It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 18-05-22, 02:39 PM   #7321
Rigadon
Shankly

Looking forward to seeing this at the end of the City vs Villa game on Sunday...

Old 18-05-22, 03:01 PM   #7322
Mr Pink
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
If they score early I think they'll win by 4 or 5.

On the other hand if it gets to half-time and they're not ahead, and we are, they could get nervy.
Agree 100% its very possible that they score early on and are 2-0 up within 20 min and it goes on to be a routine win, but if villa keep them out til half time or even take the lead themselves, will be very interesting to see what happens…

People saying that city will have the crowd behind them, but that only works for them, if they’re already winning imo… it’s a pretty bad example, as city won comfortably in the end, but when watching their game against Brighton a few weeks ago, it was 0-0 at HT. There was a lot of moans and grunting from the crowd, and the players were arguing with eachother- then Brighton gifted them the opener, and they cruised to a 3-0 win, haha…

I reckon if they need a goal in the last 15/20, the crowd is gonna be a hindrance, more than anything else.
Old 18-05-22, 03:05 PM   #7323
Mr Pink
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Villa's last 10 league games away to Citeh as follows:
LLLLLLLLLL
Goals for: 4
Goals against: 34
How many of those games were final game of the season, with the title on the line for city? I’m not hopeful cos I think villa are a better team than city- I’m hopeful cos city have a history of crumbling in high pressure games… and with the Liverpool connection, villa will surely at least be fired up for it…
Old 18-05-22, 03:07 PM   #7324
Mr Pink
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They'll be 1-0 up inside 5 minutes and that'll be that.

They were 1-0 up against Madrid inside 5 minutes!
Old 18-05-22, 03:11 PM   #7325
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
They were 1-0 up against Madrid inside 5 minutes!
True, but this is not a motivated Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu unfortunately.

It a tired mid-table Aston Villa who effectively have nothing to play for.

They are not fighting with their last breath to get into the Champions League final, they are packed and ready to go on their summer holidays. If they go 1 or 2 goals down there will be no fightback.

It really is a long shot for us I'm afraid, hence Klopps starting XI last night.

It is a cruel one because we can't help but hope as there is a possibility (me included!), but in all likelihood it will all be over by half time
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-22, 03:25 PM   #7326
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Aye
Old 18-05-22, 04:59 PM   #7327
Mr Pink
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
True, but this is not a motivated Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu unfortunately.

It a tired mid-table Aston Villa who effectively have nothing to play for.

They are not fighting with their last breath to get into the Champions League final, they are packed and ready to go on their summer holidays. If they go 1 or 2 goals down there will be no fightback.

It really is a long shot for us I'm afraid, hence Klopps starting XI last night.

It is a cruel one because we can't help but hope as there is a possibility (me included!), but in all likelihood it will all be over by half time

Agree that villa don’t have the same quality as Madrid, but city lost that game, because they bottled it- not (only) because of Madrids quality. They had Madrid all but beaten, had a 2 goal cushion, conceded one late goal and then 40 seconds later conceded another- no matter how good your opposition is, that’s bottling it. Same as the mahrez penalty last week. If that was a normal game in January or something, he probably would have buried it, but the pressure got to him. And the pressure will only increase - west ham was a bit of a free hit, but this is a must win.

I agree it’s very much a long shot, but stranger things have happened. Agree if they’re 2 goals down, it’s surely over, but if they’re 1 goal down with 5 min to go, they still have every chance of grabbing a late equalizer!

Agree it’s cruel and it’s the hope that kills you, but at least we have a champions league final to look forward to, one week later!!!
Old 18-05-22, 05:15 PM   #7328
frank the tank
Paisley

i was feeling really low about the City - Villa game - just want it to be over ffs....

However, every time I read one of Jacos posts about it, then I am a believer!!!!!

Does the City team stay in a hotel before their home games????? Would be good to wake them up the night before!!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-22, 09:50 PM   #7329
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
Does the City team stay in a hotel before their home games????? Would be good to wake them up the night before!!!!
Like the bus wrecking it is another thing they could cry about Liverpool fans that city fans did long before us*

*they may have just set the fire alarm off rather than fireworks before Gillingham in the playoffs, I can't remember precisely.
Old 19-05-22, 05:37 AM   #7330
Mr Pink
Fagan

It would be class if Liverpool fans travelled to manchester to welcome the city bus, haha… not suggesting violence or bus vandalism or anything, but imagine a nervous city team turning up, to be greeted by a bunch of RED flares, and LFC banners!! Would add to their nerves tremendously! And a short trip for local LFC fans…
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #7331
ChesterDave
Paisley

Old Today, 02:28 PM   #7332
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Looks like the O2 in the background too
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football