Games in 2014.

As much as an arsehole BJS he's a wonderful boxer.
Old 31-05-19, 10:47 AM   #8439
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Old 31-05-19, 11:30 AM   #8440
spud_gun
Paisley

Ruiz Jr looks like he's won a competition to meet Joshua

est1892 > General > General Sports