It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 05-06-14, 11:06 AM   #1
Yozza
Shankly

Emre Can

Reds agree Emre Can deal in principle

Liverpool FC have today agreed a deal in principle with Bayer Leverkusen to sign 20-year-old Emre Can, subject to documentation being completed.

A versatile German youth international, the Frankfurt-born midfielder made 29 Bundesliga appearances last season, scoring three goals.

His contributions helped Leverkusen finish fourth and secure Champions League qualification, having joined the club from Bayern Munich last summer.

Can clocked up seven appearances in Europe's elite competition during 2013-14, and has previously played at the European U21 Championship and the U17 World Cup.

The news follows the announcement on Monday of England striker Rickie Lambert as the Reds' first signing of the summer transfer window.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 05-06-14, 11:10 AM   #2
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Ben D'Arcy ‏@ben_darcy
I genuinely have been watching Emre Can for the last year. Thought he'd be great for #LFC and so made a point of keeping an eye on him.
Old 05-06-14, 11:14 AM   #3
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Carl Markham ‏@carlmarkham
Emre Can done & dusted. Will officially join #LFC on July 1 but contract already signed.
Old 05-06-14, 11:15 AM   #4
PTP
Passion for fire alarms or extinguishers?

which motherfucker closed the thread - i'd just typed out a long post

cunt
Old 05-06-14, 11:16 AM   #5
Alex
Administrator

Sorry mate. Ill open it again if you want. But its just a normal thing we do when players sign. You know that

Just C+P in here
Old 05-06-14, 11:23 AM   #6
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

Good news!

Few more Leverkusen fan comments :

"Alone this Beefy, athletic body, coupled with Dynamics, will and power. Since a geis can not keep up.
Emre can is a beast! "

"The man has an incredible presence on the square and is an excellent fighter.
The finish would be a huge loss for Bayer04."

"you must recognize that can fits perfectly with his style of play to England. Think he will be a good number here."

"very good for us, good luck in England"

"The Emre had super moments here: impressive mental & physical presence, plus very good footballing facilities. I'm sorry already."

"Generally, it is certainly unfortunate, but it should be remembered just what options we have as Bayer 04 here. We are not a top address for such players, we're not interesting enough"
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 11:24 AM   #7
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 05-06-14, 11:27 AM   #8
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I think many of us have said we lack a bit of power in the side, especially in the middle. Stevie's power has waned a bit, Lucas lost loads after the injury, and it's almost entirely down to Henderson to provide it. Sounds like Can has power and athleticism in abundance.
Old 05-06-14, 11:28 AM   #9
cream
Paisley

Looks like the solid, combative, box to box midfielder we've been crying out for. well, we hope he turns into that.

Welcome Emre. Goodbye Lucas.
Old 05-06-14, 11:30 AM   #10
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I think many of us have said we lack a bit of power in the side, especially in the middle. Stevie's power has waned a bit, Lucas lost loads after the injury, and it's almost entirely down to Henderson to provide it. Sounds like Can has power and athleticism in abundance.
Yep, theres way too big a drop off in that aspect when Henderson doesn't play, this guy sounds pretty similar, maybe even stronger. Like our options there now, think we can outplay anyone or battle with anyone.
Old 05-06-14, 11:32 AM   #11
Boogs
Shankly

This is a good article I read about him last week.

Wrong player
Old 05-06-14, 11:32 AM   #12
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 05-06-14, 11:33 AM   #13
PTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Sorry mate. Ill open it again if you want. But its just a normal thing we do when players sign. You know that

Just C+P in here
its gone

it was along the lines of

pleased with this - if we can get lallana then i'd guess our starting three in midfield will be

gerrard - henderson - lallana

with cover/competition from lucas/can/allen - all three will be desperate to win a place. Plus the option of coutinho dropping into the am role.

i felt all season we were one player light in our midfield options and lacked someone with a bit of aggression/legs. and everything i've read/seen/heard about can is that he will bring us that
Old 05-06-14, 11:35 AM   #14
PTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
Looks like the solid, combative, box to box midfielder we've been crying out for. well, we hope he turns into that.

i'd hope we kept lucas. Whilst he drops down the pecking order - we need a squad and i still feel he'll do a job/give us some experienced cover.

imo - if we sold lucas now - well we'd just be back to square one in terms of squad depth in midfield except we'd have a potentially better player than lucas.
Old 05-06-14, 11:36 AM   #15
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
i'd hope we kept lucas. Whilst he drops down the pecking order - we need a squad and i still feel he'll do a job/give us some experienced cover.

imo - if we sold lucas now - well we'd just be back to square one in terms of squad depth in midfield except we'd have a potentially better player than lucas.
Definitely. And a great lad to have around.
Old 05-06-14, 11:39 AM   #16
Yozza
Shankly

Liverpool have made their second signing of the summer after agreeing a deal for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can.

