It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-19, 06:47 PM   #161
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,507
Have they dared send anyone to the grounds or are they doing it from the safety of the studio?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 27-08-19, 07:08 PM   #162
rodo
Shankly
 
rodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Have they dared send anyone to the grounds or are they doing it from the safety of the studio?
reporters outside both
__________________
Oh I say his vision there was lovely
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 07:18 PM   #163
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
If Bury and/or Bolton go pop will they give extra places for promotion from the National League?
No. Reduced the relegation places to 3 (presumably 2 if both go) and retain 4 promotion spots. Bottom of l2 standard
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 07:19 PM   #164
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Also, it's not shocking that the Bury deal has collapsed. The companyassets/liabilities as per companies House were highlighted on radio on Saturday. Crap, in short. 0 cash and 190k assets with 330k liabilities.
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 08:38 PM   #165
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Also, it's not shocking that the Bury deal has collapsed. The companyassets/liabilities as per companies House were highlighted on radio on Saturday. Crap, in short. 0 cash and 190k assets with 330k liabilities.
Ground/Car park worth a few bob tho, hence Steve Dale
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 08:42 PM   #166
Deano
Shankly
 
Deano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
if you were a fan of either club???
On the Bolton one, I don't give a shit, shithouse club since the move from Burnden Park.

Said it for years, that the PL money was going somewhere other than the club and I don't mean Eddie Davies. Too many deals with the manger and chairman, whereby both got a cut...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-phil-gartside
__________________
I make no apologies, this is me
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 09:40 PM   #167
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
No. Reduced the relegation places to 3 (presumably 2 if both go) and retain 4 promotion spots. Bottom of l2 standard
Who would fill the slack?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 09:41 PM   #168
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Ground/Car park worth a few bob tho, hence Steve Dale
Sorry, meant this C&N Sporting Risk outfit. Never had the money to buy. But yeah, that's usually the reason
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 09:49 PM   #169
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
On the Bolton one, I don't give a shit, shithouse club since the move from Burnden Park.

Said it for years, that the PL money was going somewhere other than the club and I don't mean Eddie Davies. Too many deals with the manger and chairman, whereby both got a cut...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-phil-gartside
A dodgy chairman and manager should define the club for the players, club staff, fans, and town. Given our issues with shitty owners in the past we should understand that. They haven't done anything to deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Who would fill the slack?
Not sure what you mean. Would be a 22 or 23 team league promotion to and relagation from The Championship would be unaffected. 2 or 3 instead of 4 teams would be relegated to league 2. 4 teams would still be promoted from league 2.

Then there will either be no or reduced relegation to non league, additional promotion from non league to balance the 92. Below national league will like be balanced at regional tiers
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 09:52 PM   #170
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Not sure what you mean..... additional promotion from non league to balance the 92.


I think that's what I asked
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-19, 11:34 PM   #171
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Bury expelled from football league.
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 05:54 AM   #172
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,780
The fit and proper tests need looking at, letting Dale take over was a massive mistake who clearly has only seen this as an opportunity for some short term profit.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 08:15 AM   #173
dom9
Ant Pisser
 
dom9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 62,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
The fit and proper tests need looking at, letting Dale take over was a massive mistake who clearly has only seen this as an opportunity for some short term profit.
Would they not have just gone bankrupt at that point anyway (I don't know the answer to that btw)?

I think that this expectation that there will be 92 fit and proper people with the means and ability to run all the football clubs at any one time is unrealistic tbh.

What I'd like to see, and it's too late for this (should have been part of the model for running clubs since they formed) is true fan ownership. A pipe dream.

So we are where we are. And it's going get any better.

The rich will get richer and the poor and incompetent will go to the wall.
__________________
Oh I don't know.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 08:43 AM   #174
S-RED
Dalglish
 
S-RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,938
How was dale allowed to buy the club for £1.

Disgraceful comments from him again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/foo...ost_type=share
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 09:30 AM   #175
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Would they not have just gone bankrupt at that point anyway (I don't know the answer to that btw)?

I think that this expectation that there will be 92 fit and proper people with the means and ability to run all the football clubs at any one time is unrealistic tbh.

What I'd like to see, and it's too late for this (should have been part of the model for running clubs since they formed) is true fan ownership. A pipe dream.

So we are where we are. And it's going get any better.

The rich will get richer and the poor and incompetent will go to the wall.
The type of ownership is unlikely to change any time soon but there is certainly work that could be undertaken to improve the regulations on ownership, I mean looking at this they didnít even bother to go through the usual process which is awful.

The process should at the very least be carried out as itís supposed to be.
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 09:33 AM   #176
RichC
Meh
 
RichC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
How was dale allowed to buy the club for £1.

Disgraceful comments from him again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/foo...ost_type=share
Standard practice tbh, heís brought the club for a token value whilst also taking on the debt and ongoing running of the business
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 10:38 AM   #177
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Would they not have just gone bankrupt at that point anyway (I don't know the answer to that btw)?
Possibly, I suppose. But it could have prevented a bid that had the chance to be successful. Now, 8 months further down the line more damage has been done and its too late.
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 07:28 PM   #178
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Standard practice tbh, he’s brought the club for a token value whilst also taking on the debt and ongoing running of the business


It'd be interesting to see a list of things bought for a pound. Oh hang on...

From Homebase to Chelsea FC
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 08:22 PM   #179
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Sounds like a profitable bit of asset stripping too. Ground is leased. Presumably from a company owned by Dale. So he can flog that on the side while all the directors of Bury can go whistle.
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 08:31 PM   #180
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20,567
Just reading about the bolton and bury issues on bbc...

Bolton, meanwhile, had been in administration since May and have found themselves in court at least once a year since 2015.
In 2017, a company which owned more than a third of shares in the club was wound up - and that was after former owner Ken Anderson had reportedly been paid £525,000 in consultancy fees.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49495387
__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆ Champions of Europe. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 28-08-19, 08:35 PM   #181
ChesterDave
Paisley
 
ChesterDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Just reading about the bolton and bury issues on bbc...

Bolton, meanwhile, had been in administration since May and have found themselves in court at least once a year since 2015.
In 2017, a company which owned more than a third of shares in the club was wound up - and that was after former owner Ken Anderson had reportedly been paid £525,000 in consultancy fees.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49495387
I'm sure an addition £125,000 was paid in consultancy fees to a firm owed by a relative of his as well. Nowt dodgy there at all
__________________
If it's a girl they're calling her Sigorney after an actress and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney after Dave.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 08:40 PM   #182
baitman
Daddy day care
 
baitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
I'm sure an addition £125,000 was paid in consultancy fees to a firm owed by a relative of his as well. Nowt dodgy there at all
Its beyond belief that the fa stand back and let these shysters milk the cash cow until there is nothing left then leave it to starve to death.

Buy a club thats massively in debt for just £1 and then further strip it until even the marrow has been sucked out of the bones.
__________________
☆☆☆☆☆☆ Champions of Europe. removing all the weak links makes us stronger

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 06:59 PM   #183
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,507
Bromley unbeaten at the top of non-league, Reds top of the real league. Loving this season so far
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-19, 11:12 AM   #184
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,507
Bromley have Aldershot next Saturday in the final qualifying round of the FA Cup

Might go
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > General Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.