The Reds have been chasing the Germany Under-21 international for some time but the process was held up by complications associated with a buy-back clause Bayern Munich inserted into the deal which took the 20-year-old to Leverkusen for £4.4million 12 months ago.

Press Association Sport understands Can will officially join Liverpool on July 1 when all the relevant paperwork can be completed but the player has already signed a contract with the club.

Can had a 12 million euro (£9.75million) release clause effective for foreign clubs and it is reported Bayern will receive £1.2million as compensation for waiving their buy-back option.

The 20-year-old midfielder follows Southampton striker Rickie Lambert, who completed his £4million move on Monday, to Anfield as manager Brendan Rodgers' summer strengthening continues ahead of a Champions League return next season.

A deal for the German progressed significantly on Wednesday when Leverkusen confirmed Liverpool had made an official bid and it was concluded late on Wednesday night.

"Until Tuesday, it was a rumour," Leverkusen chief executive Michael Schade told German newspaper Bild on Wednesday.

"Now I can confirm that an official offer from Liverpool is received by mail."

In a short statement Liverpool said: "Liverpool have today agreed a deal in principle with Bayer Leverkusen to sign 20-year-old Emre Can, subject to documentation being completed."

Schade, in confirming Can's depature, said the club were powerless to keep the player once his release clause was met.

"Emre Can has developed very quickly at Bayer 04 Leverkusen over the past 12 months," he told the club's website.

"We wanted to keep Emre at Leverkusen but the release clause is part of his contract.

"So we wish him all the best and lots of success in his time in the Premier League."

Old 05-06-14, 11:39 AM   #17
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Hopefully another year of healing will help him too. (RE Lucas)
Old 05-06-14, 11:40 AM   #18
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:

Quote:
We definitely need to keep Lucas. It's up to him now to rediscover his best form if he wants to stay ahead of Can. Should bring the best out of both of them.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 11:42 AM   #19
Chris

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah I dont see the point in selling Lucas, just got to try and avoid having him and Gerrard on the pitch at the same time. The pair of em look so much better when they're surrounded by energy. Theres loads of talk that he's finished but he looked good v Spurs and City when surrounded by Allen and Hendo doing the running.
Old 05-06-14, 11:42 AM   #20
The_weatherman
Smug

If we get Lallana in as well our midfield will be a very good shape. Lallana, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Allen and Lucas is looking seriously good IMO.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 05-06-14, 11:51 AM   #21
Marina
Marooned

I believe his surname is pronounced "Jan." Unfortunate for those who are fond of player name puns.
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 11:55 AM   #22
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I believe his surname is pronounced "Jan." Unfortunate for those who are fond of player name puns.
Jan cannot be serious.
Old 05-06-14, 11:58 AM   #23
PTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
If we get Lallana in as well our midfield will be a very good shape. Lallana, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Allen and Lucas is looking seriously good IMO.
looks very good

great mixture of everything there - experience, 1st team ready, potential, couple of tacklers, couple with good engines, all comfortable with the ball, likes of coutinho/lallana give us that bit of quality in the attacking 3rd.

gerrard aside - aged between what 20 to 27

none of them come across as petulant/nobheads who will sulk if not starting...all will know they need to fight to get in this team

i always try to look at a '2nd choice' way of things, because that then dictates how good your 1st choice is.

if we had to play the below, say for two/three games as we were resting/had a suspension/playing a cup game or something

------------------lucas-----------------
--------------can-------allen-------------

all three would be looking to play out their skin to prove themselves/get in to the first choice.

And - it would then mean the others, know they need to maintain their level to keep their place

it's a good position to be in - plus with the amount of games all will get plenty of playing time

lets just get lallana tied up
Old 05-06-14, 12:08 PM   #24
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
looks very good

great mixture of everything there - experience, 1st team ready, potential, couple of tacklers, couple with good engines, all comfortable with the ball, likes of coutinho/lallana give us that bit of quality in the attacking 3rd.

gerrard aside - aged between what 20 to 27

none of them come across as petulant/nobheads who will sulk if not starting...all will know they need to fight to get in this team

i always try to look at a '2nd choice' way of things, because that then dictates how good your 1st choice is.

if we had to play the below, say for two/three games as we were resting/had a suspension/playing a cup game or something

------------------lucas-----------------
--------------can-------allen-------------

all three would be looking to play out their skin to prove themselves/get in to the first choice.

And - it would then mean the others, know they need to maintain their level to keep their place

it's a good position to be in - plus with the amount of games all will get plenty of playing time

lets just get lallana tied up
Definately looks promising, Rodgers has a tendency to reward players who play well and that will be put to the test this season. He can vary as well, put Sterling upfront with Suarez or Sturridge with Coutinho in the hole. One new attacker, Lallana, Moreno and a centre back and we'll be setup to be challenging on all fronts IMO.
The_weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:33 PM   #25
spider-neil
Fagan

Emre Can...Fuck Yeah!!
spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:35 PM   #26
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good news!

"Alone this Beefy, athletic body, coupled with Dynamics, will and power. Since a geis can not keep up.
Emre can is a beast! "

"The man has an incredible presence on Concert square and is an excellent fighter.

"you must recognize that can fits perfectly with his style of play to England. Think he will be a good number here."

"The Emre had super moments here: impressive mental & physical presence, plus very good footballing facilities. I'm sorry already."

"Generally, it is certainly unfortunate, but it should be remembered just what options we have as Bayer 04 here. We are not a top address for such players, we're not interesting enough"

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:39 PM   #27
I, Ravel Morrison
Fagan

I like everything I'm hearing about the lad until this line "his deal marks the fourth occasion a player has arrived at Anfield from Leverkusen, with the other three all being strikers in Yesil, Erik Meijer and Andriy Voronin."

Makes me a little less enthused!

The release clause of £9.75million seems fairly lower than what was being reported. For a change it seems and well happy with that.
Old 05-06-14, 12:39 PM   #28
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Last edited by Bender; 05-06-14 at 12:43 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:42 PM   #29
Pepe79
Dalglish

Quote:
The punsters on here (and in the press) rarely let details like proper pronunciation get in the way of their work
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 12:48 PM   #30
SB
Paisley

Thrilled to bits with another of Brendan's choices in the bag so early on.
Old 05-06-14, 12:51 PM   #31
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good news!

Emre can is a beast! "

"The man has an incredible presence on the square and is an excellent fighter.

I love those quotes. I might have to start posting in the German style.
Old 05-06-14, 01:10 PM   #32
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Apparently, to be precise , it's more like 'Dzan'.
Old 05-06-14, 01:13 PM   #33
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Apparently, to be precise , it's more like 'Dzan'.
I heard it was Chan. But I knew you'd hate that
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 01:17 PM   #34
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo1981 View Post
I heard it was Chan. But I knew you'd hate that
I'm sure he's Jacked off hearing that name.
Old 05-06-14, 01:18 PM   #35
Yozza
Shankly

Liverpool & Emre Can: Daylight Robbery

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/liver...light-robbery/

Emre Can, as we’ve known for some time now, is heading for Liverpool and the fee involved is absolutely scandalous. Really, whoever it was at Leverkusen who sanctioned such a low release-clause 12 months ago should be in fear of their job – think of what £10m buys a club in the British market and remember that when you watch Can play next season.

Not to retread old ground, because I’ve written about Can before, but – beyond the fee – the value in this move is really in the player’s positional adaptability. The German has a very transferable skill-set and has a range of attributes which are useful in several different areas of the pitch – in fact, this season alone he’s been used as a central and defensive-midfielder, as a left-back, and – apparently – once as a centre-back.

I’ve only seen him play in the middle of the pitch, so I’m not in a position to comment on what his strongest role really is. However, this is a very modern player who can create opportunities, who can score goals, who can take the ball away from the opposition, and whose game is underpinned by really accomplished technique – and it’s presumably that range of abilities which makes him a viable option in more than one position.

In some ways, this is actually a perfect transfer for Liverpool; not only is Can a young player who will unquestionably develop, but he’s also a credible first-teamer who adds depth to several of the weaker areas in Brendan Rodgers’ squad.

There’s absolutely nothing to dislike about this deal, great business.

Old 05-06-14, 01:19 PM   #36
I, Ravel Morrison
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
I love those quotes. I might have to start posting in the German style.
My fav:

Emre can is a beast! "
Old 05-06-14, 01:22 PM   #37
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Ravel Morrison View Post
My fav:

Emre can is a beast! "
Old 05-06-14, 01:23 PM   #38
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Clark Whitney ‏@Mr_Bundesliga
Emre Can: Great engine for the Liverpool MF, definitely an EPL player. Can dribble, pass & is strong in the challenge, although often booked
Old 05-06-14, 01:24 PM   #39
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cream View Post
maybe the beef we have been lacking.

if he snaps the back of antonio valencia in our first game against manure the lad will be a legend.
there is likely to be a queue to snap this cunt now...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 01:28 PM   #40
Zapater
Dalglish

I've seen him a few times, not really noted anything particular about him. But from his reputation and what I've heard I'm quite excited about this. I like that we're getting a strong, versatile midfielder who has age on his side. In comparison to Alberto, it's also encouraging that he's played a season of top flight football for one of the better teams in the league.

There were several occasions we were missing something in midfield last season. Hopefully he [Emre] Can (I had to) supplement that.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football